Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ronald Darby to visit Colts.

I think there is a chance Darby could drop into the late second round.

He is a fit for the Colts defense, but not a fit for every defense.

Darby is not physical enough to play in a cover zone defense, because tackling is not his strength. In other words, teams like Tampa Bay, Seattle, and Dallas, and so on will probably not draft this guy. That leaves Darby for the teams that play man-to-man isolated coverage. I can see Darby drafted early because he has good cover skills and great speed, but I can also see him falling due to not being a fit for every team.

He can come in immediately and play that 4th corner in replacement of Gordy.  Only thing I don't like about him

is he's not very strong against the run, but there won't be too much running going on in those dime sets.  Most of

his action will be against the pass.

Darby is the same size as those guys...

Peters and Johnson are 6'0, Darby is 5'11 not the biggest difference, but it's his FRAME which is a concern. He's light and small we could play outide, but I question his press ability because of that frame, which might make him a better fit for the slot.

Peters and Johnson are 6'0, Darby is 5'11 not the biggest difference, but it's his FRAME which is a concern. He's light and small we could play outide, but I question his press ability because of that frame, which might make him a better fit for the slot.

I don't know how you could question his frame but not Waynes' or Johnson's.

TWaynes.jpgjohnson.jpg

According to NFL.com he is 5'11". Doesn't make a big difference in my eyes though, 5'11" or better is fine with me.

Your right, I was looking at the wrong page. Regardless, it's a pretty insignificant difference.

I don't know why they did this this year,  but NFL.com rounded players up or down in height at the combine.

There is no one who has their height reported in a fraction of an inch.    It's all 6'0" or 5'11"  or whatever the height is.

Except in the real world,  that's rarely how it plays out,  and NFL.com never used to do this....  I don't know why they switched.

They have arm length and hands down to the 8th of an inch,  but not height.

Either way,  ESPN.com lists Darby at  5'10 and 5/8 and 193.

I think he's a high 2nd.     Either we grab him in the first or trade back to the top of the 2nd.

I think the chances he falls all the way to 61 are bordering on zero......

Darby was hurt all off season, he was still most of the year. Still, teams NEVER challenged him, he basically took away 1/2 of the field. PJ is much more physical, but PJ got burned badly all year long. Remember that 4th and 17 that Notre Dame made in the 4th quarter? It was thought that Darby got burned because he made the tackle and was the closest. Turns out it was PJ's man, he just blew the coverage but Darby's speed and vision almost made the stop..

I'd love to get that Edelman stopped.  I just hate that little shrimp so bad!!

I don't hate Edelman, but I will concede that Mr. "Death by a thousand paper cuts" is often very frustrating & difficult to neutralize like a mutual respect through fear kind of thing. 

I'd read a daily scouting report by krunk too actually. Another man I trust who knows what in the hades he is talking about 99% of the time too IMO. 

I don't hate Edelman, but I will concede that Mr. "Death by a thousand paper cuts" is often very frustrating & difficult to neutralize like a mutual respect through fear kind of thing. 

I'd read a daily scouting report by krunk too actually. Another man I trust who knows what in the hades he is talking about 99% of the time too IMO. 

Thanks for the kind words there SW1!  I don't hate Edelman for real, but I hate him in a competitor kind of way.

That little guy is so slippery he makes me sick.  If you can limit him and Gronk at the same time you've got something

going against that team, but it's so hard to do I must confess.

Tom Brady has dubbed Edelman as "Minitron", basically a miniature version of Megatron.  I heard him call Edelman that on TV! I got a kick out of that when he said it.  That little dude may be better than Welker to be honest.

Tom Brady has dubbed Edelman as "Minitron", basically a miniature version of Megatron.  I heard him call Edelman that on TV! I got a kick out of that when he said it.  That little dude may be better than Welker to be honest.

LOL! Minitron indeed. Yeah, it took me awhile to admit this to myself, but Julian is more lethal than Wes was when you factor in how well Edelman returned kicks on special teams. 

I gotta give Welker some love though because he took Edelman under his tutelage wing & Wes deserves credit for the player Julian ultimately became today a SB Champion. 

Thanks for the kind words there SW1!  I don't hate Edelman for real, but I hate him in a competitor kind of way.

That little guy is so slippery he makes me sick.  If you can limit him and Gronk at the same time you've got something

going against that team, but it's so hard to do I must confess.

It's cool. I get it. It's like my animosity & contempt for the Dallas Cowboys. I respect Tony Romo & Dez Bryant as players but I laugh my caboose off when the Giants demolish the Lone Star in a NFC East division matchup. It's better than Christmas man. SW1 freaking loves it!  haha

Yeah, Edelman is a very elusive devil. No argument there pal. I read ya man trust me.