Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots favored over Broncos by 3.5 points

chad72

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bad Morty said:

The Steelers defense was arguably the worst of the 12 playoff teams. I recall them having a couple of drops as well on what should have been easy picks. The opinion people have of where Manning is at right now is backed up by stats. He was statistically the worst QB in football this year. He had a 67.6 QBR, he threw 17 picks and only 9 TD's. Can he summon the past and have a great game sunday? Sure...I suppose. But don't make it out like the people who think he's done are coming out of left field. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byposition?*=QB

Yet the Patriots were willing to do anything to get the Steelers out of the playoffs... even give the Jets a win lolol k...

Just now, Surge89 said:

Yet the Patriots were willing to do anything to get the Steelers out of the playoffs... even give the Jets a win lolol k...

I think that's nonsense. Frankly, I think the biggest bullet they dodged might have been the Jets. That team always gives them fits (or should I say "Fitz"...get it?)

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it can go either way I agree. I see something like 27-24 in either direction. Of course I am rolling with Denver because I cant give up on my before season SB pick and I like Peyton but this game here could go in 100 different directions depending on how Peyton plays, Turnovers by both teams, and lucky breaks as well. The weather forecast looks to be good so far. It is showing around 50 before gametime with little wind and no rain.

Agreed.

I am excited about the game.  If the Pats are healthy and back in a grove, it going to be a fun to watch.   I think if Denver shows up like they did last Sunday, I like the Pats chances if they can keep things clean.  

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most Pats fans seem to think Peyton is really washed up and done. Denver just scored 23 last week and was held to 5 FG's without a Defensive TD in doing so. The media seems to think the same thing about Peyton. I wonder if any of these people watched the Steelers game where Peyton threw at least 4 or 5 lasers for 1st down's and had no Turnovers with poor wind conditions even.

I'm pretty confident about this game to be honest...mostly because Peyton is playing, which I wouldn't be caught dead saying just a few years ago. Trust me, this isn't just a Pats fan hatin'... I just don't think he's playing at a level where he should be 'feared' anymore. He's playing fine...he wasn't bad, he wasn't great, but the ball still seems to be coming out of his hand funny and I'd be willing to bet that half of those drops were a result of it. 

It should be a great game, but barring any bad bad turnovers or bad bad officiating blunders, I'd have to say I see the Pats taking this one just based on how much better they looked. 

My heart says Broncos but my mind says Patriots. However, if the Patriots do not play front runner in this game, and it comes down to the last possession between these QBs, then the Broncos stand a chance.

In other words, Broncos win a close game at best. If they do not keep it close, Patriots will not let up if they are front runners in this game.

Factors in favor of Peyton:

Peyton is 3-0 in home AFCCG, Brady is 0-4 vs a Manning since 2006 and all their playoff meetings, the home QB has won between Peyton and Brady. Besides, Brady has beaten the Broncos in Denver when their QBs have been Tim Tebow and Danny Kanell for a 2-6 record in Denver. Fumbilitis, weird things etc. have happened to the Patriots in Denver.

Factors in favor of Brady:

Past means nothing to them. 10 years since winning a SB, they went ahead and did it last year. 11 years since winning a road AFCCG, it will not faze Brady or the Patriots and you would think they may be due.

5 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

I'm pretty confident about this game to be honest...mostly because Peyton is playing, which I wouldn't be caught dead saying just a few years ago. Trust me, this isn't just a Pats fan hatin'... I just don't think he's playing at a level where he should be 'feared' anymore. He's playing fine...he wasn't bad, he wasn't great, but the ball still seems to be coming out of his hand funny and I'd be willing to bet that half of those drops were a result of it. 

It should be a great game, but barring any bad bad turnovers or bad bad officiating blunders, I'd have to say I see the Pats taking this one just based on how much better they looked. 

We will see. It should be fun to watch. If the game was in Foxboro I think the Pats would probably win for sure but with it being in MileHigh it makes it interesting.

