Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN shows a troublesome Colts drafting trend...

Douzer

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

2012 was Chapman and Fugger

2013 was Werner, Hughes and Boyett

2014 was Newsome and that ILB, his name escapes me right now. 

Cant remember beforw that.

Andrew Jackson

20 minutes ago, K-148 said:

So the Colts drafted D in later rounds. Werner was a 1st rounder, other players were 5-7th rounders. And why Davis is not listed as a def pick still on roster?

Davis was a trade not a pick

ESPN? well lets take a look. I am curious as to how many ESPN employees have season tickets or are catered at Foxborough? It's only 119 mile away with less than a two hour drive. ESPN has had a problem with the Colts since "we" turned in the Patriots for their problems with deflatgate. "We" cast them in a bad light and cost them a lot of money. Not to mentioned put a bad light on their God like Brady. We all know what the problems we have with our owner but see the good with the bad. They don't. They go out of their way to make the Colts and Jim look bad in any way they can. What once was a leader in the sports world has become face time for ESPN announcers. It's who can come up with the new catch phrase on air to them.

Definitely think our focus will be much more weighted towards defense in the near future if this OLINE works out. However, you can skew the perception of any set of data pretty easily with a few side facts left out. Just saying...

30 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

Sobering indeed. But last year's draft was good imo, and this one could be as well.

Yeah, I agree. The corner has been turned perhaps and a new trend is forming. There's a lot to like about the last two years!

56 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Definitely think our focus will be much more weighted towards defense in the near future if this OLINE works out. However, you can skew the perception of any set of data pretty easily with a few side facts left out. Just saying...

Agreed. Like ESPN not having all the real facts? :scratch:

15 minutes ago, GOT AN O-LINE said:

whats so shocking? a large percentage of college players drafted can never cut it in the nfl. the nfl is a lot different that college. this why I like trading draft picks for proven nfl talent

You *can* do that, but you have to be cap smart or you'll end up cap strapped.

Even if you do pick up a rent-a-player you still gave to hit on your draft picks.  Not doing so forces you to rely on FA and your team gets old really quickly.  Hopefully Grigs is getting better.  Last year's draft was pretty good in my opinion.  This year has a few projects..

24 minutes ago, GOT AN O-LINE said:

whats so shocking? a large percentage of college players drafted can never cut it in the nfl. the nfl is a lot different that college. this why I like trading draft picks for proven nfl talent

Hard for me to understand that comment because 95% or higher of the NFL players come out of college. With the rookie cap in place teams need college players to fill the rosters. If you traded your picks for proven veterans teams would run out of cap space. Maybe in a special circumstance but not in general.

21 minutes ago, GOT AN O-LINE said:

The drafting strategy was trash is the point they're making there were better players to be drafted instead they picked up some unproven talent

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

This^ I think with better players/play from our line backing Corp, the "D" will come into their own. Can't underestimate the fact we seem to have better coaches in place to grow/succeed with. Here's to hoping for a great run!

This seems like cherry picking to me....

5 of 12 picks on defense since 2012 are still on the roster and most of the picks on D have been in the later rounds...

That's not really a bad track record... I guarantee that I can take a look at any team's drafts since then and find late round guys that washed out. Werner was really the only egregious pick in that group and he was considered a great value by most until he wasn't anymore.

Anyone who considers Hughes, Fugger, Jackson, or Newsome to be busts doesn't understand what a bust is...

11 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

This seems like cherry picking to me....

5 of 12 picks on defense since 2012 are still on the roster and most of the picks on D have been in the later rounds...

That's not really a bad track record... I guarantee that I can take a look at any team's drafts since then and find late round guys that washed out. Werner was really the only egregious pick in that group and he was considered a great value by most until he wasn't anymore.

Anyone who considers Hughes, Fugger, Jackson, or Newsome to be busts doesn't understand what a bust is...

That is exactly what it is IMO. Pretty much anything ESPN can come up with against the Colts is their standard procedure IMO.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

ESPN? well lets take a look. I am curious as to how many ESPN employees have season tickets or are catered at Foxborough? It's only 119 mile away with less than a two hour drive. ESPN has had a problem with the Colts since "we" turned in the Patriots for their problems with deflatgate. "We" cast them in a bad light and cost them a lot of money. Not to mentioned put a bad light on their God like Brady. We all know what the problems we have with our owner but see the good with the bad. They don't. They go out of their way to make the Colts and Jim look bad in any way they can. What once was a leader in the sports world has become face time for ESPN announcers. It's who can come up with the new catch phrase on air to them.

They simply stated a fact,  not an opinion.

There is nothing to argue with.     The fact that you don't like the fact is your problem,  not there's.

This has NOTHING to do with "Deflategate" and if you don't know that,  you sure should.

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

They simply stated a fact,  not an opinion.

There is nothing to argue with.     The fact that you don't like the fact is your problem,  not there's.

