Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam didn't dive for the fumble because he didnt want to risk injury.

Dustin

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I will say this based off that NFL Network video clip that Chad72 posted...It's not a good look how indifferent Cam's demeanor & tone is regarding his failure to retrieve the fumble. It's also not smart to say that the Panthers didn't lose the game over that play. Actually, you kind of did. 

Also, the last thing Carolina fans wanna hear is your disinterested attitude over your failure Cam to acknowledge in hindsight that you wish you could have that play back. This is even worse than walking off the SB stage because it sends a message to your fan base that success as a team isn't your top priority. OUCH. 

Look, here's what Cam should have said: "This game comes down to a few essential plays & that was 1 of them that I should have capitalized on & didn't. I should have gone after the ball. That's on me & I'm sorry Panthers Nation. Maybe I was scared. Maybe it just happened so fast it bewildered me & took me out of my comfort zone along with Von Miller's tremendous speed. If we ever play in a SB again, I can promise you that I will lunge for the ball & not worry about wrecking my body. I screwed up. I caused this momentum swing. It's on me." 

Cam's laissez faire demeanor is just a bad look. Maybe he's just exhausted from all the heat he is getting & he figures I'm darned no matter what I do in the media's eyes. 

Not a good impression Cam. You have a ton of damage control to do & you're not doing yourself any favors coming across as I don't care & only I am my coaches & teammates know the truth. 

Everytime he opens his mouth he is making it worse.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Randy White also played with a broken arm in a SB, he even had a cast on LOL.

Cams teammate played with a broken arm...I'm a little stunned he would say that..

....that is not something I thought Id ever hear about a player in the Super Bowl..

..and its shocking coming from Ca,  a physical player...

I think the entire Super Bowl experience just got to him

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Everytime he opens his mouth he is making it worse.

Ah huh. He does. Not only that he is making me look like a bigger jack caboose for trying to downplay his SB walk off now. I still like Cam & think he has the tools to be a superstar in this league. 

If only he would put on display 1 speck of humility recognizing that he needs to tone it down a notch. I'm not asking the man to undergo a personality transplant because you need confidence & a thick skin to play this game at an elite level. He just needs to learn when to be gracious & take his lumps. 

Did anyone catch his non-aplogy presser about why he was being a sore loser?  Omg this guy has some serious nerve.  Basically saying that's who he is,  that he's not sorry and I quote 

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." 

This dude just keeps sinking.  All the radio talking heads were trying to give him an out by saying that if he would just apologize and admit he handled it v that all would be forgiven.  And he still fails. 

Just now, Narcosys said:

Did anyone catch his non-aplogy presser about why he was being a sore loser?  Omg this guy has some serious nerve.  Basically saying that's who he is,  that he's not sorry and I quote 

This dude just keeps sinking.  All the radio talking heads were trying to give him an out by saying that if he would just apologize and admit he handled it v that all would be forgiven.  And he still fails. 

Mean Yoda speaks the truth. He is making things worse when he speaks. He should just go fishing somewhere away from everyone with a good bottle of whiskey and avoid the media at this point because they the media will keep poking him to say silly stuff.

16 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Heard about it on Rome this morning.  Just saw the actual interview -

I was all for being emotional after a SB loss -

but that non-apology was so arrogant - worse than the actual first post-interview IMO.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mean Yoda speaks the truth. He is making things worse when he speaks. He should just go fishing somewhere away from everyone with a good bottle of whiskey and avoid the media at this point because they the media will keep poking him to say silly stuff.

Yep. It's almost fascinating how the world will collectively say in silence take it nice & slow, show some contrition,  don't pour gasoline on the fire or step into the bear trap, & wham try to avoid inserting his foot into his mouth. 

Maybe going away on holiday would be a good idea for Mr. Newton just to collect his thoughts, regroup, & think before he speaks. He's not dumb just too brazen for his own good. I feel like Cam hasn't processed his team lost yet, as in, he's still in the denial stage of grief yet. 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

Yep. It's almost fascinating how the world will collectively say in silence take it nice & slow, show some contrition,  don't pour gasoline on the fire or step into the bear trap, & wham try to avoid inserting his foot into his mouth. 

Maybe going away on holiday would be a good idea for Mr. Newton just to collect his thoughts, regroup, & think before he speaks. He's not dumb just too brazen for his own good. I feel like Cam hasn't processed his team lost yet, as in, he's still in the denial stage of grief yet. 

