Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MetLife Stadium fans boo quarterback Geno Smith at Jets scrimmage

amfootball

Its all on him, It don't have to be through long downfield passes, Dink and dunking works just as affectively, 80 yards for example is still 80's whether you cover it in 2-3 passes or 8-10, It all amounts to moving the ball

He hasn't accomplished anything yet...I'm sure he understands

I think at this point the fans see the offense with Decker and Marshall and feel like he should have a good year this year. Certainly not be a turnover machine like he was last year. I think that is fair. Players know when they sign up to play in NY there is not  a lot margin for error before the fans turn.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13402697/geno-smith-new-york-jets-booed-team-scrimmage-metlife-stadium

This is going to be a long year for Geno. He has no latitude at all with the NY fans.

haha. What took you so long? Last night I saw this story and I kid you not. I said to myself, "I bet Amfootball will post this story tomorrow morning." You proved me right once again. You are obsessed with the Jets. :P

I hope Geno proves those fans wrong.

True..Jets are the 4th best team in a 4-team division, aren't they?

haha. What took you so long? Last night I saw this story and I kid you not. I said to myself, "I bet Amfootball will post this story tomorrow morning." You proved me right once again. You are obsessed with the Jets. :P

I hope Geno proves those fans wrong.

Maybe the Jets will get the hint that level of QB play is unacceptable and it's time to do something about it. I doubt it.

Between Geno, Vick, and  Fitzpatrick Fitz is the "best" of the worst. Petty is an unknown at this point - like MTC said they should start him. Unknowns are better than proven bad (or washed up in Vick's case) players.

Its sad that they regret letting Sanchez go....honestly with the defense they have had they could have ran Tim Tebow out there and been 8-8. Thats a team that doesn't need big plays to win games. They should be able to matriculate the ball down the field and play a game of field position. Heck even 3 is a win for that offense...they don't have to score 7 every time. This is a team that if they score 20 they should win. Be interesting to see where they go after Rex.

I never understand why fans boo their own team and players.

Me either. And it is only TC to boot. I mean the point is you want your guys to do well and booing really does not help them at all. It is a fans right and all but I have never understood it either. It is not like they are trying to play poorly.

But you think Johnny and Griffen are good?

Yep. Johnny had a terrible rookie season no doubt but the guy is entering his second year. As far as we know he could be a top ten QB in five years. Griffin is obviously a better player than Geno. Jury isn't out on him either.

No. The numbers and results bare that

Again...in your opinion. Are you ready to derail another thread by picking a fruitless fight with me about players I like? Do I have to start trolling Manning randomly in threads just to get you out of this habit?

Again...in your opinion. Are you ready to derail another thread by picking a fruitless fight with me about players I like? Do I have to start trolling Manning randomly in threads just to get you out of this habit?

You can try. BUT he doesn't suck like Johnny and Bob

No, not even close. Try harder

I'm not trying anything. You're the one being childish (once again) and trying to pick fights about players someone else likes. I don't care about Manning enough to go around bashing him to get a rise out of people. You should take your medicine and get to bed, I'm not in the mood.

I'm not trying anything. You're the one being childish (once again) and trying to pick fights about players someone else likes. I don't care about Manning enough to go around bashing him to get a rise out of people. You should take your medicine and get to bed, I'm not in the mood.

You said the fans should boo Geno because he sucks. He does indeed suck, but he doesn't suck any worse than Johnny or Bob. Johnny won't even be the starter.

You said the fans should boo Geno because he sucks. He does indeed suck, but he doesn't suck any worse than Johnny or Bob. Johnny won't even be the starter.

Aaron Rodgers wasn't a starter for what, five years? Brady wasn't a starter. Nick Foles started out as a back-up, and a lot of people thought Wilson would amount to nothing more then a back-up. I'm sure you get the point now.

Aaron Rodgers wasn't a starter for what, five years? Brady wasn't a starter. Nick Foles started out as a back-up, and a lot of people thought Wilson would amount to nothing more then a back-up. I'm sure you get the point now.

Yes, those are all good qbs. The ones we were talking about aren't

Geno Smith, Michael Vick (the current/old version), and Fitz are all a detriment to whatever team they start for instead of an asset. They do, indeed, suck. Smith is the worst of the 3, Fitz is the "best' of the 3.

The rest of the guys you mentioned all eventually got their chances and shined. These 3 guys have had their chances, and suck it up for the world to see.  Vick used to be good, Smith and Fitz are never waszzszsszsszszuzu.

Geno Smith, Michael Vick (the current/old version), and Fitz are all a detriment to whatever team they start for instead of an asset. They do, indeed, suck. Smith is the worst of the 3, Fitz is the "best' of the 3.

The rest of the guys you mentioned all eventually got their chances and shined. These 3 guys have had their chances, and suck it up for the world to see. Vick used to be good, Smith and Fitz are never waszzszsszsszszuzu.

Thanks. That's how I feel about it too. I don't see why some posters think I can't like one guy and not be able to recognize another guy's faults. Of course it's been common knowledge that Geno has looked terrible for a while now. The Jets are probably doomed offensively.