Colts vs Broncos prediction thread

RockThatBlue

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

38-17 Denver.   

Ive been bleeding Orange and Blue for nearly 30 years, and even I will tell you that the Denver offense won't be putting up 38 points this early into the season with this squad.

1) Out of the 4 OL currently starting for Denver, only 1 retained their job last year.

2) CJ is literally our only back right now. I'm not impressed with Kapri Bibbs and Kubes is * with Devontae Booker Fumbling 1 out of 3 measily attempts.

4) Demaryius Thomas is on the mend. Dude always plays soft when he's tender. If Denver does any damage in the air it will have to come from Emmanuel Sanders.

5) Siemian will not be put in a position to throw that many punches. He tosses for over 150 yards and 2tds Max in my opinion. Kubes doesn't intend on using him for any more than a game manager for this one.

i still think Denver wins, but I'm not the most confident, my guess is the contest ends 17-24 in a hard fought battle decided by a late turnover in the 4th.

1 hour ago, Mile High Mike said:

Ive been bleeding Orange and Blue for nearly 30 years, and even I will tell you that the Denver offense won't be putting up 38 points this early into the season with this squad.

1) Out of the 4 OL currently starting for Denver, only 1 retained their job last year.

2) CJ is literally our only back right now. I'm not impressed with Kapri Bibbs and Kubes is * with Devontae Booker Fumbling 1 out of 3 measily attempts.

4) Demaryius Thomas is on the mend. Dude always plays soft when he's tender. If Denver does any damage in the air it will have to come from Emmanuel Sanders.

5) Siemian will not be put in a position to throw that many punches. He tosses for over 150 yards and 2tds Max in my opinion. Kubes doesn't intend on using him for any more than a game manager for this one.

i still think Denver wins, but I'm not the most confident, my guess is the contest ends 17-24 in a hard fought battle decided by a late turnover in the 4th.

The Lions put up 39 on this defense 

think about that. THE LIONS!! 

3 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

The Lions put up 39 on this defense 

think about that. THE LIONS!! 

I am not remotely arguing that the Colts' D is anything close to mediocre.  It strives to be average at best and right now, in health, talent and coordination, they are significantly less than that.  But Detroit presented some match up problems that I can't understand why it is hard for people to understand.  Stafford is a very good QB.  Their two backs are shifty as all get out and their TE is pretty damn good.

Denver presents its own problems but not like the Lions.  Siemian was decent in week one but still very largely an unknown and not close to the Stafford class.  CJ is not in the same ballpark as the Detroit RB's with regards to explosiveness or change of direction.  Clearly the WR's are better but they have a health concern and again an unproven QB.

Entire point is that match-ups in this game to me are not so one-sided that Indy can't win.

I think if the Broncos are going to compete, it's going to be through their ground game. The only reason I say that is because Trevor Simian is still new and fresh the starting NFL games and our offense has always found ways to score points against Denver. If our offense can play the way they played in the second half against the Lions on Sunday and our defense can keep them limited, we SHOULD be just fine. 

24 - 23 Colts, but that could be a pipe dream. I'm just not sure what to make of the QB situation in Denver, I just think he could turn the ball over pretty easily if we can somehow manage to get pressure on him (although the latter part of this statement isn't to be taken for granted). 

Indy game plans the pass rush.  And the o-line is better than it was the last 2 times these teams played.  Defense is worse (more injured)  Without Vonte to shut down Sanders, could spell trouble.  

I still think if Indy keeps Luck fairly clean..Denver can't outscore Indy.  We drop 8 in the box majority of the game and MAKE their new QB win the game for them....I am not sure he can

Indy 31-18

2 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Indy game plans the pass rush.  And the o-line is better than it was the last 2 times these teams played.  Defense is worse (more injured)  Without Vonte to shut down Sanders, could spell trouble.  

I still think if Indy keeps Luck fairly clean..Denver can't outscore Indy.  We drop 8 in the box majority of the game and MAKE their new QB win the game for them....I am not sure he can

Indy 31-18

Indy are, hands-down, the best at making average QB's look like an Aaron Rodgers / Tom Brady hybrid. With our entire secondary as banged up as it is, i wouldnt put it past Siemien to put up over 250 or even nudging 300 yards.

8 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Indy are, hands-down, the best at making average QB's look like an Aaron Rodgers / Tom Brady hybrid. With our entire secondary as banged up as it is, i wouldnt put it past Siemien to put up over 250 or even nudging 300 yards.

Yeah I don't think Denver is too scared to put the ball in Siemien's hands. They came out throwing against a Carolina secondary that was certainly healthier and better than what the Colts will have on Sunday. Just have to capitalize on the mistakes that he will make.