If I would've been him, I would've just answered the questions as in we didn't play well, congrats to Denver and Peyton, Peyton is the greatest ever, we will hopefully be back next year, and we have to learn from the loss. Then I would've walked off with a smile and went fishing for 2 weeks out in the country to avoid the media.

38 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Just quoting Vince Lombardi lol

2 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

I know this has happened, but what quarterback do you remember from the past (Not Manziel today) that ruined his career with tantrums...baby-like behavior.  For some reason I am drawing a blank.

Was Jim Plunkett that way before his comeback?

You really don't remember?  I know Ryan Leaf did it, although I'm not sure how much of a career he would have had without the tantrums.

Also, you know I was being sarcastic with the Cam-hater comment don't you?  That was supposed to be a knock on the people who use that when trying to justify Cam's actions, not a knock on people that are tired of his antics.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I would've been him, I would've just answered the questions as in we didn't play well, congrats to Denver and Peyton, Peyton is the greatest ever, we will hopefully be back next year, and we have to learn from the loss. Then I would've walked off with a smile and went fishing for 2 weeks out in the country to avoid the media.

You know what CBE? You do bring up a great point. Give credit & props to the team that won & how long does the losing SB QB have to remain on stage before he can exit the stage gracefully with no negative scrutiny? I've always wondered that. I'm not looking for a scientific study at all. But, just curious what peoples thoughts are on how long Cam should have stayed behind the microphone. 

If Cam had just said "Sorry fellas & ladies of the media, I know you have deadlines to meet. I will give you all 10 minutes & then I have to go because I'm in a daze over what just happened & I can't really tell you why in the hades we lost other than Von Miller & Demarcus Ware. That Broncos defense was incredible too better than advertised. Film doesn't do them justice. Congrats Denver. You earned this Championship." 

If Newton had said that or something similar, there would be no Cam controversy right now. 

I know player contracts stipulate that players must make themselves available to the media according to CBA guidelines. I just wonder how detailed or vague player  commitments are when it comes to media obligations. That's all. I could look it up but I'm not in the mood right now. 

4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Come on give him a break, he's young, he's a competitor. he hates to lose, you're just a Cam haters.

Hey I don't blame him.  Do you remember the movie Misery, the scene which involved the bed and the sledge hammer?  I'm sure similar thoughts were going through Newton's head at that particular point in time.

IMG_1948_zpswcczb3ml.jpg

9 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Hey I don't blame him.  Do you remember the movie Misery, the scene which involved the bed and the sledge hammer?  I'm sure similar thoughts were going through Newton's head at that particular point in time.

IMG_1948_zpswcczb3ml.jpg

That movie still scares the crap out of me M-432. Actress Kathy Bates was 1 of the best cinematic villains of all time. Funny meme picture & slogan there. 

Maybe so...Why introduce an arm into that pile up? Way to play devil's advocate M-432. 

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

That movie still scares the crap out of me M-432. Actress Kathy Bates was 1 of the best cinematic villains of all time. Funny meme picture & slogan there. 

Maybe so...Why introduce an arm into that pile up? Way to play devil's advocate M-432. 

Hah yeah phenominal performance.  I could actually watch that movie now, lol..  I'm not really defending him but can't really personally blame him. That being said I'd expect Luck to make that dive in the biggest stage on the biggest game of his career.  

10 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

IMG_1948_zpswcczb3ml.jpg

Well, except no one had a sledge hammer, nor was he helpless, defenseless and tied to a bed.  If he was worried about his ankle or knee then dive on the ball, ankles and knees don't get hurt very often if they are not planted in the ground.  Heck he had a better chance of breaking ankle as fast as he back-peddled out of there.

The fact is every Superbowl there is a play or two where the QB has to sacrifice his body to make a play to try and win the game.  Cam had his chance and he got out of there as fast as he could and now tries to justify his cowardice.

10 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

5 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Hah yeah phenominal performance.  I could actually watch that movie now, lol..  I'm not really defending him but can't really personally blame him. That being said I'd expect Luck to make that dive in the biggest stage on the biggest game of his career.  

The movie was awesome and Kathy Bates was excellent.  The book was even better as they usually are, but in the movie he was pretty much always scheming and trying to get out, but in the book he had pretty much given up and was resigned to a life in solitude.

10 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

The 1 thing I learned from that picture is this: If a woman tells you she's your #1 fan, run away as fast as your legs can carry you. It sure bets coercion, captivity, & Stockholm Syndrome. haha

Yes, the next time Cam fumbles the ball in a game, I expect him to pounce on that pigskin like his life depended on getting it back. 

