Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittsburgh (+7) @ Denver (1-17-16)

oldunclemark

33 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

I am glad this game is over...   It wasn't pretty,  but a Win is a Win.  

Thanks @buffalo34 for all your support   haha        I'm okay with your sarcasm.

And to:

@Fx Stryker @oldunclemark @jvan1973 @Susie Q @bayone @2006Coltsbestever  @ManningFANin FLand anyone else I'm leaving out.

THE DREAM IS STILL ALIVE.  

Thank God. My nerves are shot and I haven't been able to eat all day either LOL. I only get like that during big Colts games normally but I want Peyton to win so badly that this was misery for a while. Denver kept shooting themselves in the foot with drop passes and stalling in the redzone.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jules said:

How do you feel about next weekend?

Keep the weather reports coming too and updates for everyone.

NE has a better defense than Pittsburgh....but they don't have as good an offensive line..

Brady's going to throw 50 times...they dont bother to run the ball..

Its an oversimplification but if the Bronco receivers catch the ball better...they can win a high-scoring game.

Good weather, from what I;m reading

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

What do you think the opening line will be?   I'll guess Pats -1.5

I was thinking 2 1/2 or 3 but you may be right....

Cant see the Broncos being favored....Pats were more impressive..

It'll be fun..I miss the Colts not being in it but with Peyton and now old Dwight Freeney in Arizona...

..it'll be  a fun week....

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thank God. My nerves are shot and I haven't been able to eat all day either LOL. I only get like that during big Colts games normally but I want Peyton to win so badly that this was misery for a while. Denver kept shooting themselves in the foot with drop passes and stalling in the redzone.

I know EXACTLY how you feel.........I can calm down now!

No shame in wanting the greatest Colt of our time to go out on top...and I thought he played well.

Not great but good. 

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

NE has a better defense than Pittsburgh....but they don't have as good an offensive line..

Brady's going to throw 50 times...they dont bother to run the ball..

Its an oversimplification but if the Bronco receivers catch the ball better...they can win a high-scoring game.

Good weather, from what I;m reading

For some odd reason the Pats do better in the playoffs when they throw MORE. I don't think you can run that well on the Broncos anyway.

Should be a good one.

I am pleased Ben at least showed up today and made it through though. I was worried about the health of the QBs this weekend.

Congrats mark, I know how much this means to you and I am personally happy for you. 

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

All fanbases can be passionate.

The fanbase I'm surrounded by comes off as pretty arrogant and entitled. Not saying it's impossible, but it's not exactly easy to go to another team's place (that you lost to earlier in the season) and blow them out with the Super Bowl on the line.

So if Denver wins next week, Peyton has another crack at a Super Bowl and I don't need to hear from Patriots fans until at least September. Then we all win.

Just now, buffalo34 said:

The fanbase I'm surrounded by comes off as pretty arrogant and entitled. Not saying it's impossible, but it's not exactly easy to go to another team's place (that you lost to earlier in the season) and blow them out with the Super Bowl on the line.

Preaching to the choir. I can't even turn on the radio.

2 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

So if Denver wins next week, Peyton has another crack at a Super Bowl and I don't need to hear from Patriots fans until at least September. Then we all win.

My nerves need to recover after today before I start talking about the Pats matchup. Let us Peyton fans enjoy this win for at least a day.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My nerves need to recover after today before I start talking about the Pats matchup. Let us Peyton fans enjoy this win for at least a day.

I know, at least we don't need to put up with that one-and-done crap tonight.

43 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I was thinking 2 1/2 or 3 but you may be right....

Cant see the Broncos being favored....Pats were more impressive..

It'll be fun..I miss the Colts not being in it but with Peyton and now old Dwight Freeney in Arizona...

..it'll be  a fun week....

This is what I'd love to see ... Broncos DLs & LBs in Brady's wheelhouse all day long through coverage sacks & hurries. I think I'd pony-up some good coin to witness that repeatedly. And after that, repeatedly. And after that ... yeah ... repeatedly.

Actually, Denver matches up better with New England than they did Pittsburgh:

- Steelers WR's are arguably the league's deepest, even without Brown. Elite speed everywhere. That forced Denver to play off in majority of its coverages. Patriots don't have nearly the same crop of players.

-Pittsburgh's defense has been very good against the run as of late. New England's has not. Given that Denver is committed to its running game, this bodes well for them.

3 hours ago, Jules said:

I doubt I get one this year. I was going to pull for the Cards but I kinda feel sad over GB losing. I might just watch and well go for the pure entertainment. I got no real horse in the race anymore.

Yeah, I like to see the Pack to well also.

