Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

why are we not talking about brandon spikes?

He's a beast at stopping the run. He could be great depth.

Spikes doesn't want to be "depth"....     he wants to start.

Right now,  we don't have a starting job for him,  and he doesn't want to come here for what we'd likely be offering which is not very much.

Spikes doesn't want to be "depth"....     he wants to start.

Right now,  we don't have a starting job for him,  and he doesn't want to come here for what we'd likely be offering which is not very much.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000479927/Spikes-I-already-set-my-watch-it-s-Tebow-time

he just wants to win. he plays the game with a passion and doesn't complain no matter his role.

Spikes would be a nice pickup if we don't close a deal with Nate Irving. Otherwise, both would basically serve the same role in our defense as early down and goal line linebackers. Both would be solid for depth, but either one wouldn't be a starter here. The front office and coaching staff seem pretty partial to Freeman and Jackson.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000479927/Spikes-I-already-set-my-watch-it-s-Tebow-time

he just wants to win. he plays the game with a passion and doesn't complain no matter his role.

I'm not sure you watched the whole video.

He talks about either being a 3-down player (every down)  or a 2-down player (1st and 2nd down)

But he does NOT talk about being a back-up.    He'd be behind DQwell Jackson for us.

He's looking to play....   he likely wouldn't get much playing time with the Colts unless someone gets hurt.

I'm not sure you watched the whole video.

He talks about either being a 3-down player (every down)  or a 2-down player (1st and 2nd down)

But he does NOT talk about being a back-up.    He'd be behind DQwell Jackson for us.

He's looking to play....   he likely wouldn't get much playing time with the Colts unless someone gets hurt.

idk, he sounds like a team guy to me. Of course with him he wouldn't merely be depth. we could rotate him in as dqwell starts to show his age and suck more than he already has.

Ill say this much Spikes is so overrated to the casual fans. 

GM's and teams dont seem to rate him to highly. 

One thing I'll say is I've never seen the Colts show much interest in Spikes at all.  Not even a little bit.

I don't have any proof, but I don't think Grigs is that high on Spikes.  Could be wrong of course.

Getting off topic. Do you plan on doing any cornerback profiles?

I'm interested to see what the board thinks about a guy like P.J. Williams from Florida State.

Yeah ill try to get to corners. Hard to evaluate without all--22 though.