I also think that the many Patriots fans saying they are glad Peyton is playing instead of Brock is just a cover up. You Patriots fans have a pretty knowledgeable fanbase and there is no way for a second I am going to believe you fear Brock more than a healthy Peyton in a Title game on the road. You can throw all the stats out to me you want with his 17 INT's, etc. but he sat out for nearly 2 months and is fresh and healthy now. Patriots fans just don't want any part of a chance of losing to Peyton because of that rivalry he and Tom have and if Peyton wins this game he will be 3-1 in Title games between the 2. I know what's going on and been around along time haha LOL haha

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I also think that the many Patriots fans saying they are glad Peyton is playing instead of Brock is just a cover up. You Patriots fans have a pretty knowledgeable fanbase and there is no way for a second I am going to believe you fear Brock more than a healthy Peyton in a Title game on the road. You can throw all the stats out to me you want with his 17 INT's, etc. but he sat out for nearly 2 months and is fresh and healthy now. Patriots fans just don't want any part of a chance of losing to Peyton because of that rivalry he and Tom have and if Peyton wins this game he will be 3-1 in Title games between the 2. I know what's going on and been around along time haha haha

You think you know what Patriots fans think, but you really couldn't be more wrong. It's no different than what we said back in week 12 before playing the Broncos. Peyton Manning doesn't scare us. Stats aside, he just hasn't looked good. You make it sound like the Broncos were a rudderless ship losing left and right and then Peyton showed up and saved them and now we want no part of him. Nope, not the case.

Most of us don't care about the rivalry anymore. In our eyes, it's over. It's been over. If he beats us he beats us, but really we just want to go to another Superbowl. That's it. We welcome the opportunity to go into a place that we have struggled at and try to make that happen, but in no way are we 'covering up' our fears and our non-existent reluctance to face the supposed buzz-saw that is the Denver Broncos by saying we want to face Peyton. In all honestly though, Peyton Manning fans should be the ones with a little hesitation here. If he loses...at home...against the Patriots...and god forbid he looks bad doing it, well that does way way way more harm to his legacy and the way people view he and Tom in whatever debate it left. 

The truth is that Peyton fans are treating this like one last chance to close the gap between the two in terms of how people perceive them. But Patriots fans just don't care.

37 minutes ago, chad72 said:

My heart says Broncos but my mind says Patriots. However, if the Patriots do not play front runner in this game, and it comes down to the last possession between these QBs, then the Broncos stand a chance.

In other words, Broncos win a close game at best. If they do not keep it close, Patriots will not let up if they are front runners in this game.

Factors in favor of Peyton:

Peyton is 3-0 in home AFCCG, Brady is 0-4 vs a Manning since 2006 and all their playoff meetings, the home QB has won between Peyton and Brady. Besides, Brady has beaten the Broncos in Denver when their QBs have been Tim Tebow and Danny Kanell for a 2-6 record in Denver. Fumbilitis, weird things etc. have happened to the Patriots in Denver.

Factors in favor of Brady:

Past means nothing to them. 10 years since winning a SB, they went ahead and did it last year. 11 years since winning a road AFCCG, it will not faze Brady or the Patriots and you would think they may be due.

Sorry, I just got a kick out of the bolded part!

As a positive in the Peyton Manning column, saying Brady is 0-2 vs Peyton since 2006 just wouldn't have the same ring to it, so lets just go ahead and throw in another Manning to make the stat seem much more one sided!!!  ;)

3 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Sorry, I just got a kick out of the bolded part!

As a positive in the Peyton Manning column, saying Brady is 0-2 vs Peyton since 2006 just wouldn't have the same ring to it, so lets just go ahead and throw in another Manning to make the stat seem much more one sided!!!  ;)

Yeah, I just threw it in. It is still a fact though. Brady fears any Manning and will be facing his worst fears on Sunday, bwahaha!!! :)

It is all in jest, frivolous trash talk that means and matters nothing when Sunday comes around. I don't have qualms about admitting it :)

Just now, chad72 said:

Yeah, I just threw it in. It is still a fact though. Brady fears any Manning and will be facing his worst fears on Sunday, bwahaha!!! :)

It is all in jest, frivolous trash talk that means and matters nothing when Sunday comes around.

