Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nice little article on TJ Green

PeterBowman

As you can tell by my profile picture, I'm a big TJ Green fan. The guy has the potential to be able to do it all at the safety position. Good tackler and ball skills. So far, pretty stoked at his development thus far (he's way ahead of schedule right now) but when Geathers comes back, I still want him to replace TJ as the starter (unless Green is absolutely tearing it up). He's still got lots to learn. But I'm excited at the potential of a Geathers-Green duo in the future. Thanks for sharing.

22 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

As you can tell by my profile picture, I'm a big TJ Green fan. The guy has the potential to be able to do it all at the safety position. Good tackler and ball skills. So far, pretty stoked at his development thus far (he's way ahead of schedule right now) but when Geathers comes back, I still want him to replace TJ as the starter (unless Green is absolutely tearing it up). He's still got lots to learn. But I'm excited at the potential of a Geathers-Green duo in the future. Thanks for sharing.

My observations are he is a good hitter but not a good wrap up tackler.  Teach him that and his potential is exciting.

10 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Good article but it's worrisome that Adams has to be told by a rookie that he's line up in the wrong place.

not really, even veterans make mistakes from time to time. I bet even you make a mistake occasionally in your daily job/life as well?

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

not really, even veterans make mistakes from time to time. I bet even you make a mistake occasionally in your daily job/life as well?

Well, we know you make mistakes... your mistake is assuming I make mistakes :)  Just kidding.  The comment about Adams was somewhat tongue in cheek.

Just now, Coffeedrinker said:

Well, we know you make mistakes... your mistake is assuming I make mistakes :)  Just kidding.  The comment about Adams was somewhat tongue in cheek.

Oh I know I make mistakes, I know I'm wrong a lot, just ask my wife :headspin::headspin: im never right there....

14 minutes ago, Shepman said:

My observations are he is a good hitter but not a good wrap up tackler.  Teach him that and his potential is exciting.

He sure can throw some explosive hits, but if Pags and Co can teach him to stay disciplined and as you said, wrap tackle, he'll be a force in the run game.

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

I agree.  If TJ when playing deep middle can keep everything in front of him I would love him to keep his starting job.  His speed and reaction time to help out on the run when back deep is the best I've seen on our team since Bob Sanders.

54 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

He sure can throw some explosive hits, but if Pags and Co can teach him to stay disciplined and as you said, wrap tackle, he'll be a force in the run game.

Man needs to keep his head up when tackling though.  Could have broken his neck or something on that one hit he did.  Instantly drew a crown of the helmet penalty.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

Man needs to keep his head up when tackling though.  Could have broken his neck or something on that one hit he did.  Instantly drew a crown of the helmet penalty.

Yeah hopefully that penalty and some drubbing from the coaching staff will serve as a lesson. 

12 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

We gonna have some big safteys 

Green 6"3 215

Geathers 6"2 220 

We just need to draft a pass rusher and lengthy corner, and get younger at all the linebacker spots at defense looking ok 

I like that we have those 3 big bodies in Green, Geathers, and Cromartie.  Gives us a number of different ways to deal with opponents who have tall receivers and tight ends.

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

I like that we have those 3 big bodies in Green, Geathers, and Cromartie.  Gives us a number of different ways to deal with opponents who have tall receivers and tight ends.

Yea I mean we have a lot of options, will the coach be able to get the full potential will remain to be seen. 

7 hours ago, krunk said:

Our secondary, while it seems to be a major weakness right now, may turn into a major strength if Vontae can fully recover before the halfway point of the season.  Having Vontae, Cromartie, Robinson, and Butler (all healthy) would be a very nice picture at CB and if Geathers gets healthy the trio of him, Adams and Green could workout very well at S.  Personally, I think Green or Geathers would do very well in a dime package either blitzing or bodying up against bigger TEs.

17 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/17789/rookie-t-j-green-is-about-to-be-thrust-into-the-starting-safety-spot-for-the-colts

he's still a work in progress coverage wise but he seems to be well ahead on where they thought he'd be.

He could be a gem if he keeps improving the way he is.

I'd change the word "could" in your last sentence to "better" and end it after the word Gem.  

17 hours ago, tikyle said:

I agree.  If TJ when playing deep middle can keep everything in front of him I would love him to keep his starting job.  His speed and reaction time to help out on the run when back deep is the best I've seen on our team since Bob Sanders.

I thought his play reminded me of Sanders.  Of course, people said " no blah blah".

but the way he moves in space and closes.  He accelerates at impact like Sanders did.  Remember when Benson "tagged out"'in the Super Bowl?  He's got similar speed in a bigger package with longer reach.  Exciting to see how it develops.

and no i'm not saying he'll be a pro bowler like sanders.  But you can see the raw talent and things sound promising.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

I thought his play reminded me of Sanders.  Of course, people said " no blah blah".

but the way he moves in space and closes.  He accelerates at impact like Sanders did.  Remember when Benson "tagged out"'in the Super Bowl?  He's got similar speed in a bigger package with longer reach.  Exciting to see how it develops.

and no i'm not saying he'll be a pro bowler like sanders.  But you can see the raw talent and things sound promising.

TJ Green passes the eye test, which is arguably the most important one.