Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Broncos prediction thread

RockThatBlue

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You're a good poster, but it's very hard to take you seriously when you refuse to not be positive about everything. Carolina is a respectable team on defense, we are not. Carolina wasn't injured on defense and completely depleted of half the players, we are. Vontae was the reason Thomas was shut down every game, none of our CBs have the ability to do that. Cromartie couldn't guard me, and I would wager money on that. Robinson may not play, and Butler couldn't guard the broad side of a barn. CJ Anderson has completely improved and past history means nothing when he's improved tenfold and the current D-Line is rotten. Anderson is a gasher, and he'll be getting 8-10 yard gains all day just like he did against Carolina. I watch Denver, I'm sorry to say I have more experience on this subject then you Krunk. 

LOL.   What reason on this earth do you have to give Simien 42 points?  That's laughable.  And you're saying this living in Colorado.  You know in your own heart that ain't happening.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You're a good poster, but it's very hard to take you seriously when you refuse to not be positive about everything. Carolina is a respectable team on defense, we are not. Carolina wasn't injured on defense and completely depleted of half the players, we are. Vontae was the reason Thomas was shut down every game, none of our CBs have the ability to do that. Cromartie couldn't guard me, and I would wager money on that. Robinson may not play, and Butler couldn't guard the broad side of a barn. CJ Anderson has completely improved and past history means nothing when he's improved tenfold and the current D-Line is rotten. Anderson is a gasher, and he'll be getting 8-10 yard gains all day just like he did against Carolina. I watch Denver, I'm sorry to say I have more experience on this subject then you Krunk. 

Oh I think Cromartie has done a good job of guarding people for most of his Career. Now he can't guard a hurt Demariyous Thomas who can't barely even practice, and playing with a back up quarterback?

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Hmmmm.  I live in Texas, but I seem to know more about the Colts than many people who live in Indianapolis.   What point are you making?

Just now, krunk said:

LOL.   What reason on this earth do you have to give Simien 42 points?  That's laughable.

One, our depleted secondary. Even a rookie QB can pass it all over us when we have backups and guys from the streets on the team. Two, their defense will do a much better job of keeping Luck and the offense off the field. Luck is going to have a lot of 3 and outs. He's going to get sacked a lot. We won't go down and score just like that. This is the best defense in the NFL. Three.) CJ Anderson will gash us for a lot of 1st downs. He took apart the Panthers in both the running and receiving game last week. If he can do it to the Panthers, he'll easily do it to us. This will also set up the pass for Semien. 

I didn't say Semien will score 42, I said it'd be 3 passing tds and 3 rushing tds. I believe that 100% as we start slow anyway and even if we build up steam, this is a real defense. We are going to have trouble scoring. Try a slow start like last week, and we'll suffer for it. Except this time, unlike Detroit, they won't hand us the points back.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

One, our depleted secondary. Even a rookie QB can pass it all over us when we have backups and guys from the streets on the team. Two, their defense will do a much better job of keeping Luck and the offense off the field. Luck is going to have a lot of 3 and outs. He's going to get sacked a lot. We won't go down and score just like that. This is the best defense in the NFL. Three.) CJ Anderson will gash us for a lot of 1st downs. He took apart the Panthers in both the running and receiving game last week. If he can do it to the Panthers, he'll easily do it to us. This will also set up the pass for Semien. 

I didn't say Semien will score 42, I said it'd be 3 passing tds and 3 rushing tds. I believe that 100% as we start slow anyway and even if we build up steam, this is a real defense. We are going to have trouble scoring. Try a slow start like last week, and we'll suffer for it. Except this time, unlike Detroit, they won't hand us the points back.

It's not about me being positive about everything.  I'm positive about things that can be fixed like Tackling and people doing their assignments.  That's not hard to fix.  If we can do a decent job against that run game I think we've got a good shot.  I don't expect Simien to be the bigger factor. I don't believe the secondary has to be all that great to deal with Simiean. In fact they weren't even the problem last week. Stafford threw 20 something passes of 6 yards or less and the backers blew the tackles.  That's correctable.    The Run Game is the bigger factor.  It's what makes that offense tick.

