Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns sign RG III to contract

Not a Browns fan at all, but I think it's a good signing--I did read where one scout was quoted as saying he felt sorry for any franchise that needed to draft a QB this year (I assume he believes that Wentz and Goff are the best of a very bad group).  Yes, the Browns is where you go to kill your career, but they have totally changed their management, so maybe they will be able to turn things around--nobody outside Cleveland expects them to do any good, so they can start a complete rebuild.  If I were them I would draft either Tunsil or Stanley (depends on who Titans draft).  Wouldn't be surprised if a Center becomes their 2nd pick

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I won't be shocked if hue Jackson can revive him somewhat.    But imo, he will never be a stay in the pocket and make multiple reads QB.  One read,  run

Doesn't have to be. 1-2 reads or run and slide. But he's doomed, Browns best wr don't seem to want to play and they could lose Joe Thomas

16 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Doesn't have to be. 1-2 reads or run and slide. But he's doomed, Browns best wr don't seem to want to play and they could lose Joe Thomas

If they trade thomas,  they will be asking a kings ransom.  I don't see it happening 

11 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If they trade thomas,  they will be asking a kings ransom.  I don't see it happening 

I thought he opted out of the rest of the deal and was a FA, I see he isn't now. The Broncos offered a 2017 1st rounder and 2016 2nd rounder for Thomas and a 3rd round pick, Browns only offered Thomas and a 5th rounder

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Y'all know this is gonna be a disaster right? I cant believe the guys on Sports Center this morning were saying they think he can do "fine" in Cleveland. But man. Look at how bad Cleveland's screwed up with their 1st round draft picks the last few years. Including a 2 for 1 special in 2012, that led to them screwing us, only for them to screw themselves.......Again. LOL.

Trent Richardson

Brandon Weeden

Barkevious Mingo

Johnny Manziel

Justin Gilbert......?????

But with all that said. I think they best draft one of Wentz or Goff at number 2. Those 2 kids can be franchise QB's and have the potential to finally right the wrong that has been the Cleveland Browns. But with the Browns being........ "Tha" Browns, their likely to believe in RGBust to be their future and draft Derrick Henry number 2. overall. I cant even imagine how the Browns fan base must feel knowing they could be one of the best teams in the NFL had they just drafted "right" and kept their own guys like Mack, Schwartz, Benjamin, Cameron, etc. LOL. That team could literally be the Seahawks right now.

Russell Wilson

Odell Beckham

Sheldon Richardson

Tyrann Mathieu

Luke Kuechly

Harrison Smith

Mo Wilkerson

Justin Houston

Richard Sherman

etc, etc, etc.

Almost every team could have all but two of those guys. 

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

It was already dead

This is going to sound selfish but I am so glad he didn't go to Denver. I think if he goes there he would've had an opportunity to succeed with the Defense they have. I just went through hell in Andrew's/RG3's rookie season dealing with tons of Trolls regarding who was better, etc.. I don't care to hear from any RG3 fans the rest of my life haha. I don't wish anything bad to RG3 but it wont bother me a bit if he keeps stinking it up.

3 minutes ago, jim scheurich said:

YEP, really I think their due. Hope RG3 works out!!

Seems the best anyone can do as a Browns fan is hope. The organization needs a major overhaul. They've made some recent changes. But, I think many more are required to get that franchise turned around.

1 minute ago, ColtRider said:

Seems the best anyone can do as a Browns fan is hope. The organization needs a major overhaul. They've made some recent changes. But, I think many more are required to get that franchise turned around.

RG3 had a much better team in Washington, I just cant see him doing much in Cleveland. I will say this, he is better than Johnny but who isn't?

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Why in the world would the Browns sign a QB that doesn't have what it takes to play in the NFL

Question of the day haha. I definitely cant see RG3 doing much in Cleveland. He would need a stacked team at this point to do much IMO. In Denver he could've maybe had Tebow like success because of their stacked Defense putting him in great situations but in Cleveland it wouldn't shock me if he isn't injured by Week 3.

4 minutes ago, jim scheurich said:

Damn man have some mercy!!

The funny thing is, RGIII is so bad that I don't know if he'd be better than a 1st round QB or not. So maybe they got a good deal, or maybe not. He was done in Washington, but IMO, the Redskins will be a better team in 3 years, and RGIII is now back to the point where he started in 2012 on the Redskins, just on the Browns. Will be a fun ride for Browns fans.

1 hour ago, ColtRider said:

Their organisation has had a major overhaul, and with it a change of direction.

11 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Y'all know this is gonna be a disaster right? I cant believe the guys on Sports Center this morning were saying they think he can do "fine" in Cleveland. But man. Look at how bad Cleveland's screwed up with their 1st round draft picks the last few years. Including a 2 for 1 special in 2012, that led to them screwing us, only for them to screw themselves.......Again. LOL.

Trent Richardson

Brandon Weeden

Barkevious Mingo

Johnny Manziel

Justin Gilbert......?????

But with all that said. I think they best draft one of Wentz or Goff at number 2. Those 2 kids can be franchise QB's and have the potential to finally right the wrong that has been the Cleveland Browns. But with the Browns being........ "Tha" Browns, their likely to believe in RGBust to be their future and draft Derrick Henry number 2. overall. I cant even imagine how the Browns fan base must feel knowing they could be one of the best teams in the NFL had they just drafted "right" and kept their own guys like Mack, Schwartz, Benjamin, Cameron, etc. LOL. That team could literally be the Seahawks right now.

Russell Wilson

Odell Beckham

Sheldon Richardson

Tyrann Mathieu

Luke Kuechly

Harrison Smith

Mo Wilkerson

Justin Houston

Richard Sherman

etc, etc, etc.

In all fairness using hindsight to make a point makes it less impressive. I know they bombed but just saying.

I don't think its necessarily a bad move for either him or the browns. The north is going to beat up on itself like it always does, I'm not sold on cinny, don't think the ravens are that good and you could have another season where ben goes down for a few games, 9 n 7 could win that division. You know the browns are going to have a cushy schedule, so I'd trade down out of the 2nd pick and load up as much as possible, draft everything but a qb  and hope for the best. If RG3 plays well, yay, and if not you've upgraded your team with solid young talent and look for a qb next year in free agency or the draft but I would not by any means reach for another qb in the first ever again. You can still win a championship with a Trent Dilfer/Alex Smith type qb in my opinion,espically in the north, just got to build a solid team to support him.

I think Cleveland is a bad place for RG3 to go. He is looking to revive his career but I think they are going to throw Wentz in the fire just like Luck, Griffin, and Russell Wilson. Griffin will be riding the pine for most of the year unless an injury occurs or Wentz is pure D awful.

RG3 if he can get back to rookie form he will be okay in clevland.  I think Hue Jackson will get the best out of him.  you know what I hated RG3 for a while they kept talking him up over my QB Luck.  But now I hope the guy does good and give clevland a fighting chance at a 8-8 record.  

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:32 PM, DougDew said:

Why in the world would the Browns sign a QB that doesn't have what it takes to play in the NFL

Oh...I just realized that it is Hue Jackson that is giving him the second chance.  Probably sought the advice of Tony Dungy.  Go figure.