Absolutely...I just got a chuckle out it :)

11 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

You think you know what Patriots fans think, but you really couldn't be more wrong. It's no different than what we said back in week 12 before playing the Broncos. Peyton Manning doesn't scare us. Stats aside, he just hasn't looked good. You make it sound like the Broncos were a rudderless ship losing left and right and then Peyton showed up and saved them and now we want no part of him. Nope, not the case.

Most of us don't care about the rivalry anymore. In our eyes, it's over. It's been over. If he beats us he beats us, but really we just want to go to another Superbowl. That's it. We welcome the opportunity to go into a place that we have struggled at and try to make that happen, but in no way are we 'covering up' our fears and our non-existent reluctance to face the supposed buzz-saw that is the Denver Broncos by saying we want to face Peyton. In all honestly though, Peyton Manning fans should be the ones with a little hesitation here. If he loses...at home...against the Patriots...and god forbid he looks bad doing it, well that does way way way more harm to his legacy and the way people view he and Tom in whatever debate it left. 

The truth is that Peyton fans are treating this like one last chance to close the gap between the two in terms of how people perceive them. But Patriots fans just don't care.

If Peyton loses on Sunday it doesn't hurt his legacy at all, after all isn't he supposed to lose? He is a washed up 40 year old QB with a noodle arm and the Pats are favored. Tom may have 4 Rings but it would look much worse if he loses this game being the favorite and most Pats seeming this is going to be a walk in the park. Peyton would have a 3-1 edge too in Title games if he wins this over Tom. Pats fans have nothing to fear because Brock isn't playing so you should win by 14 then LOL

2 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

It is like saying Rafael Nadal has a positive record vs Roger Federer but just does not get to enough Grand Slam finals (other than the French Open) to eat into Federer's Grand Slam count. That would be the case with Peyton's 1-and-dones, reduces the sample space for games between Peyton and Brady in the playoffs to play enough AFCCG. Whose fault is it? You know it lies with the 1-and-done king. It is not hard to figure out. :)

3 hours ago, Bad Morty said:

The Steelers defense was arguably the worst of the 12 playoff teams. I recall them having a couple of drops as well on what should have been easy picks. The opinion people have of where Manning is at right now is backed up by stats. He was statistically the worst QB in football this year. He had a 67.6 QBR, he threw 17 picks and only 9 TD's. Can he summon the past and have a great game sunday? Sure...I suppose. But don't make it out like the people who think he's done are coming out of left field. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byposition?*=QB

Not during the post season.  They were ranked 6th or better in all defensive categories.

Total defense (ypg) - 4th

Passing ypg - 4th

Rushing ypg - 6th

Sacks - 3rd

Interception - T4th

Tackles - 3rd

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Peyton loses on Sunday it doesn't hurt his legacy at all, after all isn't he supposed to lose? He is a washed up 40 year old QB with a noodle arm and the Pats are favored. Tom may have 4 Rings but it would look much worse if he loses this game being the favorite and most Pats seeming this is going to be a walk in the park. Peyton would have a 3-1 edge too in Title games if he wins this over Tom. Pats fans have nothing to fear Brock isn't playing so you should win by 14 then LOL

I know you wrote it in jest, but that will be the built in excuse if he doesn't pull this out on Sunday. Lets forget all the rah-rahs for Peyton over the last 3 weeks and how he returned to lead the flailing Broncos to the post season!!! Peyton Manning is never supposed to lose...haven't you been able to tell that just by listening to Nance and Simms the last few weeks? I mean, just look at the posts here since he came back...you all think he's playing great ball and is a huge difference maker in these games!

Peyton has had people falling over themselves trying to defend him for his entire career...he's a media darling and he really has become a case of perception vs reality. 

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I also think that the many Patriots fans saying they are glad Peyton is playing instead of Brock is just a cover up. You Patriots fans have a pretty knowledgeable fanbase and there is no way for a second I am going to believe you fear Brock more than a healthy Peyton in a Title game on the road. You can throw all the stats out to me you want with his 17 INT's, etc. but he sat out for nearly 2 months and is fresh and healthy now. Patriots fans just don't want any part of a chance of losing to Peyton because of that rivalry he and Tom have and if Peyton wins this game he will be 3-1 in Title games between the 2. I know what's going on and been around along time haha LOL haha

It is a wildcard to be honest, both Peyton and Brock have pluses and minuses.  Just because the letters M-A-N-N-I-N-G are on the jersey does not mean is Peyton of 2005.   Lets be honest Peyton has not looked good this season.  Indeed, he has thrown fewer touchdowns at Mile High this season (1) than Brady (3) and more picks (8) to Brady (0). :P.  :).

