Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp 8/5/15 (Night Practice)

TKnight24

No. But I include throwing the ball w/ velocity and accuracy. Especially on the intermediate routes into coverage.

Luck has this thing where he tries to guide the ball in there. And he throws a soft ball. Peyton in his prime and Rodgers amd Brady now look like they're trying to throw their hardest @ times. Luck never looks like he's really trying to sling it in there.

So maybe its not his arm, maybe that just him. He seems to be one of those guys that has to take some MPHs off the fastball to get it over the plate.

Rodgers and prime Peyton could throw their hardest ball accurately. I would like to see that out of Andrew.

On another note, Peyton's arm strength has been vastly underrated over the yrs. He had a rocket in his prime.

I think it is time for you to call a fair catch on this.  If you have not seen Luck throw bullets, you have not watched him play.  Ride Hannah's horse and get Directv.  :lecture:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the updates everyone!!  Sounds like it was a good night of practice with a bit of chippiness!!  Hopefully the nicked up players weren't too seriously injured (Though that Heenan comment by ColtsLegacy was hilarious!). 

Interesting that there were so many INTs.  I wonder if its more of a timing issue or just taking more chances with the ball... or were the DBs taking more chances on their coverages and being more aggressive than normal... Either way, it will be interesting to keep an eye on it. I would love to see our DBs be ballhawks this year!

Sounds like Vincent Brown has been a no show at camp really... No one in the first 4 practices have written anything about anything he has done.  But we have heard plenty about TY, AJ, Moncrief, Doresett, Carter and Whalen.... I would say those are the top 6 at this time... I am a Whalen fan so I am pulling for the Colts to keep 6 WRs.

Dwayne Allen seems to be struggling for some reason... From what it sounds like he has been dropping a lot of easy passes thrown his way... Not a good way to start a contract year... Especially when you have Doyle and Swoope waiting in the wings...

No mention of Fleener from last night... usually means he didn't do anything wrong, which is good I suppose.  From the sounds of it he has been having a decent camp.  Right now I wouldn't be surprised if he gets re-signed and they let Doyle walk...but a lot of that will have to depend on how both perform this season. 

No injuries on the starting 5 O-line from the sounds of it... which is GOOD!  Does anyone know if they have kept the starting 5 AC, Lance Louis, KH, Herrimens, and JM?  Did they switch it up at all last night?  I wasn't a fan of Louis last year but maybe LG is his natural position and he is more comfortable now?  Either way, its nice to see no major injuries so far (though we will see about Heenan from last night).

An Adongo sighting last night!! 

So far it sounds like its been a good camp!  Thanks again everyone for posting updates!!

From what I've read, that's been the starting O line throughout camp.  I'm thinking that Louis may be the one who can be beat if given a chance.  Apparently Holmes had a few scrapes last night.  I'm glad he's not taking any cr*p.

Whalen is one of the camp stars, just like last year.  He's proven his worth on STs, if they keep 6 he should have a job.  Personally, I hope they keep 5 and 4 TE's.  Swoope has looked really good last preseason and I heard he's having a decent camp too.

I guess D'Joun has been getting schooled, which is to be expected.  I was listening to the NFL Channel the other day and they were talking about rookie CBs.  It's pretty rare that any come in and don't get burned. 

Can't wait for a week from Sunday to see these guys. 

From what I've read, that's been the starting O line throughout camp.  I'm thinking that Louis may be the one who can be beat if given a chance.  Apparently Holmes had a few scrapes last night.  I'm glad he's not taking any cr*p.

Whalen is one of the camp stars, just like last year.  He's proven his worth on STs, if they keep 6 he should have a job.  Personally, I hope they keep 5 and 4 TE's.  Swoope has looked really good last preseason and I heard he's having a decent camp too.

I guess D'Joun has been getting schooled, which is to be expected.  I was listening to the NFL Channel the other day and they were talking about rookie CBs.  It's pretty rare that any come in and don't get burned. 

Can't wait for a week from Sunday to see these guys. 

I also liked hearing David Parry was 'mixing it up' with Holmes.  A rookie with a tude at NT.

Surprised not to hear anything about Anderson.  

Something tells me D. Carter is not going to be on the back burner for long. I think he's going to be a star if he keeps his head on straight. Seems to be making all the catches he made in the CFL so pretty good signs so far.   Can't wait to see him live.

