Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Come on, Irsay

azcolt

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a stranglehold on the division. And in case you didn't know or have forgotten, that means we're going to the playoffs.

NO ONE is getting moved until the playoffs are out of the question. 

No one.

For any reason. 

We don't have a stranglehold on the division this year.

It looks like we'll struggle to win the division....   we'll probably do it,  but I no longer expect it to be easy.

Besides,  winning the division is the lowest of Irsays goals.   

I think a change is coming.      Could be tonight....   could be tomorrow,  but I think it will come no later than after the Denver game.

Our next two games look like losses.    The Panthers AT Carolina.      Looks like a loss.

Denver at our place.      Looks like a loss.

If that happens,  we'll be,  3-6.      How would that stranglehold look at 3-6?

I think an in-season change is inevitable.      I no longer think "if"....    I see it as "when"...    and "who"....?

We have a stranglehold on the division. And in case you didn't know or have forgotten, that means we're going to the playoffs.

No one.

For any reason. 

idc, i will organize a protest til someone gets fired. And this is coming from the guy who defended Pagano all these years. lol.

Move Manusky to coach, downgrade Pagano to defense. Get rid of Pep, probably.

We don't have a stranglehold on the division this year.

It looks like we'll struggle to win the division....   we'll probably do it,  but I no longer expect it to be easy.

Besides,  winning the division is the lowest of Irsays goals.   

I think a change is coming.      Could be tonight....   could be tomorrow,  but I think it will come no later than after the Denver game.

Our next two games look like losses.    The Panthers AT Carolina.      Looks like a loss.

Denver at our place.      Looks like a loss.

If that happens,  we'll be,  3-6.      How would that stranglehold look at 3-6?

I think an in-season change is inevitable.      I no longer think "if"....    I see it as "when"...    and "who"....?

We have a one game advantage over everyone right now. 

What's the CEILING for Tennessee and Jacksonville? 6 games? Maybe. That's where I'm putting it. 

And somehow, the team that should have been our biggest competition within the division looks like they are going to fall even below that.

We can win this division at 6-10. 

This team isn't contending. They show up for maybe one quarter a week tops.

You guys kill me with the "it's only week 7" talk

Do we stand a legitimate chance to run the table in the post season? No. Of course not. 

But I'd rather roll the dice in the post season than watch from the couch and pin hopes on a high draft pick that could turn out to be a bust and no help to us at all. 

How is it going to help us if we tank the rest of the season for a top 10 pick and draft another Werner? How does that help?

A high draft pick IS NOT an automatic savior. 

No one.

For any reason.

Maybe, but it's almost certain now that everyone will be gone in January, Grigson included.

love the Colts (but fading) hate to say it but sell the team and move it to LA  please.    Last ten years second best win/loss record in the nfl and one superbowl win. Just so SAD    I lived in NYS all my life and don't care where the colts are I just want them to do BETTER

Do we stand a legitimate chance to run the table in the post season? No. Of course not.

But I'd rather roll the dice in the post season than watch from the couch and pin hopes on a high draft pick that could turn out to be a bust and no help to us at all.

How is it going to help us if we tank the rest of the season for a top 10 pick and draft another Werner? How does that help?

A high draft pick IS NOT an automatic savior.

Well it's not just one pick, you get high

picks in every round. That gets over looked

Maybe, but it's almost certain now that everyone will be gone in January, Grigson included.

I think that has become highly likely. 

I think it will depend heavily on who Irsay wants as a coach. All reports indicate that Grigson pulls a lot of stings, so if Irsay wants a coach who won't put up with that it could force his hand with Grigson. 

What's the CEILING for Tennessee and Jacksonville? 6 games? Maybe. That's where I'm putting it. 

And somehow, the team that should have been our biggest competition within the division looks like they are going to fall even below that.

I think Irsay is going to see what has happened with Miami.

They fired Philbin and have blown-up in both games without him.

I think Irsay is going to think if it could happen for Miami,  why couldn't it happen for the Colts.      (that's not to say it will happen for the Colts....)

I think the Carolina game and definitely the Denver game are Nationally televised.     I don't think Irsay will want risk (A) embarrassment and (B) being 3-6, so I think he'll be moved to make a change sooner rather than later.

After the game is the bye-week.    There's a great opportunity for a change.   But I think it's coming sooner.     That first half was beyond awful.     It's hard to even recognize this time right now......

Big Whooop. :bored:  That would quite frankly be an embarrassment given the supposed talent on this team.

love the Colts (but fading) hate to say it but sell the team and move it to LA  please.    Last ten years second best win/loss record in the nfl and one superbowl win. Just so SAD    I lived in NYS all my life and don't care where the colts are I just want them to do BETTER

Congratulations....

That qualifies as one of the most ridiculous statements ever made on this website.

Sad?       Sad?!?

Let me ask,   do you even know the meaning of the word? 

SAD?!?!?         Holy Cow.....       :facepalm: 

Well it's not just one pick, you get high

picks in every round. That gets over looked

Even still, that's what you hire a scouting staff for. This isn't Madden where there is one universal list for all 32 teams, and all prospects are viewed the same by every team. A team may grade a player as a round 3 prospect but everyone else may grade him as a 6th or 7th. 

That's the job of a scouting staff: to find good players in every round. The pick number really doesn't mean much once you get out of the second round because teams ratings of each player is so varied. You're placing entirely too much value on a high draft pick. 

How have high draft picks helped out Oakland? Washington? Jacksonville? 

No one.

For any reason.

So what? Have some standards, man. Who cares if were making the playoffs in the AFCS. Literally every other non AFCS team would accomplish that. We are not going to do anything in the playoffs either with this coaching staff. Change it now and hope for the best. Make the total make-over after the season is done.