Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The haters are in full force today

IcyRhythms

Many of which(along with the so called experts)had the Colts getting obliterated by 30 points or more. What's wrong with you people? lol

We played a great game against who many consider the best team in football and defending champs. The haters(some of them Colts fans)will make excuses for the Patriots and say "well, we played well, but let's be honest the Patriots didn't player their best game" lol WHAAAAAAAAAAAT

If the Patriots had dropped 50-10 on us those same people would have said "Yep, the Patriots are not only better than we are, they are still the best team in football"

How about credit to the players and coaching staff of the Colts for keeping it close? No? You'd rather just make excuses and say the Pats didn't play their best game, got it. If anything, the Colts didn't play their best game. How many offensive holding calls did we have the ruined big plays/first downs? A year or two ago the Colts were one of the least penalized teams in the league. I'm really not sure what has happened but we need to correct it and quickly. I think we win quite easily last night without a lot of those holding call mistakes. Truly, I do. The Colts beat themselves and have no one to blame but themselves. The Patriots played hard and just as well as they always do. Give credit to our team for doing what many said we couldn't.(keep it close) Some of you DO actually like the Colts I assume, yes? Many people expected this to be a blowout, I wasn't one of them. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was close for a half. Take away the punt and things are different, Moncrief ends up with the onsides and things are different. But the punt happened which was on us, and then we changed our tune offensively and also racked up a bunch of penalties which is also on us. We were very lucky the D kept it from becoming the rout we have come to expect. Even Branden Bolden said colt anderson was yelling at whalen not to snap the ball. That's what separates elite teams from suspect teams, coaching.

Most of those holding calls were absolutely bogus and, coincidentally, seemed to always come on pivotal plays (90% of the holding calls were called by the head ref, he was awful). And the Patriots never once held. Not once. lmao

I am trying not to be biased, I did not see much holding from the Pats because there wasn't any. Colts held all day, but the Pats most certainly had Langford in a sleeper hold on Blount's TD reception that was missed.

Many of which(along with the so called experts)had the Colts getting obliterated by 30 points or more. What's wrong with you people? lol

We played a great game against who many consider the best team in football and defending champs. The haters(some of them Colts fans)will make excuses for the Patriots and say "well, we played well, but let's be honest the Patriots didn't player their best game" lol WHAAAAAAAAAAAT

If the Patriots had dropped 50-10 on us those same people would have said "Yep, the Patriots are not only better than we are, they are still the best team in football"

How about credit to the players and coaching staff of the Colts for keeping it close? No? You'd rather just make excuses and say the Pats didn't play their best game, got it. If anything, the Colts didn't play their best game. How many offensive holding calls did we have the ruined big plays/first downs? A year or two ago the Colts were one of the least penalized teams in the league. I'm really not sure what has happened but we need to correct it and quickly. I think we win quite easily last night without a lot of those holding call mistakes. Truly, I do. The Colts beat themselves and have no one to blame but themselves. The Patriots played hard and just as well as they always do. Give credit to our team for doing what many said we couldn't.(keep it close) Some of you DO actually like the Colts I assume, yes? Many people expected this to be a blowout, I wasn't one of them.

The phrase "over-reaction Monday" is fully evident on this website all season long.

And the first onside kick. That call was terrible. Good for you guys though.

No, it wasn't. We recovered it but even though the refs blew that call the Pats only started on their own 35. Hell, if I knew they'd only start on the 35 every time I'd do that onside kick more often.

I am trying not to be biased, I did not see much holding from the Pats because there wasn't any. Colts held all day, but the Pats most certainly had Langford in a sleeper hold on Blount's TD reception that was missed.

Incorrect on both accounts. Both teams held. Colts were called, even on ticky tacky holds. Pats weren't even on evident ones (ie the one you mentioned on Langford).

The issue is, this Colts team could have won. They did wverything they could to avoid thenW.

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

After the screwed up, brainless, blind, 0 football IQ "fake punt", I think we fans have the right to :flaming:  :ticked:  :bomb:  :censored2:  :Nuke:  :explode:

We did everything in our power to lose the game.  Some people liked the onside kick.  I didn't like it in that situation because we had just scored and we had momentum on our side and we gave them a short field to work with.  I would have preferred it coming out of the half but what do I know.  The fake punt/trick play or whatever the hell you want to call it was just plain dumb.  Line up and let Luck try to draw them offsides or just punt it deep and live to fight another day.  That had to be demoralizing for the team to see that happen.  

