John Dee

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Reports, reports, reports, all perpetuated by the Indy media, with zero named sources. I'm sorry, I'm hesitant to believe this notion of "woe is me, I didn't get a fair shake to run the team the way I wanted, now I'm being scapegoated." While I'm sure that there's some truth in these reports, I refuse to acknowledge them as gospel until there's, at the very least, a named source attached to them.

I agree with you.  I'm just saying we need grigs gone either way.  If we keep Pagano, then fine but to me Grigs is a problem in more ways than one

10 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Grigson reportedly hired Pep.....doesn't sound like he knows offense either.

Again, "reportedly." But there a lots of questions I'd like to know the answer to... Were there any better options available at the time? What input did Irsay offer? Did the Colts not have a top 5 offense last year with Pep at the helm?

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

id rather just keep pagano anyway. I know thats not a popular choice, but hes done a lot this season with less. peyton went down, season was over. he got 8 wins out of this team. thats saying something

Yea but check the Pagano/Grigson thread. All four years we are at the losing end of by far the most blowouts and huge losses. We are also at the top of winning close games, most being in our division or against weaker teams (minus year 2). Have to go.

Just now, bababooey said:

Yea but check the Pagano/Grigson thread. All four years we are at the losing end of by far the most blowouts and huge losses. We are also at the top of winning close games, most being in our division or against weaker teams (minus year 2). Have to go.

we were only blown out twice this year and came close to beating the panthers and the patriots 

There could be a game of chicken here.  Many think the Saints will fire Payton regardless but they are smart not to do it right away as they might be able to get a pick for him.  If Irsay stays patient he might be able to get him if the Saints fire him as the Saints would have to do at some point to get a coach themselves.  The risks on waiting though would be what do the Colts do if the Saints don't fire Payton or if he goes some place else like Dallas or elects to sit out a year or something?

Just now, csmopar said:

I agree with you.  I'm just saying we need grigs gone either way.  If we keep Pagano, then fine but to me Grigs is a problem in more ways than one

I feel like people are overlooking what it truly means to replace a GM. It means this roster we have in place will get totally blown up, and we'll go into a full rebuild, for 3-4 years of Luck's prime. I personally believe that we're a CB, S, C, and pass rusher away from being a legit contender, so why go that route? Blowing up all the pieces that are in place for the sake of appeasing a bummed out fanbase would be a dire mistake for Irsay to make.

Just now, CR91 said:

we were only blown out twice this year and came close to beating the panthers and the patriots 

It doesn't change the fact that when we were good we were getting blown out and giving up a LOT  more points more often than other playoff teams were. Now we suck and get into dog fights with teams that finish with top 10 picks.

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

It doesn't change the fact that when we were good we were getting blown out and giving up a LOT  more points more often than other playoff teams were. Now we suck and get into dog fights with teams that finish with top 10 picks.

thats improving. you cant expect instant success right off the bat. it doesnt work that way. that fact that we got 6 wins with a 40 year old QB and a journeyman QB speaks volumes

4 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

That is insane to me. A great head coach is worth more than having Coby Fleener (2nd rounder).

In hindsight fleener was not a good second round pick, he was only drafted because he was familiar with Luck.  Bad decision by grigs

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

thats improving. you cant expect instant success right off the bat. it doesnt work that way. that face that we got 6 wins with a 40 year old QB and a journeyman QB speaks volumes

improving is winning more games with occasional duds and making the playoffs, not losing closer matchups and missing the playoffs. We could have easily lost to the Titans, Texans, Falcons by a little. A loss is still a loss no matter how close. That's regressing.

5 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Again, "reportedly." But there a lots of questions I'd like to know the answer to... Were there any better options available at the time? What input did Irsay offer? Did the Colts not have a top 5 offense last year with Pep at the helm?

Even Clyde would have been a better option.  Pep was horrible and his resume never suggested he was ready for the job.

why would Irsay have input?  I don't know why people try to convince themselves Irsay is some kind of meddler.

the Colts once had the the #1 defense under Ron Meeks.....I didn't consider him a good coordinator either.

Just now, bababooey said:

improving is winning more games with occasional duds and making the playoffs, not losing closer matchups and missing the playoffs. We could have easily lost to the Titans, Texans, Falcons by a little. A loss is still a loss no matter how close.

did you watch the colts in 2011? did you see all the teams all the crap teams that killed us because all we were missing was peyton?

Just now, Jonathan24 said:

In hindsight fleener was not a good second round pick, he was only drafted because he was familiar with Luck.  Bad decision by grigs

You might want to look at Fleener's numbers before you say things like that.  At least once he was the Colts second leading receiver.  He's developed into a good blocker and over all a pretty good,player,. Honestly, if the Colts land Payton I would expect Payton to love Fleener and try to turn him into the second coming of Jimmy Graham here.

Now this is ridiculous. He's made a lot of good plays in 4 years but definitely didn't warrant a 2nd round pick.

check his numbers and you'll see its not ridiculous. hes a playmaker 

1 minute ago, Jonathan24 said:

lol wasnt that his first td of the season lol in a game that the titans were trying very hard to tank... I take it that you are a person that loves last impressions.

Yes they were trying so hard to tank it that they were trying to win it at the end.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You might want to look at Fleener's numbers before you say things like that.  At least once he was the Colts second leading receiver.  He's developed into a good blocker and over all a pretty good,player,. Honestly, if the Colts land Payton I would expect Payton to love Fleener and try to turn him into the second coming of Jimmy Graham here.

He will never be Jimmy Graham

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

did you watch the colts in 2011? did you see all the teams all the crap teams that killed us because all we were missing was peyton?

That team was built to wither into dust at the first sign of Peyton playing poorly or not at all.

Why would we want to give a second round pick for a coach that has a worse record than the current coach? Hasn't this guy been 7-9 three out of the past four years? I'm sorry, that is not what I would call an upgrade. Hell, Pagano took a team running on its fourth/fifth string qbs to a better record than Payton. Just my opinion.

Just now, CR91 said:

thats my point. this team didnt whiter. it was still fighting even without luck

Because this team had the talent to make the playoffs and hang with top teams. But they are routinely outcoached, outscored, out-injured, blown out, and fell way too short on expectations.

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't think I've ever seen him shed a tackle. Plus he has terrible hands.

terrible hands? go back and watch him make a against his body catch vs the bengals last year