This has NOTHING to do with "Deflategate" and if you don't know that,  you sure should.

That is my opinion of ESPN. I have been watching them since day one. They are no longer a network who reports sports without their opinions added. They turn every show into a personality competition. They have turn most of their programing into point counter point argumentative broadcasting. The only thought provoking show they have is 30 for 30. What I said about the east coast bias and their man love for Brady and the Patriots is there regardless if you don't think so IMO.

48 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is my opinion of ESPN. I have been watching them since day one. They are no longer a network who reports sports without their opinions added. They turn every show into a personality competition. They have turn most of their programing into point counter point argumentative broadcasting. The only thought provoking show they have is 30 for 30. What I said about the east coast bias and their man love for Brady and the Patriots is there regardless if you don't think so IMO.

Well.....    leave it to you to go off as ESPN states a fact,  NOT an opinion.

When you decide ESPN is nail and you're the hammer,   then everything ESPN does is going to look like a nail.

Even those things they do that are clearly facts.      Like today's tweet.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well.....    leave it to you to go off as ESPN states a fact,  NOT an opinion.

When you decide ESPN is nail and you're the hammer,   then everything ESPN does is going to look like a nail.

Even those things they do that are clearly facts.      Like today's tweet.

I stated my opinion about ESPN. Their facts have nothing to do with my opinion. Is that a no no in this forum?

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I stated my opinion about ESPN. Their facts have nothing to do with my opinion. Is that a no no in this forum?

I'm talking about your initial reaction to the tweet.

It shouldn't have set you off --- but it did.      And that's my point.

When you HATE ESPN,  then everything they do is going to set you off,  even if all they're doing is stating facts like they did in the tweet.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm talking about your initial reaction to the tweet.

It shouldn't have set you off --- but it did.      And that's my point.

When you HATE ESPN,  then everything they do is going to set you off,  even if all they're doing is stating facts like they did in the tweet.

I will keep that in mind next time you state your opinion that don't please everyone in here. You used the word hate when the right word be dislike. Why is it big deal to you for me to voice my opinion and it becomes your point?

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I will keep that in mind next time you state your opinion that don't please everyone in here. You used the word hate when the right word be dislike. Why is it big deal to you for me to voice my opinion and it becomes your point?

Because the fact was correct.     There was no bad journalism involved here.    They simply stated a fact.

There is tons and tons of HATE for ESPN on this website.     And most of it,  it badly thought through.

I don't care if you dump on them for crap that they do.....    I don't like "First Take" either.   And I hate Skip Bayless and I'm thrilled he's leaving.        But they do plenty of good stuff which goes unnoticed here.....

I try to save being angry for legitimate issues and not fabricated ones.

38 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because the fact was correct.     There was no bad journalism involved here.    They simply stated a fact.

There is tons and tons of HATE for ESPN on this website.     And most of it,  it badly thought through.

I don't care if you dump on them for crap that they do.....    I don't like "First Take" either.   And I hate Skip Bayless and I'm thrilled he's leaving.        But they do plenty of good stuff which goes unnoticed here.....

I try to save being angry for legitimate issues and not fabricated ones.

I guess you missed the part where I said facts don't matter to me? You like ESPN? Fine, that's your choice. Now I really don't have anything else to say to you on the matter. Now if you feel you need to have the last word go ahead and say what you have to say.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess you missed the part where I said facts don't matter to me? You like ESPN? Fine, that's your choice. Now I really don't have anything else to say to you on the matter. Now if you feel you need to have the last word go ahead and say what you have to say.

Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.     And there are few people on this website who love to argue more than you.

Let's try to ignore each other as much as possible,  shall we?

How's that for the last word?!?

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is exactly what it is IMO. Pretty much anything ESPN can come up with against the Colts is their standard procedure IMO.

All they did was list a fact that me or you could come up with. There isn't any foul play going on here when the data is black and white.

11 hours ago, GOT AN O-LINE said:

Kinda shows if you ignore in the draft the defense you probably won't have a good defense lol.

11 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

All they did was list a fact that me or you could come up with. There isn't any foul play going on here when the data is black and white.

ESPN factual statement is not what I was talking about. I was talking about ESPN and my opinion of them in general.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.     And there are few people on this website who love to argue more than you.

Let's try to ignore each other as much as possible,  shall we?

How's that for the last word?!?

Wow? Ignore each other as much as possible? All because we have different opinions about ESPN? You make grudges so easy?

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

ESPN factual statement is not what I was talking about. I was talking about ESPN and my opinion of them in general.

I still don't think they're haters though. Skip Bayless was the only real Colts hater. He would find a way make any conversation about the Colts about Luck and turning the ball over.

ESPN is a joke network, but they've never shown any particular vendetta against any time. But they do have/had obsessions with certain athletes like Lebron, RGIII, Manziel, Curry, etc...