Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When NE Leads At Halftime Amazing Stat

King Colt

New England is one of the biggest choke teams over the last ten years. They may have won last year but look how many great seasons they have had 2005-2014 but never won a championship.

One of the greatest quotes ever...

We have scored the most points this season and we are 18-0 and you predict we will only score 17 points against the Giants in the superbowl?? Tom Brady

You only scored 14, Nimwit!

Only a legendary bad decision by Seattle awarded the *s a title. So 15 years of malfeasance and cheating won you three title. Congrats

Only a legendary bad decision by Seattle awarded the *s a title. So 15 years of malfeasance and cheating won you three title. Congrats

Pete Carroll is a cult hero in NE.  He may get his own statue some day and for sure free Dunkin Donuts coffee for life like Richard Berman.

Barring injuries, they could be headed for another undefeated season.

Yes, and Tom Brady wants to play until he's 45. If you look at history of NFL QB's you know that wont happen but it's alot more likely to happen now than it was when Montana or Young played. The NFL now protects the QB like never before and so QB's are going to be more likely to survive to 40 and beyond. We could still be sitting here in 5-7 years saying this same stuff.

Brady will play until he is o longer the best at his position, just like every player. He has never been mobile and has been getting sacked this year. Another issue brought up before the game last night on this issue is when a player is much older than his peers it creates a "gap" between them. Trust me the bones at 40 are not the bones at 20 courtesy of Father Time.

New England is one of the biggest choke teams over the last ten years. They may have won last year but look how many great seasons they have had 2005-2014 but never won a championship.

One of the greatest quotes ever...

We have scored the most points this season and we are 18-0 and you predict we will only score 17 points against the Giants in the superbowl?? Tom Brady

You only scored 14, Nimwit!

I was soooo glad we made the trip from Rochester NY in 2006 to see the Colts beat the Pats** in the AFCCG at the RCA Dome...great memories from that trip! I remember us rooting for the Pats** to beat the Chargers in the divisional round so we would host.

Brady will play until he is o longer the best at his position, just like every player. He has never been mobile and has been getting sacked this year. Another issue brought up before the game last night on this issue is when a player is much older than his peers it creates a "gap" between them. Trust me the bones at 40 are not the bones at 20 courtesy of Father Time.

Brady is actually a very mobile qb, however his range is limited. No, he's not a runner like wilson or even rodgers can be, but Brady is mobile in the pocket, and thats where it counts.

I think Lambeau has Gillete beat in the "where people forget how to play football" department. Even the Packer's last loss there exemplifies that. The Seahawks had dementia for 3 quarters.

If you remember last season I said Rodgers should just go ahead and throw 10 touchdowns against the Bears that game he sat out after 6 in a half. Then maybe the league would revert back to more balances rules (which I think could be done without compromising safety). But maybe the least mobile, least athletic quarterback winning SBs in his 40s by throwing checkdowns would be better for exposing the rules once and for all.

I think Lambeau has Gillete beat in the "where people forget how to play football" department. Even the Packer's last loss there exemplifies that. The Seahawks had dementia for 3 quarters.

If you remember last season I said Rodgers should just go ahead and throw 10 touchdowns against the Bears that game he sat out after 6 in a half. Then maybe the league would revert back to more balances rules (which I think could be done without compromising safety). But maybe the least mobile, least athletic quarterback winning SBs in his 40s by throwing checkdowns would be better for exposing the rules once and for all.

I think that if it were as simple as throwing check downs, a lot of teams would be 7-0 right now.  Brady bugs me to no end, but you don't get 356 yards and 4 TDs throwing check downs all day long

We need a Greg Hardy type player that can really get after the QB with a 3-4 man rush..  Mathis isn't that guy anymore, Cole isn't that guy anymore

:facepalm:

Wonder how this compares to the 80's and 90's 49ers. 

In case anyone has forgotten; Candlestick Park used to be the most feared stadium to play in back when those Joe Montana and Steve Young 49er teams were dominating. 

The Niners used to always be 8-0 or 7-1 at home. Very loud stadium too back in their prime. Just look up old games and listen to that crowd stomping down on the bleachers and screaming, while the opposing team's offense is out there. 

The Patriots sure did nip both the Rams and Seahawks potential for dynasties by taking them down in the second of their back-to- back SBs.

A coach that does not overlook any small detail along with a HOF QB that can execute any game plan, that tandem is the reason for all their success.

Like the Seahawks of the past few years, you have to be willing to play the whole 60 minutes to match them. That has been the case in most of the playoff games they've lost.

The Patriots sure did nip both the Rams and Seahawks potential for dynasties by taking them down in the second of their back-to- back SBs.

A coach that does not overlook any small detail along with a HOF QB that can execute any game plan, that tandem is the reason for all their success.

Like the Seahawks of the past few years, you have to be willing to play the whole 60 minutes to match them. That has been the case in most of the playoff games they've lost.

Their book end Super Bowls were against the best show on turf Rams and then the Legion of Boom Hawks. And as you say, they did take down both budding dynasties.

It is not just playing 60 minutes to beat the Pats. You have to score and score a lot. This means playing aggressive, going for 4th and shorts, taking possessions away either with onside kicks or turnovers which are hard to come by. And playing  mistake free football. The Pats make you pay for every single mistake. As one announcer said, they don't leave any meat on the bone. lol.