Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

For what it's worth, I find ESPN Sports Science to actually be highly unscientific.  They just like to throw numbers out there and compare them to things the average person can relate to.  "Ray Lewis can tackle with a force of 1500 lbs!!  That's the weight of a rhino!!"  But they don't mention other players at the same position, other players at other positions, other athletes, average people, etc.  I didn't watch the clip, so I can't say anything for certain.  But their history shows me their work has a lot of holes in it and is far from really being scientific.

That's cool, I wasn't pushing an agenda there. 

I've conceded that Brady more than likely lied and was involved. The question of how big of an advantage it really provided is an entirely different discussion. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is in the report that Grigson notified them before the game. He also said this at the combine.

Wow you are quite a piece of work.  Duh they were notified before the game.  They tested them before the game... and they were ok.  Not the NFL's fault that the Patriots cheated AND TRIED TO HIDE IT.  You are making an argument that literally has no grounds.  The NFL did exactly what they were supposed to do.  Not accuse an organization based off of one GM AND check the PSI of the balls before the game even started.  It just so happened they had to check it a couple of more times because the dirty Patriots have to cheat. 

Honestly I was focusing on just Tom Brady before I came in and read all of your nonsense.  Now I just hate the whole organization in general because all them knew.  They all had to.  Everyone touches those balls at one point.  And you are telling me Brady doesn't practice with them like that as well?  LOLOLOL keep diggin your own grave so I can hate this organization even more.

Wow you are quite a piece of work.  Duh they were notified before the game.  They tested them before the game... and they were ok.  Not the NFL's fault that the Patriots cheated AND TRIED TO HIDE IT.  You are making an argument that literally has no grounds.  The NFL did exactly what they were supposed to do.  Not accuse an organization based off of one GM AND check the PSI of the balls before the game even started.  It just so happened they had to check it a couple of more times because the dirty Patriots have to cheat. 

Honestly I was focusing on just Tom Brady before I came in and read all of your nonsense.  Now I just hate the whole organization in general because all them knew.  They all had to.  Everyone touches those balls at one point.  And you are telling me Brady doesn't practice with them like that as well?  LOLOLOL keep diggin your own grave so I can hate this organization even more.

They did NOT gauge before kick-off. They gauged pre-game and then lost track of the balls when they went out for the pre-game warm up with the players.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/06/more-probable-than-not-carries-important-legal-meaning/

Here is an answer to what "more probable than not" means to the nfl.  This entire wordage was made by the NFL to show cause enough to carry out strict punishment without a 'smoking gun'.

excerpt::

a standard perhaps even higher than the one that applies to players accused of violating the Personal Conduct Policy, where “credible corroborating evidence” (even without cooperation from the alleged victim) can result in a significant suspension.

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

I have read the entire thing. I was telling DW to read just the footnotes as they are the most damning part of the report in terms of the holes with the entire investigation.

I think the above meme works very well here... 

I.Give.Up.     I'm taking others leads.... and leaving this thread.

Those still trying to reason with the unreasonable.... Good Luck.

I would too but I keep checking back to see what new nonsense is being spewed by the one in denial....

It is in the report that Grigson notified them before the game. He also said this at the combine.

You are confusing two completely different facts and quoting it as if it were one and the same.  Have you even read the report?  How could Grigson notify the league before the game that the football intercepted by D'Qwell was underinflated if it hasn't happened yet?

So that didn't gauge pre-game but they did? Lol ok.  Yea they "lost track" which doesn't even matter since by the middle of the game they were under inflated anyways lol...  You are hopeless.  The fact is the NFL DID  check.  And apparently they were ok or they wouldn't have "lost track" of the balls in the first place.  SO that is making it EVEN worse now.  Because there is gap of time in which the Patriots apparently did in fact alter those footballs.

They did NOT gauge before kick-off. They gauged pre-game and then lost track of the balls when they went out for the pre-game warm up with the players.

pre game= before kickoff, what do you want them to do...walk out there as the ball is placed on the T and check it....geez...

