Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We go 11-5 for 3rd place in AFC

indyspeed13

Yesterday could be a spark for us. It should be, but apparently the team has been affected by the front office and coaching situation, and that's going to be a thing all season long, so that could still be a factor moving forward. 

I certainly think this roster is talented enough to win out, but it's time to take it one game at a time. 

As far as the #3 seed? I doubt it. The three above us got off to way too good of a start, and they aren't going to implode like that barring a QB injury. We're certainly looking at a chance to get hot at the right time though. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think realistically thinking with my brain it will probably play out like this:

1. Denver 14-2, I think they get the 1 Seed because I think they beat NE

2. NE 14-2

3. Cincy 13-3

4. Us 9-7

The 2 WildCards are a crapshoot at this point and too tough to call. If the first 4 seeds hold up and each team wins we would play Denver in Round 2. The winner of that Denver/NE game will be the 1 Seed. I think NE will lose at either the Giants this upcoming week or at Jets, Denver will only lose 1 more game IMO and beat Cincy later this season. Denver has Cincy in MileHigh.

Yesterday could be a spark for us. It should be, but apparently the team has been affected by the front office and coaching situation, and that's going to be a thing all season long, so that could still be a factor moving forward. 

I certainly think this roster is talented enough to win out, but it's time to take it one game at a time. 

As far as the #3 seed? I doubt it. The three above us got off to way too good of a start, and they aren't going to implode like that barring a QB injury. We're certainly looking at a chance to get hot at the right time though. 

All you need is to get hot. Definitely a spark. Played tough with New England and Carolina despite some bonehead mistakes. Just get to the playoffs. Any Given Sunday.

That makes a lot of sense. I'm definitely not as football savvy as you. I just meant what I said by the fact we did not score any points until a garbage time TD and a complete abandonment of the run. Still think if we got that onsides kick it would have been a 14 point swing (possibly a TD drive for us, definitely not one for them). We definitely overthought it and beat ourselves but with Chud I can feel confident in the gameplan as long as the execution is up there as well.

Would you welcome Saban as our coach as his name has been tossed around if Pagano wasn't retained?

I could find room in my heart for Saban, if that were the case. Not my first choice, though. He's a little too old school for me, and his ideal offense and defense feature big, heavy footed players, not fast, dynamic playmakers. And, of course, he wants a lot of control over personnel, which is good and bad. 

Sure it's only 1 game.  We have been right there all season though, and it's the doom and gloom fans that bring the overall morale of the whole fanbase down.  

Really?  What do you base this claim on?  Negative people on a message board?  99% of Colts fans don't know this place exists. Outside of that, fans are usually listening to media, not doom and gloom fans.  The only fans most fans hear from are their immediate friends and family outside of media. 

Which team is going to lose 5 or more games in the last 8 among NE, CINCY or 4 more game at Denver? Can't see that happening.

Denver could easily lose to NE, Cincy, Oakland, and KC. Will they lose all of those? Probably not, but still.

Denver could easily lose to NE, Cincy, Oakland, and KC. Will they lose all of those? Probably not, but still.

Just as we could easily lose any one of our remaining games... for us to win them all and Denver to lose 4 seems impossible short of a season ending injury to Manning.  

Oh what 1 win can do for overconfidence from the fanbase. (Not to poo-poo your confidence in the team, it is a good thing)...

But let's be real, 7 games left and this team has been anything but convincing barring yesterday's game. Two days ago people were saying we'd be lucky to go 8 - 8 and more likely it will be 6 - 10 or 7 - 9... now all of a sudden it's 10 - 6 or 11 - 5?

I get it, we played a great ball game yesterday, but let's just pump the breaks a bit on winning out now... We could just as easily go out to Atlanta and get our butts handed to us....

I knew this was gonna be the case after I seen we won

Did anyone notice on the NFL Channel when they were showing the comparison between Peyton/Luck over the 1st 60 games they had it backwards. It was showing Peyton 37-23 and Luck 30-30, not only that the person doing the highlights said we know all about Luck's TD to INT ratio! Peyton's was worse, they had the stats on the wrong player. These dudes get paid 6 figures and cant even get that right. They don't watch our team. If you didn't see it you can Youtube Colts/Broncos highlights. Luck is now 38-23 and his TD to INT ratio is much better than Peyton's was over their first 60 games.

nfl network also said henry anderson tore his acl vs NE

Really?  What do you base this claim on?  Negative people on a message board?  99% of Colts fans don't know this place exists. Outside of that, fans are usually listening to media, not doom and gloom fans.  The only fans most fans hear from are their immediate friends and family outside of media. 

