• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

you play whos on your schedule. 

yeah you do, but it does not mean that you are any good for beating up on the bucs, titans and dolphins

and people do call out the patriots for that, i do it all the time.  the thing is there division was actually not bad this year other than miami(yeah i know they won yesterday but pats were resting)

1 minute ago, austriancolt said:

against the titans. the worst team this year in the nfl. in a one score win. against a team that would have lost their nr. 1 pick with a win.

a wins a win no matter who you play. I'll never take any one for granted

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I want pagano to stay. i think perhaps payton might not be as good as we all think. 

That's a non answer. By saying that Sean Payton has gone 7-9 his last 3 seasons, you're essentially implying that the same could possible happen here, and since it hasn't happened in Pagano's tenure, you're basically saying that we'll win more games with Pagano than we would with Payton. Ergo, you think Pagano > Payton.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I didnt say you said he was out for half the season I was implying the steelers didnt have to deal with ben being out half the season like luck

Lets call it down the middle and say Ben was out 5 games. Leveon Bell was still out 12 games I believe. That's still 17 games compared to 10. Hasselback actually was winning games for us and outplaying Luck early because Luck was hurt, which hurts your argument that we had to do "deal" with Luck being hurt. At the time, a healthy hasselback was better than an injured Luck. The steelers got it together and won enough. I doubt Luck makes up 35 points that we lost against Pitt or 36 against Jax. I get you love this team, as do I, but we stunk this year. We need Luck and are one-dimensional, that's all there is to it. Other teams can make up for it, we can't.

Just now, Dustin said:

That's a non answer. By saying that Sean Payton has gone 7-9 his last 3 seasons, you're essentially implying that the same could possible happen here, and since it hasn't happened in Pagano's tenure, you're basically saying that we'll win more games with Pagano then we would with Payton. Ergo, you think Pagano > Payton.

no I dont think pagano is better then payton, but I dont think payton is as good as we all think. I think pagano is the right coach for us because of the success hes had and because of the love and respect the players have for him. 

Just now, CR91 said:

no I dont think pagano is better then payton, but I dont think payton is as good as we all think. I think pagano is the right coach for us because of the success hes had and because of the love and respect the players have for him. 

Yeah well love and respect doesn't win football games and it just so happens that one of the greatest offensive minds in recent history is on the market for a mid-round draft pick. 

5 minutes ago, Dustin said:

So you think Chuck Pagano is a better head coach than Sean Payton?

Yes.  hes 87-57 .604, whereas pagano has a .640 win percentage.  Plus the argument could be made that Payton had Brees and a super high flying offense.  Where the Defense has always been crap.  That's what were dealing with now.  Why bring in the same thing, and with a system that may not mesh with who we have.  Keep Pagano because of his familiarity, the players love him, and for crying out loud, he went 8-8 this year, but did we suddenly forget the past 3 years?!

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

That is insane to me. A great head coach is worth more than having Coby Fleener (2nd rounder).

Agreed.  It would be worth more than Gronk who was also a second rounder...you think Gronk has the career he's had without Belicheck?  He might have been good, top 5 even, but not the matchup nightmare he's been.  We probably wouldn't be talking about the potentially greatest TE of all time if he generally stays healthy between now and retirement.

30 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Jim Caldwell was unanimously viewed as below average to terrible by every single person on this forum.

I wasn't  one of them. I wasn't that high in him, but thought he could succeed under the right circumstances.  He's not exactly killing it in Deteoit, but it's Detroit....

10 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Nothing apparently. NFL people are notoriously stupid. 

Right.

Bill Polian is stupid.     Peyton Manning is stupid.

The Baltimore Colts who hired Caldwell to be the QB coach, and then promoted him to be their OC around week 14 of 2012 and he was their OC that led them to a Super Bowl VICTORY,  they're stupid too.

And then he's the HC at Detroit and he wins 10 games,  and this year he wins 9 games.    All stupid.

Only Dustin is right.

I'm not saying he's a great coach,  just better than you and a lot of other people can accept.

He committed the sin of being the losing HC in a SB that Indy was favored to win but lost.    Therefore, he's a bad coach.      That's the level of deep thinking that goes on around here.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Right.

The Baltimore Colts who hired Caldwell to be the QB coach, and then promoted him to be their OC around week 14 of 2012 and he was their OC that led them to a Super Bowl VICTORY,  they're stupid too.

And then he's the HC at Detroit and he wins 10 games,  and this year he wins 9 games.    All stupid.

Only Dustin is right.

I'm not saying he's a great coach,  just better than you and a lot of other people can accept.

He committed the sin of being the losing HC in a SB that Indy was favored to win but lost.    Therefore, he's a bad coach.      That's the level of deep thinking that goes on around here.

The Lions won 7 games. Dude is bad. Real bad. Probably fired next off-season, if his trend of slowly getting worse holds. 

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah....   except we did a lot of that when a guy named Bruce Arians was the OC.

And no one here has the guts to say they didn't like Arians as the OC here.

Oh wait.    Superman and I did way back when................

But it was OK for Arians,  just not for Pep.

This is yet the latest example of young fans who think the whole world is filled with those who are either really  good,  or they suck.    And there's nothing in-between.

The truth is the world is filled with in-between.     And that's where Pep is.    

If people here are going to make an argument that Chuck Pagano is average yet we're firing him because we want better -- fine.     Just say the same thing about Pep.      He was average,  and we needed better.

This isn't that hard to figure out.....

Lol....I said I didn't like Arians play calling when he was here and was happy when he got the AZ job.   In fact I still bring it up when people say they wish Arians was here.  But keep patting yourself on the back.

