Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Broncos prediction thread

RockThatBlue

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You're a good poster, but it's very hard to take you seriously when you refuse to not be positive about everything. Carolina is a respectable team on defense, we are not. Carolina wasn't injured on defense and completely depleted of half the players, we are. Vontae was the reason Thomas was shut down every game, none of our CBs have the ability to do that. Cromartie couldn't guard me, and I would wager money on that. Robinson may not play, and Butler couldn't guard the broad side of a barn. CJ Anderson has completely improved and past history means nothing when he's improved tenfold and the current D-Line is rotten. Anderson is a gasher, and he'll be getting 8-10 yard gains all day just like he did against Carolina. I watch Denver, I'm sorry to say I have more experience on this subject then you Krunk. 

I could guard you and I haven't played CB since middle school.  You "watch Denver" and that's quacktastic, but unfortunately you aren't a coach or scout, so get off your mile high horse and calm yourself down just a skosh. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35-28 Donks.

Our usual slow start, won't be able to cover simply because we have no corners, but Luck and Co keep us in this shootout.

I REALLY need to see the D do these supposed 'fixable' things (tackling/gap control) before I give them any benefit of the doubt.

If by chance the D looks terrible again, that'll be the script for the season in my mind.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

35-28 Donks.

Our usual slow start, won't be able to cover simply because we have no corners, but Luck and Co keep us in this shootout.

I REALLY need to see the D do these supposed 'fixable' things (tackling/gap control) before I give them any benefit of the doubt.

If by chance the D looks terrible again, that'll be the script for the season in my mind.

It's not fair or logical to say that the mash unit that's trotting out on the field now is setting the bar for the potential of the defense.

24-20 Colts win in an upset. Colts will play desperate realizing if they go 0-2 that they are in big trouble. Denver has a Great Defense but their QB is mistake prone and young, he turned it over against the Panthers. That could be just what the doctor ordered for our Defense. Siemian isn't even close to being as good as Matt Stafford. Since midway through last season only Cam and Wilson have been better than Matt Stafford statistically which I didn't even realize until I just heard it on ESPN. So we lost to a QB last week that has been on fire for a while. I think Andrew can put up 24 or so with a couple of TD's. 24 isn't a ton of points but Denver has a Great Defense, 24 will be enough though. The main key to winning this game is protecting the ball, if we don't Turn it over I like our chances.

4 hours ago, krunk said:

LOL.   What reason on this earth do you have to give Simien 42 points?  That's laughable.  And you're saying this living in Colorado.  You know in your own heart that ain't happening.

I agree, the only way Denver scores 42 is if we Turn it over like crazy. They wont come close to scoring 42 points. Siemian isn't near as good as Matt Stafford. The Lions are really good Offensively overall as well.

1 hour ago, corgi said:

It's not fair or logical to say that the mash unit that's trotting out on the field now is setting the bar for the potential of the defense.

They have to show they understand tackling at a minimum. If they look TOTALLY lost, I'll expect that theme (clueless/terrible tackling) to be a season thing. 

You should know how to tackle if you made it to the nfl.

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

We gotta win this game.  I think the Texans might lose to KC so that would even us up record wise if we win and they lose.  I don't want any of that "Common Opponents" stuff haunting us at the end of the year if it's a tight race.

Good point considering common opponents are the 3rd tiebreaker. Head to Head is the 1st, 2nd is Division record, then it's the common opponent wins/losses vs.. Many think it would be Conference record 3rd but it isn't.

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

How did I mis speak?  You act like they are some juggernaut  they are not.  They suck.  Bee just out sucked them 

They don't "suck", Colts played sloppy, were injured, and started very slow. That happens, nobody out sucked anyone. You're just overreacting and reaching.

1 hour ago, IinD said:

They have to show they understand tackling at a minimum. If they look TOTALLY lost, I'll expect that theme (clueless/terrible tackling) to be a season thing. 

You should know how to tackle if you made it to the nfl.

Guys were in the field that had been signed for all of a cup of coffee. If you don't know your assignment it's not hard to whiff. The guys who've been on the team and did that, yeah that's a problem. Keep things in perspective and realize it's been ONE game, if this is still a problem in week 4 then have at it.

4 hours ago, corgi said:

I could guard you and I haven't played CB since middle school.  You "watch Denver" and that's quacktastic, but unfortunately you aren't a coach or scout, so get off your mile high horse and calm yourself down just a skosh. 