Colts defense intercepts Andrew Luck three times in practice

One of the differences this year, according to owner Jim Irsay, is that coach Chuck Pagano has become more involved with the defense. Pagano brought a defensive reputation with him from the Baltimore Ravens in 2012, but the Colts have been inconsistent defensively during his first three seasons.

The Colts finished 11th in the league in defense last season.

Indianapolis added three new starters in the offseason in defensive end Kendall Langford, linebacker Trent Cole and safety Dwight Lowery. Irsay said he doesn't expect linebacker Robert Mathis (Achilles) to make his debut until late September or early October.

"I really feel like Chuck is spending more time on defense this year," Irsay said. "We've talked about it. Tony Dungy used to do it. He would come and spend a little bit more time on the defensive time of the ball because that was his expertise. I really think the defense had a great night. We're looking to prove that we can be consistent defense."

http://www.chatsports.com/indianapolis-colts/a/colts-defense-intercepts-andrew-luck-five-times-in-practice-1-11645856

One of the differences this year, according to owner Jim Irsay, is that coach Chuck Pagano has become more involved with the defense. Pagano brought a defensive reputation with him from the Baltimore Ravens in 2012, but the Colts have been inconsistent defensively during his first three seasons.

Indianapolis added three new starters in the offseason in defensive end Kendall Langford, linebacker Trent Cole and safety Dwight Lowery. Irsay said he doesn't expect linebacker Robert Mathis (Achilles) to make his debut until late September or early October.

"I really feel like Chuck is spending more time on defense this year," Irsay said. "We've talked about it. Tony Dungy used to do it. He would come and spend a little bit more time on the defensive time of the ball because that was his expertise. I really think the defense had a great night. We're looking to prove that we can be consistent defense."

http://www.chatsports.com/indianapolis-colts/a/colts-defense-intercepts-andrew-luck-five-times-in-practice-1-11645856

This is why the secondary seems to be amped up...IMO. :thmup:

Not to read to much into that quote but it does lead me to consider the thought that that I have had for some time now (or used to anyway prior to our opening up the offense more) and that is Chuck may have tried to make his own imprint on the Colts offense (Particularly the smash mouth run style we tried to employ)instead of spending most of his time with what he knows which is obviously defense....Just connecting dots here (That may not even be true, We wont know) but perhaps that's why Chud was brought in...So Pagano could have some of the pressure lifted while he focused on what he knows

Mike wells says Luck was picked off five times. Either way sounds like our secondary was on fire last night.

Something tells me D. Carter is not going to be on the back burner for long. I think he's going to be a star if he keeps his head on straight. Seems to be making all the catches he made in the CFL so pretty good signs so far.   Can't wait to see him live.

Yep...it looks like Duron is a player...and with a highly competitive nature to go with his skill set.

It is almost too bad that we have Andre.

Luck doesn't have a strong arm....ok.

No. in his 3 years he has shown he is very mediocre in the short game. With his touch and accuracy. And DECISION making.

Andre Johnson will show us if Andrew is good or not at the short/mid-range game because Andrew WILL feel pressure to throw to him.

This is a great thing really because improving this REAL weakness in his game is a Big step.

Throwing a bunch of deep balls against crappy D`s in the Regular season is fun to watch and piles up the stats, but when you get to the final 4, it`s not enough to get it done usually.

Andrew Stank at it in our last game, and it shouldn`t have been any surprise.

Yep...it looks like Duron is a player...and with a highly competitive nature to go with his skill set.

Andre has had the most looks of all of the receivers so far.  With us relying more on deep routes, Andre is free to roam in his specialty...over the middle and in crossing patterns.....lethal.

Well, two things to this comment:

1. Mocking injured players does not warrant immediate dismissal.
  2. Welcome to the Colts board Ben Heenan.

I think you have been drinking something other than coffee. How would you feel if this was your son? This is exactly what is wrong with society today. Starts with mocking anothers misfortune and ends with punching out your girlfriend ... what a manly thing to do! We need more examples like this for the kids to follow! There is a fine line between being an *hole and being funny. Mocking ones performance, style, likes, dislikes, choices, errors is fair game but making fun of injuries, especially when you don't know their extent,  is not cool and not a good example to be setting.

I think you have been drinking something other than coffee. How would you feel if this was your son? This is exactly what is wrong with society today. Starts with mocking anothers misfortune and ends with punching out your girlfriend ... what a manly thing to do! We need more examples like this for the kids to follow! There is a fine line between being an *hole and being funny. Mocking ones performance, style, likes, dislikes, choices, errors is fair game but making fun of injuries, especially when you don't know their extent,  is not cool and not a good example to be setting.

