Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cutting it close...

Detectacon

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

My apologies. Crazy Monday coupled with lack of sleep and a pregnant wife who also was lacking sleep made me a bit loopy yesterday. It's kinda embarrassing to read my post now heh...

Hey, no worries!     Other than the "pregnant wife" thing,  I've been there, and done that.    Been loopy myself plenty of times and written plenty of posts that I'd like to forget.

But you've got great news coming!     You're going to be a dad!     Nothing better than that!

Couldn't be happier for you!     I trust when the big day comes you'll post an announcement here!  

Best news on the website in some time!    A big congratulations to you and your MRS!!   (She's doing all the hard work and heavy lifting!)

:thmup:          :thmup:          :thmup:         :thmup:

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Hey, no worries!     Other than the "pregnant wife" thing,  I've been there, and done that.    Been loopy myself plenty of times and written plenty of posts that I'd like to forget.

But you've got great news coming!     You're going to be a dad!     Nothing better than that!

Couldn't be happier for you!     I trust when the big day comes you'll post an announcement here!  

Best news on the website in some time!    A big congratulations to you and your MRS!!   (She's doing all the hard work and heavy lifting!)

:thmup:          :thmup:          :thmup:         :thmup:

Thanks! We are very excited! I'll make sure to post a pic with our little one in some Colts gear! Gotta start 'em out right! :D

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I stand corrected. Dorsett is not a bust. The TRich trade at the time was thought to be a good move. But when your agenda is bashing Grigson it don't matter what he does, did or what he might do. You will find fault with anything. Go ahead and overlook the good things and hand pick your comments and opinions to push your narrow minded point of view.

I had no problem with getting Trich I was one of his fans but you don't trade a 1 st for a RB 

2 hours ago, MTC said:

Yes, but Denver now has Osweiler and they have cut down the turnovers. Both teams have changed.

We haven't had Luck since that game. That's the biggest change. He's coming back.

By the way, this 'we're one and done in the playoffs' stuff is just what people were saying a year ago. 

2 hours ago, Superman said:

We haven't had Luck since that game. That's the biggest change. He's coming back.

By the way, this 'we're one and done in the playoffs' stuff is just what people were saying a year ago. 

Selective memories always conjure up the good & bad to fit the unknown.

58 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Selective memories always conjure up the good & bad to fit the unknown.

I like that...truth is, the Colts have played terrible in some games/halves/quarters and great in some. I was at the Carolina game and it was a good example of the inconsistency this team has shown all year.

If the Colts can find consistency for 60 minutes for the next 4 games and in the playoffs, they've got a shot. Getting players back will help.

Of course, they could miss the playoffs.  Or somehow get into the playoffs and look terrible.  But to get there, they have to clean things up in these next four games to begin with. This gives me some hope.

28 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I like that...truth is, the Colts have played terrible in some games/halves/quarters and great in some. I was at the Carolina game and it was a good example of the inconsistency this team has shown all year.

If the Colts can find consistency for 60 minutes for the next 4 games and in the playoffs, they've got a shot. Getting players back will help.

Of course, they could miss the playoffs.  Or somehow get into the playoffs and look terrible.  But to get there, they have to clean things up in these next four games to begin with. This gives me some hope.

Still haven't played a complete game. Maybe we won't, but the idea that this can play better than it has isn't unrealistic at all. Especially when Luck comes back.

On 12/7/2015 at 0:43 AM, Superman said:

Calling for your team to pack up on a season that isn't over is being a quitter, and is not better than going to the playoffs, regardless of draft position.

Of course, this does not surprise me. You wanted to tank the season in Week 3.

I really would have a hard time supporting a team that doesn't try to win every game. Regardless of the situation. To do othetwise is a slap in the face to every ticket holder.

On December 7, 2015 at 9:17 AM, azcolt said:

The Pats team Houston is playing on Sunday is beat up and on a two game losing streak. Don't assume a Houston loss.

I agree, not a given at all.  It wouldn't surprise me if Colts lost and the Texans won. Nothing would surprise me this year.