And if he has one of typical games this year it is likely going to be a long day for Denver.   If on the other hand he goes off then it could be a long day for the Pats.  But given that there is a chance and hope from Pats fans that there is a good chance, no guarantee surely, that Peyton's play will fall into lines of some of his no so Peyton performances this year, then it is welcome sight for Pats fans.

Brock on the other hand is young and still developing so he can play like he did when Denver beat us, not so hot, but then can turn it on like he did in the 4th qtr against us in November.    So each can play well and then play off.   But it certain that Peyton's play is not a guarantee for Sunday, but he certainly has the potential.

As for head to head, yes Peyton would go up 3-2 in the overall playoff record head to head.  However, if Brady and the Pats win then Brady will go 3-2 head to head and have the only on the road victory between the two.  Also, to be honest our 2013 was not our strongest team as we had a lot of injuries. 

Sunday should be tons of fun. 

3 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

I know you wrote it in jest, but that will be the built in excuse if he doesn't pull this out on Sunday. Lets forget all the rah-rahs for Peyton over the last 3 weeks and how he returned to lead the flailing Broncos to the post season!!! Peyton Manning is never supposed to lose...haven't you been able to tell that just by listening to Nance and Simms the last few weeks? I mean, just look at the posts here since he came back...you all think he's playing great ball and is a huge difference maker in these games!

Peyton has had people falling over themselves trying to defend him for his entire career...he's a media darling and he really has become a case of perception vs reality. 

Yes I wrote it in jest but to hear how a lot of Patriots fans talk on other Boards that seems to be the thinking of your fanbase.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes I wrote it in jest but to hear how a lot of Patriots fans talk on other Boards that seems to be the thinking of your fanbase.

Some believe it, and to be honest, there is still a legitimate chance they they could be right. We'll see on Sunday.

I still think that Peyton fans are treating this like one last chance to close the gap between the two. Multiple times in this thread you have said 'if Peyton wins he will be 3-1 vs Brady in Championship games'...it is CLEAR how you are treating this game in terms of Peyton vs Tom...not Broncos vs Patriots....but Peyton vs Tom. It's all about his legacy and how important it is to you that HE wins. Patriots fans honestly just don't care about the Brady vs Manning debate anymore.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Peyton loses on Sunday it doesn't hurt his legacy at all, after all isn't he supposed to lose? He is a washed up 40 year old QB with a noodle arm and the Pats are favored. Tom may have 4 Rings but it would look much worse if he loses this game being the favorite and most Pats seeming this is going to be a walk in the park. Peyton would have a 3-1 edge too in Title games if he wins this over Tom. Pats fans have nothing to fear because Brock isn't playing so you should win by 14 then LOL

Its tough to gauge legacies on one game.   As for supposed to lose I will reiterate my points on 2013 AFCCG in which we went in with lots of injuries, I did not hold it against Brady as he did not have key teammates and the Broncos were pretty much all healthy, I can not think of any one key player out for Denver in '13.    With the '09 season I was least upset about the AFCCG'13 loss.  Actually what hurt Brady was had he not shown up and lost one and done he would not have that lost on his record.

This year the Broncos are again healthier than the Pats but the Pats are as healthy has they have been since November, we will see how any injuries coming out of this Sunday's games pan out.  Peyton does have all of his skill position players and the same is true on the defensive side of the ball. 

As for the loss for Peyton it would put the head to head in Brady's favor and would be the only home loss of the series.  The reason why the Pats are favored has a lot to do with we have 2015 Peyton not 2013 Peyton under center, Peyton could certainly channel 2013 again, but Pats being favored are not due to lesser talent around the QB, like in 2013.      

If the Pats loose, I am not too worried about it as Peyton would only be 2-3 record and all would of held serve at home.  And as I mentioned about regarding head to head, had the pats simply lost earlier in the playoffs, like in 2006 against SD or against Houston in 2013, then the Pats would not even have face the Peyton lead team.  

