Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's Sunday Tweet

TubaGuy

Seems that Irsay is denying the reports that He flew down to Tressels home.

Yeah, that's the way I took it too. He said the decision will come this week. I would think the interviews are done by now.

(But that doesn't mean he didn't interview Tressel elsewhere)

Zimmer was in the Tampa Bay area to be interviewed by the Bucs and Dolphins on Jan.16. It could be that he stuck around and Irsay could be interviewing him as well. It is hard to pinpoint one thing or another.

But Irsay is saying that he hasnt been to Sarasota.

But Irsay is saying that he hasnt been to Sarasota.

That means he could have been to Tampa which is different from Sarasota??? :) (j/k)

Maybe he is just visiting somebody else after a business trip to Tampa??? It is his private jet after all.

Man, you can tell it is offseason when the focus of our threads is deciphering Irsay's tweets. Unlike other offseasons where we rarely make noise, Grigson sure is changing that up :)

Regardless of whether Irsay himself was in Florida, his plane went there, immediately flew back to Indy - then several hours later, flew back to Florida and returned to Indy at 2:30 a.m. This is a smokescreen - it does not matter whether Irsay was on the jet or not, someone was picked up and flown to Indy, interviewed, and returned to Florida - just like what happened with Spags.

If they were in Tampa, why was his plane in Sarasota? That does not make a lot of sense.

Makes sense that he is in Florida, in the vicinity. Does not confirm or deny he would like to talk to coaches currently in Tampa. Should have explained.

Regardless, Mr. Irsay can do what he wants, it is his private jet, does not have to be a business trip all the time. Could be totally unrelated to Colts matters, for all we know :).

If you are watching players at the EW game, you don't make two trips. You simply would fly down, watch the game and come home to Indy. Someone was brought to Indy. Irsay probably didn't go anywhere. He met whom ever with Ryan at their office in Indy and he isn't lying because he himself probably never left the state of Indiana. We will know by weeks end who the hire is. Tressel or Pete Carmichael are my two picks! Go Colts!

Because the Sarasota airport caters more to private jets than Tampa International.

I have my doubts about that - there are not more private jet friendly airports in the Tampa metro area than one an hour south? But the ultimate point is there are a very select few people who know the reason why his plane was in the area and none of them are on on this board.

If you are watching players at the EW game, you don't make two trips. You simply would fly down, watch the game and come home to Indy. Someone was brought to Indy. Irsay probably didn't go anywhere. He met whom ever with Ryan at their office in Indy and he isn't lying because he himself probably never left the state of Indiana. We will know by weeks end who the hire is. Tressel or Pete Carmichael are my two picks! Go Colts!

Could be. But, when there are multiple things going on, you do fly some where check out what you need tro check out, fly somewhere else do your thing there and fly back.

I have my doubts about that - there are not more private jet friendly airports in the Tampa metro area than one an hour south? But the ultimate point is there are a very select few people who know the reason why his plane was in the area and none of them are on on this board.

When I go to Florida with Biff, Buffy and Hank we always go to Sarasota, we land, there is a limo waiting for us and guys who run next to the airplane to unload our luggage before the plane even stops moving. You don't get that type of service in Tampa.

I agree, that is why I was throwing other possibilities out. Not because I think that is what happened just because they are as likely as anything else.

Wrong. I know but I'm not telling......

When I go to Florida with Biff, Buffy and Hank we always go to Sarasota, we land, there is a limo waiting for us and guys who run next to the airplane to unload our luggage before the plane even stops moving. You don't get that type of service in Tampa.

we'll be waiting for the four of you on the veranda with cocktails ready. have a safe trip!