Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the 6-6 plateau

oldunclemark

as unlikely as our prospects seemed a month ago....

The Texans fall to  6-6 with a loss at Green Bay Sunday....

Tennessee will be 6-6 after Sunday because they don't play....

..and the Colts can improve to 6-6 with a win in NY against the Jets Monday night

The Colts could/should take the division lead the next week at home with a win over Houston (they are 2-0 vs. the Titans and win all tiebreakers)

/////its all dependent on getting to that 6-6 plateau

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

as unlikely as our prospects seemed a month ago....

The Texans fall to  6-6 with a loss at Green Bay Sunday....

Tennessee will be 6-6 after Sunday because they don't play....

..and the Colts can improve to 6-6 with a win in NY against the Jets Monday night

The Colts could/should take the division lead the next week at home with a win over Houston (they are 2-0 vs. the Titans and win all tiebreakers)

/////its all dependent on getting to that 6-6 plateau

Actually Houston would win the tiebreaker.   They are undefeated in the division and we already have a loss to Jax.  Plus they beat the Bears Chiefs and Lions.  We lost to all three.   We beat SD is the only other offset.   They have to lose to Tenn or Jax and we have to win out the division 

odds are against us but the Texans do have a tendency to implode at the end of the yr 

9 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Actually Houston would win the tiebreaker.   They are undefeated in the division and we already have a loss to Jax.  Plus they beat the Bears Chiefs and Lions.  We lost to all three.   We beat SD is the only other offset.   They have to lose to Tenn or Jax and we have to win out the division 

odds are against us but the Texans do have a tendency to implode at the end of the yr 

we did not lose to the bears

11 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

But if they lose to GB next week, that would give Indy another boost. Plus the Colts still play the Vikings and Raiders (two teams Houston lost to), and whilst it seems unlikely, a win in either would help the Colts chances.

Houston is far from having this wrapped up.

Divisional games aside, against common opponents, the Texans are presently 3-4 with one to go.

The Colts are 3-3 with two to go.

The Colts are in control. It's just not easy to recognize by watching them play sometimes.

Correction: The Colts are in control assuming this weekend transpires as we hope.

I like our chances looking at all the scenario's if we beat the Jets. I don't see the Texans or Titans being better than 8-8 and even if the Titans go 9-7 and we do too we get the tiebreaker. I have the Texans losing at GB, losing to us, and losing at Tennessee which would put them at 8-8. Titans probably wont beat Denver or win at KC either.  

--If Ryan Fitzpatrick has a bad day at the office with turnovers, high passes, & several incompletions.

--If Brandon Marshal has migraines, butterfinger hands, or mistimes his leaps on touchdown bombs. 

--If RB Matt Forte doesn't suddenly catch fire on the ground converting 3rd downs...

--If Richardson & Williams don't sack Luck numerous times, there is a glimmer of hope for INDY...

I'm worried about this game especially with the hits Andrew has already sustained as well as his concussion. I am rooting for a victory sure, but gang green does have a much better D-line then we do. Knock on wood Colts. Knock on wood. 

I think their center Nick Mangold is back in the lineup too & the Jets always play better with him in there. Hopefully, our center Ryan Kelly is just as vital an asset to our squad too. 

If we get the ball to Doyle & Moncrief early generating say a 21 point lead by halftime, I'd breathe a lot easier man. We have to take shots early down the field just so NY pass rushers can't pin their ears back & eat Luck for breakfast, lunch, diner, & desert qtr by qtr. 

Throw first to set up the running game as the game progresses. Not vice versa Chuck. Pretty please. 

BTW, I love TY & I'm not saying we ignore him at all. Just use him as a decoy to make secondary coverage follow him in the first series at least. I want DBs to fear Jack & Donte as much as they do Hilton & Allen when healthy. 

7 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

It won't be no tie breaker if we beat houston....if colts beat the jets also they will be 8-6 and houston would be 6-8

The thing that concerns me is the weather. If it becomes necessary to run the ball, can the Colts do that and can they stop the run? Getting Geathers back is key as well as good o line play. Short passes to move the ball. After all that has happened this year, the Colts are still in the hunt.

