Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts in 1st place in 2 weeks

coltsorioles

At this point I don't know if I want us to win the division at 8-8.  It's very unlikely we make a superbowl run past the *s, broncos, or especially steelers with this team... and all it will do is drop us further down the draft pick totem.

If we are going to do bad, we might as well miss the playoffs and get some defensive difference makers.  The offense is okay and can survive how it is (it should really be better given the receivers and QB play, and I feel the O-line will eventually get healthy and gel to be at least average), but the defense is laughable.  Get some key defensive players (pass rush, LBs, another solid CB) and next year we have a good opportunity to make it.

Oh, and we should probably get coached better too.............

Right now we aren't very good but either is anyone in our Division. I know the Texans are 3-1 but now their schedule gets tough. They play at Vikings, us, and at Denver. We play the Bears, them, and at Titans. That is what the schedule is through October so the season isn't over. Yesterday sucked but we still play the Jags here in Indy so we will see from here on out??

33 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Colts win the division at 10-6 with wins over the Vikings twice. Yes, twice. Regular season without AP, 2nd time in SB51 with AP

Loving the optimism you've came back with, I hope people can start getting some back too

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You never know, I had the Jags game penciled in as a win. I didn't think beating the Jags would be easy but in no way did I think we would actually lose and we did.

True. I assumed we would win that game as well. At least this one is at home. :)

do you mean 1st pick in the draft next year right? Because if you think that this team is going to be in 1st place in the division in two weeks you see something that I don't. We don't have a pass rush corners that can't cover that is not named Davis. receivers and t.e.s that can't catch the ball, or they start out so slow that by the time that they do get going the game is almost over with anyway .Irsay better look real close in the mirror to see who is to blame for this mess. Because if he wants championships like the rest of us then he needs to do something soon before he starts losing the fan base. 

I wouldn't underestimate the Bears, even though they aren't good Jordan Howard could give the Colts defense fits.  He's going to be a good runningback in this league.  They should win yes but if they don't manage to prepare against the Bears it could be another L.  If they come out and look like they have the last 20+ games it may not be pretty.  I'm still going to give them the slight nod on this one but it may bl it be as easy as many think.

18 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Colts win the division at 10-6 with wins over the Vikings twice. Yes, twice. Regular season without AP, 2nd time in SB51 with AP

It is the NFL, and stranger things have happened before.But if you can't sack/pressure Brdford, he is near elite level.  And the Viking D certainly is as well.  But it would be so like us  (recently) to lose to many teams we should not have, and upset a tier 1 team right after.  {Sigh}

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

It is the NFL, and stranger things have happened before.But if you can't sack/pressure Brdford, he is near elite level.  And the Viking D certainly is as well.  But it would be so like us  (recently) to lose to many teams we should not have, and upset a tier 1 team right after.  {Sigh}

And that's why I'm saying 10-6

Look at the back end of the schedule..... lot of top tier teams on that lineup. Gonna be a good ride, just hang in there folks. 12 games left, that's a lot of football 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had 10-6 too but I am sweating right now.

Well find a towel cause a 3 game streak is starting Sunday 

Seen Andrew Luck finally voice his anger in a press conference, things are about to get real in Indianapolis 

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Glad you are back, finally some positive thinking around here.

I've just never seen Andrew that angry before. I feel there's gonna be a players meeting this week. The coaching meeting already happened with the discussion of the tempo. 

But that's just the coaches, they're not playing. The players need to come together. Cromartie, Mathis, and a few other underachieving players need to take some responsibility. It's time for accountability in this organization 

No more buddy buddy system, it's do your job now 

20 hours ago, Catloaf said:

At this point I don't know if I want us to win the division at 8-8.  It's very unlikely we make a superbowl run past the *s, broncos, or especially steelers with this team... and all it will do is drop us further down the draft pick totem.

If we are going to do bad, we might as well miss the playoffs and get some defensive difference makers.  The offense is okay and can survive how it is (it should really be better given the receivers and QB play, and I feel the O-line will eventually get healthy and gel to be at least average), but the defense is laughable.  Get some key defensive players (pass rush, LBs, another solid CB) and next year we have a good opportunity to make it.

Oh, and we should probably get coached better too.............

If you can get into the playoffs, you certainly get into the playoffs. Whether that is at 16-0 or 8-8 out of a weak division. You never know what can happen. Other teams have won Super Bowls with less talented coaching than the Colts. I do agree I think it would be a longshot with the roster that is in place, but a lot of our guys are either banged up or going through rough stretches but have played better in the past. Only major concern is the LB core moving forward if everyone is healthy.

Draft position is severely overrated anyway unless you are picking in the top 3-4. And I doubt the Colts are THAT bad contrary to a lot of people's attitudes around here.

50 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I've just never seen Andrew that angry before. I feel there's gonna be a players meeting this week. The coaching meeting already happened with the discussion of the tempo. 

But that's just the coaches, they're not playing. The players need to come together. Cromartie, Mathis, and a few other underachieving players need to take some responsibility. It's time for accountability in this organization 

No more buddy buddy system, it's do your job now 

I was thinking its like Mathis is in witness protection .