Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning vs. Brady: One Last Story Book Game

King Colt

Denver could host New England and Manning is in as the QB from today on after their win today. NE lost again (four of their last six) so they are not the home field winner. What a great story book ending(?) to Manning's career if he could beat his long time nemesis one last time then go to the Super Bowl and win there. 

1 minute ago, JCPatriot said:

First things first.  Gotta win the divisional game.

Yeah I have to admit the Chiefs and Steelers are a bit scary. Should be fun. I am a Colts fan but have a dog in this fight because I picked Denver to win it all and said Peyton wasn't done so this keeps my fire going. Watching Peyton play well made my whole day, along with the Pats losing, and Colts even won to have a non-losing season. Pretty great Sunday.

I would like to see Manning beat Brady one more time , It would be even better to see the broncos win the super bowl, If this happens I would hope that he ends his career at the top , I felt really bad watching him play  hurt this year kinda like an old dog that needed put out of his misery. You dont want to have do it but you know it needs to be done.

13 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

The big question is whether Peyton will strive for double digit 1-and-done's.  

He's clearly capable of it .

The question is whether Brady's horrendous line gets him killed in the playoffs. They're clearly capable of it.

20 hours ago, King Colt said:

Denver could host New England and Manning is in as the QB from today on after their win today. NE lost again (four of their last six) so they are not the home field winner. What a great story book ending(?) to Manning's career if he could beat his long time nemesis one last time then go to the Super Bowl and win there. 

I would be very disappointed if its not NE vs. Denver....

Not that Pitt couldn't beat Denver or Cincy could whack NE..

But it would be a TV event for the ages

Tuesday morning Funnies at their finest.   haha

Back to the topic at hand...  I'd love to see one more Manning vs. Brady,   even if they are both a little banged up right now (and they are, ironically both with foot issues)    There is nothing like the excitement of those two on the field.

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Tuesday morning Funnies at their finest.   haha

Back to the topic at hand...  I'd love to see one more Manning vs. Brady,   even if they are both a little banged up right now (and they are, ironically both with foot issues)    There is nothing like the excitement of those two on the field.

I want to see it too. It would break all ratings.

17 hours ago, ViriLudant said:

You mean like that shot that Peyton took that resulted in grass growing out of his helmet?

6 hours ago, ViriLudant said:

LOL.

No, the offensive line "saved the season."

Peyton himself said so.  So go ahead and try to disagree.

Which is it?  Are they bad or good?  Pick one please.

1 hour ago, amfootball said:

My post was not intended to try to change anyone's opinion of the team or its success. There were many on this forum, however, who were interested to see how the Pats fumbles rates and Brady's performance would fair with the league now monitoring air pressure so closely. My post was just providing those data points now that the season has ended.

Your post came across as trying to discredit anyone saying that they gained a competitive advantage over other teams by bending the rules.  The issue is not whether or not they benefited, its the fact that they did it at all and have a well documented history of it.

Edit:  Ah dang it.  You got me.  smooth, really smooth.  Another hijack.  I wont do it again.

34 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

We aren't talking about the case or rehashing all the arguments...nobody wants to do that and unfortunately every mention of it results in a locked thread, but we should be able to talk about certain details such as this that have come up since, just for our own edification if nothing else.

J/K, this is fine. Just as long as we don't go tumbling down the rabbit hole.

For the record, I never bought into the fumbles theory. Not surprised to see it basically debunked. I'm also interested in the PSI numbers, if the league ever lets those out. Doesn't change the shady behavior from McNally, but if those PSI readings from the AFCCG are typical at halftime then it undermines the basis of the investigation to begin with.

10 hours ago, ViriLudant said:

LOL.

No, the offensive line "saved the season."

Peyton himself said so.  So go ahead and try to disagree.

No logic there, VL.  Nice try, though.

Down 13-7, Manning brought them from behind twice. He checked out of bad plays..hit passes.

He was a leader...in a time of crisis

Like it or not. The Sherriff rides again...

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:08 PM, JCPatriot said:

First things first.  Gotta win the divisional game.

Yeah, that's what I was going to say. I think the Steelers will win in Cincinnati. The Steelers won't be an easy win for anyone, including NE.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:42 PM, basspapaw said:

I would like to see Manning beat Brady one more time , It would be even better to see the broncos win the super bowl, If this happens I would hope that he ends his career at the top , I felt really bad watching him play  hurt this year kinda like an old dog that needed put out of his misery. You dont want to have do it but you know it needs to be done.

One last time? You do know that Brady basically owns Manning in their head to heads? It won't happen anyway as the Steelers will crush Denver after they've disposed of the Bengals this week.