Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8/8/2015 Training Camp Thread

TKnight24

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jalil Brown with his 2nd INT today, this one off Luck. His 3rd in camp (a 4th was flagged for illegal contact). #ColtsCamp @Colts

— Steve Andress (@ColtsReporter)

August 8, 2015

Injury report: CB Darius Butler and WR Duron Carter both left practice with groin injuries today. DE Kendall Langford soreness, Vontae rest

— Steve Andress (@ColtsReporter)

August 8, 2015

that would explain it. Holmes got 62 after ship was traded and when he came back last year he was 63 because Holmes was 62 already.

So they grabbed and old photo and just assumed it was Holmes. Understandable. I also doubt it was chap who picked the picture. Odds are it was an editor who probably doesn't pay that much attention to the Colts.

Ok Let me rephrase that.  If the Indy star reporters, and ESPN south reporters, and Mike Chappel all say are true, I cant believe the Colts made zero  effort trying to sign Wilfork.

There's no way of knowing whether the Colts showed interest in Wilfork. There are multiple conflicting reports on the matter, with some saying that Wilfork was choosing between the Colts and Texans, some saying he had crossed both off his list and was going back to New England, etc. 

When all the dust settled, it was his Houston-based agent, his former defensive coordinator who runs the Texans defense now, his former teammate who coaches the Texans linebackers, and a former assistant coach who is now the head coach of the Texans -- they all presented a favorable draw for Wilfork. That doesn't mean the Colts never talked to his people.

Nope.   It's Holmes.   #62 is Holmes.

Plus,  Shipley was a white,  white guy.    Holmes has an olive complexion and a beard.    So does the guy in the picture.

Holmes actually has no arm tattoos that I see, it does seem to be AQ

edit-sorry, you were already corrected!

Is it just me or does it seem like our receivers are abusing Smith so far in camp?

They are it seems. He's a rookie though obviously! I'm not sure why, but it sure seems that the hardest position for rookies coming from College to the NFL I in the past couple seasons has been at CB. A lot of "busts" have been drafted and it seems like the rookies aren't playing up to the high expectations at that position the most compared to other positions.

There's no way of knowing whether the Colts showed interest in Wilfork. There are multiple conflicting reports on the matter, with some saying that Wilfork was choosing between the Colts and Texans, some saying he had crossed both off his list and was going back to New England, etc. 

When all the dust settled, it was his Houston-based agent, his former defensive coordinator who runs the Texans defense now, his former teammate who coaches the Texans linebackers, and a former assistant coach who is now the head coach of the Texans -- they all presented a favorable draw for Wilfork. That doesn't mean the Colts never talked to his people.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/3/18/8244977/report-colts-were-never-in-the-running-for-vince-wilfork

I cant believe the Colts made no attempt to sign Wilfork. :thmdown:

Meh, colts really need another old guy? I didn't really care iif they signed him or not, but making a play during camp isn't going to sway me either way

I haven't heard anything on the defensive line. I wonder how Langford and Jones are doing, as well as Chapman. The defensive line still concerns me.

Jones has blew a few plays up, even got into with Holmes I believe today. I posted the article above. Like 4-7 spots above this one

I haven't heard anything on the defensive line. I wonder how Langford and Jones are doing, as well as Chapman.  The defensive line still concerns me.

This is just a sum up of what a fan seen at Training camp. He isn't anyone from the media just a devoted fan, but he provides some insight on the D-Line and other positions from notes he took at camp. I thought it was a solid read plus it gave some insight on guys we don't hear much about.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/8/6/9107479/colts-camp-18to87s-night-practice-notes