Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury Updates & 1st practice with Chud as OC

TKnight24

Khaled Holmes back practicing. So could see the line go back to the "normal" five on Sunday

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

November 4, 2015

Khaled Holmes back practicing. So could see the line go back to the "normal" five on Sunday

Light walkthrough this afternoon for the #Colts first practice with Rob Chudzinski as OC.

— George Bremer (@gmbremer)

November 4, 2015

Light walkthrough this afternoon for the #Colts first practice with Rob Chudzinski as OC.

Pagano on Chud: “I feel like Chud brings fresh perspective…He knows our strengths, weaknesses, understands the talent."

November 4, 2015

Pagano on Chud: “I feel like Chud brings fresh perspective…He knows our strengths, weaknesses, understands the talent."

Chuck Pagano: “This was not a knee-jerk reaction. This was not anything other than we felt we needed a change."

November 4, 2015

Chuck Pagano: “This was not a knee-jerk reaction. This was not anything other than we felt we needed a change."

Interesting. Maybe this shows Grigson isn't the control freak that we see and hear if Pagano made this call.

This just in: 

Pagano, Grigson, and Irsay all agreed to hire Pep after Arians left.  Nobody forced him on any body. 

They all agreed to hire Chud when he became avaliable, since there were risks to hiring a college OC to run the O for a young franchise QB and Chud provided some mitigators to that risk.

They all observed the slow starts, struggles with good defenses, the lack of offensive production in the AFCCG, and all agreed that the O needed help.  They all agreed that Dorsett was the proper pick at #29.

They continued to see the O struggle, saw Luck beginning to get beat up, lose confidence, and a lack of adjustment from the O, so they all agreed on the proper course of action.

I hope the soap opera stuff begins to wane so we can focus on watching Chud run the O.

#Colts Pagano: Chud believes in running the football. Fundamentals, techniques very, very important.

— Conrad Brunner (@1070Bruno)

November 4, 2015

#Colts Pagano: Chud believes in running the football. Fundamentals, techniques very, very important.

Pagano says Chud believes in running the football.

November 4, 2015

Pagano says Chud believes in running the football.

Pagano says might not see Chud's offensive philosophy right away. Bright guy, called plays in league for long time and had success. #Colts

November 4, 2015

Pagano says might not see Chud's offensive philosophy right away. Bright guy, called plays in league for long time and had success. #Colts

Pagano: Andrew Luck loses his OC. Is he OK with it? 'You worry about everybody. Couple of other players had relationship with him.'

— Mike Chappell (@mchappell51)

November 4, 2015

Pagano: Andrew Luck loses his OC. Is he OK with it? 'You worry about everybody. Couple of other players had relationship with him.'

Pagano: Too hard to win football games when digging holes like #Colts have.

November 4, 2015

Pagano: Too hard to win football games when digging holes like #Colts have.

Pagano asked about more up-tempo earlier. Says it’s a great question. Won’t delve into whether that is the sole reason for the later success

November 4, 2015

Pagano asked about more up-tempo earlier. Says it’s a great question. Won’t delve into whether that is the sole reason for the later success

Pagano: As far as putting in whole new offense, that would be ludicrous to say the least. Wants players to not think, just play. #Colts

November 4, 2015

Pagano: As far as putting in whole new offense, that would be ludicrous to say the least. Wants players to not think, just play. #Colts

Pagano won't pinpoint exact time he began thinking of making change. Seeing same things over and over again. #Colts

November 4, 2015

Pagano won't pinpoint exact time he began thinking of making change. Seeing same things over and over again. #Colts

Pagano: Mission right now to get Andrew back to Andrew we all know. He'll get there. #Colts

November 4, 2015

Pagano: Mission right now to get Andrew back to Andrew we all know. He'll get there. #Colts

Andrew Luck was limited today with an ankle injury. He took the start of the first team reps when the media was out there.

November 4, 2015

Andrew Luck was limited today with an ankle injury. He took the start of the first team reps when the media was out there.

Pagano says T.Y. Hilton is still being evaluated. More definitive evaluation tomorrow.

