Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So much for Johnny Manziel turning his life around

RockThatBlue

Sooooo, other than using a shoulder to pass another car, what exactly did Johnny do wrong?

Drinking, but not to the point of intoxication. By today's standards, that's about one beer.

Arguing with his girlfriend.

After innuendo that he abused her, about 50% of the article devoted to it, the police actually determined that the only mark on his girlfriend was on her arm due to Johnny trying to keep the crazy chick from jumping out of the car while on the road.

She also was drinking.

Lots of innuendo but the only few facts that the article actually reveals doesn't support the tone in which it was written.

Poor Johnny. His life is an open soap opera...probably exaggerated for effect.

Sooooo, other than using a shoulder to pass another car, what exactly did Johnny do wrong?

Drinking, but not to the point of intoxication. By today's standards, that's about one beer.

After innuendo that he abused her, about 50% of the article devoted to it, the police actually determined that the only mark on his girlfriend was on her arm due to Johnny trying to keep the crazy chick from jumping out of the car while on the road.

She also was drinking.

Lots of innuendo but the only few facts that the article actually reveals doesn't support the tone in which it was written.

He went to rehab to stop his abuse of drugs (alcohol) and he's drinking again (if he ever stopped that is). That's a problem.

She also was drinking.

I'm a big supporter of Manziel, and I'll say he's not supposed to be drinking at all after getting out of rehab, that's called a relapse, whether it's 1 beer, 10 or 100. He should be telling his girl not to drink either as that's a bad influence on him when he's a recovering alcoholic. I don't believe he abused her at all, but the fact that's he's drinking alcohol and is around it makes me question his judgment and if he even cares anymore about playing in the NFL. He doesn't seem to get drunk to the point of hurting himself, but he does make a bad impression on himself and the Cleveland Brown organization.

I'm a big supporter of Manziel, and I'll say he's not supposed to be drinking at all after getting out of rehab, that's called a relapse, whether it's 1 beer, 10 or 100. He should be telling his girl not to drink either as that's a bad influence on him when he's a recovering alcoholic. I don't believe he abused her at all, but the fact that's he's drinking alcohol and is around it makes me question his judgment and if he even cares anymore about playing in the NFL. He doesn't seem to get drunk to the point of hurting himself, but he does make a bad impression on himself and the Cleveland Brown organization.

This. He's not doing himself any favors by putting himself in the news again. Even if it wasn't 100% his fault.

Originally, before I clicked on the video inside this thread, I said to myself "Uh oh. Johnny feel off the wagon again." But, after hearing more about the incident here, neither couple was arrested, cited with a DUI, or struck another vehicle at a high rate of speed causing an accident or fatality in this case. It's a wake up call for Johnny to conduct himself better in society or at least be more selective in who he gets involved with socially.

I have a cousin who lived in CA as a teenager who wrestled with drug addiction many times requiring several bouts of rehab before it finally clicked or took hold. On the surface, this story sounds bad & reckless driving isn't smart, but I would need to know more information about what the argument was about & Johnny was wise not to let Elizabeth leave the car flying down the highway. 

This. He's not doing himself any favors by putting himself in the news again. Even if it wasn't 100% his fault.

Exactly LIA, I was just starting to cut Johnny some slack for trying to put his life back together & then this not so flattering story breaks. Ideally, he needed a year without any off the field issues where he just improved in the film room, laid low, & continued to make his teammates & coaching staff believe in Johnny as a possible successor in Cleveland. 

I wonder if Johnny's girlfriend is enabling his bad behavior or that neither of them understands what an intense spotlight comes with playing QB in the NFL even as a backup. Who knows...

No charges were pressed, but this still sounds like pre-rehab Manziel. Guess he hasn't learned a thing. Sad really.

Police Report: Johnny Manziel pulled over during domestic argument, admits to drinking

http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/police-report-johnny-manziel-pulled-over-during-domestic-argument-admits-to-drinking

Not surprising at all, he's the equivalent of a drunk frat guy for the NFL. 

Kind of like this dude. . .

ben-roethlisberger-4-drunk-pictures_zps3

Ohhh wait no, that's Ben Roethlisberger.

Jhonny Fratball is more like. . .

122_zpses19y2p2.jpg

Exactly LIA, I was just starting to cut Johnny some slack for trying to put his life back together & then this not so flattering story breaks. Ideally, he needed a year without any off the field issues where he just improved in the film room, laid low, & continued to make his teammates & coaching staff believe in Johnny as a possible successor in Cleveland. 

I wonder if Johnny's girlfriend is enabling his bad behavior or that neither of them understands what an intense spotlight comes with playing QB in the NFL even as a backup. Who knows...

Potentially, the first round draft pick isn't really taking advantage of his current situation.  If my girlfriend is enabling me negatively, I'm going to have to say GOODBYE!!!!!

The guy has potential to make millions amongst millions of $$$ but he needs to tread carefully. 

Potentially, the first round draft pick isn't really taking advantage of his current situation.  If my girlfriend is enabling me negatively, I'm going to have to say GOODBYE!!!!!