Luck may not survive. If he drops back too far he is supper for the best DE in the NFL. If he takes the three step approach he will get company from the Denver front four. I hope this is not as ugly as it could be unless the Colts coaches come up with a strategy for the Denver D. Gore could prove to be older than 32 this weekend. A prayer may be in order. After the Cam Newton "hits" questions put forth this week as to "no calls", it should be interesting to see how many calls Luck gets tonight for head hits. 

I think Denver will do what they normally do with that offense.  I don't think they'll change their trend and try to have Simien pull off 300-350 yards of passing offense.  They are going to try and control the clock to keep our offense off the field with the thinking that their defense will do better against our offense in limited snaps versus a lot of snaps that are likely to come if Simien turns the ball over, or has a couple 3 and out drives from incompletions. I'll give Kubiak the benefit of the doubt however because I do recall that one game down in Houston where they came out with Case Keenum gunning the long ball down the field with Andre Johnson.  Not sure if they will do that this time though with D. Thomas appearing to be pretty hurt.  Unless they do it with Sanders maybe.

we don't want to limp into London 0-3 or 1-2.  We don't need controversy and chuck rumors and all that to start up again, and when you start 0-3 or 1-2 , it's likely to.  argh!!  So we really need to thwart that garbage and pick up a huge win on the road. O-liine had a B performance, QB was an A, receivers A as well.  No reason we can't score 27+ points.  The issue is the D giving up massive chunks on the ground....i think our pass D and their pass O is a wash (for this game).  If we can keep their Running game in check (or at least keep them from getting 100), we win 35-28 in another nail-biter.  

3 hours ago, Mile High Mike said:

CJ Anderson is going to eat the Colts D alive, make no mistake about that, and Vegas has the Broncos at -7, which seems about right to me unfortunately, considering this is an absolute must-win game for the Colts.

Broncos 24 Colts 17

I hope I'm wrong, because I wasn't last week.

5 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

we don't want to limp into London 0-2.  We don't need controversy and chuck rumors and all that to start up again, and when you start 0-2, it's likely to.  argh!!  So we really need to thwart that garbage and pick up a huge win on the road. O-liine had a B performance, QB was an A, receivers A as well.  No reason we can't score 27+ points.  The issue is the D giving up massive chunks on the ground....i think our pass D and their pass O is a wash (for this game).  If we can keep their Running game in check (or at least keep them from getting 100), we win 35-28 in another nail-biter.  

London's week 4, the Chargers come first. We could legit limp into London 0-3.

I say CJ Anderson won't eat us up.   You can't put too much into these week 1 performances.  We gave up 116 yards rushing.  It's not like we gave up 240 or something.  Everybody is still playing at preseason level in terms of the execution of their assignments and tackling in week 1, nobody is used to playing for a full 4 quarters and running around.  CJ has never eaten us up and we had virtually the same people on defense last year in terms of the D line and linebackers. Henry Anderson played in that game, but got hurt.  That's about the only difference.   I think we'll play better this week.  We were in position to make the plays, but we were sloppy. I think much of that will be cleaned up this week.   Might even see Henry play in this one.  I'm sure he's got this game on his mind as his come back point.  Pagano has not ruled him out and it's Thursday.

12 minutes ago, krunk said:

I say CJ Anderson won't eat us up.   You can't put too much into these week 1 performances.  We gave up 116 yards rushing.  It's not like we gave up 240 or something.  Everybody is still playing at preseason level in terms of the execution of their assignments and tackling in week 1, nobody is used to playing for a full 4 quarters and running around.  CJ has never eaten us up and we had virtually the same people on defense last year in terms of the D line and linebackers. Henry Anderson played in that game, but got hurt.  That's about the only difference.   I think we'll play better this week.  We were in position to make the plays, but we were sloppy. I think much of that will be cleaned up this week.   Might even see Henry play in this one.  I'm sure he's got this game on his mind as his come back point.  Pagano has not ruled him out and it's Thursday.

We still gave up over 100 yards and the best defense in week one I think green bay only gave up 48 no I'm not saying it couldn't be better but we have to tackle a lot better if we were to have any chance in this game if we play on defense the way we did last week it will be over at halftime.

3 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

We still gave up over 100 yards and the best defense in week one I think green bay only gave up 48 no I'm not saying it couldn't be better but we have to tackle a lot better if we were to have any chance in this game if we play on defense the way we did last week it will be over at halftime.

I agree we have to tackle and execute our assigments better.  I think we will see that this week.  We've defended the run against this team before with virtually the same personnel.   It's just a matter of doing the job better than last week.  I think we are capable of doing so.  We will get more stops than we got against Detroit.  I'm sure there's going to be some holes here and there and it won't be perfect, but I'm confident it will be much better than last week.  That's all it really boils down to.

