What To Do With The First Overall Pick [Mega-merge]

LUVTHESHOE

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eli sat, Rivers sat.

That used to be the way it was all the time.

Honestly I would think any young quarterback would love to learn from Peyton or Brady for a couple years. Not only will you be learning from one of the best but you are going to be taking over a very good offense and not have to rebuild it.

Its a win win really.

I agree completely.... There is no reason they can't work together and it's looking more and more like that's going to happen... Like you said luck should feel privileged to learn behind someone great for a year or two... Look at Rodgers... Worked out great... But all in all if he is a professional he will do what he has to do... If god forbid you sit behind a future hall of famer... Then make the best of it and learn! But in my opinion we will have both on roster at the start of next season... It's the only play that makes sense

I could see Luck sitting for one year, but more then that you are pushing it. If Manning is healthy and plays another three years are you really going to sit Luck for three years? If you do you are going to have to pick up that option for his final year without seeing him play a single down in the NFL. That option will pay him in that final year top 10 money.

If we do take Luck and pick up Peyton's option those two players alone will be taking up a little over 25% depending on how high the cap goes. If you base it off this year then they easily accounted for 25% of the cap. Do we really want two players, one that only will play if our starter is hurt, to account for that much of our cap?

Ideally I would like Manning to have like one year left in him to make one more run at a title and have Luck sit the bench and learn. Then have Manning retire and get all the honors from this team he deserves and then have Luck step in and hopefully have another 10 years of QB dominance.

Sadly I do not think we will get the ideal situation.

I haven't heard anyone talk about it but when Luck was asked this very question following the bowl game he said all the right things but his face and body language told a very different story. He didn't look at all happy with the prospect of sitting behind anyone.

We were all over that topic yesterday... his tone said it all!

First off, we can only guess at this point how many years Manning has. He failed his last physical because he is still a long way from being able to play. We won't know anything until March most likely. Who knows what will happen then...Irsay is planning on talking with Manning tomorrow and maybe we'll know more in the next couple of weeks.

Everything is guess work. Luck or not. Trade or not. Manning healthy or not. Co-exist or not. But it is fun to speculate, yet some are getting antsy with the 'other side'!

There are so many permutations here, we should just enjoy the banter and look back in 4 months and reflect.

Manning probably doesn't know what he'll be doing in the Spring, never mind us armchair pundits.

I am going to clear this topic once and for all, all the Indy faithful who want Luck, typically want Manning as well. Unfortunately that cannot work.. If you tune in to NFL 32, there was Chris Mort putting this issue to rest, and talking about the drama that will unfold this offseason. Mort goes on to say Luck and Manning cannot co-exist, this is not the same situation as Favre and Rodgers, for a multitude of reasons, the placement of the draft pick, the quality of the teams, cap room, and more. I am going to list and explain why Mort was correct, and why I have been saying this all along, that a co-existence is not beneficial for the Colts.

· Now, lets all understand the packers picked 24th that year, were a playoff team, and were following the best player available trend… If a player who was projected to be a #1 pick falls to your lap at 24, your going to take him! When you take someone at the end of the first or later, if he does not surpass the player in front of him on the depth chart you have the luxury of him sitting and waiting. After all they were a playoff team, the Colts are a two win team!

· That segues to the next topic, the Colts were a two win team. They were playing without the GOAT at QB, but they team was exposed for the lack of talent Manning has covered for many years! This means that if the Colts take Luck, there are only theoretically 6 other draft picks. Typically rounds 1-3 possibly round 4 are starters, the rest are slow contributers and need parts of their game polished. This means the Colts will have at best 3 picks to address the many holes they have, CB. NT. SS. WLB. DE. G. C. WR. These are all positions where the talent that exists is getting old or there frankly isn’t any talent there.

· The Colts also have many veteran players due for new contracts, even with the Rookie wage scale reducing what QB’s make, we are still talking about over $20 million dollars invested in one position! It is a waste of resources, that could be used to retain Mathis/Wayne for Manning’s remaining years. Everyone complained about Kerry Collins getting paid to not contribute (I did not like the signing either) this will be that but for FOUR YEARS! Luck sitting and holding a Clipboard for four years eating up cap space that could go to players that will contribute now and even in the future!

