Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Happy for Peyton.

AlanNC

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they mentioned pregame that Peyton was 3-1 vs Patriots in conference championship games.  Today's win would make it 4-1.  Kind of puts to rest the talk that Brady is so much more clutch.  I mean, yeah Brady is one of the most clutch QBs of all time, but vs Manning in conference championships, Manning has Brady's number. 

Edit: further digging ... I think he is NOW 3-1 vs Brady & the Pats in AFC final games, not 4-1.

Anyway, LOVE that Manning's Broncos won today & I am very much hoping he wins it all this time so he can retire on top. Go Manning!

3 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I would love to see PM win the Superbowl and retire.....though I believe The Carolina Panthers are a team that could derail this? 

Definitely can't argue that, the Panthers are on a mission.  This is going to be a very tough game for the Broncos and I would say they will be the underdogs in Vegas.  I think it would be a nice story to see the Broncos win and Manning retire as a Champion, but I have nothing against the Panthers.  Just hope to see a good game and happy to see the Patriots out of it. 

1 minute ago, rockywoj said:

I think they mentioned pregame that Peyton was 3-1 vs Patriots in conference championship games.  Today's win would make it 4-1.  Kind of puts to rest the talk that Brady is so much more clutch.  I mean, yeah Brady is one of the most clutch QBs of all time, but vs Manning in conference championships, Manning has Brady's number. 

Anyway, LOVE that Manning's Broncos won today & I am very much hoping he wins it all this time so he can retire on top. Go Manning!

How do you not go for the field goal with over 5 minutes left? I know it wasn't Brady's decision....but really? Belichick screwed up there, no doubt.... 

I heard stat today that Manning is the 1st QB to go to multiple SBs with multiple teams.  

Heard that he is 1st QB to go to 4 SBs with 4 different coaches.  

Love all the additional 1sts for Peyton's legacy.  SO hope he caps it all off with a SB win in 2 weeks.   

20 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

How do you not go for the field goal with over 5 minutes left? I know it wasn't Brady's decision....but really? Belichick screwed up there, no doubt.... 

Agreed.  Just like in last week's Seattle game, Seattle went for it on 4th & 5 late in the 1st half instead of taking the easy 3.  Those 3 Pts would have made it a 1 score game late in the 2nd half which changes the dynamic.  I think some of the 'genius' coaches outsmart themselves in not taking the higher % give me Pts.  Coach Dungy was always an advocate of taking the Pts & I agree.  

22 minutes ago, rockywoj said:
7 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Agreed.  Just like in last week's Seattle game, Seattle went for it on 4th & 5 late in the 1st half instead of taking the easy 3.  Those 3 Pts would have made it a 1scire game late in the 2nd half which changes the dynamic.  I think some of the 'genius' coaches outsmart themselves in not taking the higher % give me Pts.  Coach Dungy was always an advocate of taking the Pts & I agree.  

Exactly!

Im so happy for peyton as well yet feel bad that they will be playing a very tough panthers team. Its as if the writings on the wall already and cam is bound to get his first ring.. Then again same can be said about peyton finishing his legacy wire one last ring 

I cannot stand the Broncos , But I will always be a Peyton Manning fan watching the game yesterday was awesome 18 versus 12 for the last time with all things pretty much equal 18 with lots of good defense were able to enjoy the confetti .

It is the end of an era that begun in Indy in 1998 while we look forward to the future of our Colts we can look no further than 18 for inspiration the man is going out his way on top whether he wins a Superbowl with Denver or not he has proven he is 1 of the best to ever play QB in the NFL those voices will scream from the roof tops should he lead his team to a win in 2 weeks .

He has reminded me a song he did it his way .:P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SXWX6qg0y4

OK, I'll be Debbie Downer here. I like Peyton Manning, but he's no longer the Colts QB; therefore, I couldn't care less whether he won another Super Bowl. Part of me hopes the Broncos get beat down because of the Peyton bandwagon fans in this town, and also because I think Elway is a smug jerk. I won't hate on Peyton if he does win, but I won't root for him again until I see him at LOS in Colts blue.

It isn't Peyton's fault that he left the Colts. Yes, a lot of us are on the Peyton bandwagon partly because the Colts have become so difficult to watch. But, we were on the Peyton and Colts bandwagon when he was here. It has been a great ride watching him play the game and I am rooting for him. Elway is a genius, have you seen that defense?

14 minutes ago, Live and let live said:

It isn't Peyton's fault that he left the Colts. Yes, a lot of us are on the Peyton bandwagon partly because the Colts have become so difficult to watch. But, we were on the Peyton and Colts bandwagon when he was here. It has been a great ride watching him play the game and I am rooting for him. Elway is a genius, have you seen that defense?