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Well, except no one had a sledge hammer, nor was he helpless, defenseless and tied to a bed.  If he was worried about his ankle or knee then dive on the ball, ankles and knees don't get hurt very often if they are not planted in the ground.  Heck he had a better chance of breaking ankle as fast as he back-peddled out of there.

The fact is every Superbowl there is a play or two where the QB has to sacrifice his body to make a play to try and win the game.  Cam had his chance and he got out of there as fast as he could and now tries to justify his cowardice.

Dang it Coffee, why do you have to ruin the fun.  I'm going walk out of this press conference.....er, thread.....

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

The problem is: If you show me a sore loser, they're still a loser.

And his ego seems Trump-sized. He cant handle losing. He's almost always won on the field. He's young.

11 hours ago, southwest1 said:

You know what CBE? You do bring up a great point. Give credit & props to the team that won & how long does the losing SB QB have to remain on stage before he can exit the stage gracefully with no negative scrutiny? I've always wondered that. I'm not looking for a scientific study at all. But, just curious what peoples thoughts are on how long Cam should have stayed behind the microphone. 

If Cam had just said "Sorry fellas & ladies of the media, I know you have deadlines to meet. I will give you all 10 minutes & then I have to go because I'm in a daze over what just happened & I can't really tell you why in the hades we lost other than Von Miller & Demarcus Ware. That Broncos defense was incredible too better than advertised. Film doesn't do them justice. Congrats Denver. You earned this Championship." 

If Newton had said that or something similar, there would be no Cam controversy right now. 

I know player contracts stipulate that players must make themselves available to the media according to CBA guidelines. I just wonder how detailed or vague player  commitments are when it comes to media obligations. That's all. I could look it up but I'm not in the mood right now. 

What's up with you dude?  You chastised me yesterday for saying his behavior was unacceptable and he acted like a cry baby?  Did you run out of Cam Kool-Aid?

Is this the same Cam Newton that gets hammered every game because of his playing style?

Is this the same Cam Newton whose game is running with the ball?

Is this the same Cam newton that dives head first landing on his head in end zones?

If he would have avoided the ball like he did when he was trying to make a team he would have been told to  pack his bag and left the stadium. 

Injuries are part of the game are they not?

"You play to win the game".- Herman Edwards

16 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I will say this based off that NFL Network video clip that Chad72 posted...It's not a good look how indifferent Cam's demeanor & tone is regarding his failure to retrieve the fumble. It's also not smart to say that the Panthers didn't lose the game over that play. Actually, you kind of did. 

Also, the last thing Carolina fans wanna hear is your disinterested attitude over your failure Cam to acknowledge in hindsight that you wish you could have that play back. This is even worse than walking off the SB stage because it sends a message to your fan base that success as a team isn't your top priority. OUCH. 

Look, here's what Cam should have said: "This game comes down to a few essential plays & that was 1 of them that I should have capitalized on & didn't. I should have gone after the ball. That's on me & I'm sorry Panthers Nation. Maybe I was scared. Maybe it just happened so fast it bewildered me & took me out of my comfort zone along with Von Miller's tremendous speed. If we ever play in a SB again, I can promise you that I will lunge for the ball & not worry about wrecking my body. I screwed up. I caused this momentum swing. It's on me." 

Cam's laissez faire demeanor is just a bad look. Maybe he's just exhausted from all the heat he is getting & he figures I'm darned no matter what I do in the media's eyes. 

Not a good impression Cam. You have a ton of damage control to do & you're not doing yourself any favors coming across as I don't care & only I am my coaches & teammates know the truth. 

WOW...just WOW.  Are you serious?  You argue and get angry with RG and bite at me in the other closed Cam thread, and now you post THIS?  THIS is a 360 degree turn so man I just do not know who you are..Mr. Flip...Mr. Flop.

How is he bad now and he was a good kid acting like a baby because he 'wost his wittle SB.'  You said rude things and disrespectful things about a 12 year old kid who handles himself like a leader in public.  He is a leader in his school, and yes with ME by his side in football.  What was wrong with you two nights ago?

I have said I really liked watching Cam during the season.  I abhorred his actions off the field after the SB.  I think he was lame for not taking a dive for a football......

I could highlight your entire post here because you are saying completely opposite from what you said on 2-8-16.  Go back and look.  I am totally at wits ed with your posts.  Heck, I would have liked this 2 days ago...WOW!  Yes I am 'miffed.'

13 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Its things like this that you don't want to see your QB doing. Lacerated kidneys and bruised ribs are the result of trying to do too much...

You don't want to see your punter do it either.....but is great that they do not turn away from a possible TD return...just sayin,