Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When will the Colts win their first game this season?

James

2 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Regardless if this Colts team is 0-4, 1-3, or 2-2, what leads one to believe Irsay would fire Pagano 1/4 of the way into the season, or during the course of the season at all???

I'm not a huge Pagano fan, but what does firing a guy mid-season accomplish, unless you truly believe your next HC is already on staff. Is Chud really the guy??? What genius HC would be available that would be a significant upgrade to Pagano that won't already be employed in the NFL or by a major University program, in October during football season???

Without truly knowing where Irsay stands in regards to the coaching staff, I would say Irsay's actions of more recent years, has shown that he errs on the side of caution and proceeds with a certain level of prudence when making significant football decisions for the Colts...

If this team misses the playoffs for a second season in a row I can imagine some changes will take place, but I highly doubt Irsay would do anything before the team is mathematically eliminated from a playoff berth.If a coaching change happens it would be highly surprising if it were anytime prior to Black Monday. Last years firing of Pep was a different scenario because Chud was already on staff...  

Anything can happen we are the colts

6 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Regardless if this Colts team is 0-4, 1-3, or 2-2, what leads one to believe Irsay would fire Pagano 1/4 of the way into the season, or during the course of the season at all???

I'm not a huge Pagano fan, but what does firing a guy mid-season accomplish, unless you truly believe your next HC is already on staff. Is Chud really the guy??? What genius HC would be available that would be a significant upgrade to Pagano that won't already be employed in the NFL or by a major University program, in October during football season???

Without truly knowing where Irsay stands in regards to the coaching staff, I would say Irsay's actions of more recent years, has shown that he errs on the side of caution and proceeds with a certain level of prudence when making significant football decisions for the Colts...

If this team misses the playoffs for a second season in a row I can imagine some changes will take place, but I highly doubt Irsay would do anything before the team is mathematically eliminated from a playoff berth.If a coaching change happens it would be highly surprising if it were anytime prior to Black Monday. Last years firing of Pep was a different scenario because Chud was already on staff...  

Why do you do it if you are Irsay?  Because you have this chicken or the egg type debate going on here - is it Grigson and a lack of talent, or is it Chuck and poor coaching, leading to an undisciplined team and unprepared team?  You can make a strong argument for either, and you have two other head coaches on staff in Chud and Philbin, so you give another HC 12 games to see what they can do with Grigson's players.  Prior to the Colts winning their final two in 2015 and finishing 8-8, it seems clear this was the direction Irsay was leaning, and I'm certain Grigson wanted Chuck out, so, if you've made up your mind that Chuck is out at the end of 2016, you might as well see what Chud or Philbin can do with Grigson's players before you completely clean house.

11 hours ago, #12. said:

Within about a 10-12 month period, this fan base has gone from pointing toward a Super Bowl to simply accepting the fact this team might go 0-4, 0-5, 0-6.  Everyone seems to be accepting it.  I find myself accepting it. 

That's a clear sign this franchise is not headed in the right direction. 

Image result for bingo gif tumblr

3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

That doesn't matter at all when the Colts are pulling corners from the streets!  I'd say the Chargers still have the advantage

Yeah the rate that your DBs are getting hurt is almost comically bad. Idk what is going on but they're gonna have to start trotting coaches out there to play defense lol.

No idea at this point but I am actually glad to see some of our young players get some meaningful regular season snaps as tough as it is to watch. Clearly they are not ready right now but for some that's because their head is spinning with all they are learning on the fly now not because of lack of talent. I'm hoping for a couple it will mean that something will come of it in the future. Right now however they are young and will struggle to adjust, Particularly against savvy vets.

What I am not seeing is plays being made to counter those struggles they will naturally go through. Coaching staff has to find a way to get them to play a little more loose and turn them loose. Playing more Zone is a step in the right direction but coaches have to continue to adjust there schemes and game plans to more of what these guys do best and go from there.

Again fans expecting these guys to come in and be very good right away is and was always being unrealistic

2 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Yeah the rate that your DBs are getting hurt is almost comically bad. Idk what is going on but they're gonna have to start trotting coaches out there to play defense lol.

You know it's bad when your two starters are out then your two best on the field get hurt plus another one!  How unlucky could Butler be though? Pick off the QB and have no one in front of him for an easy pick 6 then his hamstring just gives out on him at the 45.  Horrible.  Mevlin Gordon and Travis Benjamin both scare me.  I am not sure who the Chargers other receivers are but I don't think it's going to matter unless two of the 4 can play this week and stay on the field(Robinson, Davis, Cromartie or Butler). 

On 19. september 2016 at 3:25 AM, Stephen said:

Actually the texans win versus pats due to a rookie starting for the pats at qb

That's unbearably naive.

