Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Show Strong Interest In RB Terron Beckham After Pro Day

I didn't see a thread of this yet, but if there is, my apologies.

Before I start, no I'm not on the Beckham bandwagon. I hate OBJ almost as much as New England.

Now for those of you who don't know Terron Beckham plays RB and is the cousin of Odell. Just wondered what this board thought of him.

We were listed as a team who visited his outstanding pro day, and had him run through more drills. 

– He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.47 seconds
– He jumped a 44.5-inch vertical
– He had an 11-foot broad jump
– He ran the three-cone drill in 6.80 seconds
– He bench-pressed 225 pounds 36 times

Would've finished 1st among all prospects in vertical/bench if you posted the numbers at the NFL Combine.

According to the USA Today’s Connor Hughes, the Indianapolis Colts expressed significant interest in “running back” Terron Beckham, as the team put him through additional position drills and met with him after his impressive pro day performance on Thursday

http://www.chatsports.com/indianapolis-colts/a/source/report-colts-met-with-rb-terron-beckham-after-pro-day-show-strong-interest-12369735

Seems Athletic but who knows?  Nice size and super strong it seems.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

According to the USA Today’s Connor Hughes, the Indianapolis Colts expressed significant interest in “running back” Terron Beckham, as the team put him through additional position drills and met with him after his impressive pro day performance on Thursday

http://www.chatsports.com/indianapolis-colts/a/source/report-colts-met-with-rb-terron-beckham-after-pro-day-show-strong-interest-12369735

He definitely has the wow factor... Just to make sure I read this correctly, some where else, he didn't play college ball did he?

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Only high school I think

So there isn't much "football" wear and tear on his body, which is good, however I'd hope with all that "muscle" he isn't going to be prone to injury a la Mr. Sanders. However, Chud does like these types of RB's, and I don't think it's going to take a draft pick to get the guy. With such minimal experience he'll probably go undrafted, to which I would easily bring him in.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

14 hours ago, Booker23 said:

I didn't see a thread of this yet, but if there is, my apologies.

Before I start, no I'm not on the Beckham bandwagon. I hate OBJ almost as much as New England.

Now for those of you who don't know Terron Beckham plays RB and is the cousin of Odell. Just wondered what this board thought of him.

We were listed as a team who visited his outstanding pro day, and had him run through more drills. 

– He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.47 seconds
– He jumped a 44.5-inch vertical
– He had an 11-foot broad jump
– He ran the three-cone drill in 6.80 seconds
– He bench-pressed 225 pounds 36 times

Would've finished 1st among all prospects in vertical/bench if you posted the numbers at the NFL Combine.

Merged your threads

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

If we draft him, I hope it's with our 7,  and nothing more.      I'd be even happier if he was an UDFA.

He isn't draft eligible.   The Colts,   or any other team can sign him right now if they wanted to

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He isn't draft eligible.   The Colts,   or any other team can sign him right now if they wanted to

Many thanks!

Always appreciate good 411....

I'd be interested in him even for only goal line situations and 3rd/4th and short situations as well.    He feels like he'll be a load to bring down.

Then it will be interesting to see if we invest in the young man.     He certainly "feels" like a typical Grigson project.....     Guess we'll find out....

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Many thanks!

Then it will be interesting to see if we invest in the young man.     He certainly "feels" like a typical Grigson project.....     Guess we'll find out....

Physical freak for sure.   Could take adongos spot on the PS

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Many thanks!

I'd be interested in him even for only goal line situations and 3rd/4th and short situations as well.  He feels like he'll be a load to bring down.

Yep. Sure wouldn't mind seeing a punishing, stout, agile RB who can be relied upon consistently to pick up short yardage. Especially, goal line/3rd4th downs.

31 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If that is indeed the case then knowing Grigs we'll be seeing a roster update in the next couple of days if the interest is real.

2 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Yep. Sure wouldn't mind seeing a punishing, stout, agile RB who can be relied upon consistently to pick up short yardage. Especially, goal line/3rd4th downs.

Who could then get suspended for PED violation!!!!

Ha, just kidding, jokes all around...

25 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

There is no way that dude is not on PED's.

He is ripped like Landry I'll say that.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for right now because I saw Heath Evans bench press 225lbs 38 times on NFL Network so it's possible I suppose.

Jesus people just because someone is muscular doesn't mean they're juicing. He's been a body builder/powerlifting for years. With his gifted genetics in his family and his training regimen, his physique is absolutely attainable without PEDs. Stop jumping to conclusions. As for him as a player, I'd love to bring him on and see what he's got.   

15 hours ago, Seanmac90 said:

Jesus people just because someone is muscular doesn't mean they're juicing. He's been a body builder/powerlifting for years. With his gifted genetics in his family and his training regimen, his physique is absolutely attainable without PEDs. Stop jumping to conclusions. As for him as a player, I'd love to bring him on and see what he's got.   

More than likely he is taking supplements that are banned in the NFL but are legal to purchase from GNC

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

More than likely he is taking supplements that are banned in the NFL but are legal to purchase from GNC

Have you any link to back your comment up? I do agree that most work out freaks take supplements but how and why do you draw the conclusion he has taken any banned substances? There are a few supplements that are legal. I done some checking around and I couldn't find any negative issues with him.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Have you any link to back your comment up? I do agree that most work out freaks take supplements but how and why do you draw the conclusion he has taken any banned substances? There are a few supplements that are legal. I done some checking around and I couldn't find any negative issues with him.

He is an athletic trainer.   I'm sure he has taken things that are perfectly legal but banned by the NFL.  I know tons of people that do,  and they aren't anywhere near this kids league.  Not a big deal if he does,   he just won't be able to if he signs to a team

29 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He is an athletic trainer.   I'm sure he has taken things that are perfectly legal but banned by the NFL.  I know tons of people that do,  and they aren't anywhere near this kids league.  Not a big deal if he does,   he just won't be able to if he signs to a team

He has put in the time and effort that's for sure. Dude is a beast.