· All indications are Manning is slowly but surely recovering from his neck surgery, with all the articles about him throwing passes with normal Manning like zing within 30 yards. You all know what I am talking about the 80% healed Manning articles. Obviously if Manning isn’t healthy come April it is a no brainer to take Luck. But all indications are Manning is recovering, and when he is healthy, why wouldn’t he finish out the last four years of his contract? He was on pace to break Brett Favre’s consecutive game streak. We are talking about Manning who was the games iron man, who didn’t take big shots, and was smart to get out of the way of big shots and duck when necessary. If healthy he will at a minimum finish out his contract!

· Manning cannot be traded like everyone constantly says. Irsay would have to pay Manning come March his bonus which is $28 Million. Why would Irsay pay Peyton $28 Million and then turn around and trade him? That means Irsay would be paying for what value Peyton would bring to the Colts in a trade. And teams know that to get Manning all they have to do is wait for Manning to be released and they can hope to win over his services. So they aren’t going to rush the issue and give up their entire draft for the next two years, or whatever people think the Colts would get. The only value from a trade the Colts have is trading the rights to the #1 pick for Andrew Luck. That’s where it is said the Colts could get at minimum 3 #1’s and 2 #2’s!

· Manning’s contract is not going to be drastically re-worked to fit he and Luck, because as many say “Manning owes the Colts!” Really? Manning owes the Colts? Manning put this team on the map for the last decade! Manning told Irsay this past offseason, “listen don’t make me the highest paid player in the league, put the pieces around me to win a Super Bowl.” Irsay thought this was nonsense and that he would stick to his own decision to make Manning the highest paid player in the league. Irsay said in the post Manning contract press conference, we finished it, I am done with it, I am not going back to it. Now why would Manning restructure, to fit a young kid on the team, when that doesn’t benefit his quest for Lombardi’s? Would Manning restructure to fit Wayne and Mathis, maybe, maybe if Irsay would go back into the contract. But he will not restructure to fit Luck, yes he is a team player, but he could be outright released, and he knows that. And that may be the better decision for Manning and the team going forward.

· Andrew Luck does not want to sit under Manning, just like Manning does not want to mentor a kid. He wants to win Lombardi’s! The faults of this team are out, Manning is going to be on a quest to take this team to the promise land to show how good he really is! Luck would only hinder that, for all of the above mentioned reasons. Manning could possibly deliver an ultimatum to Irsay, and I think Irsay will side with Manning. All the articles of Archie about how Luck is ready and should play and how Manning agrees and doesn’t want to hinder that are true articles! But believe me, Manning wants Luck to start from day one elsewhere! And Luck doesn’t want to sit under Manning. His post game interview the other night spoke volumes of how he wants to play right away. His tone and body language stood out as someone who was just speaking what he had to, without looking like a Diva before taking an NFL snap! Who would come out and say I don’t want to go to the Colts and sit under Manning that far before the draft? Especially when Manning isn’t quiet 100% right now! That means if he doesn’t fully recover Luck would be burning bridges before even crossing them!

· The problem is by having both, you are kind of playing for the future, but hanging on to the past in Manning, while sort of competing for Super Bowls. Manning is good enough to lead the team back into the playoffs on his own.. But I still see this team as a few players short of getting back to Super Bowl contention. Having Manning around also means veterans will be retained, and this will be a very similar roster to last years. Obviously that doesn’t infuse the team with young or even impactful talent (the problem with this team in the first place), which choosing one or the other would bring. Going for the future and taking Luck in cutting ties with Manning means, freed up cap space to get free agents, and many of the older players leaving the Colts. It means rebuild mode for the next four to five seasons with Luck! Money to pursue free agents and continue to put pieces in place to make Luck successful. Trading the pick means infusing the team with young talent, while keeping some of the current veteran players. So that the team can compete again for Super Bowls, and have a good strong young nucleus of players from all the draft picks post Manning making the transition much smoother for the future QB. You cannot be successful by blending the two together. In conclusion, it is going to be one or the other folks. Having both does not make any sense other than Colts fans dreaming! Peyton will either be a Colt next year or Andrew Luck will be a Colt. To have both would be the most foolish move any Owner/GM could possibly make! I want Peyton as a Colt myself, and the Luck pick traded. Every year there is talent out there at the QB position. His value would help rebuild this team short and long term. Give a better nucleus of talent for the QB to take over post Manning. It’s one or the other folks..