8 hours ago, southwest1 said:

--If Ryan Fitzpatrick has a bad day at the office with turnovers, high passes, & several incompletions.

--If Brandon Marshal has migraines, butterfinger hands, or mistimes his leaps on touchdown bombs. 

--If RB Matt Forte doesn't suddenly catch fire on the ground converting 3rd downs...

--If Richardson & Williams don't sack Luck numerous times, there is a glimmer of hope for INDY...

I'm worried about this game especially with the hits Andrew has already sustained as well as his concussion. I am rooting for a victory sure, but gang green does have a much better D-line then we do. Knock on wood Colts. Knock on wood. 

I think their center Nick Mangold is back in the lineup too & the Jets always play better with him in there. Hopefully, our center Ryan Kelly is just as vital an asset to our squad too. 

I couldn't agree more.  I believe the Jets were something like 3-6 or 3-7 in 2012 when the Colts got destroyed and on their home field.  The game is winnable but the Colts have to show up and play good from start to finish.  Luck has to be ready to go and the D can't let Fitzpatrick look like Brady.  Fitzpatrick picked the Colts D apart last year, I was unfortunately at that nightmare. 

4 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

It won't be no tie breaker if we beat houston....if colts beat the jets also they will be 8-6 and houston would be 6-8

If the Colts beat the Jets then beat Houston they'd be 7-6.  If Houston loses to both Green Bay and Indy they'd be 6-7.  The Colts would still have 2 losses in the division and the Texans would only have 1.  The Colts have to play Jax at home and the Texans have to play Jax at home and @ Tenn.  Minnesota and Oakland aren't going to be easy games for the Colts either.  Honestly, if Tenn can beat Den at home, which I think they can, they have two good running backs and a QB that can run with a decent defense, then Tenn is more of a risk to the Colts than Houston.  The good thing is the Colts own the tie breaker with Tenn.

5 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

If the Colts beat the Jets then beat Houston they'd be 7-6.  If Houston loses to both Green Bay and Indy they'd be 6-7.  The Colts would still have 2 losses in the division and the Texans would only have 1.  The Colts have to play Jax at home and the Texans have to play Jax at home and @ Tenn.  Minnesota and Oakland aren't going to be easy games for the Colts either.  Honestly, if Tenn can beat Den at home, which I think they can, they have two good running backs and a QB that can run with a decent defense, then Tenn is more of a risk to the Colts than Houston.  The good thing is the Colts own the tie breaker with Tenn.

Tennessee won't beat the broncos their defense is still top notch and titans pass isn't all that we need houston to keep losing we have the tiebreaker against the titans

Just now, VaAllDay757 said:

Tennessee won't beat the broncos their defense is still top notch and titans pass isn't all that we need houston to keep losing we have the tiebreaker against the titans

I wouldn't be so sure.  Tenn is at home, Denver does not look like the team from a year ago and if you look at Denver's losses the perfect recipe to be successful against them is a decent running attack with 2 running backs and a QB that can hurt them running as well which Tenn has.  Tenn also has a a pretty decent pass rush.  There not going to be scared of Trevor Siemian or Paxton Lynch.  I hope your right though, I'd love to see the Titans lose to Denver and KC but at least beat Houston, that'd be best case scenario. 

We need to beat at least 2 more opponents than Houston does in our next 5 games and that must include both of our next division opponents, because that's what this will come down to the most.  I say we need to go 4-1 to even stand a chance.  We go 3-2 over the next 5 that would require HOU to lose 4 of the next 5 and I don't see that really happening.

3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I wouldn't be so sure.  Tenn is at home, Denver does not look like the team from a year ago and if you look at Denver's losses the perfect recipe to be successful against them is a decent running attack with 2 running backs and a QB that can hurt them running as well which Tenn has.  Tenn also has a a pretty decent pass rush.  There not going to be scared of Trevor Siemian or Paxton Lynch.  I hope your right though, I'd love to see the Titans lose to Denver and KC but at least beat Houston, that'd be best case scenario. 