I was never on a "Peyton and Colts bandwagon." I'm a Colts fan who was happy Manning was our quarterback. I know it's not popular to say here, but Peyton did have a role in his departure. Not hating -- After all, it's worked out for both sides. You know who else is a genius? Belichick. How many people like him?

What role did Peyton have other than being injured and the Colts sucked to get Andrew Luck? The Colts lost a lot of fans over that issue and many of them migrated to the Broncos. I have enjoyed Peyton his entire career with the good and the bad. I am very happy for him and I will be rooting for Denver to win. Now, if the Colts had been playing last week, I would have been in their corner but when the eventually lost (as they certainly would have), I would have been delighted to support Peyton in the Super Bowl. Peyton and Johnny Unitas are the greatest Colts of all time in my book.

19 minutes ago, Live and let live said:

What role did Peyton have other than being injured and the Colts sucked to get Andrew Luck? The Colts lost a lot of fans over that issue and many of them migrated to the Broncos. I have enjoyed Peyton his entire career with the good and the bad. I am very happy for him and I will be rooting for Denver to win. Now, if the Colts had been playing last week, I would have been in their corner but when the eventually lost (as they certainly would have), I would have been delighted to support Peyton in the Super Bowl. Peyton and Johnny Unitas are the greatest Colts of all time in my book.

The fact you think the Colts sucked for Luck tells me you weren't paying close enough attention. For one, Manning reportedly refused to accept a pay cut to stay. His contract would've eaten a ton of cap space for a team that was already in cap hell.

16 minutes ago, grmasterb said:

The fact you think the Colts sucked for Luck tells me you weren't paying close enough attention. For one, Manning reportedly refused to accept a pay cut to stay. His contract would've eaten a ton of cap space for a team that was already in cap hell.

I think we made the right choice by drafting Luck and parting ways with Peyton even if Peyton wins the SB. We needed to rebuild as our Salary Cap wasn't good with him and we had a lot of older players. Peyton wouldn't of been able to get us back to a SB here anyway with the Defenses and O.Lines we've had since 2012. Happy for Peyton now and happy for us having Andrew for many more years.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we made the right choice by drafting Luck and parting ways with Peyton even if Peyton wins the SB. We needed to rebuild as our Salary Cap wasn't good with him and we had a lot of older players. Peyton wouldn't of been able to get us back to a SB here anyway with the Defenses and O.Lines we've had since 2012. Happy for Peyton now and happy for us having Andrew for many more years.

I wasn't suggesting that it wasn't right. However, I think it is a very poor way to build a team and it is a model that doesn't work that well any more. Build the lines on both sides of the ball then go after your franchise QB.

29 minutes ago, grmasterb said:

In addition to the fact he literally missed an entire season because of a broken neck. We could have had this year's Manning four years ago and nobody around him.

1 hour ago, Live and let live said:

Public comments irk Colts' Jim Irsay http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7507255/indianapolis-colts-jim-irsay-upset-peyton-manning-went-public-comments
 -via ESPN http://es.pn/app

The thing is we wouldn't have a team here in Indianapolis had it not been for the success we had with Peyton and winning a SB. Had we stunk for years Irsay would've moved us due to not making money and having a losing team for years. We became great because we drafted him and a popular football team because of him. He made our Football team and the city a ton of money. How anyone can root against him that is a Colts fan is beyond me. It really is disrespectful rooting against him IMO considering what I just stated and him being the greatest Colt ever. Some people just don't appreciate what we had and we are here with a new stadium because of him in reality. I would only root against him if he played the Colts other than that I root for him out of respect.

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The thing is we wouldn't have a team here in Indianapolis had it not been for the success we had with Peyton and winning a SB. Had we stunk for years Irsay would've moved us due to not making money and having a losing team for years. We became great because we drafted him and a popular football team because of him. He made our Football team and the city a ton of money. How anyone can root against him that is a Colts fan is beyond me. It really is disrespectful rooting against him IMO considering what I just stated and him being the greatest Colt ever. Some people just don't appreciate what we had and we are here with a new stadium because of him in reality. I would only root against him if he played the Colts other than that I root for him out of respect.

That is very well said. I feel the same way. I am sold on Peyton and I never miss a game of his. I am not yet as sold on Andrew Luck for various reasons.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bull hockey. First, Polian came before Peyton. Had we somehow missed out on the Peyton sweepstakes (And don't say anything about drafting Leaf over Manning. That was never happening.), we don't know how Polian would've constructed the team.  There's a very real chance the Colts could've had success without Manning.

Nobody here is rooting against Peyton Manning. But I feel no obligation to root for the Broncos just because Manning is their QB. Peyton is a great QB and seemingly a good man. But he's no saint, and I don't owe him anything just because he was a great QB here.