Guess what, your article is bolony like all the others. Everyone can guess what's going to happen in the months to come but in reality, knowone knows. The likes of Chris Mortinson, Adam Shefler or Joe Smoe can give opinions all they want but one thing is for sure, they are all crap guesses.

I am going to clear this topic once and for all, all the Indy faithful who want Luck, typically want Manning as well. Unfortunately that cannot work.. If you tune in to NFL 32, there was Chris Mort putting this issue to rest, and talking about the drama that will unfold this offseason. Mort goes on to say Luck and Manning cannot co-exist, this is not the same situation as Favre and Rodgers, for a multitude of reasons, the placement of the draft pick, the quality of the teams, cap room, and more. I am going to list and explain why Mort was correct, and why I have been saying this all along, that a co-existence is not beneficial for the Colts.

· Now, lets all understand the packers picked 24th that year, were a playoff team, and were following the best player available trend… If a player who was projected to be a #1 pick falls to your lap at 24, your going to take him! When you take someone at the end of the first or later, if he does not surpass the player in front of him on the depth chart you have the luxury of him sitting and waiting. After all they were a playoff team, the Colts are a two win team!

· That segues to the next topic, the Colts were a two win team. They were playing without the GOAT at QB, but they team was exposed for the lack of talent Manning has covered for many years! This means that if the Colts take Luck, there are only theoretically 6 other draft picks. Typically rounds 1-3 possibly round 4 are starters, the rest are slow contributers and need parts of their game polished. This means the Colts will have at best 3 picks to address the many holes they have, CB. NT. SS. WLB. DE. G. C. WR. These are all positions where the talent that exists is getting old or there frankly isn’t any talent there.

· The Colts also have many veteran players due for new contracts, even with the Rookie wage scale reducing what QB’s make, we are still talking about over $20 million dollars invested in one position! It is a waste of resources, that could be used to retain Mathis/Wayne for Manning’s remaining years. Everyone complained about Kerry Collins getting paid to not contribute (I did not like the signing either) this will be that but for FOUR YEARS! Luck sitting and holding a Clipboard for four years eating up cap space that could go to players that will contribute now and even in the future!

· All indications are Manning is slowly but surely recovering from his neck surgery, with all the articles about him throwing passes with normal Manning like zing within 30 yards. You all know what I am talking about the 80% healed Manning articles. Obviously if Manning isn’t healthy come April it is a no brainer to take Luck. But all indications are Manning is recovering, and when he is healthy, why wouldn’t he finish out the last four years of his contract? He was on pace to break Brett Favre’s consecutive game streak. We are talking about Manning who was the games iron man, who didn’t take big shots, and was smart to get out of the way of big shots and duck when necessary. If healthy he will at a minimum finish out his contract!

· Manning cannot be traded like everyone constantly says. Irsay would have to pay Manning come March his bonus which is $28 Million. Why would Irsay pay Peyton $28 Million and then turn around and trade him? That means Irsay would be paying for what value Peyton would bring to the Colts in a trade. And teams know that to get Manning all they have to do is wait for Manning to be released and they can hope to win over his services. So they aren’t going to rush the issue and give up their entire draft for the next two years, or whatever people think the Colts would get. The only value from a trade the Colts have is trading the rights to the #1 pick for Andrew Luck. That’s where it is said the Colts could get at minimum 3 #1’s and 2 #2’s!

· Manning’s contract is not going to be drastically re-worked to fit he and Luck, because as many say “Manning owes the Colts!” Really? Manning owes the Colts? Manning put this team on the map for the last decade! Manning told Irsay this past offseason, “listen don’t make me the highest paid player in the league, put the pieces around me to win a Super Bowl.” Irsay thought this was nonsense and that he would stick to his own decision to make Manning the highest paid player in the league. Irsay said in the post Manning contract press conference, we finished it, I am done with it, I am not going back to it. Now why would Manning restructure, to fit a young kid on the team, when that doesn’t benefit his quest for Lombardi’s? Would Manning restructure to fit Wayne and Mathis, maybe, maybe if Irsay would go back into the contract. But he will not restructure to fit Luck, yes he is a team player, but he could be outright released, and he knows that. And that may be the better decision for Manning and the team going forward.

