Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam didn't dive for the fumble because he didnt want to risk injury.

Dustin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Yeah, here is a bit more elaborate article about it:

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/cam-newton-explains-why-he-didnt-jump-on-the-fumble-in-super-bowl-50-2016-2

This one is real hard to defend when you have a teammate playing with a broken hand, IMO. But then, you will have folks come here and say "that is who Cam is, that is how he plays, get on board with it..." :)

Von Miller was sure MVP because on both the fumbles that he caused, he was also smart enough to tap the ball out of the congested pocket knowing there will be an outside defender to jump on it. Both ended up with TDs for the Broncos.

It is all about attitude and mindset. I saw similar fumbles forced when these Broncos defenders played for Jack Del Rio but they recovered very few of them because they were not in position to do so. It makes sense to get it outside the pocket mess knowing your defenders are lurking around.

Does anyone remember Jack Youngblood playing for the LA Rams with a broken leg???  It was hard to watch, but he was still cracking heads out there.

One note from the twitter that jumped out at me:

@josephperson lmao so he does flips into the end zone during regular season & can’t dive on a ball in the Super Bowl? He’s an embarrassment

1 minute ago, BrentMc11 said:

Does anyone remember Jack Youngblood playing for the LA Rams with a broken leg???  It was hard to watch, but he was still cracking heads out there.

@josephperson lmao so he does flips into the end zone during regular season & can’t dive on a ball in the Super Bowl? He’s an embarrassment

Randy White also played with a broken arm in a SB, he even had a cast on LOL.

I can only remember that line from Spiderman "with great power comes great responsibility", even if it is not off the field, at least on the field.

I remember watching that game! Tough SOB!

15 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

For clarification. Thats a Panthers reporter correct???

18 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Interesting you've mentioned Youngblood, thinking about some of the main storylines coming from this past SB, I've been reminded of the Rams 'Fearsome Foursome' with guys like Youngblood & Olsen. Guys who were beasts on the field, but who brought a level of integrity to the game off the field... 

All I know is Superman is not afraid of getting injured.

While watching the game I thought there were a lot more bodies around the ball when Cam got there but nope, he was afraid of getting injured by Ware's arm.

Like I said in the other thread that is now locked (probably because of me), I think this game will prove to be the ruin of Cam.  he's has a lot of talent so he will stick in the NFL for a while but he is no longer a leader or the face of the Panthers, let along the face of the NFL.  Unless you want the face of the franchise to be this everytime things don't go his way.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJI7YdmAw7iQaM3q2k0gt

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

While watching the game I thought there were a lot more bodies around the ball when Cam got there but nope, he was afraid of getting injured by Ware's arm.

Like I said in the other thread that is now locked (probably because of me), I think this game will prove to be the ruin of Cam.  he's has a lot of talent so he will stick in the NFL for a while but he is no longer a leader or the face of the Panthers, let along the face of the NFL.  Unless you want the face of the franchise to be this everytime things don't go his way.

Heck, when left in the face of adversity, ole' Kevin McCalister stepped his game up a notch and torched those would-be thieves in proper vaudeville style!!!

5 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Heck, when left in the face of adversity, ole' Kevin McCalister stepped his game up a notch and torched those would-be thieves in proper vaudeville style!!!

Out of likes but that is funny! Classic movie. Yeah Cam went from everyone's cool guy to now being everyone's cry baby. He hasn't handled any thing right after the loss. He has handled everything perfect leading up to the SB. Losing brings out the worse in some people.

10 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I know this has happened, but what quarterback do you remember from the past (Not Manziel today) that ruined his career with tantrums...baby-like behavior.  For some reason I am drawing a blank.

Was Jim Plunkett that way before his comeback?

25 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I am officially deemed as a Cam-Hater just because I think he is a baby......too soon for that comment. :)  

Lol wait till you see the pic of him jacking around standing next to his coach , that had his hand over his heart during National Anthem didn't appear Cam was having any part in it.