Why do you say Luck will get sacked a lot?  We had a worse line last year and I think he was sacked maybe once and it wasn't by Von Miller.   

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Hmmmm.  I live in Texas, but I seem to know more about the Colts than many people who live in Indianapolis.   What point are you making?

My point is you are treating the Broncos like they don't have the no1 defense. You are acting like the Colts are healthy. This whole argument of Semien being a rookie is meaningless, when the defense we have is composed of worse players than him. You need to think about things. We only had the advantage when Vontae was a shut down corner. That advantage is gone. You are crazy that cromartie can shut down an elite receiver like Demaryius Thomas. Maybe Robinson can, but not Cromartie. You have a nice disposition that makes you positive, but it makes it really hard to take you seriously 100%, lol.

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My point is you are treating the Broncos like they don't have the no1 defense. You are acting like the Colts are healthy. This whole argument of Semien being a rookie is meaningless, when the defense we have is composed of worse players than him. You need to think about things. We only had the advantage when Vontae was a shut down corner. That advantage is gone. You are crazy that cromartie can shut down an elite receiver like Demaryius Thomas. Maybe Robinson can, but not Cromartie. You have a nice disposition that makes you positive, but it makes it really hard to take you seriously 100%, lol.

No I'm not.  What I'm treating this like is we have a very good offense and if we can control that run game of theirs we have a shot.  It's very simple.  I don't think Simien is going to be the one to beat us.   I think Fundamental tackling is something that can be fixed.  Guys being in the right gap is something that can be fixed week to week.  Especially against an offense that we have played a billion times and we know the run fits.  I try to point out stuff about a team that nobody has considered because they are too busy whining about the bad points.  I say look at the bad and determine how fixable it is.   The stuff I'm talking about is fixable.   I think you make some good points about our secondary and there is every reason to doubt, but really this all revolves around stopping Denvers running game.

The Broncos have many issues, Semien is there QB, really a 3rd. stringer now a starter.  Our OL is better, we get a few more defensive starters back.  On offense the colts are stronger than last years team that were SB favorites.  Sure we're banged up a little on defense but Semien?  They have some video on him now.  I expect him to turn the ball over this week.   No way the defense turns in a performance like last week.  Colts 27-17 

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

It's not about me being positive about everything.  I'm positive about things that can be fixed like Tackling and people doing their assignments.  That's not hard to fix.  If we can do a decent job against that run game I think we've got a good shot.  I don't expect Simien to be the bigger factor.   The Run Game is the bigger factor.

Why do you say Luck will get sacked a lot?  We had a worse line last year and I think he was sacked maybe once and it wasn't by Von Miller.   

The problem is, we rarely if ever do a good job against the run game. CJ Anderson is a physical, strong rb. Our Defensive Line doesn't have the capabilities to take him down with Henry Anderson. If he plays, I'll change my tune a bit. Semien is a big factor because of injuries. I don't think he's a great QB at all, but I think he can pick apart our secondary as it is. Luck will get Sacked because of the terrible matchup of Von Miller Vs Joe Reitz. Reitz isn't a starter, Von is a possible hall of famer. That will force us to double team Von or get pressured from the right side all day. Kelly is an improvement, but this is an expert pass rush. I believe the last couple games were more good luck than anything. 6 or 7 times out of 10, they will put a lot of pressure on Luck. Most of the time, teams do put pressure on us. Hopefully this year is different. 

