Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should we give Bjeorn Werner Another Shot?

BobbyMorris94

His last time he started here was in his second year in a new defense and he got 4.5 sacks. His next year he lost his role and whatever promise he showed. I am not sure any of our guys will get more than 5 or 6 sacks, and I feel if he can stay healthy and really try hard off the field, that he could be a 6-8 sack guy just from what he showed in his second year. Now that isn't all world, but is what we have now better with Mathis 0/4? 

I know he's a controversial subject around here but I was really disappointing that he did not even live up to being a solid role player/ back up guy and as a first round pick that haunts us to this day. Then I just read that he greeted us on our way home with a smiling face working for a German television station, and thought maybe that's a sign we should just give the guy one more shot as his old job and see if he can get a few sacks. Just let him rush the passer and not play all the dumb coverage they had him out of place doing. Maybe our coaching staff is so bad they are ruining guys careers, because what is happening with all of our players is a joke.

No way Grigson can be wrong that many times. The draft is more like buying a lottery ticket. Every guy we've drafted almost was drafted close to where he was projected. There have been a few reaches, but many misses on guys that were slated around where we picked. We have got to utilize our talent better, and for some reason I am so desperate I want Werner back because he at least showed some glimpses of promise until he was benched last year. The guys we have now, no promise at all so far, so could he really be worse? 

Please no not another player Grigson drafted.  I hate the patriots but man that GM/coach knows exactly what they're doing.  How do you win 3 game straight with a backup and a third stringer QB?  Look at Minnesota last night on MNF how do you go undefeated with a QB that you signed two weeks ago?  We had our chances at I think don't fact check me on this but we had a great chance at getting Xavier Rhodes. 

7 hours ago, BobbyMorris94 said:

His last time he started here was in his second year in a new defense and he got 4.5 sacks. His next year he lost his role and whatever promise he showed. I am not sure any of our guys will get more than 5 or 6 sacks, and I feel if he can stay healthy and really try hard off the field, that he could be a 6-8 sack guy just from what he showed in his second year. Now that isn't all world, but is what we have now better with Mathis 0/4? 

I know he's a controversial subject around here but I was really disappointing that he did not even live up to being a solid role player/ back up guy and as a first round pick that haunts us to this day. Then I just read that he greeted us on our way home with a smiling face working for a German television station, and thought maybe that's a sign we should just give the guy one more shot as his old job and see if he can get a few sacks. Just let him rush the passer and not play all the dumb coverage they had him out of place doing. Maybe our coaching staff is so bad they are ruining guys careers, because what is happening with all of our players is a joke.

No way Grigson can be wrong that many times. The draft is more like buying a lottery ticket. Every guy we've drafted almost was drafted close to where he was projected. There have been a few reaches, but many misses on guys that were slated around where we picked. We have got to utilize our talent better, and for some reason I am so desperate I want Werner back because he at least showed some glimpses of promise until he was benched last year. The guys we have now, no promise at all so far, so could he really be worse? 

And you are related how!  nyet!  

1 hour ago, Iancolts said:

Please no not another player Grigson drafted.  I hate the patriots but man that GM/coach knows exactly what they're doing.  How do you win 3 game straight with a backup and a third stringer QB?  Look at Minnesota last night on MNF how do you go undefeated with a QB that you signed two weeks ago?  We had our chances at I think don't fact check me on this but we had a great chance at getting Xavier Rhodes. 

We won 3 straight game and 6 total with backups last year so its not like it doesn't happen. 

7 hours ago, Iancolts said:

Rhodes went 1 Pick after Werner to the Vikings. I had Rhodes as my 1st Rd pick in all of my mock drafts. Was available...didn't draft him.....turns out to be a very good CB.