I'm talking about all of the negative nancy's on this forum!  Week after week (after losses) people were all doom and gloom.  If it wasn't for a handful of easily avoidable mistakes this team could very won all 3 of those games after the 3 game win streak, and also against Bills/Jets.  Chuck calls them (SINS) Self Inflicted Negatives, which is the root cause of most of our losses.  Pep was too conservative and perhaps didn't utilize strengths but this team quite literally is the same.  We are good, have been all year!  It's mind boggling how people think this team is sooooo different just because of firing Pep and we beat an undefeated team.  I think everybody's opinion would've been very different if we won against New England and Carolina (even if we still lossed to the Saints).  More of our fans would've never had the doom or gloom mentality.  Perhaps even calling us the best team in the league, if that were to happen!  All I'm saying is that people's perception is far off.  Just because we lost against good teams doesn't mean anything, nor does this 1 win against Denver.  The Colts "are who I thought they were" all along.  Very good, yet inconsistent until they repeatedly get over the SINS that they beat themselves!  Just watch, they may lose 2 games the rest of the season, but I'm saying only 1.  Doesn't mean they're the best team though, eventhough average fans looking at stat sheets and watching highlights or listening to opinionated anaylsts may cause them to think they are by (regular) seasons end!  Once the playoffs come, then we will see who they really are.  I for one won't be sold on them winning the SB until they quit SINning lol.  Although, I am definitely not going to count them out this year either, because the talent is there!

All you need is to get hot. Definitely a spark. Played tough with New England and Carolina despite some bonehead mistakes. Just get to the playoffs. Any Given Sunday.

I've been thinking the same thing lately--it's encouraging the Colts have been competitive against the unbeatens. It shows they can hang--kind of.

If we keep this up then I'm predicting 10-6. All we gotta do is beat 1 of Pittsburgh or Atlanta. Because other than that we play a bunch of nobodies. I think we can definitely win out though. But to play it safe I'm saying 10-6.

I think we can take Atlanta. They started off hot, but going down hill it appears. We started at the bottom of the hill and heading up. We'll pass them by on the way to the top. :)

Just wave to them as we go by... :hat: or tip of the hat. Didn't see a properly waving emoticon.

Patriots 8-0 (own tiebreaker)

Bengals 8-0

Broncos 7-1 

Unfortunately we are locked into the 4th seed. We can't move up. But we can't move down either. If all of the seeds hold wildcard weekend, we will likely be at New England in the divisional round of the playoffs. 

Sure it's only 1 game. We have been right there all season though, and it's the doom and gloom of fans that bring the overall morale of the whole fanbase down.

Although I do respect most of your opinions and/or feelings on here towards the team's success (or lack thereof where the case may be) I can make up my own mind.

No one speaks for me on here or anywhere else for that matter on how I feel about the team. Good or bad. Sure, anyone will tell you that it sucks watching your team lose, but it is what it is. If I feel supporting my team when they're down, I will. Most of us already do.

Point is, no other fan will break my morale of my team, because I don't let it come to that. Those who try to maintain a positive outlook regardless can become disheartened by those who search for the worse in everything, even the good. But not me, it just fuels my yearning that much more.

Some on here come across in such a way that it appears as though their opinions are the only ones that matter. Know-It-Alls, even towards simple posts/comments/threads that don't require anything but a simple reply. They'd rather gain attention by having an arrogant, uppity response.

(That last paragraph is just for 'Likes')

I personally don't think there is even much difference between getting the 3rd seed or 4th seed.... Sometimes it even works out better to get the 4th rather than the 3rd depending on how the 5th / 6th seeds shape out....

That would be great and I could see it happening.  But if they have to go to Foxboro again for the playoffs I may vomit.  Hoping someone else can take them out because I doubt the Colts will.  They just seem to crap themselves whenever they go to that place and the refs don't help matters.  If that is being a "negative nancy" then so be it.  It's also being real.