Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What the heck happened?

WoolMagnet

I have been coming here for years. Have witnessed the highs and the lows of this franchise AND this forum.

but NEVER, NEVER, have i witnesses such ridiculous, short-sighted and overall end-of-the-world type negative attitudes. (I'm guily sometimes too)

Its football.

what happened?  I'm starting to think some New England fans  snuck some "stupid" into our coffee.

seriously, what happened?

is it a result of the success of the Manning days? Do we EXPECT it now?  Maybe thats why NE fans are always so grouchy. Are we still mourning the loss of Peyton and his recent success puts salt on the wound?

something's up.  Its different.  Its more negative than after 2011 i think.

irsay , grigs, coach, etc can do no right.  I don't get it. Something's different now.

9 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I have been coming here for years. Have witnessed the highs and the lows of this franchise AND this forum.

but NEVER, NEVER, have i witnesses such ridiculous, short-sighted and overall end-of-the-world type negative attitudes. (I'm guily sometimes too)

Its football.

what happened?  I'm starting to think some New England fans  snuck some "stupid" into our coffee.

is it a result of the success of the Manning days? Do we EXPECT it now?  Maybe thats why NE fans are always so grouchy. Are we still mourning the loss of Peyton and his recent success puts salt on the wound?

irsay , grigs, coach, etc can do no right.  I don't get it. Something's different now.

It's all that flouride in the drinking water!

:D

Maybe it's because when we first got Peyton, and had our first taste of actual success, the amount of negativity was probably very low because people were just happy that we became a good team. But throughout the Manning years, and into the Luck era, where winning is now not only expected, but basically a forgone conclusion (at least in the regular season), people don't have the same level of patience they previously had. Colts fans expect results, and they want to see the team do more with its generational talent.

But what do I know. I only joined this forum like two seasons ago, so I might be completely wrong lol. haha Just a thought

As much as I love Grigson's drafting (because we agree on picks), I don't trust him one bit in free agency. He doesn't seem to have a set formula, and he really has little to no idea what he's doing there. All of his work in FA and the draft has left gigantic holes in the pass rush and O-Line, and when there's no end in sight it gets a little depressing. Also, watching that Broncos pass rush with Von Miller in the playoffs and SB made me think "OMG, is that what it's like to get to the QB?" We should feel better now that FA is coming around and new talent will be acquired, but there's only a feeling of emptiness from me and it's why I took a little break from the forum to watch baseball. Hopefully I'll get proven wrong tomorrow and the following days somehow.

I am new to the forum, but I have to agree.  The amount of negativity surprises me.  I know it's fun trying to play GM and guessing the moves you would make but they are in a much better position to try and build a super bowl team than any of us.  I am not saying all of their moves turn out to be the right ones  but what they are trying to do is not easy for anyone.   The tone is more attacking than I was expecting.  Critiquing is fun and interesting but attacking our front office is disappointing to me.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Its football.

YES! Preach!

Not everyone is going to like every signing.  There are going to be critics.  Just because some (or a lot) of people don't like some of the moves we make, doesn't mean we're all doom-and-gloom, negative people.  We all want the same thing, and that's for the Colts to win.  But we're free to say if we like or don't like moves.  Not a huge deal.  Just because we are all Colts fans, doesn't mean we have to like every move the Colts make.

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

A little too upset if you ask me.

I don't think Allen was too bad. A slight overpay, but we kept the right TE, and that's what's important. I was hoping Cole would be cut, but now seeing how aren't keeping Werner, it makes a bit more sense. I'm waiting til free agency tomorrow to make any big judgments. 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I don't think Allen was too bad. A slight overpay, but we kept the right TE, and that's what's important. I was hoping Cole would be cut, but now seeing how aren't keeping Werner, it makes a bit more sense. I'm waiting til free agency tomorrow to make any big judgments. 

I like your thought process... Alot of people are forgetting if we cut cole it would have been around 5m in dead cap space if im correct.

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Not everyone is going to like every signing.  There are going to be critics.  Just because some (or a lot) of people don't like some of the moves we make, doesn't mean we're all doom-and-gloom, negative people.  We all want the same thing, and that's for the Colts to win.  But we're free to say if we like or don't like moves.  Not a huge deal.  Just because we are all Colts fans, doesn't mean we have to like every move the Colts make.

That's basically it in a nutshell.

Internet culture has something to do with it, I'm sure.

I also think that the numerous years of winning and having consistent success have led us to have a certain mindset -- we win.

However, now we are seeing some decisions made that make us questions this, (Horrible O-line 4 years and counting, signing aged veterans, 1-year rent-a-receiver, letting talent (Fleener) walk out the door, failed 1st round draft, (Werner, T-Rich trade etc...). Meanwhile, we see teams like the Texans with great defense who are just missing a QB, and even the Jaguars with very good offense and a ton of cap space, improving their defense. 

The negativity is a direct result of a ship that appears to be slowly sinking.....I would love to be all positive, (knowing that we have Luck and that anything can happen) but objectively, it appears that we are in for a struggle.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Hey Crazy one! How's it been here the last couple weeks? I'm sure people were mad at the signings that happened.

What's up JC?  Haven't seen you in a while. Yes, It's been crazy negative the last week or so. I have no explanation for it but we will get through it. :D

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

What's up JC?  Haven't seen you in a while. Yes, It's been crazy negative the last week or so. I have no explanation for it but we will get through it. :D

Yeah, I checked out some combines, then looked at spring training baseball. Free agency is tomorrow, so it's time to get back into football already! I'm just hoping for some sort of good signing. Not really sure what to expect this year and I've tried to keep it that way.

2 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I must add to this....all this "ado" occurred over a re-signing, a salary decrease and speculation over a player who MAY be in Indy's plans? I can't imagine how it is going to be once actual UFA starts at 4:00PM tomorrow!

Might be time to go fishing for a few days?

I must add to this....all this "ado" occurred over a re-signing, a salary decrease and speculation over a player who MAY be in Indy's plans? I can't imagine how it is going to be once actual UFA starts at 4:00PM tomorrow!

Maybe the forum will crash again from everyone crying.

It'll go something like: We didn't sign Bruce Irvin? Grigson should be fired! We also didn't sign Mitchell Schwartz!? Now our tackle postion stinks, what is this front office thinking? On and on etc...

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

It'll go something like: We didn't sign Bruce Irvin? Grigson should be fired! We also didn't sign Mitchell Schwartz!? Now our tackle postion stinks, what is this front office thinking? On and on etc...

Good to see you Jared...keep that dream alive man! I would like your post but all out!

Just now, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Good to see you Jared...keep that dream alive man! I would like your post but all out!

Thanks Rifle. Lets just hope for the best in who we sign. I don't care about people getting mad, everyone's going to dislike something, I just want to get a couple solid players. In fact, I'll overreact as well, it intially stings when a player you covet goes to another team. Just have to get over the initial shock and hope to get someone else.

34 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I must add to this....all this "ado" occurred over a re-signing, a salary decrease and speculation over a player who MAY be in Indy's plans? I can't imagine how it is going to be once actual UFA starts at 4:00PM tomorrow?!

And they laughed at me when I built my bomb shelter back in the '60s.

Who's laughing now......?

Just now, buccolts said:

Just now, buccolts said:

Lol, out of likes man! I believe this reply is worthy of at least two!