Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Norman now an unrestricted FA (Merged)

Bravo

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun fact. 

Josh Normans favorite team growing up was the Colts and his favorite player was Bob Sanders. He said he always wanted to play for the Colts. He said all of this when talking about playing Peyton in the SuperBowl.

Obviously not going to happen. Just a quick fun fact for ya.

1 minute ago, bravo4460 said:

Fun fact. 

Josh Normans favorite team growing up was the Colts and his favorite player was Bob Sanders. He said he always wanted to play for the Colts. He said all of this when talking about playing Peyton in the SuperBowl.

Would be funny if he takes a low contract to play for them....

However I'm not gonna be surprised if there's more than money behind this issue

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Would be funny if he takes a low contract to play for them....

However I'm not gonna be surprised if there's more than money behind this issue

Possibly but I think this is more about janoris Jenkins getting over 12 million and Norman being way way better and probably looking at 15-16 million and panthers system not putting a big value on corner. I mean look at the other guys playing corner this year for them....they have a lot of other players to pay. I'd imagine teams with big cap space like Oakland and Jacksonville will be quick to jump on him.

It would be Madden like to pair him with Vontae but our issue is we still have no one to get after the qb and we couldn't stop Gronk before and now NE has Bennett too...so I don't think this would get us past NE regardless but yes it would be fun to imagine....well for a day...I doubt he is still available by tomorrow night.

""After a number of conversations with Josh's agent we realized that a long-term deal was not attainable," general manager Dave Gettleman said in a statement. "We have decided to rescind the franchise tag freeing Josh to immediately become a UFA. We thank Josh for all his contributions and truly wish him well."

This quote is taken from an article on NFL.com. Here's the link:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000654674/article/panthers-rescind-franchise-tag-on-josh-norman

Jesus, what I highlighted sounds like a divorce or professional separation. Josh is a top tier corner. You don't just let him walk out the door man. 

This is why IMO...

https://youtu.be/TvomFmTghMg

You can't teach this. It's a darn gift.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It would be Madden like to pair him with Vontae but our issue is we still have no one to get after the qb and we couldn't stop Gronk before and now NE has Bennett too...so I don't think this would get us past NE regardless but yes it would be fun to imagine....well for a day...I doubt he is still available by tomorrow night.

We will Draft a Pass Rusher or 2. If Grigs really wants to make a splash and get on everyone's good side he has to go for it here. Norman is the best CB in the league so it's not like he is going to turn into Trent Richardson.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will Draft a Pass Rusher or 2. If Grigs really wants to make a splash and get on everyone's good side he has to go for it here. Norman is the best CB in the league so it's not like he is going to turn into Trent Richardson.

He is no Trent....but I wouldn't say he is the best. You also have to wonder how that would sit with vontae to see us overpay for someone at his position. i doubt we can sign josh and get the Luck deal done and continue to upgrade this roster that needs a ton of help in the next couple years. Grigs took his shot last year...I think he is going to take a more patient approach after the massive moves the last few years to overhaul the roster to win now.

24 minutes ago, MTC said:

Nope. He's just very spoiled and wants a lot more money (like $13 million isn't enough). 

It's a business.    He wants to get paid.    Nothing spoiled about it.    They have to make the money while they can

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Is it annoying when teams cut players who are under contract?

Yep. I don't know why people feel that way. We are allowed to change companies in our life. He played out his contract he didn't have to sign a new one. I don't see Nfl teams take care of broke athletes who were loyal to them. No loyalty with the teams it's a business. They don't value him and he valued himself rightfully so compared to what others are getting more. Now he can go get it. This is just business but fans need to realize this isn't a game....it's these guys lives...and they are entitled to live it the way they choose and don't owe us a thing. I know they make millions but they put their bodies on the line to entertain us and we don't own them. To me if it is as obvious as they are making this out then this is the right move for both sides.

1 hour ago, bravo4460 said:

Fun fact. 

Be fun to see him wearing bobs number...didn't realize that. Still not gonna happen but that's cool.