3 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

I don't comment anymore on ProFootballTalk but I do read them from time to time, and the Pats fans on there are by far the biggest group of * out there. I mean total idiocy. And if you dare defend your team (especially the Colts) you get your comment deleted. Florio is a Pats homer and it's so obvious....he allows Pats fans to spew all kinds of crap about whoever, especially the Colts (DeflateGate was a sting operation by the Colts and Goodell, the Colts pump in fake crowd noise, Luck's injury was "karma" for setting up Brady, etc)....yet I tried to debunk these buffoons (using actual logic) and my comments got deleted.

So, I still go on to read some of the breaking stuff, but I don't waste my time commenting. Bunch of trolls anyway. But my point stands, outside of maybe Seattle, Pats fans tend to be really obnoxious. The Pats have been successful, can't argue that. I think it's just that typical East Coast superiority thing...I've got in-laws out near Boston and I've seen it in person. They are nice but their friends treat me like some flyover state hick with some of their comments.

Don't take it the wrong way, AMFootball and Pats regulars here....your less classy fellow fans are the problem, not you.

41 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

There must have been around ten drops. Amazing that they were even in the game, let alone won.

That's the biggest worry for Denver going forward..

Those passes have to be caught. Its not like Peyton is throwing bullets..

5 field goals and one TD......should have been 3 FGs and 3 TDs, at the least

Anderson and Hillman have to catch the ball because they're open if teams blitz 

Best line after the game by a Broncos player

McManaus said it was the worst crosswinds he ever kicked in , so all he did was kept aiming at the guy in the left upper corner with the beer

Best Gesture,

Peyton  immediately after the final kneel down giving game ball to DT to give to his mother who was seeing him play for first time ever

2 minutes ago, bayone said:

Best line after the game by a Broncos player

McManaus said it was the worst crosswinds he ever kicked in , so all he did was kept aiming at the guy in the left upper corner with the beer

Best Gesture,

Peyton  immediately after the final kneel down giving game ball to DT to give to his mother who was seeing him play for first time ever

Great stuff bayone! Love your Posts so please keep Posting throughout the week. This will be a fun week.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great stuff bayone! Love your Posts so please keep Posting throughout the week. This will be a fun week.

Wish i could but unfortunately though I prioritize time to watch Colt & Peyton games

Rest of times are really medical needs, whether going to many Drs , or just doing home PT for multiple issues & many an errand thats needed when one lives alone and must take care of all issues

am not complaining, I wouldn't trade my life for anyone elses , but honestly though i read the forums since I stopped posting and dealing with some bickering trolls I find life just flows easier , somehow I couldn't just ignore the ones wanted to so spent way to much time here and i need extra time to accomplish things others take for granted -

Today and rest of week is all booked, Just taking few minutes now to check out this thread , give out some likes , as posted here yesterday during first half and was great to be on a thread with many long term friends with like minds and only a few irritating comments by the same 1 or 2 I dont have to name

Thanks and have a great day, week & year, I know I will

Barry

6 minutes ago, bayone said:

Wish i could but unfortunately though I prioritize time to watch Colt & Peyton games

Rest of times are really medical needs, whether going to many Drs , or just doing home PT for multiple issues

am not complaining, I wouldn't trade my life for anyone elses , but honestly though i read the forums since I stopped posting and dealing with some bickering trolls I find life just flows easier , somehow I couldn't just ignore the ones wanted to so spent way to much time here and i need extra time to accomplish things others take for granted -

Today and rest of week is all booked, Just taking few minutes now to check out this thread as posted here yesterday during first half and was great to be on a thread with many long term friends with like minds and only a few irritating comments by the same 1 or 2 I dont have to name

Thanks and have a great day, week & year

Barry

Chime in when you can and take care. Your Posts are Great! I am still pretty new here. Was here for this whole season but unfortunately we went 8-8. I joke and say I brought the forum bad Luck. I did pick the Broncos to win it all though before the season started so I still have that as of now.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chime in when you can and take care. Your Posts are Great! I am still pretty knew here. Was here for this whole season but unfortunately we went 8-8. I joke and say I brought the forum bad Luck. I did pick the Broncos to win it all though before the season started so I still have that as of now.

Well welcome to the site, I have seen you name before when reading , weren't sure if new or not as know some have changed names

Probably My last post , then starting on things

just so u know I have been a member and used to post persistently with many articles, links, ,  ,crazy font size combinations & various colors to point out things I thought important final weekly injury reports I got permission to add here, did so for   so for many incarnations & or reincarnations of this forum for many , many years

I Used to have a home page in the past that allowed tons of pictures & links and Peytons scouting reports, SB ticket pictures of ones I own ,    all organized to tell a story etc etc etc , was so long  it was a thread in & of itself , it kept getting whittled down as each forum reincarnation gave less room  then the last version  & the current version or should I say this version at its start through its various slight tinkering / upgrades etc just doesn't allow it at all basically

As i see I can get carried away writing a comment, that's another reason I just decided to finally take care of me

BYE