That's funny, you and your middle school experience, lol. Can you guard Phillip Dorsett, if you can't, then you can't guard me. Though I'm sure you'll convince yourself you can. Your middle school experience is akin to wrestling for a year and thinking you can beat Kurt Angle. Putting a wrestling example out there since I know you watch it. Don't insult both of our intelligence and act like a tough guy. You don't even know what I look like or my credibility. You are just a keyboard warrior, a tough guy behind a computer that won't have to prove what he said. I win at everything I do, and I'm 5'9, 180, 29 years old in the best shape of my life that has played football through college. You couldn't guard me unless you held me.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's funny, you and your middle school experience, lol. Can you guard Phillip Dorsett, if you can't, then you can't guard me. Though I'm sure you'll convince yourself you can. Your middle school experience is akin to wrestling for a year and thinking you can beat Kurt Angle. Putting a wrestling example out there since I know you watch it. Don't insult both of our intelligence and act like a tough guy. You don't even know what I look like or my credibility. You are just a keyboard warrior, a tough guy behind a computer that won't have to prove what he said. I win at everything I do, and I'm 5'9, 180, 29 years old in the best shape of my life that has played football through college. You couldn't guard me unless you held me.

Hmm, I'm a fan of wrestling and I AM a wrestler...and no I couldn't out wrestle Angle but I haven't been wrestling for 30 years and I'm not a former gold medalist. I could without a doubt out wrestle you, but that's not worth debating. I've taken a lot of bumps, gotten stitches, been hit with chairs...and trust me that doesn't make me a tough guy or add points to the non-existent man card.

I do run 70 miles a week, on top of working a full time job and raising my two year old son while my wife works evenings.

I'm also positive AC would have no trouble guarding you, since he's in the NFL and your college football career got you all the way to the Colts message board...like me! And I'd imagine if you compare to Dorsett you're at the minimum on one of the NFL's practice squads, right? Well your 29, so that would make you a veteran free agent...

Untangle your underwear though (it'll chap) and calm down. I'm not a keyboard warrior, and I hardly need to prove my masculinity to you. If my second hand snark bothers you enough to try to take shots at me though then you probably aren't as tough as you believe. You know...sticks and stone and the like.

A show of who has more T and who'd win in a fight really doesn't prove anything other than who relies on their lizard brain more. ("But hey, I'm just a 30 year old long distance runner/Indy wrestler/working stiff/father/guy that's not into labels/self anointed semi-professional internet debater, so what do I know? *thumps chest like King Kong* 

20 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Don't worry about eating crow. You'll probably be ok. You can wash it down with the kool aid you seem to be drinking 

It's an Arnold Palmer Zero...it's also a meaningless sport that has no bearing on my life or well being.

Just now, corgi said:

Hmm, I'm a fan of wrestling and I AM a wrestler...and no I couldn't out wrestle Angle but I haven't been wrestling for 30 years and I'm not a former gold medalist. I could without a doubt out wrestle you, but that's not worth debating. I've taken a lot of bumps, gotten stitches, been hit with chairs...and trust me that doesn't make me a tough guy or add points to the non-existent man card.

I do run 70 miles a week, on top of working a full time job and raising my two year old son while my wife works evenings.

I'm also positive AC would have no trouble guarding you, since he's in the NFL and your college football career got you all the way to the Colts message board...like me! And I'd imagine if you compare to Dorsett you're at the minimum on one of the NFL's practice squads, right? Well your 29, so that would make you a veteran free agent...

Untangle your underwear though (it'll chap) and calm down. I'm not a keyboard warrior, and I hardly need to prove my masculinity to you. If my second hand snark bothers you enough to try to take shots at me though then you probably aren't as tough as you believe. You know...sticks and stone and the like.

A show of who has more T and who'd win in a fight really doesn't prove anything other than who relies on their lizard brain more. ("But hey, I'm just a 30 year old long distance runner/Indy wrestler/working stiff/father/guy that's not into labels/self anointed semi-professional internet debater, so what do I know? *thumps chest like King Kong* 

So we're about the same age? You probably could outwrestle me. I wrestled for 2 years in high school and am mostly a wrestling fan that knows karate. I can run like Dorsett, but yes, I would be a veteran free agent, both us would be. I was 120 pounds in college and couldn't gain weight, that's why I was eventually cut as I was too small to play. You may of had your reasons too. Don't say you can cover me when you don't know anything about me though, especially when you are talking about playing in middle school.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

So we're about the same age? You probably could outwrestle me. I wrestled for 2 years in high school and am mostly a wrestling fan that knows karate. I can run like Dorsett, but yes, I would be a veteran free agent, both us would be. I was 120 pounds in college and couldn't gain weight, that's why I was eventually cut as I was too small to play. You may of had your reasons too. Don't say you can cover me when you don't know anything about me though, especially when you are talking about playing in middle school.

