Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

o-line

OLD FAN MAN

short answer...yeah

we'll be division champs again feel like this is our year lot of faith in this team and our O-Line with todd herremans added to the mix will give us some veteran leadership on our younger line i see the starting 5 as such.

LT: Anthony Castonzo

LG: Lance Louis/Jack Mewhort

C: Jonotthan Harrison

RG: Todd Herremans

RT: Gosder Cherilus/Jack Mewhort

I see us maybe moving Mewhort to Tackle and moving Louis and Thornton to left guard where i think Lance Louis is the better of the two. Hopefully Thornton can improve but i personally doubt it Louis had his best game against Tennessee last year at LG so i see him starting at LG unless we keep Mewhort at LG. I also see Harrison beating out Holmes for starting C.

short answer...yeah

we'll be division champs again feel like this is our year lot of faith in this team and our O-Line with todd herremans added to the mix will give us some veteran leadership on our younger line i see the starting 5 as such.

I see us maybe moving Mewhort to Tackle and moving Louis and Thornton to left guard where i think Lance Louis is the better of the two. Hopefully Thornton can improve but i personally doubt it Louis had his best game against Tennessee last year at LG so i see him starting at LG unless we keep Mewhort at LG. I also see Harrison beating out Holmes for starting C.

Isn't Louis the one who got abused by Ayers in the NY game last season?

short answer...yeah

Holmes played pretty well in the last half of the season. And in the playoffs. I'd rather have Holmes at C

short answer...yeah

Holmes played pretty well in the last half of the season. And in the playoffs. I'd rather have Holmes at C

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 8, 2015 - inappropriate
Hidden by Nadine, June 8, 2015 - inappropriate

can the colts o-line protect luck against the Texans front 7? clowney , wilfork and watts are a force of elite players who scare me

It's a valid question although Clowney is still unproven at this level, Fatfork is getting

long in the tooth and is without Belichick on the sideline. We all know what Watt brings 

every snap.

can the colts o-line protect luck against the Texans front 7? clowney , wilfork and watts are a force of elite players who scare me

Aren't we stretching the definition of "elite" here? Sure, Watt is going to be the hardest one to block consistently, but that's because he's actually elite. One is coming off a knee surgery that is not easy to rehab and the other is 33 years old (Though he's been a lot better than most NT/DT who are 30+ and have torn a muscle somewhat recently). As a whole it sounds like a nightmare blocking them, but to me only one of them seems like a consistent threat. If Clowney plays to his potential and Wilfork can be somewhat near to how he played last year then that's something that will concern me.

It's a valid question although Clowney is still unproven at this level, Fatfork is getting

long in the tooth and is without Belichick on the sideline. We all know what Watt brings 

every snap.

I have to agree with this.

Until Clowney actually shows he can do it at this level, he cant be considered a force to be reckoned with.... not yet.

Belicheck is renowned for letting players go when they are past their prime and no longer produce like they used to, Wilfork is up in age and plays a position where you have to be relentless every down. He has all the signs of decline about him.

Watt is the only one that really scares me at this point on their front line.

short answer...yeah

Lance Louis over Joe Reitz(maybe even Donald Thomas if healthy and we keep him) at guard?

It's a big concern. 

LT: Castonzo (has to stay healthy or we're screwed)

LG: Reitz/Mewhort/Thornton

C: Holmes/Harrison/Thomas

RG: Herremans

RT: Mewhort/Cherlius/Reitz

Some combination thereof will be our opening day lineup I believe. If we can get a unit to play together consistently and stay healthy, we may have a pretty good (but still probably not elite) line. We'll see.

I only heard one elite pass-rusher in that group.  Then there is a very old (but still good) run-stuffing NT, and a supposed physical freak who hasn't had any NFL development yet and is coming off a very serious injury that will probably sap some of his explosion.  I'm not certain that will be one of the more challenging DLs we face this year...

Lance Louis over Joe Reitz(maybe even Donald Thomas if healthy and we keep him) at guard?

i have seen Reitz move into guard before and play really well , Good chemistry with AC but mostly he plays Tackle but if he would kick in to LG think he would be an even better option to start if Mewhort is pulled to RT, and Donald Thomas I'm just not sure about but if he is 100% he would be another solid option to start or serviceable depth. Thanks Krunk didn't even think of that

that's a toss up for me Holmes did play well and Harrison had games where he played just as well but mental errors are what drove me crazy like the botched snaps which i think was a product of being a UDFA to a starter and nerves but in terms of potential i believe Harrison has the advantage.While Holmes may be the better option right now, i think it will come down to who impresses more in TC and whoever the better player is in the end is who i think we all want on that line.

I think people forget we have Ben Heenan... Could he not possibly play LG with Mewhort at RT, Castonzo at LT, Herremans at RG

Only question is Center

Is Heenan better than Reitz? Or even Thornton? I've not really seen the guy play - I almost wonder if he could play center.

Is Heenan better than Reitz? Or even Thornton? I've not really seen the guy play - I almost wonder if he could play center.

Not sure since I haven't seen him play either; but I think he's a first overall pick in the CFL, makes me think he has some talent

imo pass blocking may be improved with our rookies on the line having a year of experience, I don't see gore being able to run up the gut with this line, same as last year no matter who the rb is, center is weak, left guard cant pull , right guard, who knows who is playing. we need more upgrades in the middle

If GC can't go, it should be Reitz at LG....Unless Thornton made a big jump this off-season. Reitz is good next to AC...

My ideal lineup if GC is out would include Reitz at LG and Mewhort at RT. Castonzo at LT obviously, Herremans at RG. Center is a tricky one, if Donald Thomas could ever get healthy I'd like to see what he could do.