It is clear to see that Chuck has zero confidence in beating the Pats because he had to try trick plays in order to beat them.  This is like a bully telling you to go punch yourself because he has mind control over you.  

So now we are supposed to be satisfied we were not blown out?

Lol.

I believe so, yes. There was a lot to like about the game and how we played. We played very well against the team that's handed us our butt time and time again. The times are changing and the Colts proved last night that they can hang with the Patriots. 

You only see the L and not the positives. The difference in this game to me was discipline. The Patriots are the most disciplined team in the league. They had few mistakes where we had many while still playing a great game.

No, it wasn't. We recovered it but even though the refs blew that call the Pats only started on their own 35. Hell, if I knew they'd only start on the 35 every time I'd do that onside kick more often.

The call wasn't terrible, even though the refs blew the call?

I does not compute.

Are you okay with the call then?

We did everything in our power to lose the game. Some people liked the onside kick. I didn't like it in that situation because we had just scored and we had momentum on our side and we gave them a short field to work with. I would have preferred it coming out of the half but what do I know. The fake punt/trick play or whatever the hell you want to call it was just plain dumb. Line up and let Luck try to draw them offsides or just punt it deep and live to fight another day. That had to be demoralizing for the team to see that happen.

It is clear to see that Chuck has zero confidence in beating the Pats because he had to try trick plays in order to beat them. This is like a bully telling you to go punch yourself because he has mind control over you.

They started on the 35 as opposed to the 20 and the Colts recovered the kick. That really didn't hurt the momentum but if we recovered it, as we did, it would have been huge.

The Defense played quite well.  Remember the Pats are the leagues best team!  We had a few chances to win this.  The onside kick was ok imo.  Too bad we weren't creditied with the recovery.  However, the fqke punt fiasco is unacceptable.  It had no chance of succeeding and it put our defense in a bind.  I'm sorry, but the head coach los this opportunity for us to win.  Time for a change.

I'm not hating but I am sick of the team not getting some fundamental things fixed:

1. Run the football.  13 carries for Frank Gore against top competition is not good enough.  The OL was doing a good job against the Pats DL.  How do we not come out on the 2nd half committing to the run?
  2. Too many penalties
  3. Poor coaching - really tired of talking about the play calling and the inability to make adjustments from series to series
  4. Not converting 3rd downs
  5. No pass rush

The upside:

1. 1st half best 30 minutes we played offensively against a good team all season
  2. The DL against the run is good enough to win a lot of games.  One mistake on the Blount run.
  3. DBs had some solid play in the 2nd half.
  4. Moncrief will be a #1 eventually.
  5. Colts came out with aggression and avoided their typical slow start.  Give Chuck a pat on the back for that

The haters had us losing 60-0 and lost their behind in Vegas. We only lost by 7 and Andrew looked Good. RELAX people, still 10 games to go. I am glad this week is over and at least we had a decent showing.

"Expert" after "expert" said that Tammy and the Pathetics were going to run up the score because they were seeking revenge...revenge???? They had already beaten the Colts by 20 pts 4 times in a row. The revenge theory was based on the fact that they got caught cheating for a second time.

The haters had us losing 60-0 and lost their behind in Vegas. We only lost by 7 and Andrew looked Good. RELAX people, still 10 games to go. I am glad this week is over and at least we had a decent showing.

The haters weren't the only ones that lost, some guys who put in a bet to emotionally hedge themselves so when it was a blowout at least we'd win something got screwed when that * whalen caught the TD at the end

Tough one to swallow, if for no other reason than we actually gave the Pats some fits and forced them to adjust some things. The offensive game plan in the first half was golden, and had the Pats D on it's heels. Especially if the onside had gone Indy's way, they would've been reeling after that. I would've really loved to have been 4-2 this week with a signature victory over the defending champs, but can't help but feel like they gave the game away. Once they decided to change their entire philosophy after the first half, and not to mention that stupid fake punt, the momentum was all New England.

We gave the world a blooper superior to the butt fumble in every way imaginable. 

The haters are gonna be in business for a while. 

Did you see all the questions sent to PaganoShow on twitter when they asked people to send questions in for his radio show? Hilarious

I dont watch games to see "Improvements", i watch games to see wins.

