Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts UDFA signees and invites thread (Please post Colts UDFA news here)

MTC

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say the two biggest UDFA signings so far has to be Toledo ILB/OLB Junior Sylvestre and Harvard OLB Zach Hodges. Could definitely compete to make the 53.

I also like Yale RB/FB Tyler Varga. Not sure how he'll make the team though. The RB depth is crowded.

Gotta say the two biggest UDFA signings so far has to be Toledo ILB/OLB Junior Sylvestre and Harvard OLB Zach Hodges. Could definitely compete to make the 53.

I also like Yale RB/FB Tyler Varga. Not sure how he'll make the team though. The RB depth is crowded.

Like all three plus BV

We're hot out of the gates!  If we only have room for 11 and we're already this far along them phone lines must be burning up.

Love getting Tyler Varga, FB/RB, Yale and Zach Hodges, OLB, Harvard.  If nothing else, we've certainly got the most intelligent draft class! 

We're hot out of the gates!  If we only have room for 11 and we're already this far along them phone lines must be burning up.

Love getting Tyler Varga, FB/RB, Yale and Zach Hodges, OLB, Harvard.  If nothing else, we've certainly got the most intelligent draft class!

Varga and Hodges are/were major rivals

Supe.....is there a $$$$ limit to what a UDFA can be signed for?

Yup. I don't know the exact numbers, but it's a maximum of three years, about $515K/year, average. They can't negotiate a new contract until after three years, and they are restricted free agents after three years. The signing bonus is limited in that teams have a pool of total signing bonus they can offer UDFAs. Guaranteed money is negotiable.

Yup. I don't know the exact numbers, but it's a maximum of three years, about $515K/year, average. They can't negotiate a new contract until after three years, and they are restricted free agents after three years. The signing bonus is limited in that teams have a pool of total signing bonus they can offer UDFAs. Guaranteed money is negotiable.

Thanks, just curious....wondering about Collins.

Don't know if this was posted anywhere else but it says he's not eligible for 2016's draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000490639/article/lael-collins-goes-undrafted-not-eligible-for-16-draft

Sounds like he's almost stuck taking a UDFA offer, no?

Thanks, just curious....wondering about Collins.

Don't know if this was posted anywhere else but it says he's not eligible for 2016's draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000490639/article/lael-collins-goes-undrafted-not-eligible-for-16-draft

Sounds like he's almost stuck taking a UDFA offer, no?

Yup. Unless he sues for the right to enter the supplemental draft, he's gonna have to sign as a UDFA. He reportedly has said he would, but after his name is cleared.

I'm assuming he has nothing to do with the murder. If so, it kind of sucks for him that this happened. He was probably a top ten pick.

Yup. Unless he sues for the right to enter the supplemental draft, he's gonna have to sign as a UDFA. He reportedly has said he would, but after his name is cleared.

I'm assuming he has nothing to do with the murder. If so, it kind of sucks for him that this happened. He was probably a top ten pick.

Yeah...I'm pretty sure the Giants would have grabbed him instead of Flowers.

If he IS cleared, it seems like the NFL should make some kind of an exception for him....the team's were in a really tough spot given how closely to the draft that this sickening news broke.

How they'd sort it all out, who knows?

All reports will be posted here:

UDFA's Colts are connected to:

Yale RB Tyler Varga (signed)

Toledo LB Junior Sylvestre (signed)

Southeastern Louisiana QB Bryan Bennett (signed)

Umass TE Jean Sifrin (signed)

Northwestern OC Brandon Vitabile (signed)

Clemson S Robert Smith  (signed)

West Chester PA CB Al-Hajj Shabazz (tryout)

Nebraska CB Josh Mitchell  (?)

San Diego St WR Ezell Ruffin  (?)

Western Michigan CB Donald Celicar (tryout)

Harvard OLB Zach Hodges (signed)

San Diego State LB Cody Galea (tryout)

Sacramento State QB Garrett Safron (Tryout)

Liberty CB Kenny Scott (tryout)

Auburn WR Quan Bray (tryout)

Purdue TE Justin Sinz (tryout)

Varga, Sylvestre, Hodges, and Sifrin are really good signings. Was hoping for Prewitt but at least we signed a safety. Hodges is by far my favorite so far. Was mocking him as a 5th for us on first-pick.

BUT WAIT... THERE'S MORE!

Cincinnati OLB Terrell Hartsfield having a tryout w/ Colts.