It's the Patriots. At Foxboro. It doesn't matter who they have at QB. 

Belichick is is the greatest coach ever. They could sign a guy from the street and they'd still find a way to win.

The Patriots are always up there because they know how to develop players.   Then, strategize in the draft to bring in quality players and mold them into greatness.  They'll trade one of their QBs for a draft pick, since Brady has a few more years.  In the meantime they're constantly developing no name players to be great.  This is a great plan the organization has in place for their team....This is attributed to their owner on down . Can't say much for our team.

38 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

The Patriots are always up there because they know how to develop players.   Then, strategize in the draft to bring in quality players and mold them into greatness.  They'll trade one of their QBs for a draft pick, since Brady has a few more years.  In the meantime they're constantly developing no name players to be great.  This is a great plan the organization has in place for their team....This is attributed to their owner on down . Can't say much for our team.

So the Patriots are the most fined and suspended team in the NFL for what reason?

When you have no regard for rules and have a history of either breaking or stretching rules it's OK to you as long as they win?

Do you know the meaning of integrity?

With the way you hate on the Colts and stroke the Patriots it seems you are more a Patriots fan than a Colt fan.

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So the Patriots are the most fined and suspended team in the NFL for what reason?

When you have no regard for rules and have a history of either breaking or stretching rules it's OK to you as long as they win?

Do you know the meaning of integrity?

With the way you hate on the Colts and stroke the Patriots it seems you are more a Patriots fan than a Colt fan.

So you can't admire the way the Pats operate while still being af fan of the Colts? Bollox. Maybe according to you. But for me (and probably other Colt fans), I admire how the Pats go about the business. Not only are they frequently the best team, but they have that "us against the world"-attitude that really benefits them when it gets rough and the experience adversity. Yes, the adversity if often caused by themselves, but they don't care. And neither should they. They just play and win. I wish the Colts had their cynicism and resolve.

2 hours ago, James said:

So you can't admire the way the Pats operate while still being af fan of the Colts? Bollox. Maybe according to you. But for me (and probably other Colt fans), I admire how the Pats go about the business. Not only are they frequently the best team, but they have that "us against the world"-attitude that really benefits them when it gets rough and the experience adversity. Yes, the adversity if often caused by themselves, but they don't care. And neither should they. They just play and win. I wish the Colts had their cynicism and resolve.

No I do not admire any team that don't know what integrity means. Not when pretty much the whole sports media can just overlook the arrogance of the Patriots and show them the bias as they do.

On 9/18/2016 at 8:11 PM, James said:

We have lost against the Lions and the Broncos. We've started 0-2 before and come back to make the playoffs. But back then we didn't have this absurd amount of injuries. The defense is decimated, and I assume it will stay decimated for some time, because A) we will not get all our injured guys back next week and B) based on recent history chances are more players will get injured. So the premise for your prediction will be that we'll continue to not have our best defense out there for some time. Don't know about Moncrief yet, but him missing time could have an impact on offense too. This should also be considered.

Week 3: The San Diego Chargers are 1-1 now. They put up 38 points on the Jacksonville Jaguars who have a better defense, including a better secondary and pass rush, compared to our defense. They put up those points without their best receiver Keenan Allen who is out for the season. Can we stop Rivers, Gates, Benjamin, Gordon etc? Their defense did a good job of limiting Bortles and those talented receivers. Can our offense finally start fast and put some points up in the 1st and 2nd quarter? We as fans have been hoping for that to happen for years now, but it'll probably be more of the same putrid 1st and 2nd quarter offense with a couple field goals, maybe a single TD. Certainly hope to be surprised in that regard. 0-3.

Week 4: the Jacksonville Jaguars are 0-2 like us. Tied for last place in the division. The loser goes to 0-3 and last place. Their offense can put up points - especially on our decimated defense. In fact, Bortles + Hurns + Robinson + J. Thomas I like more than Denver's QB and receivers. So again, the offense will have to keep up with them in order for us to have a chance in this game. IMO, it'll be another loss again because of our injured and thus putrid defense. 0-4. Fortunately for us, the Texans likely lose to the Patriots at Foxboro, which means they'll be 2-1. That's still within reach for us, provided we actually start winning some games.

Week 5: the Chicago Bears at home. If we can't beat this team at LOS, then we are not going anywhere this season. I think we finally get a win, but even so we are 1-4. 

Week 6: the Houston Texans. This is the one. If we win, we gain momentum, and we still have a chance to win the division. Hopefully at this point Anderson, Davis etc. are all back and ready to go. Let's hope it's not too late, i.e. being 0-5.

So when do you think we'll get our first win?

Maybe the Bears