Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

so again am i blind

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

IMO this isn't as bad as the Patriots call but it was iffy. I would've kept the play as called on the field but I could see it being reversed.

that's my point it could've fine either way so i thought that was grounds for keeping the call, and i also feel like if it were us who fumbled it def would've stood as called jmo

Refs are continuing to make very bad game changing calls to go against us. Everyone and their mothers knew that was a ripped out fumble and was called a fumble on the field. How it was overturned is beyond me... Maybe these refs hate the Colts now as well?

You know what...we can sit here and + about the calls by the refs but...to quote my high school coach

"If you want to guarantee a way to keep them out of the game, don't let the game be close."

We shot ourselves several times today....several.

that indeed is true. .. However is hard to ignore the enormity of these calls that didn't go our way but should have. ..

Or did the refs kill us on the challenged fumble.... There was not enough evidence to overturn and they did. .. We start at the 30 there with momentum. ........... never mind we lost.. Just want to know if I'm the only thinking this

They went with the call on the field in the Eagles/Panthers game. Both similar with both different rulings........i do think his knee was down in our game though. Would have been nice to get the call though after the disaster that was the onside kick last week where we 100% should have received that ball!

It doesn't matter if the Colts were losing badly, it was still a terrible call.

Don.t think refs caused being down 20 to zip.

This call did not decide the game, so it's irrelevant.

No excuses. The Saints won because they was the better team.

I'd love to complain about the refs but when you don't show up at all for 2 and 1/2 quarters you pretty much lose any argument you have with the refs.

I will not even begin to blame anybody for this loss other than the Colts. They played like hot garbage for most of the game and should consider themselves fortunate for even cutting it as close as they did. Bottom line: We did not deserve to win this game.

You know what...we can sit here and + about the calls by the refs but...to quote my high school coach

"If you want to guarantee a way to keep them out of the game, don't let the game be close."

We shot ourselves several times today....several.

But just like last week crappy call it changes the game big time

It seems like we have been on the short end on the stick all season long regarding calls, just not calls but game changing calls. Not only that it seems like every time we get a big run play we get called for holding. It's gotten to the point everytime we get more than a 5 yard run or big punt return I fully expect the mighty yellow hanky to fly.

It doesn't matter if the Colts were losing badly, it was still a terrible call.

Yes it was. Nobody is debating that at all.

What were saying is that we had numerous opportunities and the offense went 3 and out or turned the ball over dang near everyone until the 4th quarter. At one point, NO had the time of possession by almost 85 percent........

D is gonna be absolutely gassed at that point

The Patriots game and this one were the same thing, even the former head of officials Mike P stated BOTH weeks that the wrong call was being made.   It cost us both games.  It was a lot like Cincy a couple years ago where they cost us THAT game at the goal line with a wrong call which they actually admitted and apologized for.  The Colts get screwed on more clear cut obvious "review' calls than any other team I have seen and I have watched every single game for the past 4 years so I have a solid grasp of it.  This entire year has been the worst officiating in my entire life of watching and playing football.  The Colts have twice as many holding calls than anyone else yet we all know technically O-Line hold on every play in the NFL and they only call the blatant ones... those and anything the Colts do.  They even said our ref crew calls the most holds, and we've had them twice now.  

I will say this about the the officials and this is league wide not just the Colts.

I am about an avid a football fan as there is.  I love the game, I played for years, I coach now, my wife gets mad at me because I watch it on Thursday, on Saturday and on Sunday whenever I can.  If I'm home on Friday night, I will usually watch the HS game of the week.  In short I love the game.  But the NFL is on the verge of becoming unwatchable because of the refs.  it's not the bad calls but it's the number of penalties they are calling and a so many of their calls just don't make sense any more.

In the Panther game last night, Ginn caught a pass, took a few steps and was tackled.  After he was tackled the defender ripped the ball out of his hands, it popped up into the air and the defender caught it.  The refs ruled it was an INT.  No big deal, right that is why they review all turnovers.  After review they still come back and say it's an INT.

In the Dallas game, Dallas threw a screen pass, a WR went out to shield the defender and he was doing a god job just shielding him, when Cassel threw it, the defender ran forward, the WR held up his hands to stop the defender from running over him and they call offensive pass interference (or offensive holding I don't remember) and negated a TD play.

There are numerous examples like that every week and it's just not fun to watch anymore.  It seems like the games are not being decided on the field anymore but in the replay booth.

I will say this about the the officials and this is league wide not just the Colts.

I am about an avid a football fan as there is. I love the game, I played for years, I coach now, my wife gets mad at me because I watch it on Thursday, on Saturday and on Sunday whenever I can. If I'm home on Friday night, I will usually watch the HS game of the week. In short I love the game. But the NFL is on the verge of becoming unwatchable because of the refs. it's not the bad calls but it's the number of penalties they are calling and a so many of their calls just don't make sense any more.

In the Panther game last night, Ginn caught a pass, took a few steps and was tackled. After he was tackled the defender ripped the ball out of his hands, it popped up into the air and the defender caught it. The refs ruled it was an INT. No big deal, right that is why they review all turnovers. After review they still come back and say it's an INT.

In the Dallas game, Dallas threw a screen pass, a WR went out to shield the defender and he was doing a god job just shielding him, when Cassel threw it, the defender ran forward, the WR held up his hands to stop the defender from running over him and they call offensive pass interference (or offensive holding I don't remember) and negated a TD play.

There are numerous examples like that every week and it's just not fun to watch anymore. It seems like the games are not being decided on the field anymore but in the replay booth.

One of my biggest issues arose 2 weeks ago. Me and my wife were watching another game and if I remember correctly a player hit the plant leg of the punter but there was no foul called. My wife asks me that's a penalty right? I said apparently not.

Same game a player catches the ball and lunges to the endzone and the ball pops out at the end. My wife asks me that's a TD right he made a football move to the goal line and had possession he lost afterwards. Play gets overturned. I then realized I have no clue what the rules are anymore because nothing is consistent.

I've seen olineman wrestle players to the ground with a horse collar and no holding called. I've seen olineman push the angled rusher and get called for holding... like what? I've seen obvious pass interference and they say they are letting them play. But then I'll see a guy incidentally get their hand tangled with the receivers and it's PI? I just don't understand anymore.

One of my biggest issues arose 2 weeks ago. Me and my wife were watching another game and if I remember correctly a player hit the plant leg of the punter but there was no foul called. My wife asks me that's a penalty right? I said apparently not.

Same game a player catches the ball and lunges to the endzone and the ball pops out at the end. My wife asks me that's a TD right he made a football move to the goal line and had possession he lost afterwards. Play gets overturned. I then realized I have no clue what the rules are anymore because nothing is consistent.

I've seen olineman wrestle players to the ground with a horse collar and no holding called. I've seen olineman push the angled rusher and get called for holding... like what? I've seen obvious pass interference and they say they are letting them play. But then I'll see a guy incidentally get their hand tangled with the receivers and it's PI? I just don't understand anymore.

It's almost like there is someone (or more accurately a group of someones that are known for being organized in their crimes) are behind the scenes making these calls and pulling the strings.

It's almost like there is someone (or more accurately a group of someones that are known for being organized in their crimes) are behind the scenes making these calls and pulling the strings.

I hate to be one of those guys... a conspirator... But the commentary from the broadcasters make it soooo much worse.  It sounds like they are giving them excuses every time...