All I said was that it is not grounds for immediate dismissal.  Don't read more into it than what I wrote.

Point two is, based on your reaction, I assumed you are Ben Heenan.  We've had some players read this board from time to time.

Third, there are a lot of things wrong with society today, someone making a joke on  fan forum is not one of them.

Lighten up Francis, Part II.

Dude - grab a freaking clue.  

I think you have been drinking something other than coffee. How would you feel if this was your son? This is exactly what is wrong with society today. Starts with mocking anothers misfortune and ends with punching out your girlfriend ... what a manly thing to do! We need more examples like this for the kids to follow! There is a fine line between being an *hole and being funny. Mocking ones performance, style, likes, dislikes, choices, errors is fair game but making fun of injuries, especially when you don't know their extent, is not cool and not a good example to be setting.

First of all if you are turning to the Internet to learn your morals and get examples of model citizenship then that's your first problem. Also you can make fun of anything regardless of how sacred or protected it is if you have the talent and if it's done in the right context. What was said shouldn't bother an adult at all...it was harmless and not meant to be taken so viscerally. If it's that offensive I would suggest growing thicker skin or slowly dipping your toes into the deep end of the Internet. And if it was my son who was hurt, what was said wouldn't bother me, nor should it.

#1 our db's looked really really good and had tight coverage, Geathers looked good.

#2 Art Jones was looking far more energetic then last year and blew up a handful of plays and was physical

#3 Frank Gore is looking amazing. He looks very quick and his vision and catching look very promising.

#4 josh Robinson looks pretty quick and hands look good I'm a little worried about his vision as he missed some cuts that were wide open.

#5 Andre didn't really look as well as I had hoped and had a couple drops and trouble getting separation

#6 McAfee's punts are looking beautiful as always

#7 dorsett is looking very impressive with his speed and catching

#8 someone looking more impressive then him? Moncreif is looking like a beast out there very quick and connecting very well.

#9 <the number is fitting and was an accident, but duron carter is having a great camp his catch radius is great along with his hands and speed very excited about him

#10 the O-line looked pretty solid especially on there run blocking

#11 Griff Whalen is looking really good, he's getting really good separation along with an incredible touch down catch yesterday, he also was returning punts yesterday along with holding for pat.

#12 vontae had a really nice pick and tight coverage.

#13 Dwayne Allen is dropping way too many easy balls really hope he gets together.

#14 Vincent brown is looking very sub part and definitely below Whalen.

#15 boom is still looking like a 3rd string rb not really flashy but will still get the job done

He looked great last night!  I only saw a couple drops (unfortunately I believe one led to an interception).  In drills he looked quick, good footworking and that catch radius!!  Even signing autographs he was in a great mood!  He was laughing joking around talking with fans, so I am glad he has a good attitude with everything.  I just hope he keeps his head up because he will more than likely be 5th on the depth chart, until AJ retires or if TY leaves.  Moncrief is very impressive, and Dorsett looks great as expected.  I think this WR corp is easily the best in the league!

It's actually a good thing!  Andre is here for leadership and experience, as well as the talent.  Moncrief and Carter both could use a guy like that to model themselves after.  Andre is only here temporarily but what we have in our other young WR's we should be set for the next decade...

OH MY GOD!  So you are basically saying that you can't take a joke about ANYTHING that may be serious... You must be a BLAST at parties!  Equating making a little pun about an injured player with a person that beats his girlfriend is more obscene than the actual joke.  Why don't you chiggity check yourself before going off on a moral crusade and trying to be the internet police.  Grow up, grow a pair, sip on some apple juice and get over yourself.

Being so tightly wound is bad for your health.

No way!

Every receiver on the roster is going to contribute one way or another! If we didn't have Andre this WR group would be nothing but potential besides T.Y. You can't have that! Andre is going to help Duron and every other receiver on the roster!

If he showed anything during OTAs and the few days of camp, I would not be surprised if they signed him to the PS when they cut to 53.

I think the fact that they waived him with an injury settlement, rather than waive-injured him tells me they didn't like what they saw.

I haven't seen anything about Mr Anderson yet.

Honestly there hasn't been any news on anyone on the D line other than Art Jones.  Actually I haven't heard anything about anyone on the front 7.  Maybe a small tidbit on Werner