Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Man, the AFC South is a complete train wreck

RockThatBlue

Don't sleep on the NFC Easy this year. Plenty of potential for suck in that division. Bradford in Philly ain't the answer. Redskins played down to the Bucs level. Cowboys might be buried by the time Romo gets healthy. Giants don't live up to their team name.

Don't sleep on the NFC Easy this year. Plenty of potential for suck in that division. Bradford in Philly ain't the answer. Redskins played down to the Bucs level. Cowboys might be buried by the time Romo gets healthy. Giants don't live up to their team name.

Yeah that division stinks too. I think Giants find a way to win that one. Romo's injury messed the Cowboys up.

I think everybody blows the AFC south out of proportion. Yes, its bad but everybody acts as if its the worst division of ALL TIME.

I think any win is a good one actually. The Jags could've easily beat us here had it not been for the miss FG's. Luck didn't play but Hass played well and we still almost lost. I will take any win and not take it for granted anymore. 

Looking at the Dolphins last two wins against Tennessee and TX. two poor if not near death teams you still have to take note of this new spirit on that team. The players seem to like what the new coach is doing. Going now against NE in NE it will be very interesting to study how this team applies this new fore against the best in the league. Recall a couple years ago the Texans went up their with high school jackets looking tuff and got their butts handed to them on a platter. I hope the Colts brass watches that game, maybe take a few notes along the way! 

Impossible to know at this point. Also Impossible to know if Pagano will be fired if they get to 8 wins

Of course it's impossible to know but that's kind of a copout amswer. They have the longest division game winning streak there is. They get 3 more division games which makes 6, plus Tampa Bay and Miami who I'm betting on crashing back down to Earth way before week 17. And that's if they don't get an upset or 2. Every team gets atleast 1 upset a year don't they?

Often in recent years the crappy weak division winners win a playoff game. They get over looked by Vegas and then shock some hot shot team stuck as the 5th seed with crying fans over the fact that they have to go on the road as a WC to the peasant division winner.

I really hope whoever are crowned "champions" of this poop circus division only wins 6 games, so the NFL will be forced to rethink playoff seeding and go off of best record and not division winners.

A division winner will always make the playoffs unfortunately.  On the flip side of that, they team could still make the playoffs but have to be the last seed (6th).  Just strictly go off of record.  Therefore a 7-8-1 team would not have a home playoff game against a 10-6 or 11-5 team.  The NBA decided to use that set up this year which I like.

I'm simply asking when Jim Irsay has ever fired a coach that won 8-11 games.

Or for any other evidence that he's 'turning into Al Davis.'

Well I don't know why you're asking that since I never said he did. I was simply acknowledging the reports that everybody has heard about the Colt's coaching situation.

I think everybody blows the AFC south out of proportion. Yes, its bad but everybody acts as if its the worst division of ALL TIME.

Uhh...I don't have the numbers but I'd venture to say historically it very well could be if we could go back and look at the w/l totals since its inception...especially if we look at wins against teams outside the division. This year specifically its bad...but I don't think we end up below 500. It is possible however based on w/l records that we wouldn't deserve to be in the playoffs without our division crown though.

Firing coaches who win 8-11 games a year lol!

I have not followed the Raiders closely over the years but how many coaches exactly did Al Davis fire that were at or above 500?? And how many coaches has Jim fired with that record?  As far as I know Jim hasn't messed around in the draft and fa...he has hired GMs to handle all that.  He is eccentric but far from Al Davis meddling.  Until Jerry let his son get involved he would have been the classic Al Davis successor.

I really hope whoever are crowned "champions" of this poop circus division only wins 6 games, so the NFL will be forced to rethink playoff seeding and go off of best record and not division winners.

This will never happen.  The sports commissioners want teams in their leagues to first focus on winning their divisions. And they want winning the division to have a reward (home game in playoffs in the NFL) if at all possible.  I think they feel it creates more lasting rivalries, and keeps some teams from being eliminated from post season too early, thus making more games carry meaning further into the season.  Thus, first order of business- win your division!  Then a new season begins.

I said if, as in if this happens to the Colts if they win 8 or more games like they have every year with Chuck. I didn't say anywhere that Jim had fired any coaches with that record.

But anwyway ya'll know that. You're just a little testy because everything isn't going as planned thia year. If you want to pretend that nothing's wrong between Jim and Chuck fine. I understand that type of thing is part of repping your team sometimes. You've all heard the same news I have I'm sure. I'm not saying I like it or anything (or those squirmy little reporters in general) but those guys aren't wrong very often.

Well I don't know why you're asking that since I never said he did. I was simply acknowledging the reports that everybody has heard about the Colt's coaching situation.

Really?

Never take winning for granted - Jim Mora

Colts will get it together if Jim Irsay doesn't turn into Al Davis (which he seems to be doing :-| ).

Don't act like I just made this up. If you didn't mean it, fine, but you clearly said (wrote) it.