Did you miss the point of the joke? It was the equivalent of "my grandma can shoot a free throw better than Shaq!" Using and extreme or ridiculous example to add emphasis. How would I possibly know how fast you are, or if you even have legs?

I have a pretty consistent history of being a smart aleck poster, though my humor is very rarely malicious. Not saying it did, but seriously don't let anyone in the Internet under your skin. You will never meet the people so who cares? 

I quit playing sports because I got way into heavy metal in seventh grade so music became my life. Still is my favorite thing. \m/

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I personally would like to see you guys in a cage match. I am 45 and out of shape so I am in retirement. You guys are young pups haha at 30 years old. Off topic but Revis just got burned on an 84 Yard pass. He looks bad so far this season, Jets still only down 7-6.

Haha, I'm down for a cage match. Once the adrenaline kicks in we won't feel anything.

Just now, corgi said:

Haha, I'm down for a cage match. Once the adrenaline kicks in we won't feel anything.

You said you are a runner, I know that type of high after running 5-7 miles. Once you get on Mile 2 or 3 your adrenaline just kicks in and you keep going. In my 20's and 30's I put in on average around 40-50 miles a week running. I ran pretty much everyday back in the day. Just old now and have aches and pains. Left foot bothers me because I broke it a long time ago and the knees aren't good either.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You said you are a runner, I know that type of high after running 5-7 miles. Once you get on Mile 2 or 3 your adrenaline just kicks in and you keep going. In my 20's and 30's I put in on average around 40-50 miles a week running. I ran pretty much everyday back in the day. Just old now and have aches and pains. Left foot bothers me because I broke it a long time ago and the knees aren't good either.

Yeah my worst running injuries are a strained Achilles and several lost toenails. Of course running on trails I've had run ins with deer, copperheads, dogs, and raccoons. I get up at 5:30 every day and run before work. I was doing 16 a day before I had a kid, but I don't have that kind of time anymore. Love the runners high. 

3 minutes ago, corgi said:

Yeah my worst running injuries are a strained Achilles and several lost toenails. Of course running on trails I've had run ins with deer, copperheads, dogs, and raccoons. I get up at 5:30 every day and run before work. I was doing 16 a day before I had a kid, but I don't have that kind of time anymore. Love the runners high. 

Yeah I used to run a lot of 5-7 mile runs daily at about a 9 minute mile. Then some weeks I would do 1 real long one like a 10 Mile run at around a 10 minute mile on average and just take a day off from it if I did that.  I did this for about 15 years but the joints really cant take it no more.

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I used to run a lot of 5-7 mile runs daily at about a 9 minute mile. Then some weeks I would do 1 real long one like a 10 Mile run at around a 10 minute mile on average and just take a day off from it if I did that.  I did this for about 15 years but the joints really cant take it no more.

I try to mix in swimming whenever I can, but we only have pool weather May-September. I'm at around the same pace that you were. I typically sprint the last mile just to get a good last burn in. 

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

My only prediction is that the Colts suffer another significant injury in this game that puts a damper on the season.  Note that the past three years against the Broncos we lost Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis and Andrew Luck for the year.  Who will it be this year? Please don't be T.Y.   Lol. 

That's a good point, never even thought about who those injuries happened against, or simply didn't put them together.

Let it at least be one those bums on D, wouldn't hurt to bad.

3 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

My only prediction is that the Colts suffer another significant injury in this game that puts a damper on the season.  Note that the past three years against the Broncos we lost Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis and Andrew Luck for the year.  Who will it be this year? Please don't be T.Y.   Lol. 

I am pretty sure that Mathis never had a season ending injury against the Broncos.

3 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I think you meant Henry Anderson not Mathis. We lost Henry and Andrew against them last year. Brutal.

56 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think you meant Henry Anderson not Mathis. We lost Henry and Andrew against them last year. Brutal.

Yes...thanks for that correction RTB.  Henry Anderson is right. Two injuries occurred last year.  Brutal indeed.

Mathis injured his achilles working out shortly after the 2014 pre-season.  So he never played against Denver that year.

So maybe it's an alternating pattern and we emerge major injury free this year.  Lol. Heck we got a double whammy from them last year.