On 12/7/2015 at 5:18 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Just don't wanna pick in the damn 20s this team needs some freaking more talent 

Go back and look through the last 10 drafts... you will find a lot of the teams picking below 15th are in there every time...

How many times have the Browns and Jags picked in the top 10 the last 10 years? 
How many times have the Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Giants or Packers?..... Having high draft picks doesnt necessarily mean you are going to be a better team... In fact there is evidence to suggest otherwise...

It's hard to fathom, anyone placing more emphasis on future draft than reaching your goals in the current season?  I know every teams sets goals at the beginning of the season.  The first, Win the Division and thus secure a home playoff game!  This goal is still very possible for our Colts.  Why would anyone quit when their goal is right there in front of them ripe for the taking?

As others have mentioned, once in the playoffs, anything can happen.  I still remember all the media heads predicting Larry Johnson would 'punch us in the mouth' and the KC Chiefs would swiftly ship the soft Colts out of the running in the playoffs.

Two things I look for in the playoffs, getting hot and getting healthy.  one or the other of those gives you a shot. Having both together could put a team on a roll.  We get Luck back, maybe some others, collect some wins and confidence... who knows?  But i would see where that leads rather than wait to see how many positions we move up in next years draft.  No question.

On 12/8/2015 at 0:56 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

I think NFL players have little pull these days. If the medical team doesn't clear them, the coaches generally won't over rule them; as witnessed here-

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000596476/Ron-Rivera-gets-heated-during-press-conference

If medical team clears a player, coach makes the decision. If players says he can't go when the medical team says there is no medical limitation, then player better have good reason. Typically it's the opposite though, player wants back in the lineup but docs won't allow it.

I can understand Matt has had to play a lot and the fuel tank empty much faster at his age.  Hope he can perform just one or two more games.

Good explanation.  MH is a gamer, But you're right, he's gotta be feeling it a heck-a-va-lot worse than when he was 30 or even 35.  It's amazing how the body just fizzles out at 40 and much much sooner for some as it relates to NFL football.  Years of injuries, hip-wear, knee wear and such , you'd think medical magic could get players back to playing like they are 10 years younger , oh wait, there's always PED's and the likelihood that they will one day be legal.

17 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Go back and look through the last 10 drafts... you will find a lot of the teams picking below 15th are in there every time...

How many times have the Browns and Jags picked in the top 10 the last 10 years? 
How many times have the Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Giants or Packers?..... Having high draft picks doesnt necessarily mean you are going to be a better team... In fact there is evidence to suggest otherwise...

Except they don't have a QB so this argument is false 

4 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Except they don't have a QB so this argument is false 

And yet you still prove my point... they are always in the top 10 to be able to choose one...... Having a high draft pick doesnt guarantee you will be able to find a player though.

4 hours ago, Chucklez said:

And yet you still prove my point... they are always in the top 10 to be able to choose one...... Having a high draft pick doesnt guarantee you will be able to find a player though.

Most could have a QB they just don't know how to draft pulse true franchise QBs don't come out every year some drafts there can be a QB drought so no still don't mean picking in the top won't help everyone knows you have a shot at the best players in the draft the closer to the beginning you are. 

You give any team like Cleveland NYJ Bills that have picked in the top half of the draft either of the last 2 QBs we have had and they are true SB contenders.

And who said anything about a guarantee? I didn't but you have to be a fool to think the players at the top aren't better more times then not

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 0:18 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Just don't wanna pick in the damn 20s this team needs some freaking more talent 

Regardless of where we pick in the first round, we can find talented players that fit our need.  I wouldn't even be opposed of trading 1 & 2 (or 3) to get into the top 10 or 15 to get one of the best pass rushers in the draft (assuming we take care of OL in FA) or vice versa.

the thing with tanking is the colts were never close to being a contender until "earning" the #1 pick to draft peyton and luck

i didnt forget about jim harbaugh's run, but they were heavy underdogs and couldnt sustain the success after losing to the steelers

even after drafting peyton, it took a high pick on defense(freeney) to make a run at the super bowl