Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Full Practice Squad Announced.

backshoulderfade

I would have to imagine one will be without a job here shortly when Herrera is added. I like who they kept though.

Assuming Herrera clears waivers -- I could see another team trying to add him to their 53.

I was surprised when Pendleton didn't make it past the cut to 75, but glad to see he is back.

I was pretty sure we'd keep Adongo and Swoope.  I do think both have potential -- Adongo just needs to remain healthy, he has shown flashes of being very quick off the snap and he is a freak athlete -- to his credit he is still learning  a totally new game.  I wonder if Swoope still has a lot of learning to do himself, or if the coaches intentionally 'hid' him for most of preseason -- I was really expecting him to come in this year and challenge for a roster spot and have potential to be a receiving threat.

I would like to see us add a QB and Herrera (if he clears waivers) -- if I had to axe 2 people from that list it would be Arkin and Patterson.

Also, I'm glad to see McNary on the list and that the Colts are not judging him for the charges he was acquitted of.

I don't see the harm in it. I think both have potential.

The problem is that they are taking a spot that could be filled by a real football player(s) who has played the game.

They have been here too long already without making a significant contribution.

...for instance, dump Dongo and add Herrara to the PS.

True. They are taking a risk here, if Luck or Matt goes down, there is no backup ready who knows the system.

If Luck goes down, I think our chances at a super bowl are done.  If Luck and Matt go down, I think our chances at the playoffs are done.

We would most likely have to trade draft picks to someone to pick up a QB, or maybe the FO sees that veteran players like Christian Ponder, Matt Flynn, etc.. have been released and are banking on that as an option if we have injury problems at QB.

To be honest, I think we'd be screwed if we ever had to see Bennett in a real game.  Where I see the most value for us having a QB on the PS (especially one like Bennett) is if they are fast and athletic so they could try to mimic some packages we'll see from some of the QBs we will face this year (e.g., Tyrod Taylor, Cam Newton -- though there really aren't many QBs we face this year that Hasselbeck shouldn't be able to mimic in practice).

Assuming Herrera clears waivers -- I could see another team trying to add him to their 53.

I was surprised when Pendleton didn't make it past the cut to 75, but glad to see he is back.

I was pretty sure we'd keep Adongo and Swoope.  I do think both have potential -- Adongo just needs to remain healthy, he has shown flashes of being very quick off the snap and he is a freak athlete -- to his credit he is still learning  a totally new game.  I wonder if Swoope still has a lot of learning to do himself, or if the coaches intentionally 'hid' him for most of preseason -- I was really expecting him to come in this year and challenge for a roster spot and have potential to be a receiving threat.

I would like to see us add a QB and Herrera (if he clears waivers) -- if I had to axe 2 people from that list it would be Arkin and Patterson.

Also, I'm glad to see McNary on the list and that the Colts are not judging him for the charges he was acquitted of.

Yes that is assuming he clears waivers, but the good thing about this all is he was released a little later than others giving teams time to scavenge from other teams cuts. Hopefully that helps him clear. I too was surprised when Pendleton didn't make the cut to 75 as he had some flashes in Preseason, and when he played with us during the regular season before. I agree on Adongo and Swoope I think the projects are just starting to see the progress and benefits. Adongo is super fast off the ball and now just needs to develop pass rushing moves to shed blocks and turn the corner. I believe Swoope needs to keep working on his route running and physicality. I agree Arkin or Patterson will go if we get Herrera the bad thing is I liked what I saw from both of them, but mostly Patterson he shown nice flashes that Pagano could work with. I also agree it is nice to see McNary on the list as it could possibly restart his career, and could be a great addition later in the year if someone gets hurt especially for special teams.

If Luck goes down, I think our chances at a super bowl are done.  If Luck and Matt go down, I think our chances at the playoffs are done.

We would most likely have to trade draft picks to someone to pick up a QB, or maybe the FO sees that veteran players like Christian Ponder, Matt Flynn, etc.. have been released and are banking on that as an option if we have injury problems at QB.

To be honest, I think we'd be screwed if we ever had to see Bennett in a real game.  Where I see the most value for us having a QB on the PS (especially one like Bennett) is if they are fast and athletic so they could try to mimic some packages we'll see from some of the QBs we will face this year (e.g., Tyrod Taylor, Cam Newton -- though there really aren't many QBs we face this year that Hasselbeck shouldn't be able to mimic in practice).

Well yes, what I'm saying is that is Hasselbeck gets hurt in practice, we wouldn't have anyone to back up Luck who knows the system. Likewise, If Luck goes down, who gets behind Matt?

Jeris Pendleton is 31 yoa. They must be holding him because they're so thin at DT. No Junior Sylvestre? Did he get claimed? Must be keeping Ulrich John out of desperation at OT, because he was horrible in pre-season (unless they like sacks and holding calls)

Jeris Pendleton is 31 yoa. They must be holding him because they're so thin at DT. No Junior Sylvestre? Did he get claimed? Must be keeping Ulrich John out of desperation at OT, because he was horrible in pre-season (unless they like sacks and holding calls)

Sylvestre is on IR with an ankle injury.

We should at least kept Bennet to run Sqout qb for week one. .. tyrod will kill us on the ground with our undisciplined edge rush. .. I.e. Raiders 2013 opener

Well Chuck said they've been working a game plan against Taylor since last week and he knows what he can do as they both were in Baltimore. We have a good record against running qbs (beat the raiders, 49ers, seahawks) so nothing to worry about.

Well Chuck said they've been working a game plan against Taylor since last week and he knows what he can do as they both were in Baltimore. We have a good record against running qbs (beat the raiders, 49ers, seahawks) so nothing to worry about.

I do remember him saying that in the presser... I'm just looking at how young we are upfront ..... I have a really bad feeling about the game. ..... Well at least the first half

I'm surprised they kept Swoope. I saw nothing in pre-season that made me think he's learned how to play TE in the NFL. If they wanted a project TE they should have kept McGrath who has a better floor.

Adongo might be let go to make room for Herrera. Adongo couldn't make the 53 on STs, which tells me he's still learning the game of football. I expected slow development but this is ridiculous.