· Andrew Luck does not want to sit under Manning, just like Manning does not want to mentor a kid. He wants to win Lombardi’s! The faults of this team are out, Manning is going to be on a quest to take this team to the promise land to show how good he really is! Luck would only hinder that, for all of the above mentioned reasons. Manning could possibly deliver an ultimatum to Irsay, and I think Irsay will side with Manning. All the articles of Archie about how Luck is ready and should play and how Manning agrees and doesn’t want to hinder that are true articles! But believe me, Manning wants Luck to start from day one elsewhere! And Luck doesn’t want to sit under Manning. His post game interview the other night spoke volumes of how he wants to play right away. His tone and body language stood out as someone who was just speaking what he had to, without looking like a Diva before taking an NFL snap! Who would come out and say I don’t want to go to the Colts and sit under Manning that far before the draft? Especially when Manning isn’t quiet 100% right now! That means if he doesn’t fully recover Luck would be burning bridges before even crossing them!

· The problem is by having both, you are kind of playing for the future, but hanging on to the past in Manning, while sort of competing for Super Bowls. Manning is good enough to lead the team back into the playoffs on his own.. But I still see this team as a few players short of getting back to Super Bowl contention. Having Manning around also means veterans will be retained, and this will be a very similar roster to last years. Obviously that doesn’t infuse the team with young or even impactful talent (the problem with this team in the first place), which choosing one or the other would bring. Going for the future and taking Luck in cutting ties with Manning means, freed up cap space to get free agents, and many of the older players leaving the Colts. It means rebuild mode for the next four to five seasons with Luck! Money to pursue free agents and continue to put pieces in place to make Luck successful. Trading the pick means infusing the team with young talent, while keeping some of the current veteran players. So that the team can compete again for Super Bowls, and have a good strong young nucleus of players from all the draft picks post Manning making the transition much smoother for the future QB. You cannot be successful by blending the two together. In conclusion, it is going to be one or the other folks. Having both does not make any sense other than Colts fans dreaming! Peyton will either be a Colt next year or Andrew Luck will be a Colt. To have both would be the most foolish move any Owner/GM could possibly make! I want Peyton as a Colt myself, and the Luck pick traded. Every year there is talent out there at the QB position. His value would help rebuild this team short and long term. Give a better nucleus of talent for the QB to take over post Manning. It’s one or the other folks..

I agree entirely.

Guess what, your article is bolony like all the others. Everyone can guess what's going to happen in the months to come but in reality, knowone knows. The likes of Chris Mortinson, Adam Shefler or Joe Smoe can give opinions all they want but one thing is for sure, they are all crap guesses.

Really? What's bolony? Bolony must mean well articulated and presented ideas. Unlike you stating the obvious that nobody knows what's going to happen in the future! NO SHIP SHERLOCK!

For every person that says Luck and Manning can not co-exist, there are several that say it can. The only person that really matters is Jim Irsay. If he belives he can make it work then thats what he'll do, but lets get one thing straight, If he don't think it will work then Im positive that Luck will be the one to be here and Manning will be cut. Plain and simple, Irsay has unequivocally stated, he is moving into a new era and a rebuilding process. So if your hope with this thread was to convince us that Manning is the future of the Colts and not Luck, you failed miserably.

For every person that says Luck and Manning can not co-exist, there are several that say it can. The only person that really matters is Jim Irsay. If he belives he can make it work then thats what he'll do, but lets get one thing straight, If he don't think it will work then Im positive that Luck will be the one to be here and Manning will be cut. Plain and simple, Irsay has unequivocally stated, he is moving into a new era and a rebuilding process. So if your hope with this thread was to convince us that Manning is the future of the Colts and not Luck, you failed miserably.

I agree

· Now, lets all understand the packers picked 24th that year, were a playoff team, and were following the best player available trend… If a player who was projected to be a #1 pick falls to your lap at 24, your going to take him! When you take someone at the end of the first or later, if he does not surpass the player in front of him on the depth chart you have the luxury of him sitting and waiting. After all they were a playoff team, the Colts are a two win team! This has nothing to do with anything

· That segues to the next topic, the Colts were a two win team. They were playing without the GOAT at QB, but they team was exposed for the lack of talent Manning has covered for many years! This means that if the Colts take Luck, there are only theoretically 6 other draft picks. Typically rounds 1-3 possibly round 4 are starters, the rest are slow contributers and need parts of their game polished. This means the Colts will have at best 3 picks to address the many holes they have, CB. NT. SS. WLB. DE. G. C. WR. These are all positions where the talent that exists is getting old or there frankly isn’t any talent there. Everyone knows what we lack. And outside of a select few players at those positions, they aren't really missing much in the draft that you could 'bank' on.