2 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I know this has happened, but what quarterback do you remember from the past (Not Manziel today) that ruined his career with tantrums...baby-like behavior.  For some reason I am drawing a blank.

Was Jim Plunkett that way before his comeback?

Cam couldn't carry Plunkett's jock strap. Big Jim won 2 SB's. Once you win 2 you are in an Elite class.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cam couldn't carry Plunkett's jock strap. Big Jim won 2 SB's. Once you win 2 you are in an Elite class.

I wondered if he did not have some issues at one point.  I was amazed how he was able to really shine in the 'big game.'

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol wait till you see the pic of him jacking around standing next to his coach , that had his hand over his heart during National Anthem didn't appear Cam was having any part in it.

I think I was too involved in Ga GA's performance...and heck she looked great for a change!! :)  I did not see Cam.

I wondered if he did not have some issues at one point.  I was amazed how he was able to really shine in the 'big game.'

Yeah he was awesome in big moments. Not to change the subject but that is why I wanted Peyton to get that 2nd Ring so badly because a lot of the media and fans in general don't consider a QB Elite unless they win at least twice. Hard to believe Marino and Kelly never won 1. Tarkenton didn't either.

16 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Why would anyone ever admit that? I get being candid, but good grief.

For cripes sake.....

He didn't say #@!$ about injury. He said his legs were contorted. Allow me to explain what this means to all the fat, lazy loudmouths who cannot be buggered to buy their food from a restaurant without a drive-through.

If your ankle is planted and even just a few degrees in the wrong direction, you cannot leap to the ground without repositioning yourself. These things happen at the speed of lightening. 

camfumble2.0.gif

That's an oblong spheroid (football) which, for anyone that has actually played football, bounces with absolute unpredictability. Cam's legs are planted, he thinks it's going to bounce one way, it went the other way. 

Earlier on;

camdeep.0.gif

He completes the games longest pass while getting absolutely nuked by a defender with a  free rush. Afraid of injury? Get the hell outta here, plebs. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he was awesome in big moments. Not to change the subject but that is why I wanted Peyton to get that 2nd Ring so badly because a lot of the media and fans in general don't consider a QB Elite unless they win at least twice. Hard to believe Marino and Kelly never won 1. Tarkenton didn't either.

Still havnt got my likes back , but good point. Tell me Marino Fouts , were not elites . Id say what planet are you living on. Just didn't have complete teams around them.

6 minutes ago, ruksak said:

For cripes sake.....

He didn't say #@!$ about injury. He said his legs were contorted. Allow me to explain what this means to all the fat, lazy loudmouths who cannot be buggered to buy their food from a restaurant without a drive-through.

If your ankle is planted and even just a few degrees in the wrong direction, you cannot leap to the ground without repositioning yourself. These things happen at the speed of lightening. 

camfumble2.0.gif

That's an oblong spheroid (football) which, for anyone that has actually played football, bounces with absolute unpredictability. Cam's legs are planted, he thinks it's going to bounce one way, it went the other way. 

Earlier on;

camdeep.0.gif

He completes the games longest pass while getting absolutely nuked by a defender with a  free rush. Afraid of injury? Get the hell outta here, plebs. 

This is wrong on so many levels lmaaooooo

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Still havnt got my likes back , but good point. Tell me Marino Fouts , were not elites . Id say what planet are you living on. Just didn't have complete teams around them.

Yeah Marino, Kelly, Fouts, and Moon are Elite but for some reason most people base everything on Rings. Especially Patriots and Steelers fans. I would take Marino over Bradshaw and it's 4-0 Bradshaw. I think Rings are important but so are how great the player is who played the position, carrying a team, Stats, etc..

6 minutes ago, Dustin said:

This is wrong on so many levels lmaaooooo

What is your point?  This is the Super Bowl not a carnival.  Cam Newton is one of the most gifted athletes I have ever seen.  He easily could have gotten this football.  He is bigger than almost anyone jumping in the pile.

Contorted legs...Whatever Ruk.  

@Dustin I quoted Ruk and it was you as recipient.  I apologize.