November 4, 2015

Pagano says T.Y. Hilton is still being evaluated. More definitive evaluation tomorrow.

Pagano says Khaled Holmes is still day-to-day.

November 4, 2015

Pagano says Khaled Holmes is still day-to-day.

Pagano compares this Denver defense to the ’85 Bears and the 2000 Ravens.

November 4, 2015

Pagano compares this Denver defense to the ’85 Bears and the 2000 Ravens.

Pagano on the Denver defense: “When you put the tape on it’s a scary movie."

November 4, 2015

Pagano on the Denver defense: “When you put the tape on it’s a scary movie."

Has Pagano seen anything different from Luck? "Like all of us, frustration." #Colts

November 4, 2015

Has Pagano seen anything different from Luck? "Like all of us, frustration." #Colts

Luck said he felt a lot of emotions when heard Pep fired, "None of them good." Have to move on, play better. #Colts

November 4, 2015

Luck said he felt a lot of emotions when heard Pep fired, "None of them good." Have to move on, play better. #Colts

https://twitter.com/gmbremer/status/662040962676473856

https://twitter.com/gmbremer/status/662044518791979008

Good, sometimes something like this snaps you out of your funk. Had Luck played better maybe his "friend" is still employed with the team.

https://twitter.com/gmbremer/status/662040962676473856

https://twitter.com/gmbremer/status/662044518791979008

He sure does. It's HIS fault he was fired. At least 80%.

Hey! Where's the injury report on Luck on this thread? I thought the poor boy was suffering devastating injuries to his shoulder and ribs but no thing on him Gee, ain't that odd Colts fans? Duh.......

Umm.....wth are you talking about. He's been on the injury report for his shoulder and even sat 2 games.

The rib rumors have never been proven to date.

Pagano has become redundant and predictable when he talks to the media.

Not at all taking a shot at you, Def. But was there a time when he wasn't? A time that he didn't just rattle off irrelevant and repeated cliches? He's the worst interview in sports. Thinks he's clever to give no information at all but his methods are just embarrassing. If he doesn't want to answer a Q don't.

Not at all taking a shot at you, Def. But was there a time when he wasn't? A time that he didn't just rattle off irrelevant and repeated cliches? He's the worst interview in sports. Thinks he's clever to give no information at all but his methods are just embarrassing. If he doesn't want to answer a Q don't.

Most coaches are, they arent direct, they beat around the bush, they will not say things that can be misconstrued. I dont blame them a bit.

You're right. But it gets annoying when it's a critical time for the team and all he offers is the same dribble. OC just got fired and it's literally the same tone as all his other pressers.

Most coaches are, they arent direct, they beat around the bush, they will not say things that can be misconstrued. I dont blame them a bit.

Have you ever seen a Mike Tomlin pressed? Especially after a loss. He doesn't hit you with some "Guys played hard but we could've done better " response. He'll say that the loss was ugly and that they own it. In the game a few years ago when the Steelers lost to the Browns because they turned it over 5-6 times he said that he was actually surprised the game was as close as it was given the turnover problems. That's what I want from a coach for us. Not someone who is going to air dirty laundry, but someone who will call it how it is and not give us these lame duck press friendly answers.

You're right. But it gets annoying when it's a critical time for the team and all he offers is the same dribble. OC just got fired and it's literally the same tone as all his other pressers.

Have you ever seen a Mike Tomlin pressed? Especially after a loss. He doesn't hit you with some "Guys played hard but we could've done better " response. He'll say that the loss was ugly and that they own it. In the game a few years ago when the Steelers lost to the Browns because they turned it over 5-6 times he said that he was actually surprised the game was as close as it was given the turnover problems. That's what I want from a coach for us. Not someone who is going to air dirty laundry, but someone who will call it how it is and not give us these lame duck press friendly answers.

i think Pagano has been open about the turnovers and lack of effort at times. He just may present it differently than a Tomlin does. I don't think I've ever come away after watching a Pagano Press conference thinking he was making excuses or not owning up to short comings.

He does like Cliche's tho, I'll give you that