I have complete faith that Luck and the offense will try their best, I have 0 faith in the defense.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The problem is, we rarely if ever do a good job against the run game. CJ Anderson is a physical, strong rb. Our Defensive Line doesn't have the capabilities to take him down with Henry Anderson. If he plays, I'll change my tune a bit. Semien is a big factor because of injuries. I don't think he's a great QB at all, but I think he can pick apart our secondary as it is. Luck will get Sacked because of the terrible matchup of Von Miller Vs Joe Reitz. Reitz isn't a starter, Von is a possible hall of famer. That will force us to double team Von or get pressured from the right side all day. Kelly is an improvement, but this is an expert pass rush. I believe the last couple games were more good luck than anything. 6 or 7 times out of 10, they will put a lot of pressure on Luck. Most of the time, teams do put pressure on us. Hopefully this year is different. 

I have complete faith that Luck and the offense will try their best, I have 0 faith in the defense.

Can you explain to me when CJ Anderson has ever  had a really good game against us?  I mean you say he's this big beast we can't handle right?  We had the same personnel last year other than Sio Moore.

No I'm not.  What I'm treating this like is we have a very good offense and if we can control that run game of theirs we have a shot.  It's very simple.  I don't think Simien is going to be the one to beat us.   I think Fundamental tackling is something that can be fixed.  Guys being in the right gap is something that can be fixed week to week.  Especially against an offense that we have played a billion times and we know the run fits.

What makes you think we can control the run game though? If we have Henry Anderson and Kendall Langford, I'll agree, there's a chance. Without them, it's a suggestion and pure hope with nothing to back it up. We never show we can control the run game. Our Offense is wonderful, in fact, it's composed of 3 WRs I chose in all 3 drafts for us. These were guys I mocked to us. It's our 3 WR's vs their 3 CBs. That's an even battle. The problem is their offense vs our defense. Our defense cannot and will not hold them for very long, and that's what terrifies me.

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Joe Reitz has NEVER given up a sack against Von Miller. Neither has Costanzo.  And we've played them 4 times.  There's a little bit more than luck involved in that.   You did say we were kind of Lucky right?

30 minutes ago, krunk said:

LOL.   What reason on this earth do you have to give Simien 42 points?  That's laughable.  And you're saying this living in Colorado.  You know in your own heart that ain't happening.

Well he does live in Colorado. Maybe hes smoking that good stuff (JK Jared lol)

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

Well he does live in Colorado. Maybe hes smoking that good stuff (JK Jared lol)

I ain't going there!   I love talking to Jared, that's my buddy.  Good Guy.

Hey I got a lot of people who don't agree with me right now.  I'm a fighter man and I refuse to willingly get kicked in the nuts.  If I see a way that we can win I'm going to point it out.

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Joe Reitz has NEVER given up a sack against Von Miller. Neither has Costanzo.  And we've played them 4 times.

Reitz played lousy in the preseason and in game 1, Von Miller is still Von Miller. Sometimes certain people have struggled against others for no apparent reason, doesn't mean Von Miller isn't absurdly more talented and better than Joe Reitz. Constanzo they won't put him on. Reitz could give up 3 or 4 sacks easily. The 4 games means nothing, he's gotten plenty of sacks against tons of players much more talented then Reitz. Reitz has just given up nothing yet. Doesn't mean he's good or I trust him. He easily the weak link and the reason Von will be put on him instead of Costanzo Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Reitz played lousy in the preseason and in game 1, Von Miller is still Von Miller. Sometimes certain people have struggled against others for no apparent reason, doesn't mean Von Miller is absurdly more talented and better than Joe Reitz. Constanzo they won't put him on. Reitz could give up 3 or 4 sacks easily. The 4 games means nothing, he's gotten plenty of sacks against tons of players much more talented then Reitz. Reitz has just given up nothing yet. Doesn't mean he's good or I trust him. He easily the weak link and the reason Von will be put on him instead of Costanzo Sunday.

I understand your feelings, but there isn't evidence to say Reitz is going to get destroyed.  There is however evidence to the contrary.

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

I understand your feelings, but there isn't evidence to say Reiz is going to get destroyed.  There is however evidence to the contrary.