· The Colts also have many veteran players due for new contracts, even with the Rookie wage scale reducing what QB’s make, we are still talking about over $20 million dollars invested in one position! It is a waste of resources, that could be used to retain Mathis/Wayne for Manning’s remaining years. Everyone complained about Kerry Collins getting paid to not contribute (I did not like the signing either) this will be that but for FOUR YEARS! Luck sitting and holding a Clipboard for four years eating up cap space that could go to players that will contribute now and even in the future! Thats not much at all really. Heck Freeney alone will make $19mill, and thats one super under performing player. Cutting Addai at $3mill and your over half way to Luck.

· All indications are Manning is slowly but surely recovering from his neck surgery, with all the articles about him throwing passes with normal Manning like zing within 30 yards. You all know what I am talking about the 80% healed Manning articles. Obviously if Manning isn’t healthy come April it is a no brainer to take Luck. But all indications are Manning is recovering, and when he is healthy, why wouldn’t he finish out the last four years of his contract? He was on pace to break Brett Favre’s consecutive game streak. We are talking about Manning who was the games iron man, who didn’t take big shots, and was smart to get out of the way of big shots and duck when necessary. If healthy he will at a minimum finish out his contract! "Obviously if Manning isn’t healthy come April it is a no brainer to take Luck" Bingo, you said it yourself, and no one in there right mind is going to 'bank' on a 36yr old coming off of 3 neck operations.

· Manning cannot be traded like everyone constantly says. Irsay would have to pay Manning come March his bonus which is $28 Million. Why would Irsay pay Peyton $28 Million and then turn around and trade him? That means Irsay would be paying for what value Peyton would bring to the Colts in a trade. And teams know that to get Manning all they have to do is wait for Manning to be released and they can hope to win over his services. So they aren’t going to rush the issue and give up their entire draft for the next two years, or whatever people think the Colts would get. The only value from a trade the Colts have is trading the rights to the #1 pick for Andrew Luck. That’s where it is said the Colts could get at minimum 3 #1’s and 2 #2’s! No one on this earth is giving up 3 #1's and 2 #2s. You are out of your mind. Just a few paragraphs ago your complaining about how if we take 1 player it will mess up our future and our draft, yet you think a team is going to give up at least 2 complete drafts? And teams that generally need a QB are rebuilding...

· Manning’s contract is not going to be drastically re-worked to fit he and Luck, because as many say “Manning owes the Colts!” Really? Manning owes the Colts? Manning put this team on the map for the last decade! Manning told Irsay this past offseason, “listen don’t make me the highest paid player in the league, put the pieces around me to win a Super Bowl.” Irsay thought this was nonsense and that he would stick to his own decision to make Manning the highest paid player in the league. Irsay said in the post Manning contract press conference, we finished it, I am done with it, I am not going back to it. Now why would Manning restructure, to fit a young kid on the team, when that doesn’t benefit his quest for Lombardi’s? Would Manning restructure to fit Wayne and Mathis, maybe, maybe if Irsay would go back into the contract. But he will not restructure to fit Luck, yes he is a team player, but he could be outright released, and he knows that. And that may be the better decision for Manning and the team going forward. Do you know the lotto #'s for next week. How about Peytons ATM #? You seem to know alot about what Peyton wants and thinks.

· Andrew Luck does not want to sit under Manning, just like Manning does not want to mentor a kid. He wants to win Lombardi’s! The faults of this team are out, Manning is going to be on a quest to take this team to the promise land to show how good he really is! Luck would only hinder that, for all of the above mentioned reasons. Manning could possibly deliver an ultimatum to Irsay, and I think Irsay will side with Manning. All the articles of Archie about how Luck is ready and should play and how Manning agrees and doesn’t want to hinder that are true articles! But believe me, Manning wants Luck to start from day one elsewhere! And Luck doesn’t want to sit under Manning. His post game interview the other night spoke volumes of how he wants to play right away. His tone and body language stood out as someone who was just speaking what he had to, without looking like a Diva before taking an NFL snap! Who would come out and say I don’t want to go to the Colts and sit under Manning that far before the draft? Especially when Manning isn’t quiet 100% right now! That means if he doesn’t fully recover Luck would be burning bridges before even crossing them! See above.

