Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Remember my much maligned Colts Mock Draft pick?

JPFolks

I was watching the game tonight and admiring just how good rookie Safety Keanu Neal is for Atlanta who I picked in Round 1 of our message board Mock Draft. I also remember the outrage and abuse I got over how terrible the pick was, with Superman saying "indefensible." Comparing him to our Safety pick, it's not really close.  The Colt's couldn't have drafted him, as he was gone one pick before us in the real world, but seeing the dumb plays and poor coverage by Green really drives home just how great that pick could have been.  Sure, we needed Kelly too (and I said when I made the pick I was between those two guys, but thought I could get a solid Center, or even trade up to get Kelly, but I ended up in the hospital when pick 2 came up so I couldn't do anything). Keanu Neal has been balling for Atlanta, the Thursday night announcers compared him favorably to Earl Thomas. Imagine what that would have done for our Defense!  Let's hope the Colts start making picks that good going forward.  

7 hours ago, JPFolks said:

I was watching the game tonight and admiring just how good rookie Safety Keanu Neal is for Atlanta who I picked in Round 1 of our message board Mock Draft. I also remember the outrage and abuse I got over how terrible the pick was, with Superman saying "indefensible." Comparing him to our Safety pick, it's not really close.  The Colt's couldn't have drafted him, as he was gone one pick before us in the real world, but seeing the dumb plays and poor coverage by Green really drives home just how great that pick could have been.  Sure, we needed Kelly too (and I said when I made the pick I was between those two guys, but thought I could get a solid Center, or even trade up to get Kelly, but I ended up in the hospital when pick 2 came up so I couldn't do anything). Keanu Neal has been balling for Atlanta, the Thursday night announcers compared him favorably to Earl Thomas. Imagine what that would have done for our Defense!  Let's hope the Colts start making picks that good going forward.  

I think Kelly was a very good pick. What's the point in going back and using hindsight to start a thread?

9 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Abuse. lmao

10 hours ago, JPFolks said:

I thought of you yesterday as I was watching the game. One of the announcers called Keanu Neal "the Kam Chancellor" of the Falcons. (I don't recall them saying Earl Thomas but I could be wrong.) I thought to myself,  "JPFolks must be smiling".

You were right all along with the pick. No one expected Neal to be selected that high. That is why the other Colts Forum Mock Draft participants questioned the pick. Several Colts fans here did give you props when Neal was drafted in the first round.

And it is true. You did write that the two guys you were considering were Neal and Kelly. Bravo. :applause:  You know your stuff.

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think Kelly was a very good pick. What's the point in going back and using hindsight to start a thread?

Wrong.. it was the OPPOSITE of hindsight.  I said BEFORE the draft in the most public possible way that Keanu Neal would be our best choice.  I said Kelly would be second.   I was attacked by people who clearly think they are smarter than everyone else saying it was "indefensible" (among many other nasty comments) to think he was worthy of that pick.  There's ZERO hindsight involved.  ZERO!  That is the entire point.  I had it right.  Those attacking me (and some did admit it afterwards) were wrong for their personal attacks on me.  Neal is a stud, just as I predicted with foresight, not hindsight.  

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I thought of you yesterday as I was watching the game. One of the announcers called Keanu Neal "the Kam Chancellor" of the Falcons. (I don't recall them saying Earl Thomas but I could be wrong.) I thought to myself,  "JPFolks must be smiling".

You were right all along with the pick. No one expected Neal to be selected that high. That is why the other Colts Forum Mock Draft participants questioned the pick. Several Colts fans here did give you props when Neal was drafted in the first round.

And it is true. You did write that the two guys you were considering were Neal and Kelly. Bravo. :applause:  You know your stuff.

Thank you.  But I would expect you to have class and honesty.  Some people (including myself) will acknowledge that they had it wrong (for example, I used the wrong name they compared him to, Kam Chancellor is correct, thank you for pointing that out).  Let's see if the trolls who were against me keep on trolling....