37 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Interesting though that a Peyton Manning team hasn't lost in the playoffs to the Patriots since 2004. That's two AFCCGs in a row. The Pats used to own Manning's teams in the playoffs.

It's also interesting that they've only met in the playoffs twice since 2004.

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

Interesting though that a Peyton Manning team hasn't lost in the playoffs to the Patriots since 2004. That's two AFCCGs in a row. The Pats used to own Manning's teams in the playoffs.

Very true. That's one stat that many people dont realize

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

I don't know but if I am Denver, this is all the bulletin board material I would need.

Patriots were favored by a FG over Denver in the regular season game too.

here is bulletin board stuff already posted  The bulletin board in Foxborough is already starting to fill up 

Embedded image permalink  

https://twitter.com/espn/status/689553004245049344/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

but i n reality he simply answered a question & total statement taken out of context

, what was left out on that bulletin board was what he felt about Brady ,  his statement that brady is tough see below

He's not going to rattle just because you hit him hard. I've tried over the years," Smith told The Gazette. "That's what D-linemen think: 'The harder you hit the quarterback, the better it will make it on the secondary.'

"With Brady, he's a great competitor. You know it's coming. He's going to cry about getting hit, but he's going to take the hit and keep going."

Not exactly the "crybaby" context the headlines are making it.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/1/19/10793832/calling-brady-a-crybaby-and-a-whiner-not-smartest-move-by-broncos

Chris Harris rehurt an already injured shoulder, he played alot in sub packages last weekend and tried tackling with 1 arm , he will do same this week and Roby may start again - so who covers the Pat WRs & Kronk will be an issue

In fact the Broncos called up a practice squad CB Tauren Nixon , a 7th round pick last draft   with no experience encase needed as no idea what to make of Harris yet save he rehurt that shoulder, Harris doesnt care, he says he played with & Takled with 1 arm last week, he can again 

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's not really an insult....'great competitor'  and 'take the hit and keep going' sounds like praise

That was my point, he was asked a question he could only answer 1 way based on way asked & how worded in reaction to getting sacked and looking at refs in last game and went on to give his full opinion of Brady to make sure his full opinion was heard and that was left out in   Foxborough

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I think that is due mostly to the fact that these two often have a bye or Peyton has gone 1 and done so many times. I do think that the important thing to remember is that the home team typically has won most of these games that the two has faced off. The thing about that is well typically the home team is better (thus why they get the home game) so the outcome is not surprising. All things considering it is the TEAMS that are playing each other and the qbs going up against the defenses. Honestly I don't see it as Peyton vs Brady as Peyton vs Belicheck. I try to be objective and look at the teams and see who the superior team is and evaluate the performances accordingly. It isn't hard to see that Peyton had a superior team in 05, 06 and 09 and 13...maybe 04 but the rest of the years and including this year I have felt like Tom has had the superior squad. Overall Tom has been by far the better post-season qb...he is always efficient..and Peyton has had some stinkers but for the most part the games I think have went the way people have expected...with only a couple upsets in Tom's favor.

This game I think is just a matchup nightmare for Denver. They have injuries in the secondary and Tom has a healthy receiving core for the first time since like half way through the season. As for the OLs I think Denvers is even worse than NEs so really I don't see where Denver wins this game. They will have to cause turnovers and win in special teams and on the ground...and well besides the running game those are things that NE just doesn't lose. I predict 31-20 NE. Of course I hope Peyton wins but if they ask him to play conservative like he did last week they are going to struggle to sustain drives...and if they ask him to open it up...I think he is going to throw a pick or two. Denver's defense isn't playing scary...and NE's offense negates that pass rush. Those quick crossing routes Pittsburgh ran and the yac from the poor tackling...NE will move the ball with ease. Going to watch but I don't have a lot of faith....I just haven't seen Denver play a complete game all year....doubt Sunday will be that day.

So here's the thing.

