Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts lucky ghost Mock 1.0

Don't see the point in drafting a Kicker when one will be brought in to give Vinny some rest like every other year....Besides you can find all kinds of good ones that go undrafted, Not sold on Tartts recovery speed if he gets beat.....He will as a single high safety in Man coverage

i like the picks but i would be surprised if many of them are on the board like that when we pick.  several teams picking in the early 20s could use goldman.  carter and langford are too good to last that long

tartt in the second looks reasonable

Carter is a sure 2nd rounder. No way we get him that late.

He might be a 2nd rounder.    I don't think it's clear at all that he's a "sure" 2nd rounder.

But, even more to the point,  I think he's much more a zone corner than a man to man.   So, I don't think he's a realistic candidate for the Colts.

I like it a lot, Just think Drummond is a little unrelalistic, but apart from that it's a really good mock.. addresses all of our needs well.

It does?

I don't see the Colts NOT taking a WR from this class.

We may not take one high,  but I believe strongly we will take one.

I hope not with any of our first 3 picks.

Agreed.

I have no interest of desire to use one of our first three picks on a WR.

In fact, I have the 5th round as where we'd pull the trigger on a WR.

1.  OL or DL

2.   DL or OL

3.   Best defensive player available with emphasis on Safety or ILB

4.   RB

5.   WR

6.    S

6.    CB

7.    BPA

Goldman? Really think he reaches 29?

Like Armstead, I think he's a coin flip to reach our pick. There are lots of guys that are even from 20-35 IMO. I think some will reach us and some won't. We can't depend on Goldman, but I wouldn't be shocked either way. There are a bunch of DT's that could reach us, Goldman, Carl Davis, Jordan Phillips, Malcolm Brown. Shelton and Leonard Williams won't reach us, but any of the others are possible. I'd put money down that one of the 4 will reach us for sure. The questions are, is it that DT that Grigson wants and is he the best player available?

Don't see the point in drafting a Kicker when one will be brought in to give Vinny some rest like every other year....Besides you can find all kinds of good ones that go undrafted, Not sold on Tartts recovery speed if he gets beat.....He will as a single high safety in Man coverage

I am with you on Tartt I would rather see us take Randall from ASU or Harris UV

Lets take another look at this. I like some of the picks the author has chosen, but my emphasis would be more on the D.

1. Eddie Goldman, NT, FSU.  I think he has a realistic chance of being there, and he'd be an upgrade in short order at NT.

2. Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson.  He would be the second upgrade this off season at ILB, following Irving. Long term answer.

3. Eric Rowe, S/CB, Utah. He's fast; experienced; can play FS or press corner. Had a strong season and Sr. Bowl. 

4. Xavier Cooper, DE/DT, Washington St.  This guy is fast, tough, and under rated. And the Colts need more talent up front.

5. Jeremy Langford, RB, Mich. St.  Workhorse back who can pass block and pass receive. Fast. Just a bit small at 210. Quality.

6. Craig Mager, CB, Texas St. Good player; was purportedly a standout  at East West game. Solid for a 6th rounder.

6. Marcus Rush, OLB, Mich. St.  Has speed and can pass rush. A tad small at 250+, but big enough to add weight. Great last name.

7. Jake Smith, C/G, Louisville. Would be a strong sleeper. Can block and pass block. Worth a 7th, could go higher.

This mock obviously doesn't address OT, but the Colts are high on Ulrick John, and Mewhort or Reitz can play RT if needed. And obviously no WR, but the team has a strong top 4 in place, and a 5th already there with Whalen still around and Lenz pushing for playing time. This position can wait until next year.