Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

jmv ... Payton is who Indy wants...

John Dee

5 minutes ago, Jonathan24 said:

In hindsight fleener was not a good second round pick, he was only drafted because he was familiar with Luck.  Bad decision by grigs

Eh. Having a great coach is worth it over some of our previous 2nd rounders. Having some quality players and bad personnel won't get you as far as you think.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, pgt_rob said:

Eh. Having a great coach is worth it over some of our previous 2nd rounders. Having some quality players and bad personnel won't get you as far as you think.

coby fleener

vontae davis

jack mewhort

yea horrible picks

4 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Because this team had the talent to make the playoffs and hang with top teams. But they are routinely outcoached, outscored, out-injured, blown out, and fell way too short on expectations.

three 11-5 seasons after the 2011 season when everyone was counting us out. going one step closer in the playoffs every year. beating teams like the packers seahawks 49ers broncos 3 out of 4 times. yea we're one horrible team

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

who the heck is jimmy graham in this league? if that was your expectation of him when he got drafted, you were doomed to be disappointed 

You might want to respond to the person who claimed he could be turned into the next Jimmy Graham......it wasnt me.

2 minutes ago, Jonathan24 said:

Fleener best games this year was against the titans last week (88yards 1td and jville week 4 (83 yards 1td)  Doyle could get those numbers.

doyle is nothing, but a blocking TE. go back to last season when he caught 8 tds and almost had 1000 yards. think he had like 750-800

Just now, CR91 said:

three 11-5 seasons after the 2011 season when everyone was counting us out. going one step closer in the playoffs every year. beating teams like the packers seahawks 49ers broncos 3 out of 4 times. yea we're one horrible team

We played in the AFC SOUTH! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!! I've said on the forum that after 2012 when we beat top teams we regressed because we ended up getting smoked by the better teams and beat up on who we should have beat up on. Now this year we didn't beat up on anybody. That's regression and enough to warrant a coaching change.

25 minutes ago, csmopar said:

well...the reports are that he forced TRich into the lineup as well as harrison and Herremans.......Grigs doesnt know offense either

Sigh...why is it that people constantly choose to just look at one side of the coin? 

Thornton started at RG during TC and preseason until he got hurt.  When Herremans started in his place and failed after two games...only two games..... he was replaced then waived.  Its not like he actually played a lot.

You could say, that anybody who knows that DBrown, Boom Herron,  AQ Shipley, and Khalid Holmes aren't any good, knows something about offense.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

coby fleener

vontae davis

jack mewhort

yea horrible picks

I didn't say they were horrible picks? Don't know where you thought that. I just think having a great coach can put us in a greater opportunity than drafting a Jack Mewhort, Coby Fleener, etc. I'm not knocking those players at all. I'm just verifying how important good coaching really is.

2 minutes ago, bababooey said:

We played in the AFC SOUTH! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!! I've said on the forum that after 2012 when we beat top teams we regressed because we ended up getting smoked by the better teams and beat up on who we should have beat up on. Now this year we didn't beat up on anybody. That's regression and enough to warrant a coaching change.

who the heck cares where we play. the patriots lost to the freakin dolphins for crying out loud. we beat the seahawks 49ers and broncos the following year. 

12 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Even Clyde would have been a better option.  Pep was horrible and his resume never suggested he was ready for the job.

why would Irsay have input?  I don't know why people try to convince themselves Irsay is some kind of meddler.

the Colts once had the the #1 defense under Ron Meeks.....I didn't consider him a good coordinator either.

1. Speculative, at best.

2. He's the owner, he always has the last say.

3. 1 season, 1, they were ranked #1, so no one thinks Meeks was a good DC.

My point is that people keep saying that T-Rich was forced on Pagano, in a year when our offense was ranked #3 in the NFL. The VERY next season, we get a massive upgrade at RB in Frank Gore, a guy Pagano specifically wanted, he puts him on a pitch count, and our offense ranked pretty much dead last. What am I missing?

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

who the heck cares where we play. the patriots lost to the freakin dolphins for crying out loud. we beat the seahawks 49ers and broncos the following year. 

And we get smoked by the Pats every time. The Dolphins see them twice a year, same with the Jets and those teams have talent. The pats are so decimated they weren't going to sweep the afc east. Either way they were able to get the 2nd seed by beating everyone else.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

1. Speculative, at best.

My point is that people keep saying that T-Rich was forced on Pagano, in a year when our offense was ranked #3 in the NFL. The VERY next season, we get a massive upgrade at RB in Frank Gore, a guy Pagano specifically wanted, he puts him on a pitch count, and our offense ranked pretty much dead last. What am I missing?

28th overall offense. 22nd pass. 29th run. 24th points.

