Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Move/Practice Updates (Later On Today)

TKnight24

1 hour ago, UKColt13 said:

Nice move. I'm surprised Quarles hasn't at least found a depth roster spot somewhere actually. Always though he did well when given the chance.

He never does.  He just floats around out there and we always end up bringing him back.

9 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Dorsett will more than likely play Sunday, he's day to day.  Colts have 3 tight ends(Swoope, Doyle and Chase Coffman).  I am hoping Swoope gets a lot of reps. 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We re-signed TE Chase Coffman, who we had on the roster during pre-season.

So, we're back to having three TE's.

Well, Dorsett is about as sturdy as Allen.  So I won't hold my breath for him to last the game. :)

I missed the Coffman signing.  Glad to have the Fleener look-alike back on the roster. ;)

31 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

So, two healthy wide receivers and two healthy tight ends? 

No, 4 healthy wr's and 3 healthy te's. WR- Hilton, Rogers, Smith & Street. TE's- Doyle, Swoopes & Coffman. Not saying were In good shape because were not but we do have plenty bodies.

49 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Well, Dorsett is about as sturdy as Allen.  So I won't hold my breath for him to last the game. :)

I missed the Coffman signing.  Glad to have the Fleener look-alike back on the roster. ;)

Dorsett's biggest injury is when he was tackled awkwardly and the defender came down on top of him and he fractured his ankle.

I don't think sturdy had anything to do with that.      If you saw the play,  that ankle was breaking no matter who the leg belonged to.       If it had been Frank Gore,  that ankle was breaking.      Reggie Wayne,  that ankle was breaking.     Donte Moncreif,  same.

It was just one of those unfortunate things.  

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Dorsett's biggest injury is when he was tackled awkwardly and the defender came down on top of him and he fractured his ankle.

I don't think sturdy had anything to do with that.      If you saw the play,  that ankle was breaking no matter who the leg belonged to.       If it had been Frank Gore,  that ankle was breaking.      Reggie Wayne,  that ankle was breaking.     Donte Moncreif,  same.

It was just one of those unfortunate things.  

Dorsett didn't break his ankle.

19 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

CHUCK IF YOU'RE READING THIS CHECK IT OUT.....IF YOU'RE WANT TO SLOW DOWN OR STOP MARIOTA JUST KEEP A QB SPY ON HIM AT TIMES SO ALL THE PLAYERS WON'T OVER PURSUE HIM ON READ OPTION

He's not reading this forum. haha 

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Did he break something?

Was the something in his lower leg?

The point is the injury doesn't demonstrate that he's injury-prone.    It was an injury that could happen to anyone who plays football.

Can we move on please?

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Did he break something?

The point is the injury doesn't demonstrate that he's injury-prone.    It was an injury that could happen to anyone who plays football.

Can we move on please?

Yeah he fractured his ankle. Agree that he's not injury prone though.

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Did he break something?

Can we move on please?

I broke my ankle a month and half ago the same way Dorsett did last year. Mine wasn't a contact injury though. I stepped in a hole as I was stepping forward with my lead foot to throw a football. Lol. The torque on my knee was the scariest. I was lucky and glad I didn't blow out my knee as well. One of em had to give and I was thankful it was the ankle and not the knee ligaments.  Really just a freak injury. I wonder if Bray suffered the same injury with his fractured ankle?

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Just for giggles, I tried to look up Dorsett's injury on the website.

I trust your memory on this more than mine!

And all his bio says is that he was inactive for 5 weeks due to an injury.      No specific reference to what the injury was.     They don't even say leg injury!?!

Sometimes the people who make these decisions just over-think this way, way too much.......

(Sigh.....)

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And all his bio says is that he was inactive for 5 weeks due to an injury.      No specific reference to what the injury was.     They don't even say leg injury!?!

Sometimes the people who make these decisions just over-think this way, way too much.......

(Sigh.....)

Yeah, I had to search on google and found this.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13971725/phillip-dorsett-indianapolis-colts-fractures-ankle-loss-new-orleans-saints

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Fractured his left ankle....        Hmmmm?!?

I know a poster who thought that.....       Oh,  wait!      That poster was me!

On 10/19/2016 at 4:27 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Did he break something?

Can we move on please?

Bray broke his leg or ankle, Dorsett is day to day.  I don't think he'd be day to day with a broken bone.

I don't think Dorsett is necessarily injury prone either.  But he is trending in that direction.

On 10/19/2016 at 5:03 PM, NewColtsFan said:

(Sigh.....)

Wait a minute, you were talking about an injury last year?  I thought you were talking about his injury last weekend.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Bray broke his leg or ankle, Dorsett is day to day.  I don't think he'd be day to day with a broken bone.

I don't think Dorsett is necessarily injury prone either.  But he is trending in that direction.

My Dorsett comment (about the broken leg) was about last year's injury....    not this year.

Sorry for not being more clear.       My bad.         :peek: