Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If we lose to Denver we'll be 2nd in the AFC South....

Chucklez

I would hate to be right, but in the bold predictions thread for this season about 2 weeks ago, I said we would head into our bye week in 2nd place in the AFC south...

The Texans are 3-5 as well and are heading into their bye week now.... If we lose to Denver, the Texans take sole possession of 1st place in the AFC south.... 

More heads to roll soon?

A bye week advantage means nothing.  Their remaining schedule is tougher than ours and they are in as much disarray as any team in the league right now.  We have the head to head advantage and even if we lose to them, we still have Tampa and Miami on our schedule and I just don't see them winning 8 games under any circumstance based on their remaining record.  Plus, I think the Colts will take out at least 1 team we aren't favored to win.  It wouldn't shock me for us to shock Denver actually.  But even if we lose to Den and Pitt (who lost Le'veon Bell which should be a relief around here) so it's going to be a passing battle and we have a shot at keeping up with them I think if our corners and safeties are healthy.  But let's say we lose both of those games, we should have a legit shot to win any of the remaining games and perhaps all of them which would win our division by 2-3 games at least. 

I would hate to be right, but in the bold predictions thread for this season about 2 weeks ago, I said we would head into our bye week in 2nd place in the AFC south...

The Texans are 3-5 as well and are heading into their bye week now.... If we lose to Denver, the Texans take sole possession of 1st place in the AFC south.... 

More heads to roll soon?

Would they??  We would have the same number of wins and 1 extra loss but we beat them the last time around too in their house.

Hopefully the Colts players aren't thinking winning the AFC South is a lock like many members on this board seem to be 

Yeah this is a real important week. Houston has a bye week but they do play at Cincinnati Nov. 16th so they will lose that. I really wish we could've won Monday that would be making this week a lot easier. Andrew had one of his great comebacks that even blew Grudens mind then we couldn't hold it. Colts will show me a lot if they can beat Denver again. This Denver Defense is a scary bunch.

Oh yeah, Houston is going to start stream rolling teams very soon.

:rollseyes:

Like us the reason they won last week is they played someone else in the division. We are better at this game then Houston is with the division stuff.

I would be more worried if say the Jags snuck out another win. They have no reason to and really the universe can't handle the Jags winning more then 4 games in a season........

Titans should get smashed in New Orleans, I mean on the field and off the field........

Oh yeah, Houston is going to start stream rolling teams very soon.

:rollseyes:

Like us the reason they won last week is they played someone else in the division. We are better at this game then Houston is with the division stuff.

I would be more worried if say the Jags snuck out another win. They have no reason to and really the universe can't handle the Jags winning more then 4 games in a season........

Titans should get smashed in New Orleans, I mean on the field and off the field........

I don't see the Jags winning at Jets, at least I hope not.

I don't see the Jags winning at Jets, at least I hope not.

I don't think they win this game either in NY. But, at the same time if say the Colts did sweep the division for a third year in a row.....logically it makes no sense that we would not also win the division.

Even if we lose this weekend I think we have winable games vs. the Falcons and Bucs coming. And no I am not high on the Falcons. They look terrible in recent weeks.

I don't think they win this game either in NY. But, at the same time if say the Colts did sweep the division for a third year in a row.....logically it makes no sense that we would not also win the division.

Even if we lose this weekend I think we have winable games vs. the Falcons and Bucs coming. And no I am not high on the Falcons. They look terrible in recent weeks.

I think without a doubt we beat the Texans, Jags, and Titans again. We also should beat the Bucs and possibly the Falcons and Steelers and Dolphins. All of these are winnable games. Steelers lost Bell so they will struggle. We could run the table after this week and if we win this week we could do the ol usual 11-5.

I am going to go out on a huge limb and say if we beat Denver we run the table. I think we sweep the Division, we will beat the Bucs, Falcons are soft, Steelers don't have Bell, Dolphins are weak too. I can actually see it if we beat Denver. I wonder what kind of Odds I would get through Vegas with a prediction like that? That might be 50-1 predicting 8 wins in a row. Even if we lose this week I can see us winning the last 7 games and going 10-6 with the schedule we got as long as Luck stays half way healthy.

More heads to roll soon?

Being 2nd in week 10 doesn't mean anything.

Being 2nd after week 17 means EVERYTHING.

Since Denver is red-hot and we're expected to lose,  it's highly doubtful that any heads will roll if we don't win.

Odds are,  we'll ride out the storm,  win the division at 9-7 or maybe (outside shot) at 10-6 and go into the playoffs from there....

Once the playoffs are over,   they can figure it out.....

Being 2nd in week 10 doesn't mean anything.

Being 2nd after week 17 means EVERYTHING.

Since Denver is red-hot and we're expected to lose,  it's highly doubtful that any heads will roll if we don't win.

Odds are,  we'll ride out the storm,  win the division at 9-7 or maybe (outside shot) at 10-6 and go into the playoffs from there....

Once the playoffs are over,   they can figure it out.....

We are going to blow the doors off of the Texans, Jags, and Titans so despite our struggles I still think we are ok the more I think about it.

We are going to blow the doors off of the Texans, Jags, and Titans so despite our struggles I still think we are ok the more I think about it.

Why do you think we are going to blow the doors off those teams?

We nearly lost to the Titans, and if not for the Jags kicker choking twice (three times if you include the timeout attempt) we would have lost to them....

The win over the Texans wasnt exactly awe inspiring, that game was closer than you are remembering....

More heads to roll soon?

On a technicality because we would have played one more game. This is nothing.

Why do you think we are going to blow the doors off those teams?

We nearly lost to the Titans, and if not for the Jags kicker choking twice (three times if you include the timeout attempt) we would have lost to them....

The win over the Texans wasnt exactly awe inspiring, that game was closer than you are remembering....

It's because I know what we are capable of. It's time to flip to switch. All those teams have bad QB's too, Mariota will be good though but he is a rookie.

Would they??  We would have the same number of wins and 1 extra loss but we beat them the last time around too in their house.

when you are talking about mid season division standings its all about win percentage.

the head to head record is a tie breaker

I am less concerned about that right as I am in seeing how this team plays.  Frankly this has been a brutal stretch that we all said it was going to be.  Three undefeated teams in four weeks is hard for any team and the one team in there that wasn't undefeated is lead by Drew Brees.  The good news is that the Colts schedule will lighten up a lot after the bye.  The Falcons look to be crashing back to earth, the Bucs while getting better is here, Pittsburgh on the road will be hard but they have lost Bell, Miami isn't as scary as they were looking a couple of weeks ago and then three teams they have already beaten including two of them doing it without Luck. 

So if Chud can get the offense figured out there is no reason to give up all hope on the season.  It's very possible the Colts will hit the bye week at 3-6 but it's also very possiable that they could finish the year on a 6-1 or 5-2 run.  If they do that that will get them back to 9-7 or 8-8 and that should win the South this year. 

The fact that the Colts have to be concerned with their place in the AFC South says it all. Brian Hoyer is ranked higher than Luck (who isn't?). What worries me more than this season is the next few seasons down the road. Right now, my confidence in the Colts front office's ability to right this ship is down there with Lucks QB rating.

A bye week advantage means nothing.  Their remaining schedule is tougher than ours and they are in as much disarray as any team in the league right now.  We have the head to head advantage and even if we lose to them, we still have Tampa and Miami on our schedule and I just don't see them winning 8 games under any circumstance based on their remaining record.  Plus, I think the Colts will take out at least 1 team we aren't favored to win.  It wouldn't shock me for us to shock Denver actually.  But even if we lose to Den and Pitt (who lost Le'veon Bell which should be a relief around here) so it's going to be a passing battle and we have a shot at keeping up with them I think if our corners and safeties are healthy.  But let's say we lose both of those games, we should have a legit shot to win any of the remaining games and perhaps all of them which would win our division by 2-3 games at least. 

Have you seen DeAngelo Williams?  He is averaging just as many yards per carry behind that Steeler line as LeVeon was. He is more than capable of putting up numbers against the Colts defense.  Pittsburgh won't even miss Bell against Indy...mark my words. 

according to Mike Tirico, teams with losing records shouldn't make the playoffs.  I predict we will be the most dangerous team with a losing record in the playoffs.

This will probably be true, but only because I think we will be the ONLY team in the playoffs with a losing record.... from either conference.

Have you seen DeAngelo Williams?  He is averaging just as many yards per carry behind that Steeler line as LeVeon was. He is more than capable of putting up numbers against the Colts defense.  Pittsburgh won't even miss Bell against Indy...mark my words. 

He's an older back.  I am way more concerned with their passing game.  As for Williams, I picked him up on as many fantasy teams as I could, but I doubt he'll put up the same overall numbers as Bell would have.  We shall see though.  Anyone who thinks our chances did not improve (as well as every other team they play this year) with Bell missing needs to look at his receving, rushing and all purpose yards overall.  If Williams matches Bells output per game the rest of the year compared to Bell last year, that will be incredible.  Let's hope he doesn't, unless he's playing New England in the playoffs.