Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

There isn't a cornerback over the age of 31 on an NFL roster.

Dustin

Tramon Williams will be the only one (when he signs) as he turns 32 in a few days.

Antonio Cro will be 31 next month. And of course Revis turns 30 in a few months as well. Some scuttle here as I mentioned to you before is that Bill was hesitate to give Revis all that guaranteed money for the 3 years because he believes he only has one more elite year left. Will be interesting to see how it plays out ...

Antonio Cro will be 31 next month. And of course Revis turns 30 in a few months as well. Some scuttle here as I mentioned to you before is that Bill was hesitate to give Revis all that guaranteed money for the 3 years because he believes he only has one more elite year left. Will be interesting to see how it plays out ...

Yeah, the Jets just keep on being the Jets.

There's a ton of 31 year olds, though.......that's a fluke stat ..it isn't usually that way..

there will be some before the season....but there aren't fluke stats.....just stats. This isn't fuzzy math...we all know that the league is getting faster and faster....and there are few corners in the league that can maintain their step into their 30s.

I don't know the league is getting faster and faster..its been fast

Champ Bailey played into his mid-30s....the age 31 thing is a statistical fluke..

Kelvin Hayden is on the Bears roster..he turns 32 in 3 months

I understand the point you're making but age 31 is an arbitrary number

Check NFL rosters when the season starts and there will be move than one player over 31 at corner..

I don't know the league is getting faster and faster..its been fast

Champ Bailey played into his mid-30s....the age 31 thing is a statistical fluke..

Kelvin Hayden is on the Bears roster..he turns 32 in 3 months

I understand the point you're making but age 31 is an arbitrary number

Check NFL rosters when the season starts and there will be move than one player over 31 at corner..

Kelvin Hayden isn't on the bears roster. He is a ftee agent

Kelvin Hayden isn't on the bears roster. He is a ftee agent

Isnt that the point?....a lot of guys who will be playing this fall aren't on rosters right now.

..Cromartie (back with the Jets) is 30 and they signed him for 4 years..Revis is signed til he's 35..

The 'point' CC is making is good but there's a lot of 29,30-year old corners on rosters and older guys who will be

Isnt that the point?....a lot of guys who will be playing this fall aren't on rosters right now.

..Cromartie (back with the Jets) is 30 and they signed him for 4 years..Revis is signed til he's 35..

The 'point' CC is making is good but there's a lot of 29,30-year old corners on rosters and older guys who will be

I'm pretty sure the point was there isn't a corner on a roster right now that is 32 years old. It says so right in the title

That was the point of what dg said..I was answering him.That's okay, isn't it?

i think that is my reasoning on why there isn't one right now. NFL values younger players in their prime...and yes I do believe the game is getting faster...bigger....stronger...especially at receiver..and the new breed of corners that are bigger and faster to cover them have a premium and are being signed or retained at a premium or valued higher than the older smaller corners. There will be some older guys...but there aren't any at this point...meaning teams weren't retaining guys of that age or signing the first....thus they have less value then the younger guys. There will be a few but they won't be signed to big contracts or getting significant deals....they will struggle to make rosters at that age. Let's face it....corner....is a young mans position....reason being speed is most critical...other positions that don't rely on speed as much players will still be highly valued even at older ages....that's my point at least when seeing the statistic.

It's almost harder to find a quality CB who can cover in man than it is to find a QB these days. Chalk it up to rule changes and emphases, along with the fact that receivers are as big and strong as they've ever been. If you can't find great ones you find adequate ones, and those guys don't tend to have much longevity. Some teams have overpaid veteran CBs during free agency but a lot of them are just going with younger, cheaper options who can provide the same results. Unless you've got a Vontae Davis or a Revis or someone in that category, the young, cheap guy can do the same job as the older, more expensive vet.