Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (-3) @ Denver (11-28-15)

oldunclemark

8:30 EST....Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth on NBC

Mid-20s with light winds...over-under 43.5

Pivotal game of the AFC season....matching AFC East and West leaders

..NE star 'Shady' Tom Brady (271 of 409, 25 Tds, 3,320 yards - No.1 in the NFL) has thrown only 4 interceptions

has TE Rob Gronkowski (51 catches, 843 yards, 8 TDs) but not a lot else.

..Julian Edelman (61 catches, 692 yards) is out and Danny Amendola (49 catches, 520 yards) is doubtful.

Patriots have just 920 yards rushing as a team in 10 games but Brady averages 12 yards per completion.

NE Averages 24 first downs a game, No. 1 in the NFL

DE Chandler Jones is No,.2 in the NFL in sacks with 10.5

Denver 4th year QB Brock Osweiler gets his 1st home start and he'll have both Demariyus Thomas (71 catches 875 yards) and Emmanuel Sanders (46 catches, 639 yards) with him as Sanders will be back after a week on the sidelines. Newly acquired TE Vernon Davis,. caught six passes from Osweiler last week.

Broncos cant run the ball either..just 944 yards in 10 games.

Guard Evan Mathis is doubtful with an ankle injury. DE DeMarcus Ware is also doubtful for the 3rd consecutive week with a bad back.

Denver allows just 284 yards a game and 4.7 yards per play, both No. 1 in the NFL.

A New England (10-0) win clinches the AFC East but a Denver (8-2) upset pulls the Broncos to wining one game of NE for the conference lead.

Seems certain to be a low-scoring game because both teams have so many injured offensive players.

The under is a good call and Denver, which is going to be very conservative and field goal friendly, is a better bet if you can get 3 points

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seeing a lot of field goals and both teams have very good kickers,,DeMarcus Ware not playing is big

That is big as Miller does not do as well without Ware in there. That is a big plus for the Pats offense as Brady will have to hold the ball longer like he did vs the Bills given he is down to just two receivers - Harper and LaFell.

I think the spread is about right. I expect a close game with the Pats winning 20-17 or 24-20.

That is big as Miller does not do as well without Ware in there. That is a big plus for the Pats offense as Brady will have to hold the ball longer like he did vs the Bills given he is down to just two receivers - Harper and LaFell.

I think the spread is about right. I expect a close game with the Pats winning 20-17 or 24-20.

Collins playing ?

Amendola is questionable with many thinking he will not play. Collins is doubtful. This game has shades of 2013 all over with Brady down to the bare bones on offense but at least he has Gronk. I expect Pats to go heavy TEs with Gronk, Chandler and Williams and hope some underneath stuff opens for White and Harper.

Amendola is questionable with many thinking he will not play. Collins is doubtful. This game has shades of 2013 all over with Brady down to the bare bones on offense but at least he has Gronk. I expect Pats to go heavy TEs with Gronk, Chandler and Williams and hope some underneath stuff opens for White and Harper.

CSN New England's Michael Giardi reports Danny Amendola (knee) is not expected to travel with the team to Denver.

Reports surfaced Friday night Amendola would not make the trip, but New England was not expected to make the final decision until after Amendola worked out Saturday morning. It appears they did not see what they needed to in the workout, and Amendola will not suit up against the Broncos. Amendola's absence leaves New England very thin at receiver. Keshawn Martin (hamstring, questionable) should see the majority of the snaps if he is active, and Chris Harper should have a decent sized role as well. Neither is worth starting against the best pass defense in the league. Amendola being close this week suggests he should be good to go Week 13.
Nov 28 - 10:57 AM

CSN New England's Michael Giardi reports Danny Amendola (knee) is not expected to travel with the team to Denver.

Reports surfaced Friday night Amendola would not make the trip, but New England was not expected to make the final decision until after Amendola worked out Saturday morning. It appears they did not see what they needed to in the workout, and Amendola will not suit up against the Broncos. Amendola's absence leaves New England very thin at receiver. Keshawn Martin (hamstring, questionable) should see the majority of the snaps if he is active, and Chris Harper should have a decent sized role as well. Neither is worth starting against the best pass defense in the league. Amendola being close this week suggests he should be good to go Week 13.
Nov 28 - 10:57 AM

Thanks for posting. I figured he would not play but glad that he was at least able to practice. The Pats do not need this game so I would rather see them rest Danny and Collins too and be ready to go the last 5 weeks as their competition is pretty weak the rest of the way. If they are able to somehow pull it out then that is a bonus and sets them up well to get HFA.

Over the last two regular seasons, the Patriots are 2-5 when playing on grass. Sunday will be their first game on grass this season.

That surprised me when you wrote it Elvis (far be it from me to question 'the King'"

but I looked it up and Denver's field is a combination of grass and artficial fiber...

Fibers that bolster the natural grass...seems strange to me....but apparently true.

So the Broncos DO play on a grass field and then again, they dont.

The field isn't an issue but the altitude always is in Denver if you've never played a full game there before

I think Osweiler decides this game. If he turns the ball over or stalls their offense in other ways (sacks, incompletions), then the Pats can win. But if Osweiler plays even a decent game, I think Denver's defense can handle New England's offense, especially without Edelman and Amendola. The Pats have a shaky OL, and the Broncos have one of the best pass rushing units in the league. The game is in Denver. They have all their weapons on offense, and if they get that run game going, they can pass more easily. Aside from Brady >>> Osweiler, I think the game and matchup favors the Broncos. 