Guess I'm in the minority of "I'd rather look good, see some improvements, and lose a few games" than "I'd rather win a few and look terrible/lucky doing it"

This team isn't built for undefeated seasons. We don't have the player talent or coaching. We're going to lose some games.

Guess I'm in the minority of "I'd rather look good, see some improvements, and lose a few games" than "I'd rather win a few and look terrible/lucky doing it"

This team isn't built for undefeated seasons. We don't have the player talent or coaching. We're going to lose some games.

I would rather go 1-15 and beat them for once than 11-5 and not win a superbowl

I thought the same thing heading into sunday. I didn't think we would win, but thought it would be respectable. But I also think things really start to click over the next couple of games, and if that happens watch out!!

Yes, you are in the minority.

On the surface, with the final score being 34-27, our loss to NE can't be classified as a lopsided massacre with only a 7 point difference. I realize we were probably trying to make NE move early & get a defensive encroachment call & a 1st down in the 2nd half. But, why did we snap the ball when the Pats didn't jump? Look, I know Pagano took the blame here, but it wasn't his fault. The guys on the field have to know when to not snap the ball. I can't yell at a coach for player stupidity or a lapse in concentration either. 

Normally, I'd call for Chuck's head, but no, not from last night. I wanna see how he mobilizes the team after this devastating loss moving forward. That will determine whether we keep Chuck or not, his ability to make the Colts forget this game, compete, & not duplicate a similar blunder again. Pat was punting tremendous all night long. Why even try trickery? It infuriates me when teams try & get cute or too clever for their own good. Grrr! 

Sometimes, the worst thing an owner can do is make decisions out of anger & dismiss their HC ASAP. Just relax, step away from your frustration for awhile, & look at the big picture. Judge Pagano on the whole season not 1 game against our arch rival. I thought our line was good, our defense played great, & that Adams pick on Brady was a thing of beauty actually. 

Now, as far as the Pats are concerned, Brady scrabbled well a la Aaron Rogers like on the move, Jamie Collins athletic leap blocking Adam V.'s field goal was very impressive, & Blount is a wrecking ball who cannot be stopped. Congratulations on your victory NE as much as it kills me to say that. INDY needs to lean how to close out games. We just struggle too much in this area. Failing to slam the door shut on our adversaries. 

On the surface, with the final score being 34-27, our loss to NE can't be classified as a lopsided massacre with only a 7 point difference. I realize we were probably trying to make NE move early & get a defensive encroachment call & a 1st down in the 2nd half. But, why did we snap the ball when the Pats didn't jump? Look, I know Pagano took the blame here, but it wasn't his fault. The guys on the field have to know when to not snap the ball. I can't yell at a coach for player stupidity or a lapse in concentration either.

Normally, I'd call for Chuck's head, but no, not from last night. I wanna see how he mobilizes the team after this devastating loss moving forward. That will determine whether we keep Chuck or not, his ability to make the Colts forget this game, compete, & not duplicate a similar blunder again. Pat was punting tremendous all night long. Why even try trickery? It infuriates me when teams try & get cute or too clever for their own good. Grrr! 

Sometimes, the worst thing an owner can do is make decisions out of anger & dismiss their HC ASAP. Just relax, step away from your frustration for awhile, & look at the big picture. Judge Pagano on the whole season not 1 game against our arch rival. I thought our line was good, our defense played great, & that Adams pick on Brady was a thing of beauty actually. 

Now, as far as the Pats are concerned, Brady scrabbled well a la Aaron Rogers like on the move, Jamie Collins athletic leap blocking Adam V.'s field goal was very impressive, & Blount is a wrecking ball who cannot be stopped. Congratulations on your victory NE as much as it kills me to say that. INDY needs to lean how to close out games. We just struggle too much in this area. Failing to slam the door shut on our adversaries. 

Pagano deserves all the blame for allowing the play to be in the play book, then calling it, then not recognizing it's an illegal formation and finally not using a timeout to limit the self inflicted damage. Colt Anderson repeatedly told Whalen not to snap the ball and he did anyway because Whalen was counting the seconds down on the play clock instead of counting the guys in front of him and knowing the situation that he could just hold tight and accept a 5 yard delay of game penalty.

Blount was easily stopped minus on one carry, the reception should have came back as Langford was held and the call was missed.