Whenever we had games like last week under Tony Dungy he never said anything dramatic.  He just said stuff like "We have to tackle better, simplify what we are doing and attack our assignments harder, be more sharp"  and everybody would be looking at him like "Are you Nuts?"  "That defense was terrible".   The next week we would indeed go out and play better.   There's nothing dramatically wrong about the personnel.  Just need to do the job better.

21 minutes ago, krunk said:

I say CJ Anderson won't eat us up.   You can't put too much into these week 1 performances.  We gave up 116 yards rushing.  It's not like we gave up 240 or something.

I expect that they'll play better this week as well, but at the same time it's really not the amount of rushing yards that concerns me. I worry that RBs who can catch the ball out of the backfield, like Anderson, are going to be very problematic for our defense for the foreseeable future. They just don't seem to have an answer for it.

This will be a brutal game. I live in Colorado and watch the Broncos whenever I can't watch the Colts. I know that CJ Anderson is going to destroy this pathetic current excuse of a defensive line. You can say we match up well all we want, it's only because of Vontae Davis shutting down Demaryius Thomas every time we play. Guess what, Vontae is out. Demaryius is probably playing. This game is going to get ugly. Their OL is average, our pass rush is putrid. They have Semien at QB, we have a secondary that is ripe for the taking. The only place where we have talent, they have 3 solid if not All Pro CB's in Harris, Talib, and Roby. They match up well against us right now, not the other way around.

Broncos win 42-21. Anderson rushes it in 3 times, Semien throws 3 tds against a depleted secondary.

13 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I expect that they'll play better this week as well, but at the same time it's really not the amount of rushing yards that concerns me. I worry that RBs who can catch the ball out of the backfield, like Anderson, are going to be very problematic for our defense for the foreseeable future. They just don't seem to have an answer for it.

They aren't going to do that in the same way as Detroit.  The biggest thing with CJ is he'll break tackles of people who are sloppy.  He's not going to outrun and out juke people like Abdullah and Riddick.   That's not CJs game.  He's a good one cut north and south runner with good vision.  That's his game, and I could see him hurting us on some screen plays in the open field.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This will be a brutal game. I live in Colorado and watch the Broncos whenever I can't watch the Colts. I know that CJ Anderson is going to destroy this pathetic current excuse of a defensive line. You can say we match up well all we want, it's only because of Vontae Davis shutting down Demaryius Thomas every time we play. Guess what, Vontae is out. Demaryius is probably playing. This game is going to get ugly. Their OL is average, our pass rush is putrid. They have Semien at QB, we have a secondary that is ripe for the taking. The only place where we have talent, they have 3 solid if not All Pro CB's in Harris, Talib, and Roby. They match up well against us right now, not the other way around.

Broncos win 42-21. Anderson rushes it in 3 times, Semien throws 3 tds against a depleted secondary.

You trippin.  simian could barely put up 7 points last week and Carolina wasn't even on their A game.  And now he's supposed to be putting up 42points?   That's more than Stafford.Thomas has a hurt hip and can barely even practice, and now we are predicting him to be burning the defense for long bomb touchdowns on 9 routes?  Cromartie can guard him, and I'm sure we'll do decent enough against sanders between Robinson and Butler assuming Robinson makes it out the concussion protocol.   Again CJ Anderson has never lit up the Colts.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Luck may not survive. If he drops back too far he is supper for the best DE in the NFL. If he takes the three step approach he will get company from the Denver front four. I hope this is not as ugly as it could be unless the Colts coaches come up with a strategy for the Denver D. Gore could prove to be older than 32 this weekend. A prayer may be in order. After the Cam Newton "hits" questions put forth this week as to "no calls", it should be interesting to see how many calls Luck gets tonight for head hits. 

With all this, do you think the Colts will even make the trip to Denver?

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Are you going to the game and if so, will you drive more than 65 mph to get there?

Just now, krunk said:

You trippin.  simian could barely put up 7 points last week and Carolina wasn't even on their A game.  Thomas has a hurt hip and can barely even practice, and now we are predicting him to be burning the defense for long bomb touchdowns on 9 routes?  Cromartie can guard him, and I'm sure we'll do decent enough against sanders between Robinson and Butler assuming Robinson makes it out the concussion protocol.   Again CJ Anderson has never lit up the Colts.

You're a good poster, but it's very hard to take you seriously when you refuse to not be positive about everything. Carolina is a respectable team on defense, we are not. Carolina wasn't injured on defense and completely depleted of half the players, we are. Vontae was the reason Thomas was shut down every game, none of our CBs have the ability to do that. Cromartie couldn't guard me, and I would wager money on that. Robinson may not play, and Butler couldn't guard the broad side of a barn. CJ Anderson has completely improved and past history means nothing when he's improved tenfold and the current D-Line is rotten. Anderson is a gasher, and he'll be getting 8-10 yard gains all day just like he did against Carolina. I watch Denver, I'm sorry to say I have more experience on this subject then you Krunk.