· The problem is by having both, you are kind of playing for the future, but hanging on to the past in Manning, while sort of competing for Super Bowls. Manning is good enough to lead the team back into the playoffs on his own.. But I still see this team as a few players short of getting back to Super Bowl contention. Having Manning around also means veterans will be retained, and this will be a very similar roster to last years. Obviously that doesn’t infuse the team with young or even impactful talent (the problem with this team in the first place), which choosing one or the other would bring. Going for the future and taking Luck in cutting ties with Manning means, freed up cap space to get free agents, and many of the older players leaving the Colts. It means rebuild mode for the next four to five seasons with Luck! Money to pursue free agents and continue to put pieces in place to make Luck successful. Trading the pick means infusing the team with young talent, while keeping some of the current veteran players. So that the team can compete again for Super Bowls, and have a good strong young nucleus of players from all the draft picks post Manning making the transition much smoother for the future QB. You cannot be successful by blending the two together. In conclusion, it is going to be one or the other folks. Having both does not make any sense other than Colts fans dreaming! Peyton will either be a Colt next year or Andrew Luck will be a Colt. To have both would be the most foolish move any Owner/GM could possibly make! I want Peyton as a Colt myself, and the Luck pick traded. Every year there is talent out there at the QB position. His value would help rebuild this team short and long term. Give a better nucleus of talent for the QB to take over post Manning. It’s one or the other folks.. Your first sentence summed it up nicely. We will be playing for the future, while holding onto Manning, while competeing for a Super Bowl. Sounds great!

You are leaving out many of his other statements, one is how if Manning is healthy he will be a Colt, how he will make some decisions that are unpopular ones. i.e. trading the draft pick, afterall he said we aren't going to find the next Manning this year, next year, or anytime soon! The thread was to say it is one or the other, I like your little shot at me, your just mad cause I am styling on you!

Fantasy football you keep both, in the real world you keep one or the other no debate.

If you keep Peyton and trade Luck you are looking at seasons of around 500 over next two years with aging stars. Then starting in 2014 you have a team of retiring older player that will be leaving and those left behind will be a the bottom for several years. If you take Luck you have a franchise QB until 2030. The Colts will be a team to deal with for another 15-17 years. That is our choice. As I have said before see the Johnny Unitas debate and what happened to the Colts once he could no longer play.

What we fail to recognize is that the Colts have been in decline. That happens when you draft where we have drafted over the last several years. It will take at least 2 or 3 years to rebuild. Peyton coming back will NOT make us a superbowl contender next year.

When John Elway came out in 82 the Colts made what most consider the dumbest move ever by trading him. History is now repeating itself.

As fans we have been given a great gift in that our team can remain relevant for several additional years. If we pass on that then we have no one to blame but ourselves.

You are leaving out many of his other statements, one is how if Manning is healthy he will be a Colt, how he will make some decisions that are unpopular ones. i.e. trading the draft pick, afterall he said we aren't going to find the next Manning this year, next year, or anytime soon! The thread was to say it is one or the other, I like your little shot at me, your just mad cause I am styling on you!

I didn't take a shot at you at all. I just said you failed miserably if your intent was to convince me and others that he will choose Manning. Irsay also said he has to take sentimentality out of the situation. He's spelling it out for people and a lot of people are just going to refuse to see it. He is not going to fire his loing time Vice Chairman and GM to move into the future with a 36 yr. old QB. It's just not gonna happen. Thats not to say Manning will not be here, but you and a few others are the one's insisting they both can't be here. If thats true(and it may well be) then Manning will be the one let go.

I didn't take a shot at you at all. I just said you failed miserably if your intent was to convince me and others that he will choose Manning. Irsay also said he has to take sentimentality out of the situation. He's spelling it out for people and a lot of people are just going to refuse to see it. He is not going to fire his loing time Vice Chairman and GM to move into the future with a 36 yr. old QB. It's just not gonna happen. Thats not to say Manning will not be here, but you and a few others are the one's insisting they both can't be here. If thats true(and it may well be) then Manning will be the one let go.

The premis of this thread is to explain that they cannot co-exist. My opinion is that Manning is the better option. This thread clears up why they cannot co-exist! It is one or the other! I am tired of hearing the dream of having both!

The premis of this thread is to explain that they cannot co-exist. My opinion is that Manning is the better option. This thread clears up why they cannot co-exist! It is one or the other! I am tired of hearing the dream of having both!