I have to choose someone for my weekly football picks, but this is close. They're playing in Denver so the Broncos have homefield advantage.

The Patriots are riddled with injuries, which could be a factor.

Denver has one of the best, if not THE best defense in the NFL.

Patriots have a past record of playing well against second string quarterbacks.

Going with Patriots just because of coaching. No matter, they still find ways to win and I'm thinking it will continue. However, a Denver victory wouldn't shock me just because NE is vulnerable to a loss sometime soon.

Should be a good game.

80% chance of light snow during the game

I agree, Supe.....Pats are going to have trouble moving the ball like everybody does in Denver and the O-line on the road is big.

Osweiler is the wild card...I would say there's a lot of pressure on him but there was last week, too.

He's pretty calm and he'll have Emmanual Sanders back to stretch the defense (he threw 10 times to the tight ends last week)

Aaron Rodgers couldnt find anyone open in Denver 3 weeks ago...and Tom Brady is going in with less of a receiving core.

Denver matches up very well with NE

I have to choose someone for my weekly football picks, but this is close. They're playing in Denver so the Broncos have homefield advantage.

The Patriots are riddled with injuries, which could be a factor.

Denver has one of the best, if not THE best defense in the NFL.

Patriots have a past record of playing well against second string quarterbacks.

Going with Patriots just because of coaching. No matter, they still find ways to win and I'm thinking it will continue. However, a Denver victory wouldn't shock me just because NE is vulnerable to a loss sometime soon.

Should be a good game.

Why no credit for the best scoring defense in the NFL?

80% chance of light snow during the game

I agree, Supe.....Pats are going to have trouble moving the ball like everybody does in Denver and the O-line on the road is big.

Osweiler is the wild card...I would say there's a lot of pressure on him but there was last week, too.

He's pretty calm and he'll have Emmanual Sanders back to stretch the defense (he threw 10 times to the tight ends last week)

Aaron Rodgers couldnt find anyone open in Denver 3 weeks ago...and Tom Brady is going in with less of a receiving core.

Denver matches up very well with NE

Denver has a terrible Oline and is missing Mathis on top. Oz has his weapons but we will see if he can get him the ball. Pats defense has been playing better than Denver's the last few weeks. Still, I expect a tight game.

Denver has a terrible Oline and is missing Mathis on top. Oz has his weapons but we will see if he can get him the ball. Pats defense has been playing better than Denver's the last few weeks. Still, I expect a tight game.

Denver's O-line was not at all terrible last week...400 yards vs. Bears and the defense was very good.

The Pats O-line is more crucial because, as I know you know, they're on the road..and cant hear the count.

You start a split second slower. I expect a low-scoring game

That Kubiak play=action roll out stuff is low-risk hard to stop if you run it right...the tight end seems always open...but 23-24 points should win this game.

.. This is the biggest game of the year in Denver...a lot fo fun..especially if it snows

The majority seem to be going with Denver. Maybe this is the changing of the guard in Denver in more ways than one. I will watch that game as this weeks games pretty much suck in general. Maybe I'll even pass on some games and take whatshername, my wife out for Sunday lunch.

I understand everyone's view about Denver winning this game. Weather may or may not be a big factor. We'll see. Thought I'd also throw out this tidbit ... How does Brady play in inclement weather? How does Osweiler?

Something to think about. Even without Edelman/Amendola.

I understand everyone's view about Denver winning this game. Weather may or may not be a big factor. We'll see. Thought I'd also throw out this tidbit ... How does Brady play in inclement weather? How does Osweiler?

Something to think about. Even without Edelman/Amendola.

I think the feeling is that NE's injured at offensive skill positions make this a bad match for the Pats right now.

I'd pick the Pats if all their guys were healthy.

Something else to think about. Osweiler isn't a rookie and I doubt he was checking out the cheerleaders during the last six Denver-NE games...He knew eventually it would be him out there.

We all know that having a guy sit 2 or 3 years is the old school way of prepping a QB.

Denver folks seem to think he's ready for this

Denver's O-line was not at all terrible last week...400 yards vs. Bears and the defense was very good.

The Pats O-line is more crucial because, as I know you know, they're on the road..and cant hear the count.

You start a split second slower. I expect a low-scoring game

That Kubiak play=action roll out stuff is low-risk hard to stop if you run it right...the tight end seems always open...but 23-24 points should win this game.

.. This is the biggest game of the year in Denver...a lot fo fun..especially if it snows

Brock was sacked 5 times last week. The Denver Oline was not good. And now Mathis is out.

The noise won't bother Brady or the Oline as they will be on a silent count and their Oline is back healthy with Vollmer, Shaq and Jackson all expected to start. Stork will be back at center as well.

Perhaps the one thing we are all not factoring is and should be is who is on the sideline. Belichick vs Kubiak is probably the biggest mismatch in this game along with Brady vs Brock and Brady vs Phillips.

Why no credit for the best scoring defense in the NFL?

Not sure what you mean. Denver's defense has been in the news because many of their games have been won because of it. New England has remained unbeaten because of offense, defense and taking advantage of other teams' mistakes. They utulize players in such a way as to get the best out of them and come up with wins.Giivng credit tot eh team as a whole and for coaching.