Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucs offered cole more

12isthenew18

That's what happens when a team is licking the bottom of the barrel. Take Oakland, for instance. They have to overpay everyone, yet players still shy away from them. I heard the bad teams do attract a lot of bottom-tier talent though, because on bad teams, everyone has a chance to compete for a starting job. That's not going to help win football games, though.

That's what happens when a team is licking the bottom of the barrel. Take Oakland, for instance. They have to overpay everyone, yet players still shy away from them. I heard the bad teams do attract a lot of bottom-tier talent though, because on bad teams, everyone has a chance to compete for a starting job. That's not going to help win football games, though.

And they may give lower-tier or middle-tier players (or players perceived that way) a chance to get some playing time for a couple of years and then earn big bucks playing for a winner.  IMO, the reason Sergio Brown signed with Jacksonville is that he'll have a good shot to start there and prove himself, whereas he was pretty much thought of as a back-up and special teamer here.

And they may give lower-tier or middle-tier players (or players perceived that way) a chance to get some playing time for a couple of years and then earn big bucks playing for a winner. IMO, the reason Sergio Brown signed with Jacksonville is that he'll have a good shot to start there and prove himself, whereas he was pretty much thought of as a back-up and special teamer here.

He will start there most likely! Doubt much position battle will take place. They are paying him more than we ever would!

And they may give lower-tier or middle-tier players (or players perceived that way) a chance to get some playing time for a couple of years and then earn big bucks playing for a winner.  IMO, the reason Sergio Brown signed with Jacksonville is that he'll have a good shot to start there and prove himself, whereas he was pretty much thought of as a back-up and special teamer here.

I thought he did that with us to be honest.... He wasn't an outright baller or anything, but he was solid enough.

I guess if the rumors were true why would Searcy choose Tennessee over Indy? Just seems stupid IMO

Might be better in a 4-3 than a 3-4

More money, doesn't care about winning

Bad agent

Colts never gave him a call

Any of these reasons could be why he picked TEN over IND

I thought he did that with us to be honest.... He wasn't an outright baller or anything, but he was solid enough.

I think he had a chance to start with us, but the fact that Landry (who we cut after the season) was taking playing time back away from Brown in the post-season leads me to believe the front office, coaching staff, and probably considered Brown expendable at safety and an area where we could use improvement.  Again, I think he had a chance to start, but we still would have addressed the position in FA or the draft and tried to improve there or at least really make him earn it.  In Jacksonville, he is almost a lock to start and IMO they overpaid him.

He wants to play for a Ring. He has a legitimate shot here in Indy. Bucs are going through a rebuilding phase no way they are even gonna be considered contenders for a SB.

People said that about us after 2011. Turnarounds happen.