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

And we get smoked by the Pats every time. The Dolphins see them twice a year, same with the Jets and those teams have talent. The pats are so decimated they weren't going to sweep the afc east. Either way they were able to get the 2nd seed by beating everyone else.

who the heck doesnt get smoked by the pats? the only team that has a winning record vs the pats is the giants. stop acting like we're the only team that loses to them. they got the second seed because they were 10-0 to start the season. 

Just now, CR91 said:

who the heck doesnt get smoked by the pats? the only team that has a winning record vs the pats is the giants. stop acting like we're the only team that loses to them. they got the second seed because they were 10-0 to start the season. 

Lots of teams lose close to them. They also don't go 16-0 every year.

Just now, bababooey said:

Lots of teams lose close to them. They also don't go 16-0 every year.

like who? they blow out the entire afc east basically every year. they blow out the steelers every time they play them. the only teams that dont get blown out are the giants and ravens

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I hate to say this, but we still depend on Andrew Luck more than ever, and this year shows it. If he's not healthy, this team stinks, plain and simple. We were lucky Hasselback held on as long as he did. Then we fell apart. We can't even compete with the new look Jags without luck anymore. It's not all on Pagano and the coaching and I don't want payton, but we are devoid of talent, and without Luck carrying us, we have no chance, and this year proves it.

8 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

1. Speculative, at best.

Of course it's speculative, I don't think that needed pointed out.  But you really think finding someone better than Pep would have been difficult?

He not a meddler, never has been.

No one thinks Pep is a good OC.  One game with Chud and Luck and the offense actually looked like a pro was in charge.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I hate to say this, but we still depend on Andrew Luck more than ever, and this year shows it. If he's not healthy, this team stinks, plain and simple. We were lucky Hasselback held on as long as he did. Then we fell apart. We can't even compete with the new look Jags without luck anymore. It's not all on Pagano and the coaching and I don't want payton, but we are devoid of talent, and without Luck carrying us, we have no chance, and this year proves it.

yes we are not a playoff team without luck, but we can still win games. thats what this season proved. look at the ravens. as soon as they lost flacco, they were done

15 minutes ago, CR91 said:

doyle is nothing, but a blocking TE. go back to last season when he caught 8 tds and almost had 1000 yards. think he had like 750-800

Im not saying that Fleener is a bad player but was he really worth heing a second round pick..I think he had 3rd round volume.

1 hour ago, chrisfarley said:

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  But at least this indicates that Pagano is in Irsay's office right now pleading his case about to get the ax.  But when all the dust settles, Gruden will more than likely be our new coach.  Would be great to have his fire and passion on-board.  His football intellect is off the charts, he was head coach in the NFL for 11 years, his coaching tree is more than impressive, and he has a ring.

When you actually take a look at Gruden as a HC, it really isn't all that impressive.

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

like who? they blow out the entire afc east basically every year. they blow out the steelers every time they play them. the only teams that dont get blown out are the giants and ravens

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots

10 teams either beat the Pats or stay within 8 points of them in a loss in 2015. The Pats aren't as invincible as you think, we just stink without Luck.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

yes we are not a playoff team without luck, but we can still win games. thats what this season proved. look at the ravens. as soon as they lost flacco, they were done

They struggled to beat crap teams with maybe the best backup in the league.  And a couple of those crap teams handed the colts the win on a silver platter.

the colts played two good games this season.....first game against the Texans and later against the Bucs.

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

They don't blow out the AFC east every year lol. They lost to the Jets and Dolphins this year. They beat the Jets by a combined 3 points over 2 games last year and the Jets didn't have a QB, WR1, or secondary. They've lost to Denver this year, in the AFC championship, and beat them on a muffed punt in OT. Bills beat them last year. They beat the Steelers by a touchdown in week 1. You're just grasping, come on.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

They struggled to beat crap teams with maybe the best backup in the league.  And a couple of those crap teams handed the colts the win on a silver platter.

the colts played two good games this season.....first game against the Texans and later against the Bucs.

best backup in the league? hes freakin 40 year old and as brittle as glass

10 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Of course it's speculative, I don't think that needed pointed out.  But you really think finding someone better than Pep would have been difficult?

He not a meddler, never has been.

No one thinks Pep is a good OC.  One game with Chud and Luck and the offense actually looked like a pro was in charge.

Offenses don't tend to look good when you have a terrible o-line and a 40-year old banged up quarterback.

There's no mystery here....

22 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Sigh...why is it that people constantly choose to just look at one side of the coin? 

Thornton started at RG during TC and preseason until he got hurt.  When Herremans started in his place and failed after two games...only two games..... he was replaced then waived.  Its not like he actually played a lot.

You could say, that anybody who knows that DBrown, Boom Herron,  AQ Shipley, and Khalid Holmes aren't any good, knows something about offense.

Actually, there I was just playing Devil's advocate. I think the Colt's problems are a combination of both Grigs and Pagano and think both should be fired, however, if I had to chose just 1 to keep, I'd keep Pagano