Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. Hilton in week 2 could be covered by a WR........ (This isn't a joke)

TKnight24

This should be fun to watch unfold. Former #Vikings WR Percy Harvin could get some work at cornerback. Rex on board. http://t.co/CeGkw5YP5k

— VikingUpdate.com (@VikingUpdate)

July 31, 2015

Wow, wonder why the change of heart from Percy? He has the speed to play CB but idk about his coverage/ball skills

But anything is possible, Richard Sherman made the switch and he turned out good

We play the Bills Week 1. But to address the topic, the only way this happens is if Gilmore isn't playing since I expect him to be on T.Y. the whole game.

You're right we do, sorry. Both bills and jets got suspended players, I forgot who was who haha

This should be fun to watch unfold. Former #Vikings WR Percy Harvin could get some work at cornerback. Rex on board. http://t.co/CeGkw5YP5k

July 31, 2015

Wow, wonder why the change of heart from Percy? He has the speed to play CB but idk about his coverage/ball skills

But anything is possible, Richard Sherman made the switch and he turned out good

You know how many YEARS it took for Richard Sherman to get this good?

Like...   4-5.

Percy Harvin isn't going to get that good, that fast......

He'll likely get eaten alive.

Here is Richard Sherman's path to cornerback.

He played both WR and CB in High School but was a better WR.

He came to Stanford and played WR his first two years.    But it didn't look like he had an NFL future.   So, his 3rd year, he takes a redshirt and learns to play corner.

His fourth year -- his 1st as a corner -- he was beyond terrible.   Couldn't guard my mother and she's been dead since 1990.   Teams threw Sherman's way every opportunity they could.   He had trouble finding the ball, much less finding the receiver.

His fifth year -- his 2nd as a corner -- he got slowly got better over the course of the season.  Got himself a Pick 6 in our huge blowout of USC late in the season.     But despite being 6'2" and 195,  he wasn't drafted until the 5th round.

He played very well as a rookie in 2011.   Started 10 of 16 games, and made 4 picks.   Made the all-rookie team.  

Since 2012,  he started all games the last three seasons and has been the great player we all know.

So, including his redshirt year,  it's taken him four full years to become Richard Sherman,  shutdown cornerback.

You know how many YEARS it took for Richard Sherman to get this good?

Like...   4-5.

Percy Harvin isn't going to get that good, that fast......

He'll likely get eaten alive.

And it rarely happens. Sherman is an anomaly.

And TY has already Burned Sherman anyway...

He came to Stanford and played WR his first two years.    But it didn't look like he had an NFL future.   So, his 3rd year, he takes a redshirt and learns to play corner.

His fourth year -- his 1st as a corner -- he was beyond terrible.   Couldn't guard my mother and she's been dead since 1990.   Teams threw Sherman's way every opportunity they could.   He had trouble finding the ball, much less finding the receiver.

His fifth year -- his 2nd as a corner -- he got slowly got better over the course of the season.  Got himself a Pick 6 in our huge blowout of USC late in the season.     But despite being 6'2" and 195,  he wasn't drafted until the 5th round.

He played very well as a rookie in 2011.   Started 10 of 16 games, and made 4 picks.   Made the all-rookie team.  

Since 2012,  he started all games the last three seasons and has been the great player we all know.

So, including his redshirt year,  it's taken him four full years to become Richard Sherman,  shutdown cornerback.

harvin played some corner in college too.  i think he has the skill set to do it. 

July 31, 2015

So is he changing his position all together to CB or is this just an experimental thing?

How is an offensive player who doesn't like to be hit, going to play defense?  If he doesn't pick off the throw he certainly won't be an aggressive tackler.  Harvin is a pretender NFL football player.  He will be out of the league soon.  Too wimpy for football.

The last sentence in the article says it all:

"Although Harvin is an exceptional athlete, it's exceedingly rare for an established veteran to pull of a successful position switch at the highest level of football.

In other words, we'll believe it when we see it in regular-season action."

One blind side block may change his mind pretty fast.

Don't forget Kelvin Hayden. He was a former WR too, if I am not mistaken. He was no shutdown CB but a good physical CB when healthy.