8 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i  would still rather have kelly

isnt safety is one of the easiest positions to fill in the nfl

Fair enough.  Kelly is a great player.  Run of the mill safeties are easy to find, but for some reason, we haven't really done it well.  The jury is out on both our young safeties including the second rounder.  I would much rather have spent a first rounder to get a perennial "closer" in the back end of our defense, much like we once had Bob Sanders elevate our entire team to a Super Bowl run.  

8 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Abuse. lmao

Pointing out the hypocrisy of the bullies on this site who made nasty personal attacks is identifying and calling out abuse, that is true.  Funny to see the bullies and trolls out in force trying to save face.  

Dude, this is an internet forum. I bet you don't know most of these people outside of here, so why let it get to you? Seriously, it sounds like you take this waaaaay to personal. 

You made a pick that people didn't like (in a meaningless mock draft) and you got the last laugh when he actually got drafted close to where you predicted he would go when everyone else said you reached. If your waiting for everyone who said you was wrong to come apologize, your going to be waiting for a while. 

1 hour ago, JPFolks said:

Wrong.. it was the OPPOSITE of hindsight.  I said BEFORE the draft in the most public possible way that Keanu Neal would be our best choice.  I said Kelly would be second.   I was attacked by people who clearly think they are smarter than everyone else saying it was "indefensible" (among many other nasty comments) to think he was worthy of that pick.  There's ZERO hindsight involved.  ZERO!  That is the entire point.  I had it right.  Those attacking me (and some did admit it afterwards) were wrong for their personal attacks on me.  Neal is a stud, just as I predicted with foresight, not hindsight.  

Don't take things so personal my friend. Some people laughed at me when I was hoping we would take Leonard Floyd before the Draft and Floyd has been Good with the Bears. It happens. Kelly was a Great pick IMO, Andrew needed a Center badly and he has been more Good than Bad so far.

1 hour ago, JPFolks said:

He has played less than a half of season of football.     Even if he becomes a hall of famer,   Who cares what people on a fan site have to say?  -

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't take things so personal my friend. Some people laughed at me when I was hoping we would take Leonard Floyd before the Draft and Floyd has been Good with the Bears. It happens. Kelly was a Great pick IMO, Andrew needed a Center badly and he has been more Good than Bad so far.

I love this ^^^. We need more people like you here. 

3 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

It's ok to take things personal sometimes and I say that because SOME people make it personal.

anyway everyone be happy mmmkay?

If you are an adult,  it's never ok to take something personal on an internet message board.

OP post is a joke, I still can't tell if it's intentional trolling or if he's serious. Of all the team needs (OL, Pass Rusher), Safety is the least of our worries.

Given the nature of the instability of the Center positions the past few years (Satele, McGlynn, Holmes, Harrison), the team needed a center 100%.

9 hours ago, Superman said:

LOL

1) How petty and over dramatic.

2) It was a dumb pick then, and it's a slightly less dumb pick now. Still on the board were better players like Kelly (who the Colts took), Karl Joseph (probably the best safety from last year's draft), Spence, Rankins, Nkemdiche, Smith, etc. Just because Neal had a couple good plays last night doesn't justify overdrafting him.

3) You also made a spectacle of the pick for your own personal gratification, borderline trolling.

Agreed 100%.

Most folks on any internet forum will not be able to remember what they posted 2 weeks ago, much less dredge up talk about the past draft.

10 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Agreed 100%.

Most folks on any internet forum will not be able to remember what they posted 2 weeks ago, much less dredge up talk about the past draft.

That is funny. I can remember a ton of things that has happened in sports going back to the 70's regarding what teams won, where players played, etc.. Then sometimes I cant remember what I typed in here from 2 weeks ago regarding a prediction. Crazy!

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks but I do let things rile me up too at times when I have to defend Andrew or Andrew's contract or defend the team in general but that is different I guess haha. I guess this Draft thing hit a sore spot with JP?

I have never read a post written by you where you take personal shots at others. Even when you exchanged posts with the infamous Pats fans, you kept it civil. You defend your players, as you should, but you are always respectful. Some of the comments being posted on this thread are disgusting.