Alright, thats fine but like I said, if it is one or the other, it will be Luck.

Are you still on me bro?

Never was on you just don't agree with u much. All the things Irsay said about not finding the next PM was just him respecting PM. You think he would say we r looking to replace PM on national tv? Also that interview was before he decided to fire the polians. Things are diff now. He seems to me like he wants to rebuild. It's just my opinion and your entitled to yours as well. I respect your opinion. You could be right idk

For every 10 people saying they can't co exist there is 10 more saying they can. No way of knowing

Alright, thats fine but like I said, if it is one or the other, it will be Luck.

I agree, and that is the intelligent decision! It could be Luck or it could be Manning... but if it's Luck, you heard it here first, when a certain team falls in the playoffs because they have a game manager at QB, and their organization has $17 million free in cap space, the Manning will be a :49ers: next year!

Who knows what Manning and Luck are really thinking - for all we know they could be in conversation about how they'd like to work together, however also for all we know they could be sending each other ^lady^y Facebook messages.

I agree, and that is the intelligent decision! It could be Luck or it could be Manning... but if it's Luck, you heard it here first, when a certain team falls in the playoffs because they have a game manager at QB, and their organization has $17 million free in cap space, the Manning will be a next year!

Manning won't be a 49er. They talked about this on mike n mike this am. Is that why you brought it up?

Really? What's bolony? Bolony must mean well articulated and presented ideas. Unlike you stating the obvious that nobody knows what's going to happen in the future! NO SHIP SHERLOCK!

Then why did you write another Luck/Manning article if everyone doesn't know whats going to happen.....?

So many words have been spoken abut this thread so far.

I think (like most of the fans) we shall have Manning and Luck, but this is only a wish. What reality will be in this matter?-I don't know.

All I can do to sit and wait what's going to happen.

I hope Mr. Irsay, GM, HC will make right decision, whatever it would be!

When did they talk about it? And what did they say?

This morning on mike n mike I think golic brought it up but Adam said PM will go somewhere in Midwest or east coast. Somewhere where a QB is needed. He didn't really wanna mention teams cause everytime he does people twist his words and say Adam reported PM is going here or there blah blah. He said if 49ers go away from smith they might give kaepernick a shot.

ok, everybody who wants to go thru another season like this one again please raise your hands. thought so. so if we trade the first overall pick away do we still manage to get a qb that is in the caliber that luck is in, probably not. and who is to say manning will ever play again, he still isn't cleared by the doctors. me, i am waiting on who the next gm is, that will tell us more of what is goin to happen in the draft.

This morning on mike n mike I think golic brought it up but Adam said PM will go somewhere in Midwest or east coast. Somewhere where a QB is needed. He didn't really wanna mention teams cause everytime he does people twist his words and say Adam reported PM is going here or there blah blah. He said if 49ers go away from smith they might give kaepernick a shot.

I haven't watched that show in many months. I am not a big fan of it to begin with. If you really want I will dig up the post I wrote in November about the landing spots, and said Baltimore, NY Jets, Dallas, and San Francisco. He will go where he can win a Super Bowl. I think with the 49ers having the cap space and the team they do, it would be a perfect match.

This is a thread I started called Where will Peyton be next year?

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

With the release of the transcript from Polian's radio program, it seemed as if Polian intends to take Luck #1 and has no intention of trading down, as some of us (myself included) would have wanted. Polian also seemed to have doubts about Peyton being a Colt let alone playing football next year? Here is my question to you where will Peyton be next year? A Colt? Another team? Retired?

As I have been saying on many threads and I stand by this, I don't think Manning and Luck can coexist, I don't think it's advantageous to either one, their careers, or the Colts organization...Personally I think Manning will be a San Francisco 49er next year.. They have $17 Million free in cap space next year, and are only a QB away from being a DOMINANT football team... so if the Colts take Luck and Manning is back next year healthy.. Peyton Manning will be a :49ers:

I haven't watched that show in many months. I am not a big fan of it to begin with. If you really want I will dig up the post I wrote in November about the landing spots, and said Baltimore, NY Jets, Dallas, and San Francisco. He will go where he can win a Super Bowl. I think with the 49ers having the cap space and the team they do, it would be a perfect match.

Ravens and cowboys???? Really come on your smarter then that