You are correct, the world is filled with in between....its just that Pep isn't one of them.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Right.

Only Dustin is right.

Here's the problem I have with you quoting people. It doesn't matter what other people think! Formulate your own opinion and have a reason for it. My GF does the same thing. We are watching wrestling, (which I can't stand anymore and she likes) and she comes up with a reason why she likes a wrestler (the fans cheer for him or her so they must be good). If you think Caldwell is good, don't base it off Manning and Polian's opinion, base it off yours and tell why. My grandma does the same thing while watching the news, basing her opinions off what others say. Tell why, and don't say because Peyton said it. No one cares if Peyton said it. Just a pet peeve of mine.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Actually, all of the pieces on offense are already in place, so the GM really has to focus on the defense outside of one more good olineman.  And the meddling thingy probably had more to do with a lack of confidence in chuck than some sort of personality disorder of Grigson.  He'd probably give Payton a lot more autonomy.

I would disagree that the offense is in place.  We need o line help, at least 1 TE, and a RB for the future.  If the reports for Grigson's meddling are true, most of his meddling had to do with forcing Chuck to play players that Grigson drafted or traded for so that he wouldn't look bad.  With Grigson being a first time GM, I find it hard to believe that he would have a leg to stand on in having a lack of confidence in Chuck.  

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Right.

Only Dustin is right.

He actually committed the sin of throwing perfection away. For that he should never be allowed to coach a game for the rest of his life.

28 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Y'all really covet a mid 2nd round pick more than a Super Bowl winning head coach who's put together some of the best offenses in league history huh?

I'd strongly consider it and it's not like the 2nd isn't negotiable.  I don't knwo why people think we're getting the next Michael Strahan with the 50th pick.  That's a once in a decade type pick.  More than likely, we're going to get a solid contributor with that pick - and that assumes we pick the right guy.  If we could haggle and get Payton and a 4th for this year's 2nd or something like that, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  I wouldn't mind keeping grigs around even, as long as his role was more in the Loomis area.  Just managing the cap and not having a (EDIT: final) say in player personnel decisions.

1 minute ago, Restored said:

Word is that it was Polian's choice, not Caldwell's.

Coach can easily override him when on the field. If I'm coaching towards perfection, no one will stop me. ESPECIALLY in the second half of week 16 with a lead over a mediocre team and another mediocre team in week 17.

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

Coach can easily override him when on the field. If I'm coaching towards perfection, no one will stop me. ESPECIALLY in the second half of week 16 with a lead over a mediocre team and another mediocre team in week 17.

If you want to keep your job, you don't override your boss.

4 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I would disagree that the offense is in place.  We need o line help, at least 1 TE, and a RB for the future.  If the reports for Grigson's meddling are true, most of his meddling had to do with forcing Chuck to play players that Grigson drafted or traded for so that he wouldn't look bad.  With Grigson being a first time GM, I find it hard to believe that he would have a leg to stand on in having a lack of confidence in Chuck.  

And when Grigson wanted an UDFA to start at center over his own 4th round draft pick? It kind of contradicts the notion that he was forcing his trade acquisitions and/or draft picks onto the field.

16 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Lol....I said I didn't like Arians play calling when he was here and was happy when he got the AZ job.   In fact I still bring it up when people say they wish Arians was here.  But keep patting yourself on the back.

You are correct, the world is filled with in between....its just that Pep isn't one of them.

Except that his complete resume says he is.

It's just your opinion (no facts) that says he's not.     You and all the other haters around here....   

17 minutes ago, bababooey said:

He actually committed the sin of throwing perfection away. For that he should never be allowed to coach a game for the rest of his life.

You think he decided that alone?

There was also Jim Irsay and Bill Polian involved with that decision.

5 minutes ago, Restored said:

I'll remember that the next time my boss tells me to do something.

I don't think your job is comparable to an NFL head coach going for a 19-0 record that has never happened. If you are an NFL coach then I'm sorry for arguing with you.

19 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Here's the problem I have with you quoting people. It doesn't matter what other people think! Formulate your own opinion and have a reason for it. My GF does the same thing. We are watching wrestling, (which I can't stand anymore and she likes) and she comes up with a reason why she likes a wrestler (the fans cheer for him or her so they must be good). If you think Caldwell is good, don't base it off Manning and Polian's opinion, base it off yours and tell why. My grandma does the same thing while watching the news, basing her opinions off what others say. Tell why, and don't say because Peyton said it. No one cares if Peyton said it. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Oh,  for Crying Out Loud,  you can NOT be serious!!

I'm pointing to expert opinion and you respond to me.

Other's here are only offering their OPINIONS with nothing to back it up and you say........  NOTHING!

Sorry,  this is not a serious post.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You think he decided that alone?

There was also Jim Irsay and Bill Polian involved with that decision.

Yep and it was a sin for listening to them in the second half of week 16 with a lead over a mediocre Jets team. If they had a better backup QB then by all means rest Peyton but they didn't as we found out the next year.

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

In today's episode of "Guy pretends his job is comparable to a professional sports environment" 

If only people chose to live in reality. The NFL is a business and those hierarchies don't change just because one of them involves professional sports.

2 minutes ago, Restored said:

If only people chose to live in reality. The NFL is a business and those hierarchies don't change just because one of them involves professional sports.

Sure it does. I don't know why people refuse to see this. 

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Sure it does. I don't know why people refuse to see this. 

Owner > GM > HC

That hierarchy isn't too different from what you'd get in a normal business setting. But I'm not here to give you a business 101 course, I'm sure your local community college offers plenty of them.