He was told by YOUR GM.

My manager???

I am on an independent contract, not sure who you are talking about???

If you are talking about the Colts GM Ryan Grigson, I heard that he informed league officials that it was league rumor the Pats balls didn't meet regulation...

So your point???

BWAHAHAHAHA....

Yes. 20 minutes before and that is when Walt lost track of the balls. Firs time apparently in 19 years for him and he did not think to re-gauge after Grigson gave him a heads-up before the game ...

Yeah, its walts fault the patriots cheated and then lied about it

So that didn't gauge pre-game but they did? Lol ok.  Yea they "lost track" which doesn't even matter since by the middle of the game they were under inflated anyways lol...  You are hopeless.  The fact is the NFL DID  check.  And apparently they were ok or they wouldn't have "lost track" of the balls in the first place.  SO that is making it EVEN worse now.  Because there is gap of time in which the Patriots apparently did in fact alter those footballs.

pre game= before kickoff, what do you want them to do...walk out there as the ball is placed on the T and check it....geez...

They did it at halftime which caused a delay. Also, a detail most forget. The start of the game was delayed due to the GB/Seattle game going into overtime. They could have done it then too.

You are missing this. Gauge the balls before kick-off then to ensure the game is played with proper footballs. Why wait until half time especially when Walt lost track of the balls?

I addressed this very thing in a post to Dynasty. 

They did guage the balls before the game!  Again, were they supposed to stop play and guage the ball every time the Patriots brought one onto the field?

When the Colts got a hold of one and realized it was low, they checked the balls again.  You make it sound as if they purposely allowed Tom Brady to bring the balls from home and drive them out to the sideline in a golf cart.

The only fault on the league's part was being stupid enough to bestow any assumption of integrity on an inveterate cheater.

So...its the cops fault that you were speeding and wrecked because he didn't catch you sooner?  Are you hearing yourself? Keep grasping...you're not gonna find any straws ....

If the cops are given a heads up? Yes. An entire half of football was played with the SB on the line ...

It all makes sense now.  According to AM it is the NFL's responsibility to:

1. notify the Patriots that cheating is against the rules before they do it.

2. stop the Patriots from continuing to cheat so that way they don't get investigated

3. measure football pressure before the game multiple times every minute until the ball is literally on the tee and in play

4. not consider that the Patriots are a trustworthy team in general

5. defy the laws of physics and create time and space so that they can measure all balls not just the apparent cheater's

Man... being the NFL is tiresome.  Gotta take care of NFL organizations like they are babies AND become the Dr. from Dr. Who rofl

They did it at halftime which caused a delay. Also, a detail most forget. The start of the game was delayed due to the GB/Seattle game going into overtime. They could have done it then too.

Is your point that they could have checked the footballs right before the kickoff? If so, what would that serve?

I am under the assumption that the footballs would have been under-inflated because the "Deflater" had taken the balls into the stall and deflated them after the refs checked the footballs. Brady and the Patriots would be in the same exact position as they are now.

The "integrity of the football game" argument is just a diversion. The problem is that Brady cheated. 

If the cops are given a heads up? Yes. An entire half of football was played with the SB on the line ...

wow...

Hey guys as long as i give everyone a warning I'm not responsible for any of my own choices!!!!!!

Is your point that they could have checked the footballs right before the kickoff? If so, what would this serve?

I am under the assumption that the footballs would have been under-inflated because the "Deflater" had taken the balls into the stall and deflated them after the refs checked the footballs. Brady and the Patriots would be in the same exact position as they are now.

The "integrity of the football game" is just a diversion. The problem is that Brady cheated. 

Takes the investigation off the table. Balls come in under so the science part is out the window. Pats are caught, punished right after AFCCG but most importantly the game is played with proper footballs.