The guy has potential to make millions amongst millions of $$$ but he needs to tread carefully. 

I read ya M-432, but here's where it gets dicey. Some guys were tight with a woman they have known forever or, how do I put this delicately, some ladies have special skills in the bedroom & they know just when to be naughty & nice. Translation: Role playing & frisky experimentation behind closed doors matters a lot to some guys & what they crave in their girlfriends. There are women you bring home to meet your mother & there are women you just don't enough said. 

I read ya M-432, but here's where it gets dicey. Some guys were tight with a woman they have known forever or, how do I put this delicately, some ladies have special skills in the bedroom & they know just when to be naughty & nice. Translation: Role playing & frisky experimentation behind closed doors matters a lot to some guys & what they crave in their girlfriends. There are women you bring home to meet your mother & there are women you just don't enough said. 

Ohhh yeah man, and . . . I can probably guess I know which Johnny Fratball deals with, I'm sure his friends aren't a great influence also.  I've already seen this situation happen a gazillion times in a real life but yet on a much more smaller, smaller level. 

ala not NFL players. 

Ohhh yeah man, and . . . I can probably guess I know which Johnny Fratball deals with, I'm sure his friends aren't a great influence also.  I've already seen this situation happen a gazillion times in a real life but yet on a much more smaller, smaller level. 

ala not NFL players. 

Exactly man. Certain women will tempt high profile individuals or 1's worth of boat load of money with their bodies/techniques & then the next thing you know is that this relationship will be pure chaos & hades, but the happy hour private sessions will be both satisfying, unforgettable, & legendary. 

The question Johnny Football has to ask himself is this: Is horizontal happy hour with wild Elizabeth worth the public relations nightmare that eventually rears it's ugly head later? With great passion comes intense anger in some romantic partners. 

Rick James, you wanna back up my thesis here? Thanks..

Or to put it more bluntly, think of those famous lines from that Janet Jackson 1993 self titled album: "Boom, boom, boom until noon, noon, noon."

If you master your playbook 1st, recreational activities follow suit once you've earned your stripes Johnny. 

You know who was a real drunk frat guy? Kyle Orton -- that guy was insane:

eY4H3wp.jpg

And that's not even all of the photos.

Hey Kyle, you know "The Hangover" is just a fictional movie not a way of like right? Just checking in on ya to make sure dude. Your bloodshot eyes tells me you need to sleep & drink a ton of water so you won't get dehydrated man. 

Not surprising at all, he's the equivalent of a drunk frat guy for the NFL. 

Kind of like this dude. . .

ben-roethlisberger-4-drunk-pictures_zps3

Ohhh wait no, that's Ben Roethlisberger.

Yes, I can easily picture Big Ben with a higher blood alcohol level than his college GPA no doubt. He's come a long way from a motorcycle accident, to an alleged rapist, to a 2 time SB Champion.

Proving once again that the best & brightest candidates in life don't always achieve remarkable feats, but if you can throw a pigskin well, all your setbacks in life are brushed under the rug forever. 

Nice work if you can find it. 

For what it's worth, it has never been announced what substance Johnny actually went to rehab for. He may very well not be barred from consuming alcohol.

True, but I have a browns fan friend and they've told me the rumor has always been that he went in for drinking, and possibly other drugs. Nobody knows for sure but that's been the buzz(see what I did there) around Cleveland for a while now.

I have personally dealt with alcoholics in my life and can assure you that not all fall back into binge drinking after having one drink. Yes, academia and the health professionals will dictate that they "shouldn't" have a drink, but that is their recommendation. Its not the same thing as them saying "if you have one drink you will never be able to stop until you fall down drunk" After the chemical dependency is gone, its a mental thing. Some remain weaker than others. Some have much less to live for than does Johnny, so he may be more motivated than the norm.

His bad impression is now being caused by others projecting a bad reputation on the guy for things blown out of proportion.

Again, the article was written in a sensationalist manner and the facts are really pretty benign.

We don't know the actual speed Johnny was driving, other than the woman reported it as being a high rate. So I guess that means it must have been really fast because Johnny is Johnny and he admits to have had a drink.

I'm sure Manziel has a kind of personality that I would not enjoy being around, but I'm not going to label the guy as a relapse from reading articles like this.

True, but I have a browns fan friend and they've told me the rumor has always been that he went in for drinking, and possibly other drugs. Nobody knows for sure but that's been the buzz(see what I did there) around Cleveland for a while now.

I mean in all likelihood it was probably alcohol abuse that led to his rehab stint. Plus that picture that surfaced that looked like him doing molly or coke in a bathroom didn't help. I did some creeping on his girl's Instagram and I just get the feeling that the girl is probably bad news to begin with...

For what it's worth, it has never been announced what substance Johnny actually went to rehab for. He may very well not be barred from consuming alcohol.

thats irrelevant, addicts arent supposed to be drinking regardless of their drug of choice or whether its ever been a problem for them