You're Gary Kubiak.  You know that NE is suspect in the run defense.  Do you come out with a game plan to forcefeed the run, or do you think to yourself, "That's Hoodie on the other sideline - he's a smart coach - he knows I *want* to pound the run so he's probably going to have his players ready to stuff it.  I'd better use my HOF QB and 50-million-dollar WR and spread the ball around in the passing game to loosen them up, then gash them".

If you're asking me, what would I like to see win this weekend? I'd say a Broncos victory 24-21 over the Patriots. However, all NE really has to do is stuff Hillman & Anderson on the ground & it's over for Denver.

You better make sure Brock gets some reps because #18 can't throw the deep ball consistently anymore. He just can't. If you hit him a few times, force him off his spot, & stop their ground game Manning will struggle & lose. Osweiler might be the Broncos only hope in the 2nd half. 

Score NE 35-21. Look, I admire 18 & yes his WRs dropped too many passes, but with Edelman back for NE now Manning's deep threat is Sanders & Peyton still has a problem throwing passes too high forcing WRs to go up & retrieve them & get hurt. Brady has superb ball placement by the WRs numbers where they can catch the ball in stride for extra yards. Okay yes, the Broncos defense is incredible, but if the Pats get an early lead & Denver starts engaging in thug hits & penalty flags costing vital field position it's over. 

In a nutshull, the pragmatist says Brady & company win this game & pull away 10 minutes into the 3rd QTR. I know that Tommy always struggles at Mile High, but just like when he plays Rex Ryan he usually figures out how to neutralize the secondary in the final 15 minutes. Yes, he's that darn good. Brady can beat teams with no running game on offense Manning can't [anymore since about 2009] That's the difference. 

2 hours ago, bayone said:

here is bulletin board stuff already posted  The bulletin board in Foxborough is already starting to fill up 

Embedded image permalink  

https://twitter.com/espn/status/689553004245049344/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

but i n reality he simply answered a question & total statement taken out of context

, what was left out on that bulletin board was what he felt about Brady ,  his statement that brady is tough see below

He's not going to rattle just because you hit him hard. I've tried over the years," Smith told The Gazette. "That's what D-linemen think: 'The harder you hit the quarterback, the better it will make it on the secondary.'

"With Brady, he's a great competitor. You know it's coming. He's going to cry about getting hit, but he's going to take the hit and keep going."

Not exactly the "crybaby" context the headlines are making it.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/1/19/10793832/calling-brady-a-crybaby-and-a-whiner-not-smartest-move-by-broncos

Do you think the refs would allow Denver to hit Brady late and hard as they did Luck ? I thought they were going to start using lead pipes.

22 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

If you're asking me, what would I like to see this weekend? I'd say a Broncos victory 24-21 over the Patriots. However, all NE really has to do is stuff Hillman & Anderson on the ground & it's over for Denver.

You better make sure Brock gets some reps because #18 can't throw the deep ball consistently anymore. He just can't. If you hit him a few times, force him off his spot, & stop their ground game Manning will struggle & lose. Osweiler might be the Broncos only hope in the 2nd half. 

Score NE 35-21. Look, I admire 18 & yes his WRs dropped too many passes, but with Edelman back for NE now Manning's deep threat is Sanders & Peyton still has a problem throwing passes too high forcing WRs to go up & retrieve them & get hurt. Brady has superb ball placement by the WRs numbers where they can catch the ball in stride for extra yards. Okay yes, the Broncos defense is incredible, but if the Pats get an early lead & Denver starts engaging in thug hits & penalty flags costing vital field position it's over. 

Just out of curiosity why do seem to downgrade the #1 defense with the thug hit comment? They don't have a reputation of being that way?

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just out of curiosity why do seem to downgrade the #1 defense with the thug hit comment? They don't have a reputation of being that way?

Remember when Tal-ib poked our very own INDY TE Dwayne Allen in the eye in week 9 27-24? 

Actually, Denver's defense & secondary does. If another team gets a lead on them & they feel the momentum shifting & score dwindling away against them, they tend to engage in late dirty hits. I hate to say this, but it's the truth IMO. 

That's why I'm proud of my Colts because whenever Pittsburgh or NE beats us in the regular season of late our team maintains their composure & professionalism.

4 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

Some believe it, and to be honest, there is still a legitimate chance they they could be right. We'll see on Sunday.