Takes the investigation off the table. Balls come in under so the science part is out the window. Pats are caught, punished right after AFCCG but most importantly the game is played with proper footballs.

They are STILL caught....busted, red handed. 

Takes the investigation off the table. Balls come in under so the science part is out the window. Pats are caught, punished right after AFCCG but most importantly the game is played with proper footballs.

an investigation would still be held.

Ok I'm done.  This is literally ridiculous.  The Patriots cheat.  period.  Regardless if they would've been caught before the game, after the game, during the game (which they did), at my grandma's house in a basement.  IT DOESN'T MATTER.  They would have deflated those balls anyway and the NFL would've caught them at half time...  again.

Also the science part has been out of the window.  For quite a while now.  Temperature change is constant.  You will not have a variable effected more in the weather as the controlling aspect is constant.  The fact that none of the Colt's footballs were under and numerous of the Patriots literally destroys that whole thought process.  you goof

Yes, Brady needs to speak and soon. Apparently a lot of his testimony was left out. He needs to say exactly how he characterized his relationship with McNally.

Am six posts you answered but you ignored Gramz's . I thought you don't shy away from protecting your team ? 

You never answered my earlier question.

Do you believe Brady is innocent..???   One simple question.

So I'm curious as well . My opinion is you realize deep down although a strong supporter he is not innocent . 

And would not like to admit it or tell a lie because if we can all at least learn 1 thing lies don't work out well ..

Loyalty is great when deserved but the thing about getting older is life experience is a great teacher .

If it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck there should be no doubt .

Fanaticism we all feel for our team we just can't &  should not ignore our values & integrity for sports

There is no science part to this, except for fans in NE looking for any excuse. The rest of the country see this pretty clearly.

Why was the game played with improper balls in the first place? Because the refs didn't check them again, or because the Patriots deflated them?

You are missing this. Gauge the balls before kick-off then to ensure the game is played with proper footballs. Why wait until half time especially when Walt lost track of the balls?

Good heavens...

The refs tested the balls prior to the game. The balls were to stay in the refs' locker room until Walt Anderson was ready to walk out to the field. When Anderson got ready to go, he realized that the balls had already been removed. The crew spent 10-15 minutes, from approximately 6:35 to shortly before 6:50 when the game started, looking for McNally and the game balls. They even went back to the refs' locker room to get the backup balls, then found McNally on the field with the game balls. At 6:42, Richard Farley, NFL security rep, is seen walking toward the field with the backup balls. When he gets to the field, he sees McNally with the game balls, and returns the backup balls to the locker room. Kickoff happened at approximately 6:50.

So you're telling me that sometime between 6:32:27 when McNally came out of the bathroom with the game balls, and 6:50 when the game started (the game that had already been postponed by ten minutes for TV), the refs were supposed to retest all 24 game balls?

What happened is that McNally stole away from the refs' locker room with the balls prior to being given authorization to do so -- something everyone involved -- Farley, Anderson, Blakeman, Veretti, Yette, and many other game officials interviewed -- considered to be a clear break in protocol. He took them into the bathroom and deflated them right before the game started, and there was no time to test the balls before the game started. 

Yes. 20 minutes before and that is when Walt lost track of the balls. Firs time apparently in 19 years for him and he did not think to re-gauge after Grigson gave him a heads-up before the game ...

Actually, Walt Coleman was apparently ticked that the balls had "gone missing." 

When it was suggested that McNally had or may have

taken them to the field, Anderson responded that “he‟s not supposed to do that.” Anderson also

stated that “we have to find the footballs.” Blakeman recalls that although Anderson is usually

calm and composed leading up to a game, Anderson was visibly concerned and

uncharacteristically used an expletive when the game balls could not be located. The other

officials were similarly surprised and concerned. None of the officials in the locker room at the

time realized that the game balls had been removed from the locker room until they were ready

to go to the field for the start of the game, and all expected that the balls would not leave the

locker room until it was time for them to take the field.