That sounds good but remember who their coach is....I bet you he will try to air it out he will think denver will play the running game for the most part and titan defense is not all that their secondary is super trash

21 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

you misread that/./The Colts win all tie breakers with the Titans is what I meant

9 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Denver looks exactly like the team they had a year ago....backup QB

...struggling offense.....close games every week...

Titans are not good in the secondarty..they gave up 300 to Matt Barkley last week and the Bears WRs dropped 10 balls or it would have been 500

12 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

The Titans playoff scenario is to win 3 of the next 4 (splitting the Denver and KC game) and beating both JAX and Houston.  After that, we'd still need help (Indy and Houston dropping a key game or two).

1 minute ago, Sevenfeet said:

The Titans playoff scenario is to win 3 of the next 4 (splitting the Denver and KC game) and beating both JAX and Houston.  After that, we'd still need help (Indy and Houston dropping a key game or two).

If Colts go 4-1 I think that will do it. That would put them at 9-7 which is very possible. At Jets, Texans, Jags should be wins for the Colts. The Colts just have to find a way to win at Oakland or at Minnesota. Titans IMO will lose to either Denver or at KC. Texans will lose at GB, at Colts, and to you guys at Tennessee IMO. I see them at 8-8 and if the Titans and Colts end up 9-7, Colts get the tiebreaker.

4 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

It's a reach at 9-7.  Let's be realistic, 7-9 at best.  They'll lose 3 out of 5 games left.  To the Raiders, Vikings and Texans....

Texans lmao I guess if Tolzien plays that will happen. Texans got super lucky in Houston and pulled out a complete miracle otherwise the Division would be over pretty much. They aren't winning here.

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Denver looks exactly like the team they had a year ago....backup QB

...struggling offense.....close games every week...

Titans are not good in the secondarty..they gave up 300 to Matt Barkley last week and the Bears WRs dropped 10 balls or it would have been 500

If I remember correctly Denver finished 12-4 last year?  Aren't they 7-4 this year?  I don't think they are having as good of a year this year.  I think there defense struggles at times.  Last week prime example.  Gave up a TD and 2 pt conversion in less than 2 minutes.  I am rooting for Denver but I think Tenn can beat them.  I guess we'll see in a few weeks. 

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:10 AM, BullsColtsFan1 said:

If I remember correctly Denver finished 12-4 last year?  Aren't they 7-4 this year?  I don't think they are having as good of a year this year.  I think there defense struggles at times.  Last week prime example.  Gave up a TD and 2 pt conversion in less than 2 minutes.  I am rooting for Denver but I think Tenn can beat them.  I guess we'll see in a few weeks. 

I think they're almost exactly the same team BCF...they had some ugly losses last year to KC and SD

..That Denver 'D'; is prime time and they are getting little help from the 'O' most days.

Don't bet on Tennessee beating them next Sunday

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

we have received the help we need..

Titans (6-6), Houston (6-6) and we are 5-6 and playing Monday

Yeah, this game is honestly the most important of the season at this point in time. Course, I think we have to win out to even sniff the playoffs. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think we have to win out, I think 9-7 will do it. We have tiebreaker over Tennessee and they aren't winning out. We may have to go 4-1.

9-7 might do it, maybe. Depends on if the Texans collapse in the next 5 weeks.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah, this game is honestly the most important of the season at this point in time. Course, I think we have to win out to even sniff the playoffs. 

....Maybe.....but if we win 4 and one of them is Houston, we're in if Tennessee loses one more.

More likely...we get to 8-8 beating Houston Jax and the Jets....Houston (6-6) loses to Tennessee and us

Tennessee (6-6) loses to Denver (8-4) and KC (9-3)

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

....Maybe.....but if we win 4 and one of them is Houston, we're in if Tennessee loses one more.

More likely...we get to 8-8 beating Houston Jax and the Jets....Houston (6-6) loses to Tennessee and us

Tennessee (6-6) loses to Denver (8-4) and KC (9-3)

possibly but its sure gonna take a lot of things going right