This is true, and it's definitely a good thing he has the ability to guard him. Just think about this example though, I'm an above average poker player, and if a complete fish (amateur) beats me 4 times by playing horrible and just getting lucky, am I going to want to want to face him again? Of course I am! I'm going to get the best of him the majority of the time. He just happened to suck out and he's a lifetime losing player. I would be licking my chops if I were Von Miller. Hopefully Reitz is ready Sunday, Von Miller is the Lion, and Reitz is the Gazelle, he needs to do what he can to survive.

20 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Reitz played lousy in the preseason and in game 1, Von Miller is still Von Miller. Sometimes certain people have struggled against others for no apparent reason, doesn't mean Von Miller isn't absurdly more talented and better than Joe Reitz. Constanzo they won't put him on. Reitz could give up 3 or 4 sacks easily. The 4 games means nothing, he's gotten plenty of sacks against tons of players much more talented then Reitz. Reitz has just given up nothing yet. Doesn't mean he's good or I trust him. He easily the weak link and the reason Von will be put on him instead of Costanzo Sunday.

Hey I don't recall Ziggy Ansah getting a sack on either side. Had 14 sacks last year.  Look I know we have some big question marks in the secondary.  Real big if Robinson can't play. I just feel like if it's an air game I don't think Simien can match Luck.  It's really about what we do with that Running Back and until I ever witness CJ Anderson run over the Colts, which I never have then I have reason to believe we can beat Denver.   We have to control the controllables which is tackling and our assigments.     Offensively speaking, sorry I don't believe Harris and Talib are Darell Revis and Deion Sanders in their prime.  Especially Talib because when he gets frustrated he does all kind of dumb stuff.  They've never never shut out TY and Moncrief. Now that Dorsett is added to the mix I doubt it even more.  Plus this offense uses all the available personnel. It's not about sitting back forcing the ball to TY anymore.  Luck completed passes to 8 different receivers last week. We haven't seen that in a long time.  This offense is more diverse.  We just need to learn from that slow start last week and improve this week.  I think we can.  And the biggest thing I love from last week was no turnovers.  I don't even think Luck threw any balls that were even close to being a turnover.  Nothing that went in the defenders hand and he just dropped it.    Luck has made some improvements and that's what I believe in.

16 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is true, and it's definitely a good thing he has the ability to guard him. Just think about this example though, I'm an above average poker player, and if a complete fish (amateur) beats me 4 times by playing horrible and just getting lucky, am I going to want to want to face him again? Of course I am! I'm going to get the best of him the majority of the time. He just happened to suck out and he's a lifetime losing player. I would be licking my chops if I were Von Miller. Hopefully Reitz is ready Sunday, Von Miller is the Lion, and Reitz is the Gazelle, he needs to do what he can to survive.

Just all depends on the game plan we've layed out.  I'm sure he'll have some help.  We're also much better at the screen game and some of the other quick dump off type stuff.   I'll remain positive until I'm presented with something else.  Personally I think we'll be okay o n the inside.  There's no Malik Jackson to deal with.  I think Mewhort and Good will be okay so if we need to give Reitz some help then that's what we'll do.

Hey I don't recall Ziggy Ansah getting a sack on either side. Had 14 sacks last year.  Look I know we have some big question marks in the secondary.  Real big if Robinson can't play. I just feel like if it's an air game I don't think Simien can match Luck.  It's really about what we do with that Running Back and until I ever witness CJ Anderson run over the Colts, which I never have then I have reason to believe we can beat Denver.   We have to control the controllables which is tackling and our assigments.     Offensively speaking, sorry I don't believe Harris and Talib are Darell Revis and Deion Sanders in their prime.  Especially Talib because when he gets frustrated he does all kind of dumb stuff.  They've never never shut out TY and Moncrief. Now that Dorsett is added to the mix I doubt it even more.  Plus this offense uses all the available personnel. It's not about sitting back forcing the ball to TY anymore.  Luck completed passes to 8 different receivers last week. We haven't seen that in a long time.  This offense is more diverse.  We just need to learn from that slow start last week and improve this week.  I think we can.