I still think that Peyton fans are treating this like one last chance to close the gap between the two. Multiple times in this thread you have said 'if Peyton wins he will be 3-1 vs Brady in Championship games'...it is CLEAR how you are treating this game in terms of Peyton vs Tom...not Broncos vs Patriots....but Peyton vs Tom. It's all about his legacy and how important it is to you that HE wins. Patriots fans honestly just don't care about the Brady vs Manning debate anymore.

Patriots fans claim they don't care because the narrative has shifted back to the favor of Brady with last year's SB. But if the Patriots lose and Manning ends up finishing 3-2 vs. Brady in the playoffs WHILE going out on top, the narrative will take a dramatic shift back to Manning's favor.

It'll just reinforce the notion that Brady's teams were always better, but not necessarily Brady himself. If the Broncos win, it'll be because of how the players around Peyton played, much like how Brady's teammates lifted him during his championship runs.

5 hours ago, Superman said:

Yes they are 2-2 in the playoffs and time does indeed fly from 2004. 

But what is interesting when one looks at the entire careers of the two players, their teams and playoffs we see they have actually meet more than perhaps is seems at first look.  

They both have played 13 years with both as starters and healthy and have met in the playoffs 5 of those 13 years.  If one where to take a caveat that '09 and '10 were not the strongest years for each side respectively, you get 5 of 11 years. 

Also, they are meeting at ages 38 and 39 after having met at ages 26 and 27, a 12 year span between first and last meetings, that span might be a record.

Funny it seems like ages between 2004 and 2013 and one would of thought they surely should met in that time, but still they have met a good deal in the playoffs.

Peyton scrabbled or moved better against the Steelers LBs than I expected him to with his Plantar fasciitis on Sunday especially when he fell down, realized he hadn't been touched, & completed his throw. Manning's gonna need great hands from his TEs on Sunday namely Virgil Green, Owen Daniels, & Vernon Davis which 18 will have to use to get screens thru the air when Bill Belichick shuts down CJ Anderson. 

The only problem with that idea is that all Chander Jones, Donta High Tower, & Jamie Collins have to do is put their hands up & disrupt Manning's passing lanes. Sacks aren't the priority. Incompletions are. 

Whereas, Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, &  DeMarcus Ware must bring Brady down to the ground consistently in order to win. Gronk doesn't worry me as much as Edelman does because he so small & quick that's he's easy to lose track of. Then wham! He's in the end zone for 6 points. 

I know Bill is scared of lightning speed more than anything else which suggests stopping Hillman first, but Anderson is more dangerous because he's got a thicker frame, with a lower center of gravity, & who waits for his blockers to open up lanes for him to glide thru. 

I  have seen Peyton use Dallas Clark & Jacob Tamme to perfection in previous INDY seasons so I know Manning can pull it off if they can catch the football this Sunday. 

11 hours ago, Restored said:

Patriots fans claim they don't care because the narrative has shifted back to the favor of Brady with last year's SB. But if the Patriots lose and Manning ends up finishing 3-2 vs. Brady in the playoffs WHILE going out on top, the narrative will take a dramatic shift back to Manning's favor.

It'll just reinforce the notion that Brady's teams were always better, but not necessarily Brady himself. If the Broncos win, it'll be because of how the players around Peyton played, much like how Brady's teammates lifted him during his championship runs.

I don't think that's true. In our eyes the narrative shifted and stayed years ago. But just look at how people are talking about the game here. Patriots fans are talking about beating the Broncos to go to the Superbowl, Peyton/Colts fans are talking about beating Brady so that Peyton has a statistical edge. That's the entire mentality of this game. 

To be totally honest...if Peyton goes on to win the Superbowl this year, it's right up there with Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson in terms of how he earned it. The big bash on those guys is that they had great defenses and they didn't have to do anything but not screw up to win the title. This team won in spite of his play for the first half of the season, then he stubbed his toe and sat out for the 2nd half, only to come back at the end and play very average football. A 2nd ring would be huge for his legacy, and it will be hurt should he lose. WIth this defense, at home, in what...50 degree sun? All he has to do is not * up, and they should win.