The offense we have is special. If it gets going from the get-go, we can beat anyone. I think we need some sort of improvement from the defense. I don't think the team sucks like lots of people here. I think injuries have made the defense a huge liability and even a sole reason we could lose a lot of games. Time will heal that. It's just hit one side completely. I think all of our major injuries are on defense. No team can overcome that. Luck is great, but he has to do what he did last week for us to have a chance. Our offense is special, but this defense is so bad right now because of injuries that every team (even with Semien), is going to tear us apart until we get our players back. We're not this untalented on defense, but currently it's bad.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The offense we have is special. If it gets going from the get-go, we can beat anyone. I think we need some sort of improvement from the defense. I don't think the team sucks like lots of people here. I think injuries have made the defense a huge liability and even a sole reason we could lose a lot of games. Time will heal that. It's just hit one side completely. I think all of our major injuries are on defense. No team can overcome that. Luck is great, but he has to do what he did last week for us to have a chance. Our offense is special, but this defense is so bad right now because of injuries that every team (even with Semien), is going to tear us apart until we get our players back. We're not this untalented on defense, but currently it's bad.

Agreed

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Here's some good news.  Wish he could play play this week, but still it's good

Kevin Bowen @KBowenColts

We have a Vontae Davis sighting at practice. He's going to the rehab field but still a good sign based off his absence the past few weeks

Vontae Davis in pads but working with rehab staff. Next step in comeback.

— Mike Chappell (@mchappell51) Sep 15, 2016

Vontae Davis jogs out to rehab field. Wearing helmet and pads. #Colts

— George Bremer (@gmbremer) Sep 15, 2016

Just now, krunk said:

Kevin Bowen @KBowenColts

We have a Vontae Davis sighting at practice. He's going to the rehab field but still a good sign based off his absence the past few weeks

That's great news. If he makes it back by week 4, we'll have a good chance vs Jacksonville. That would be a nice game to win. Just want to start off 2-2 at this point, then build up some wins when we're healthy.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's great news. If he makes it back by week 4, we'll have a good chance vs Jacksonville. That would be a nice game to win. Just want to start off 2-2 at this point, then build up some wins when we're healthy.

Colts Robt Mathis, Joe Reitz, Clayton Geathers practicing

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Kevin Bowen @KBowenColts

Vontae Davis in pads but working with rehab staff. Next step in comeback.

Vontae Davis jogs out to rehab field. Wearing helmet and pads. #Colts

— George Bremer (@gmbremer) Sep 15, 2016

So I mean if Henry and Clayton play this week then really all we are missing is Arthur Jones and Vontae.  TJ Green.  Maybe Robinson if he doesn't make it out the concussion protocol.  We are slowly getting them back.  I have a decent feeling Henry Anderson will play this week.  Hasn't been ruled out yet.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

So I mean if Henry and Clayton play this week then really all we are missing is Arthur Jones and Vontae.  TJ Green.  Maybe Robinson if he doesn't make it out the concussion protocol.  We are slowly getting them back.  I have a decent feeling Henry Anderson will play this week.  Hasn't been ruled out yet.

Henry and Clayton would be huge. Definitely gives us a better chance if they play.

10 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Colts should win. Their defense is good. But they aren't facing elite passers every week and I don't consider Cam Newton an elite passer. Not sure how some are so worried considering the history between these two teams. Lol we even won last year; last year was horrible. 

I don't think Denver considered Cam to be an elite passer either.  They blitzed him 51 percent of the time in that game. Tells me how much they respected Carolinas receivers.   I don't think they do that this week.  We've got some good responses to blitzing in this offense and I don't think they'll be fully confident they can cover all 3 of our receivers enough to blitz that much.    I fully expect them to blitz but I don't think it will be 51 percent!!!

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't think Denver considered Cam to be an elite passer either.  They blitzed him 51 percent of the time in that game.    I don't think they do that this week.  We've got some good responses to blitzing in this offense.

I hope they do that against Luck.

I remember these type of teams were the teams that the old Colts used to kill; winning would be automatic.